• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seriously.
I've been saying that for like a year now on this site.

The tests don't work, 'cause people think things of themselves that aren't true.

Duh
the test was made by a human
MBTI is a theory
according to its maker, it is 70% accurate

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Duh
the test was made by a human
MBTI is a theory
according to its maker, it is 70% accurate

As nocaps says, people do think things of themselves that are not true.
However, the recourse is not a lot better: People also think things about OTHERS that are not true as well.

As far as a 70% statistic, well, numbers are useless without qualification of what they are specifically referring to and knowledge of how the number was generated.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
What?

Apparently it's not that obvious.

I think there is some confusion here over what Fi can look like online in a series of posts, versus Ni+Fe. Also, I have no idea how strong Kiddo's Fi is; he wouldn't have to be INFP to have a developed Fi along with Ni+Fe.

I remember him saying on another forum that he didn't understand why he got so angry. Inside he would not feel like he needed to say anything, it was sort of formless... but then someone would do something and he'd feel compelled to argue.

I can't say that's Fi. It also sounds possibly Fe -- internally he's stable, externally if someone "breaks the rules," he goes ballistic even when he doesn't want to.

In any case, it's interesting to consider... but I would not say that makes him an "obvious Fi."

Actually, I never mentioned it, but I think that the whole "Fe-Ni looks like Fi" argument is bogus and was developed as a false explaination of the fact that most of the "INFJ"s on this forum are NFPs.

What I remember about Kiddo's posts is when he tried to pull his whole "homophobes are Fi's" thing. By the way Kiddo (if you're reading this), I didn't like the crazy lady in that youtube either, but that doesn't make it a shadow reaction. It just makes her a crazy bitch. (duh!) Then he mentioned how he thought it was so bizarre that they seemed to think he was miserable, and I though "aha! opposing personality Fe". What else... his response to my "obesity myth" thread was totally Fi. No true Ni type has "wisdom at the cost of sanity" as thier signature, not even Nietche(if he were alive) (in other words, it's a fairly obvious sign of an extraverted perception preference).

And I would love to discuss this further (including with Kiddo). I am %100 percent sure he prefers Fi, and I think he's an I_FP.

And your "Fe" example could easily be inferior Te in that context. And I think it is.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to put in here something that's been niggling me - I don't understand why people are afraid to test as Sensers. That's absurd. If I were a Senser, I'd be all "YAY FOR ME!" Intuition is gimpy and I'm stuck with it.

If someone believes they're Intuitive (by definition, erroneous or correct), why would they be offended to hear from their friends that they think they're a Senser? I've seen precious few Sensers who've been upset by an implication of Intuition.

Why are Intuitives/Pseudo-Intuitives so touchy about that?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't understand why people are afraid to test as Sensers. That's absurd. If I were a Senser, I'd be all "YAY FOR ME!" Intuition is gimpy and I'm stuck with it.

The forum culture here generally values the abstract over of the concrete (most likely due to the subject matter), and I can imagine that such a preference is rarely found the majority of wherever most of us find ourselves in our daily lives, so this place serves as a sort of safe-haven, and in order to protect this ideal atmosphere, sensors are out-grouped, if only implicitly.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Excellent explanation, Dana. That's pretty much what I'd thought too. Like the incorrect emphasis on N being "better" precludes Ss from joining in on forum life without having to take a defensive position. You're out of the clubhouse, so to speak. In waking life, Ss have domination, so it must go to type for Ns to congress in their own world where Ns are dominant.

The psychology of it is certainly interesting.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
;) Or you could test high on Ne AND Se and have somewhat the best of both worlds! :D

... but low on Ni and Si :dry:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
;) Or you could test high on Ne AND Se and have somewhat the best of both worlds! :D

... but low on Ni and Si :dry:

I sure do love you, Hypnotoad. :D

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I would like to denounce my own typing as ENFJ. It's blatantly wrong.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have to put in here something that's been niggling me - I don't understand why people are afraid to test as Sensers. That's absurd. If I were a Senser, I'd be all "YAY FOR ME!" Intuition is gimpy and I'm stuck with it.

YAY FOR ME!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Here's my most recent exam:

Ishtak's scores on the main set of questions:

Extraversion 29
Introversion 34
Sensing 0
iNtuition 96
Thinking 60
Feeling 45
Judging 28
Perceiving 30

You scored as an INTP.

Bizarre. Or not.

Either way.

Pseudonym_Alpha

MBTI Type
INFJ
Whats stranger than fiction is I scored INFJ over 10 times, and recently, I re-assessed it and it last 3 times was INTP...I find THAT truly odd...

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8

Extraversion 29
Introversion 34
Sensing 0
iNtuition 96
Thinking 60
Feeling 45
Judging 28
Perceiving 30

You scored as an INTP.

Bizarre. Or not.

Either way.
So you get intuition up the whazoo and lower thinking and I'm the frickin ENTP???? Aww I'm taking this one up with the judges!!

YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS MAN!!!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I am a mysterious man, Xander...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Extraversion 29
Introversion 34
Sensing 0
iNtuition 96
Thinking 60
Feeling 45
Judging 28
Perceiving 30

You scored as an INTP.

Bizarre. Or not.

Either way.
:sadbanana:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!