• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

Total Posts: 959 (18.17 posts per day)

Extraversion is "the act, state, or habit of being predominantly concerned with and obtaining gratification from what is outside the self. Extraverts tend to enjoy human interactions and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive, and gregarious.

I realize the irony in dissecting your nature via an online forum - especially when coincided with my previous post.

You seem to generate a great deal of excitement (for yourself and others) via the shotgunning of your thoughts.

Good man, Jeffster.

Dude. Night is such an F. All caring about people's feelings and stuff. I know, riiiioght.

They say that with age comes development of inferior functions. ;)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Just an aside, but I would never take test results (online tests, most exspecially) as evidence of anything. I've scored all over the place on all kinds of tests. Unless it's an actual-factual MBTI sorter that you paid green money for, which I would consider to be marginally more accurate. And then only marginally. "Accurate" is just not a modifier I would attach to anything regarding measurement of MBTI.

Edit: I hereby acknowledge that other countries have other colors of money.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP

Extraversion is "the act, state, or habit of being predominantly concerned with and obtaining gratification from what is outside the self. Extraverts tend to enjoy human interactions and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive, and gregarious.

I realize the irony in dissecting your nature via an online forum - especially when coincided with my previous post.

You seem to generate a great deal of excitement (for yourself and others) via the shotgunning of your thoughts.

Good man, Jeffster.

I don't buy this post-count argument, as one could (and will) argue that a person is in their element at the forum of their choosing, and is thus more inclined to participate in social exchanges with greater activity than in most other situations.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I don't buy this post-count argument, as one could (and will) argue that a person is in their element at the forum of their choosing, and is thus more inclined to participate in social exchanges with greater activity than in most other situations.

Well, like this thread plainly displays, the determinants for type selection are often as varied as the individual.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Good man, Jeffster.

Thank you. :) But you're right about the online forum part, as is Dana:

I think that's right on, and if I am understanding anything about these cognitive process dealies that you folks like to throw around, then everything I do has to sort of pass the "Fi Test" before the "Se" kicks in. Once it does, it's hard core. But not until. If the "Se" was truly dominant, I would likely not be sitting here typing on an internet forum, I would likely be in jail or at my night job, trying to earn enough to pay for the child support of all the drug-addicted kids I'd fathered with different women. :D

Of course, I'm probably way off, and someone will be along shortly to tell me that I don't understand that function stuff, and it doesn't work that way. ;)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Of course, I'm probably way off, and someone will be along shortly to tell me that I don't understand that function stuff, and it doesn't work that way. ;)

Then they'd be in error.

Function is intimate to the individual.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Very true. I think Jennifer has more posts than probably anyone. Actually you have way more posts than I do, and my join date is quite a bit earlier. (Just counting the "Dana" posts and not the "CTG" posts.) If anything I think introverts are more likely to have a high post count than extraverts are.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, like this thread plainly displays, the determinants for type selection are often as varied as the individual.

Indeed. At least I peresonally have been writing things down in text files to help me work-out the criteria of type as I understand. I think most people have something for less consistent, or even defined in the first place.
(As a funny aside, I just thought about how doing so would probably be considered Ti. But I don't use that! No!)

And Captain Chick, indeed, you must remember that someone can definitely use Fi to support something you totally disagree with. There's a similar occurence in the Enneagram. You know Ones are staunch about their beliefs, and usually frames things in some kind of ethic/honor system, right? Well, that may be true, but two different Ones can have dramatically opposed systems of belief. So they will both staunchly beat each other up over it.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just an aside, but I would never take test results (online tests, most exspecially) as evidence of anything. I've scored all over the place on all kinds of tests. Unless it's an actual-factual MBTI sorter that you paid green money for, which I would consider to be marginally more accurate. And then only marginally. "Accurate" is just not a modifier I would attach to anything regarding measurement of MBTI.

I know that. I was pointing out the fact that I have never, ever, gotten a change in results on that. My point can actually be used in conjuction with your post. Because other people go all over the place on certain functions, it makes me all the more confident that I'm T that my T has never changed.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Exactly!

Now let's get back to BW's type.

Since I don't feel like copying and pasting the stuff I'll just say:

Some of the best examples of BW's Te use are in the graveyard thread "insipity of sensors".

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...And by the way, Kiddo is very obviously NOT an INFJ. He has one of the most obvious Fi-prefference of anyone on this forum--- a definate __FP type.

What?

Apparently it's not that obvious.

I think there is some confusion here over what Fi can look like online in a series of posts, versus Ni+Fe. Also, I have no idea how strong Kiddo's Fi is; he wouldn't have to be INFP to have a developed Fi along with Ni+Fe.

I remember him saying on another forum that he didn't understand why he got so angry. Inside he would not feel like he needed to say anything, it was sort of formless... but then someone would do something and he'd feel compelled to argue.

I can't say that's Fi. It also sounds possibly Fe -- internally he's stable, externally if someone "breaks the rules," he goes ballistic even when he doesn't want to.

In any case, it's interesting to consider... but I would not say that makes him an "obvious Fi."

Very true. I think Jennifer has more posts than probably anyone....

That must be because I'm a closet ESFP. ;) Yeah. Uh huh.

There's a lot more involved in post count than extroversion. Posting things online is not nearly the same as real life engagement -- it's this weird blend of "interaction" that is still detached from real engagement. And my posts aren't necessarily based on wanting to interact with others but could be just my own mind searching for ideas to analyze and spit out answers on (Ti) or ping around and play with (Ne) or compare to other ways of seeing (Ni) or determine the value of (F) based on consequences, or.... I mean, really, an online forum is a like a candy store for an introvert, who deals not with the "real object" but is always more interested in the subjective impression inside their own mind CREATED by the object.

So quantity of engagement with the internalized IMPRESSION of the object is NOT the same as extroversion. Probably something for all of us to keep in mind.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You sometimes get that feeling too that there is an idea that is so clear and inherently factual ? Like MBTI i.e. you get so obsessed about and you dig soo deeply into it that you are about to forget where you started from ? That you have made the idea's own weird entanglements to a new point to start with about life. And furthermore you start to become the idea, with your own set of rules what makes you inconfusable different from anyone else, cause your starting points have started to overtake your own process of digging. That's the point when it needs someone to step up and take the lead, to start a World War !

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've moved some posts over to a new thread. Very mysterious. Almost spooky.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I know that. I was pointing out the fact that I have never, ever, gotten a change in results on that. My point can actually be used in conjuction with your post. Because other people go all over the place on certain functions, it makes me all the more confident that I'm T that my T has never changed.

What it confirms is that you highly value T traits (also confirmed by your strong reaction to your type being questioned) and, as such, answer that way on online tests. It doesn't necessarily confirm that you are T.

Having said that, my general policy is to say something once and after that only reiterate it if asked, and to try and trust people's self-perceptions if they seem convicted of them. :)

(I do want to underscore that F doesn't at all mean "emotional dummy with retarded logic skills," or I wouldn't call myself one. So I don't want you to take my questioning of your type as a pointed finger in any way.)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Seriously.
I've been saying that for like a year now on this site.

The tests don't work, 'cause people think things of themselves that aren't true.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seriously.
I've been saying that for like a year now on this site.

The tests don't work, 'cause people think things of themselves that aren't true.

i second that... i almost think that the MBTI tests should be vanquished in favor of function inventories....

I thought of myself as an introvert for a while...until i was reminded by people WHO KNOW ME VERY WELL of certain things: the clean slate (younger me) and me when im actaully happy (not just the aggregate number of hours i spend acting ______ )...