• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It is more how I live.... searching for peace is my true goal..... nothing is more important, yet more absent....

9 is often associated with peace but I don't think their online profiles get it right. 9s fear separation because it disrupts their inner sense of peace, but what they fear separation from isn't necessarily friends or loved ones - it's from whatever they've merged with that provides them a sense of identity. This is part of why 9 is an attachment type.

Attachment represents the desire of the ego to maintain a comfortable and stable relationship with people or things that are identified with. Simply put, we want to hold onto whatever works well for us, be it a person, a job, a self-image, a feeling state, or a comfortable chair.

The Attachment-based Group includes types Three, Six, and Nine. These types have problems with deeply held attachments to people, situations, or states that are “working” for them. Nines may see their relationship with an idealized other or a comforting routine or a favorite food or a television show as a source of their stability and inner peace. Whatever the source, Nines do not want their “comfort zone” to be tampered with or changed.

When sites describe 9 as a gut type that suppresses their rage, the rage comes from the suppression of one's true self because they let people, things, concepts, etc influence their persona as they merge with it. So I'd say the fact that you are harmony-seeking isn't the completely decisive way to proclaim yourself as a 9, but it's whether your identity is fortified by your relationship to certain things or ideas.

Moreover my condition of a year ago fits level 8 of enneagram 9 health levels.... I don't relate to 8, 2, or 3 health levels....

I almost forgot health levels existed omg. But my take on those is that everyone tends to overestimate just how healthy they are.

To me you seem like someone who's concerned with attractiveness, how impressive you are to others, your lovability, etc. That's why my impression of you made me wonder if you're on the 2/3 spectrum.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is more how I live.... searching for peace is my true goal..... nothing is more important, yet more absent....

Moreover my condition of a year ago fits level 8 of enneagram 9 health levels.... I don't relate to 8, 2, or 3 health levels....

I don't see you at all as an e8 or e2 or e3. E9 seems most accurate to me.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Constantly, actually. I can't decide which is in my tritype, but I wonder if it is my core instead of 9..... I test there rather than 9, but 9 seems more true....

Imho, you're a cp 6w7. You don't strike me as a core gut type, and being a 6 would explain your connection to 9.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Imho, you're a cp 6w7. You don't strike me as a core gut type, and being a 6 would explain your connection to 9.

I could buy that more than an image type for him. He doesn't seem like any of the male 2w1 or 3w2 EFJs I have known. He's a bit too earnest in the way he communicates...if that makes sense.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
9 is often associated with peace but I don't think their online profiles get it right. 9s fear separation because it disrupts their inner sense of peace, but what they fear separation from isn't necessarily friends or loved ones - it's from whatever they've merged with that provides them a sense of identity. This is part of why 9 is an attachment type.

When sites describe 9 as a gut type that suppresses their rage, the rage comes from the suppression of one's true self because they let people, things, concepts, etc influence their persona as they merge with it. So I'd say the fact that you are harmony-seeking isn't the completely decisive way to proclaim yourself as a 9, but it's whether your identity is fortified by your relationship to certain things or ideas.

Oh, I am a gut type. And spent so much time coming to terms with my anger. Anger is my friend, my companion. I have suppressed too many things in pursuit of harmony.

I almost forgot health levels existed omg. But my take on those is that everyone tends to overestimate just how healthy they are.
I was the opposite. I was at level 8 of enneagram type 9...... I was extremely unhealthy....

To me you seem like someone who's concerned with attractiveness, how impressive you are to others, your lovability, etc. That's why my impression of you made me wonder if you're on the 2/3 spectrum.

I really don't give a fuck about what others think about me. I do nothing to get others to like me. I don't suck up to anyone. I don't flatter. I don't seduce or entertain. I just am me with no effort to get people on my side. I don't dress to impress. I don't spend much time on my appearance.

I always found it odd people liking me and trusting in me without reason. I am surrounded by people who have far more faith in me than I have in myself. I have been amazed that people trust me near instantly, have great confidence in me, and rely on me. When bosses tell me I am the only one they trust, I am surprised. When I get promoted, I am shocked.

The only person who I need to love me is my wife. And that stems from my mom's neglect and abandonment. Merging with my wife is my life. Little else matters.

I don't pursue success. It isn't a driving force for me. Love matters. But not as much as harmony within myself, within my marriage.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

As a disintegrated 9, I used to be very 6ish. I find little connection to 6 today.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could buy that more than an image type for him. He doesn't seem like any of the male 2w1 or 3w2 EFJs I have known. He's a bit too earnest in the way he communicates...if that makes sense.

Agreed. 2s are more "squishy". 3s are more slick. If I had to peg a heart fix, I actually could see 2, though.

As a disintegrated 9, I used to be very 6ish. I find little connection to 6 today.

You still come across very 6. Maybe more balanced, but still 6. The fact that you are aware of the anger that you have is a pretty good indicator that you're likely not a 9. "Forgetting" or just not being conscious of anger one way or the other is the hallmark of the 9. They don't think of themselves as "angry people".

Here's a quote from Riso-Hudson on the subject:

The Nine is the primary personality type in the Instinctive Center—the type most out of touch with their instinctual drives and ability to relate to the environment. This occurs because Nines do not want to be affected by the environment. They have established within themselves a kind of equilibrium, a feeling of peace and contentment, and they do not want their interactions with the world or with others to affect them. Similarly, they do not want to become unsettled by powerful feelings that their instincts would stir in them. Nines have dissociated from the intensity of their passions, their drives, and their anger, sufficiently to allow them to remain tranquil and even-tempered.

Suppression of anger is more of a 1 thing. Given what you've described, if you're gut triad at all, it's 1w2. That said, I still think 6w7 is more likely.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed. 2s are more "squishy". 3s are more slick. If I had to peg a heart fix, I actually could see 2, though.

You still come across very 6. Maybe more balanced, but still 6. The fact that you are aware of the anger that you have is a pretty good indicator that you're likely not a 9. "Forgetting" or just not being conscious of anger one way or the other is the hallmark of the 9. They don't think of themselves as "angry people".

Here's a quote from Riso-Hudson on the subject:

Suppression of anger is more of a 1 thing. Given what you've described, if you're gut triad at all, it's 1w2. That said, I still think 6w7 is more likely.

I was never aware of the anger until people here helped me to see it. I was oblivious. I suppressed all negative emotions for the better part of 30+ years.... I stoically didn't react to verbal abuse from my brother and my wife and others for my entire life. I avoided anger of my own and hated the anger of others. Dealing with my anger last year was a very hard struggle for me, but I finally dealt with it....and accepted it....

And again, 1 speaks nothing to me....

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes I think I'm an ESTP but I'm too bitchy to be ~the social butterfly.

You can still by a bitchy ESTP, although bitchy sounds more at home with an ESFP.

I'm sorry that I don't take you for an ESTP. But here's a hug. :hug:

But whatever if you want to go for being a hardcore sensor, go for it.

I just think ESP's would be very much into the EDM/raver scene. Not that they have to, but STP's I known have very well known told me that trance and dubstep, drum and bass, all that jazz really is fun. And the head banging.

Do you like doing any sports or activities that make your use your body be pushed to the limits or of high use of physical intuition?

SO YOU READY TO JOIN MY SQUAD?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
You can still by a bitchy ESTP, although bitchy sounds more at home with an ESFP.

I'm sorry that I don't take you for an ESTP. But here's a hug. :hug:

But whatever if you want to go for being a hardcore sensor, go for it.

I just think ESP's would be very much into the EDM/raver scene. Not that they have to, but STP's I known have very well known told me that trance and dubstep, drum and bass, all that jazz really is fun. And the head banging.

Do you like doing any sports or activities that make your use your body be pushed to the limits or of high use of physical intuition?

SO YOU READY TO JOIN MY SQUAD?
I 100% know I'm not a feeler in the slightest so I can rule out all feeler types.

Yeaaah EDM and I...no thank you.

I like being active, not necessarily sports because I don't play well in teams. >.>

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I 100% know I'm not a feeler in the slightest so I can rule out all feeler types.

I like being active, not necessarily sports because I don't play well in teams. >.>

My squad... :cry: ...my squad.

Really why? And yet you like metal? Not to be correlational but yeah... I've heard metal and dubstep work together in their ears surprisingly. But my sources are YouTube comments... :| Lol. That hard WUB WUB WUB.

I think ever after Azure Flame left (or rather forced to leave), I have no one to share my music with like truly. :boohoo:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8

You should make a video (5 mins maybe). Videos are a good way to distinguish between extroverted types.

In introverts it's harder. Perhaps they feel a million people are watxhing them when they are making one, though alone in their rooms.

I should also make a video. But i do know my type. Perhaps people will enjoy listening to my heavily accented south asian accent. No one has ever said that they enjoy it though :cry:.

Ps - if you do make a video pleaae make sure you use your romanian accent. :D.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I don't think either of those are enough to distinguish between Ne and Se. I used to be really into the raver scene a few years ago, and I like physical activities sometimes, but I'm really different from most ESxPs even if we're both EP... But you're right that if they heavily prefer stuff like that they're probably Se.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
My squad... :cry: ...my squad.

Really why? And yet you like metal? Not to be correlational but yeah... I've heard metal and dubstep work together in their ears surprisingly. But my sources are YouTube comments... :| Lol. That hard WUB WUB WUB.

I think ever after Azure Flame left (or rather forced to leave), I have no one to share my music with like truly. :boohoo:
Lol I'm the worst person to have #squadgoals with though.

I don't really see the correlation because metal involves music composition, as well as becoming quite proficient at playing a variety of instruments while dubstep is...I don't really know how people write or play dubstep to be honest. :shrug:

I kind of like...organic sounding music, if that makes sense? I'll listen to a lot of genres (country, jazz, blues, metal, pop, you name it!) but I don't really seem to enjoy the electronic type too much (of course there are some exceptions). I don't mean any of this to sound elitist or condescending at all, and if it sounds that way I apologize - I'm just expressing preferences.
You should make a video (5 mins maybe). Videos are a good way to distinguish between extroverted types.

In introverts it's harder. Perhaps they feel a million people are watxhing them when they are making one, though alone in their rooms.

I should also make a video. But i do know my type. Perhaps people will enjoy listening to my heavily accented south asian accent. No one has ever said that they enjoy it though :cry:.

Ps - if you do make a video pleaae make sure you use your romanian accent. :D.
Hmmm maybe! That's a neat idea!
I don't think I could do a Romanian accent if I tried anymore (I sound like the Count when I try :dry:), but you should own your accent and speak with pride! :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think either of those are enough to distinguish between Ne and Se. I used to be really into the raver scene a few years ago, and I like physical activities sometimes, but I'm really different from most ESxPs even if we're both EP... But you're right that if they heavily prefer stuff like that they're probably Se.

Anybody could join, I'm sure in those gigantic crowds it's not just SP's and NJ's lol, although a probability of them would be higher. Ne is more focused on the environment of mental ideas where as Se is more focused on sensations. DJ's play an assortment of songs for new sounds and dancing is like playing with the sounds and trying to match with it. Ideas are not really thrown and Si which is more into the internal sensation may even find the sensory environment as irrelevant if it hasn't been a big part of their life.

I noticed that a former member who was an INFP (lol i mean you guys' can guess) his music was never really focused on the sounds but more of the quality of the lyrics, always judging songs more by their lyrical value than the song's sound. I mean he was open to new songs, but he definitely had a more selective quality than I do. In fact while I do care about the lyrics, I have a heavy preference on sound as I grow older. There were even a few times I kept questioning that I was just surpressing my Se, but as I reflect back on my past, Se really wasn't a concern of mine. It's amazing how our psychological progression manifests in all of ourselves. That's why it's also important to not type too early because you haven't experienced yourself in enough breadth to understand yourself well enough.

Lol I'm the worst person to have #squadgoals with though.

I don't really see the correlation because metal involves music composition, as well as becoming quite proficient at playing a variety of instruments while dubstep is...I don't really know how people write or play dubstep to be honest. :shrug:

I kind of like...organic sounding music, if that makes sense? I'll listen to a lot of genres (country, jazz, blues, metal, pop, you name it!) but I don't really seem to enjoy the electronic type too much (of course there are some exceptions). I don't mean any of this to sound elitist or condescending at all, and if it sounds that way I apologize - I'm just expressing preferences.

Lol many people calling that Skrillex isn't a musician. You remind me of a former roommate who was just like that (except more condescending about it). Oh how he hated when I played Grimes. Her voice was too high for him, but my other "hipster" music was okay. He kind of focused on this image of being a hipster. Ugh, lol.

I didn't enjoy "electronic" music as much until I got into the senior year of high school. I fell in love with Trance because it has the "positive" effect on me and I felt like I was floating on clouds being transported into a different dimension, a higher one. Techno was too dull and repetitive for me. And I feel sad (and sometimes irked) whenever people hear me playing electronic music and they say "oh you're listening to Techno?" I'm like "NOPE." I didn't really connect with musicians such as Daft Punk even though a lot of people in high school raved about them.

I was also more into the rave scene of happy hardcore music but sometimes that was just too aimless and I felt like hyped up and dead at the same time. Trance gave me the goosebumps and the warm fuzzies and I could feel my eyes glow at the high points. I would sometimes shudder at the beauty of sound and fall to the floor hugging the floor. It was like classical music adapted to my mind. I hope I can become a DJ or a music producer and really understand how it all comes to be.

Here's a video of a really well put out DJ:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Phobiks is mistyped... lets type him a more accurate type.

Maybe INTP