• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION] I think I mentioned I thought you might be an ISTJ a while ago but that wasn't quite right. I think you're actually an ISFJ.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION] I think I mentioned I thought you might be an ISTJ a while ago but that wasn't quite right. I think you're actually an ISFJ.

This made me think of a herd of deer and a bear with fake antlers on his head and cotton taped to his ass

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, I can see you don't want to be typed ISFJ.

That's not what I'm saying.

Also, the bear and the deer only seem different relative to one another. Compare them to a tree or european hornet and the bear and deer will look very similar.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's not what I'm saying.

Also, the bear and the deer only seem different relative to one another. Compare them to a tree or european hornet and the bear and deer will look very similar.

Yes it is. You think you're the bear with fake antlers but tbh you are a deer who doesn't want to admit he is a deer. But that's not my business and you can take or leave my opinion. :shrug:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes it is. You think you're the bear with fake antlers but tbh you are a deer who doesn't want to admit he is a deer. But that's not my business and you can take or leave my opinion. :shrug:

No.

I stopped typing myself because these systems aren't designed to accurately type people with mental disorders. The deer are healthy or normal people (maybe they're the ISFJs, maybe they're another type--it doesn't matter which type). The bear-in-disguise is the person with a mental disorder. They are both mammals, so they're the same type, or maybe a different type, but the point is the bear is an abnormal part of the herd and it will be more difficult to type him/her based on their abnormality.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe I do have a lot more Te than I think. Most of the books I get are not purely theory based but reading information for practical purposes. In my head usually what makes me buy a book or not is: "will this knowledge serve me in the future?"

Maybe that's why I've been such an avid typer in the past because I was merely trying to always be efficient with what I know rather than understanding like many FJ's and TP's do here.

Hmm. And I purchase fiction very rarely unless it's like reading classics to boost my vocabulary and writing skills.

I mean if I have evidence I will use it in my argument when I can. However I don't do this in mbti as much because to keep referencing past evidence can just make the person feel watched. Maybe that's Fe now. Lol

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No.

I stopped typing myself because these systems aren't designed to accurately type people with mental disorders. The deer are healthy or normal people (maybe they're the ISFJs, maybe they're another type--it doesn't matter which type). The bear-in-disguise is the person with a mental disorder. They are both mammals, so they're the same type, or maybe a different type, but the point is the bear is an abnormal part of the herd and it will be more difficult to type him/her based on their abnormality.

I see where you're coming from. To be honest though 90% of the population has a mental disorder, thus making the people with mental disorders the deer and the rare few without them the bear or bear-in-disguise.

I managed to type myself. I think you might find you're able to, eventually. Best of luck.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see where you're coming from. To be honest though 90% of the population has a mental disorder, thus making the people with mental disorders the deer and the rare few without them the bear or bear-in-disguise.

I managed to type myself. I think you might find you're able to, eventually. Best of luck.
I gave up on it.

I'm more interested in understanding the system and using it to type others.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I probably seemed a little short, so I apologize. Seeing my name in this thread caught me off guard because I've given up on typing myself (except for the occasional post in Is the Person Above You... threads, but that is for fun and I don't take people's typings seriously in those threads).

I will be honest, seeing me typed as an IFJ is just as puzzling as being typed any other type. I am having an increasingly difficult time seeing myself in any of these types.

By all means, don't let my comments stop you or anyone else from typing me. It's fun to see people come out of left field with some odd suggestions, and I've been typed almost every type at least once.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION] I still have a lot of difficulty typing you. You're hard to read. While INTP is probably the highest probability, I am not 100% sure.

If I type you by letters individually without thinking of cognitive functions I get xNxP. So ENFP, ENTP, INTP, INFP is what I have left. But you could be NJ. (I'm technically an INFx just the functions brought me to the J and perhaps my high stress when things aren't planned through in difficult times)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While INTP Aspergers Syndrome or Schizotypal Disorder is probably the highest probability

I crossed out INTP because each of those disorders can manifest in ways that will look a lot like INTx types, on the surface.

EDIT: I think people see me as a simultaneously awkward and charming robot with just a touch of warmth, and so they assume INTP from that initial perception. Maybe also because I like to use metaphors/analogies (INxPs seem to be masterful in this area), talk more in abstracts (while zoning or spacing out when conversations become too "grounded" in details and reality, as I'm not necessarilly looking to discuss things to apply practically, just to discuss them for the sake of discussing and understanding them, then filing them away or discarding them). I can see how those traits paired with forer effect lead people like me to latch onto the INTP label. INTPs are brilliant. I'm just a fucked up person with some quirks and tics who is curious and moderately intelligent--not traits unique to a particular type.

I think there's already a thread for the topic, but I might start a discussion about which disorders most look like the 16 types.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I do have a lot more Te than I think. Most of the books I get are not purely theory based but reading information for practical purposes. In my head usually what makes me buy a book or not is: "will this knowledge serve me in the future?"

Maybe that's why I've been such an avid typer in the past because I was merely trying to always be efficient with what I know rather than understanding like many FJ's and TP's do here.

Hmm. And I purchase fiction very rarely unless it's like reading classics to boost my vocabulary and writing skills.

I mean if I have evidence I will use it in my argument when I can. However I don't do this in mbti as much because to keep referencing past evidence can just make the person feel watched. Maybe that's Fe now. Lol

I have a hard time seeing you as another type. Are you referring to books you have to get out of obligation (work, school, etc)?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I crossed out INTP because each of those disorders can manifest in ways that will look a lot like INTx types, on the surface.

I think there's already a thread for the topic, but I might start a discussion about which disorders most look like the 16 types.

For PPD using functions in dom/inf, I made this:

Narcissistic - Se
Schizotypal - Ni
Histrionic - Ne
Antisocial/Obsessive-Compulsive - Te
Schizoid/Paranoid - Ti
Avoidant/Paranoid/Borderline - Fi
Dependent/Borderline - Fe
Obsessive-Compulsive/Schizoid - Si

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a hard time seeing you as another type. Are you referring to books you have to get out of obligation (work, school, etc)?

No I buy them for myself. Body language, running a music business, mbti typing books, enneagram, how to use Ableton Live, how to be happy, what my emotions tell me and can do for me, people skills, how to draw fashion, how to draw manga, video game guides (probably doesn't count), how to get into medical school, etc. I purchase these with all my "spending" money.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For PPD using functions in dom/inf, I made this:

Narcissistic - Se
Schizotypal - Ni
Histrionic - Ne
Antisocial/Obsessive-Compulsive - Te
Schizoid/Paranoid - Ti
Avoidant/Paranoid/Borderline - Fi
Dependent/Borderline - Fe
Obsessive-Compulsive/Schizoid - Si

Schizotypal Disorder is believed to manifest in roughly 3% of the population, so it's interesting that it might appear at a rate similar to that of Ni dominants.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No I buy them for myself. Body language, running a music business, mbti typing books, enneagram, how to use Ableton Live, how to be happy, what my emotions tell me and can do for me, people skills, how to draw fashion, how to draw manga, video game guides (probably doesn't count), how to get into medical school, etc. I purchase these with all my "spending" money.

Do you think you do this to compensate for a lack of strong Te? This is where I get tripped up, because I could see that, but then I could also see a strong Te user acting similarly.

I still go with my gut and say I think you're an INFJ merely adapting to a world governed by Fe and Te styles of thinking.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Do you think you do this to compensate for a lack of strong Te? This is where I get tripped up, because I could see that, but then I could also see a strong Te user acting similarly.

I still go with my gut and say I think you're an INFJ merely adapting to a world governed by Fe and Te styles of thinking.

Agreed. Forever gives a very INxJ vibe to me but i would say INFJ as i dont see any Te bluntness.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The thing is I wonder with Te is that when people say that an immature Ni dom doesn't have their auxiliary developed (or even paid too much attention to) unhealthy ways manifest in their personality, such as being too arrogant/too dependent on people's perception of things. I can't always tell for sure what "arrogant" means for me. In my perception I see myself less arrogant than some, though of others Idk what they could think of me.

When I try to use Te or at least the way I believe/fantasize Te to be. I get into a go-getter mode. My independent moral compass turns on, I think in terms of what will get me to the next objective the quickest and it may be actually me doing Se (although Se is a perception function). I feel like an object in movement and somehow everything gets done.. but then.. it doesn't last long I get tired from it quickly and I burn out and it's hard to do it again consistently.

But same as Fe, I will be very considerate of others, think in ways of what social principles people must follow but then it's for a pathetically short time.

Last year, I used to think that if you could find what makes people tick, people are just merely chasing after their own drives and don't have free minds although if I point the finger back at myself, what would that mean for me? So I pushed the theory away and for fear of going to be manipulative.

When I get something, the details of the why and how instantly lose interest in my mind and I move on to the next thing and it sometimes frustrates me how much gobs of information I have to sift through and people are like let's put a single sentence about the use of it and I'm like that's it?!

I also go to a bookstore and purposely read the last few pages of nonfiction books (especially popular science) to see if it's like a "but nobody really knows... conclusion" or if it's more succinct and said "and now you can do this too!" I very much go for the latter.

So to compensate Te or to build Te's potential is what's confusing me. Then considering that the Pi/Je Ji/Pe Pe/Ji Je/Pi model may not even be correct makes me throw my arms about the usefulness of mbti.

Today, I rarely even think about typing people anymore (irl).. it actually makes it boring if I place them into convenient internal categories I have for them. Because every little thing I can do I can tell myself oh they're just doing x for y reasons.. it really kills the humanity to people and I don't think humanity could be that boring (or at least I hope not).

Thanks for responding, when I write it also helps me think out loud which I hear that may be a Te quality too.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The thing is I wonder with Te is that when people say that an immature Ni dom doesn't have their auxiliary developed (or even paid too much attention to) unhealthy ways manifest in their personality, such as being too arrogant/too dependent on people's perception of things. I can't always tell for sure what "arrogant" means for me. In my perception I see myself less arrogant than some, though of others Idk what they could think of me.

When I try to use Te or at least the way I believe/fantasize Te to be. I get into a go-getter mode. My independent moral compass turns on, I think in terms of what will get me to the next objective the quickest and it may be actually me doing Se (although Se is a perception function). I feel like an object in movement and somehow everything gets done.. but then.. it doesn't last long I get tired from it quickly and I burn out and it's hard to do it again consistently.

But same as Fe, I will be very considerate of others, think in ways of what social principles people must follow but then it's for a pathetically short time.

Last year, I used to think that if you could find what makes people tick, people are just merely chasing after their own drives and don't have free minds although if I point the finger back at myself, what would that mean for me? So I pushed the theory away and for fear of going to be manipulative.

When I get something, the details of the why and how instantly lose interest in my mind and I move on to the next thing and it sometimes frustrates me how much gobs of information I have to sift through and people are like let's put a single sentence about the use of it and I'm like that's it?!

I also go to a bookstore and purposely read the last few pages of nonfiction books (especially popular science) to see if it's like a "but nobody really knows... conclusion" or if it's more succinct and said "and now you can do this too!" I very much go for the latter.

So to compensate Te or to build Te's potential is what's confusing me. Then considering that the Pi/Je Ji/Pe Pe/Ji Je/Pi model may not even be correct makes me throw my arms about the usefulness of mbti.

Today, I rarely even think about typing people anymore (irl).. it actually makes it boring if I place them into convenient internal categories I have for them. Because every little thing I can do I can tell myself oh they're just doing x for y reasons.. it really kills the humanity to people and I don't think humanity could be that boring (or at least I hope not).

Thanks for responding, when I write it also helps me think out loud which I hear that may be a Te quality too.

You are one of the most INFJ people i have never met. I haven't seen a single sniff of Te from your posts but i sense Fe with some Ti.