• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I have no problem chewing people out, either, and that's a lot more NT than NF.
:laugh:

Edit: there are a lot more feisty NF's around that you haven't been exposed to then. If pm and I hung out regularly we'd be tearing up DC. They'd see us coming and say, "Shit! Here come those two crazy bitches! RUN for your lives!" ;)

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't think ENFP works for me either.

ENFP's profile is Ne Fi Te Si. There is no way in hell my Te is stronger than my Si. I have no Te.

Rajah, I know NFs can be logical, but I don't think NF works. The NF's priorities aren't set up the same way mine are. NFs are concerned with how solutions satisfy people's emotional needs (according to Kiersey). My solutions are more practical. I have no problem chewing people out, either, and that's a lot more NT than NF. I have a love for logic and organization more than my love for puppies or whatever it is NFs like. See, I don't even know. Granted I have good, nay, impeccable people skills, but those skills come from having a strong Ne and having grown up around funny people.

So far, I think ENTP or XNTP work the best.
Aw, now, you're misreading NFs. It's not all puppies and sunshine. NFs can be moody sonofabitches too.

To me, you read as an NF. I can see a weaker F, but you still come across as an ENFP.

As for Te:

Te said:
At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively.
Seriously, don't you see that you do this even on the forum?

Also, from that site, "Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process."

Just saying.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
So am I the INTJ stereotype?

I don't know if that's a good thing, really. *eyes INTJf cautiously*

No, you're not an INTJ stereotype. You're actually more likely an INTJ than any of the INTJ stereotypes. At least that's why I haven't second-guessed your type.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Julia Roberts is an ESFJ. Have you met her? :devil:

No, but I enjoy a good amount of her work. I never found her extraordinarily attractive, but she can act.

Seems like everyone you know is on their way (or hoping) to becoming famous.

That happens when you're a film student and a serious extrovert. Most of my friends IRL are weird, druggy Ns who want to be writers or psychologists or MDs. A couple of law school-types in there, as well.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aw, now, you're misreading NFs. It's not all puppies and sunshine. NFs can be moody sonofabitches too.

I think that's not the point in question. It's the nuances of how the anger usually gets expressed, what tends to make the person mad, what they are willing to do and not do when they're upset, how they instinctively approach the release of their anger, etc., that is actually under debate.

I see a lot of the nuances and context getting dropped out of a thread like this, which will make any sort of consensus improbable.

i also see disagreements occurring based on type reads involving externalized behavior only (which is easily observable), versus type reads based on behavior + motivation (only some of which is observable), versus type reads based on motivations alone (which is not really observable by the general populace). What's the basis for one's type read of another person? Different conclusions can be reached depending on one's assumption of what proof is weighted more heavily.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
As for Te: "At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively."

Seriously, don't you see that you do this even on the forum?

Yes, but I'm a moderator here, too. I wouldn't want a job like this, and I know that Te would only be tertiary, but still, it's not as strong as my Fe, which would be the alternate tertiary function.

Even with that, I would say this: my "goals" in posting at this site are:

1. Test original ideas
2. Develop original ideas when replying to threads I find interesting
3. Having fun, cracking jokes, developing friendships
4. Give others advice by analyzing problems and finding solutions
5. Soliciting advice regarding my own problems

The order changes from time to time depending on how comfortable I am, but I don't see these goals as being too "Te."

NFs yell at me all the time. That doesn't mean anything.

Fair enough, although I think the style is different, and the concentration is different. Anytime I have a discussion with NFs, it always tends to digress and focus on the MANNER of communication rather than the communication itself. That bothers the living fuck out of me, and rings of T more than F.

Last edited:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^ do you not see how condescending you can be sometimes? You also appear frustrated a lot of the time. Would be interesting for someone on here to actually hang out with you irl, analyze you and report back to us with the results. fwiw Limey also thinks you're an NF.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Someone give me evidence of Fi from Edahn. I don't think I've ever seen it.

I could pull up a dozen or so threads he's started employing Ti.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
No, you're not an INTJ stereotype. You're actually more likely an INTJ than any of the INTJ stereotypes. At least that's why I haven't second-guessed your type.

Umm. Okay then.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The order changes from time to time depending on how comfortable I am, but I don't see these goals as being too "Te."
Depends. Do your goals involve attaining some position (of power, prestige, or otherwise)?

Do they involve acquisition of things? How many of them do you want? Maybe you want 1 million dollars?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^ do you not see how condescending you can be sometimes? You also appear frustrated a lot of the time. Would be interesting for someone on here to actually hang out with you irl, analyze you and report back to us with the results.

Condescending? Yeah. But, er...so what? I'm not really frustrated often at all, but some people :whistle: get on my nerves here and there. As for rl, I'm pretty normal. Bit shy at first. Probably be described as a little cocky but personable. I dunno. I think an LA meetup is in order.

fwiw Limey also thinks you're an NF.

INTPc brings out the F in me, just as this site brings out the T in me. Contrast effect, I guess.

Depends. Do your goals involve attaining some position (of power, prestige, or otherwise)?

Do they involve acquisition of things? How many of them do you want? Maybe you want 1 million dollars?

My goals are acquisition of information I can use to better understand myself and my surroundings. I've never really been interested in being rich, nor in having power. Prestige would be nice, but it's not at the top of my priority list.

Last edited:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
My goals are acquisition of information I can use to better understand myself and my surroundings.

Is that really a goal, or is it just something you do?

Sounds like the goal is actually to understand with collecting info is just to help to do that.

Not very Je.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
INTPc brings out the F in me, just as this site brings out the T in me. Contrast effect, I guess.
I'm not sure how ENFP men are compared to ENFP women, but over at INTPc you're a little fish in a big pond whereas over here (where we're kinder and gentler) you seem to see yourself as a the big fish. No one is denying that you're not clever but seeing you and hustler go at it was telling for me anyway.

I do like that you seem to be searching for inner peace whatever your type. :)