• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Although probably a moot issue at this point, I really do think Ivy is an INxP.

That would be my best guess too, though I think I may have ruined myself with too much MBTI thinking, making my own perceptions suspect of bias. So I have to rely on the observations of more objective parties. :)

Well, I think that you're pretty clearly NF given that you're so attuned to ethics/values/emotional impacts. INFP makes some sense to me having met you (though you still don't seem as... loosey-goosey... as most INFPs I know).

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is like a bad joke that everyone except Rajah is in on...

Edahn is seriously not a damned enfp.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Sure. I know it's verboten but I'm going to, just as a rhetorical device, compare you to Noah who is very much INTP, TiNe without a doubt. His Ti has a firm reign on the Ne. He's multilayered and open-ended in the way he makes connections, but he leads with the Ti which lends a structure to it. You, IMO, lead with your Ne and drag Ti along kicking and screaming all the way. :D Like Eileen said you bubble over with it.
Noah is quite the INTP, I'll conceed that without contestation. It is however only one result. If all INTPs were like Noah then you'd not really get the structured silly side...if I recall correctly Noah goes more like Sdalek when feeling flippant (something I can't follow).

Mind you though... I'm in a vaccuum. I know of no INTPs locally! I do know one ENTP thought and I'm definitely not paranoid, defensive or reclusive enough about me as a person to be one like that. I could be dealing with a faulty batch but there again so could anyone.
That said it's true that I've never met you and of course I could be wrong, it's just a (very strong) impression I've gotten over the years.
I make tea. I'll even make cawfee. You only have to knock :)

Mind you I'm now getting nagged about when I'm actually going to make good on my promises and go around the states. It seems the missus wants to meet everyone too. Not sure if it's friendly or merely sizing up the "competition" but it would be interesting :devil:
I didn't say INTJ just because you pissed me off.

You made a remark that sounded much more like Trickster Fe than inferior Fe.
Well hopefully I shan't annoy you anymore.

I'm still unfamiliar with the whole trickster thingy.. but I think I know what you mean.

Would I be correct in thinking that it may be based more so on EP vs IP? I'm just thinking that if I were acting INTJ then would I not conceal more of my personal feelings on stuff like that and, being as IJ is your shadow, would not an INTJ think more akin to an ENFP than an INTP?
Do whatever you want.
:nice: CHECK....

Aww nuts there's more :(
(/jk)
If it was clear-cut, then perhaps you could build a case, but these things tend to be more ambiguous, so then you have to be happy with any label you're willing to bear.
If you think it is the most "correct" assignation based on the evidence, then go for it.

I will say that often you do feel like you're channeling Sub, there's a lot of similarities in your frenetic, freewheeling, Ne-pinging posting styles.
If I am sure then please shoot me, I am a clone.

I am often confused as to why other INTPs aren't like me. How they're dry and more focused in the detail than I am. I do wonder why most INTPs are more indepth and less broad than I am but also I wonder at many INTPs certainty as I find it inherant in the type to be uncertain.

It is possible that I'm not an INTP. Only my father is adamant that I am and states that the differences between myself are cultural, based on interests or simply levels of intellect (I doubt I'll ever be convinced of any of them). I do defer to his greater expertise in the areas of MBTI but that doesn't mean I bow to his experience.

That's a good point... I so completely do the whole against the establishment facet more than most (just to start sounding like a sweet valley cheerleader for a moment).
:yes:

Reading a Xander post (or a sub post) is like watching someone do parkour:

And I LOVE IT.
Nope. WRONG.

They didn't hit their heads once :doh:

(I would love to be able to do that though.)

Do I really skip over the pond of ideas more than most INTPs? Do I just illustrate it more? Am I an INTP who likes to entertain?

I'm so going to start a thread... This needs some looking into...
Although probably a moot issue at this point, I really do think Ivy is an INxP.
Really? I was just thinking NFJ myself. ENFJs most often mistype me to conform to what they already think I am.. INFPs tend to see me as more INTP than ENTP as far as I can tell...

Where's that bear type person when you need him... Carebear!!!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Nope. WRONG.

They didn't hit their heads once :doh:

(I would love to be able to do that though.)

Do I really skip over the pond of ideas more than most INTPs? Do I just illustrate it more? Am I an INTP who likes to entertain?

I'm so going to start a thread... This needs some looking into...

Dude, this entire post (including the quoted part) is giving my sense of focus whiplash.

You are just pinging all over the pace, with rapid-fire right-off-the-brain-into-the-fingers delivery.

As far as INTPs sounding sure of themselves, basically you're just seeing Ti at work.

When INTPs are Ne'ing their communication, they will be fuzzy and float around and have fun, even get a little whimsical or silly depending.

When they drop into Ti (because the situation is one they have thought about), they can sound very sure... because they're explaining the conclusions they've drawn so far. There is no other "better" explanation, they're giving you the "best answer" they've got so far. So they're not fuzzy, they sound hard in how they state things.

But there's a large disclaimer there: "...so far." The conclusions that sound so solid are completely vulnerable to new information; as soon as any little piece of information or possibility enters, the "conclusion so far" has to be recalculated.

So the INTP is always sure of the final conclusion of their logic, but they're not sure at all if it's entirely reflective of reality and so the conclusion must constantly be updated. So they sound sure, but the answer is constantly under revision.

If Ne is placed first and Ti is just used to support, then you'd be pinging all over the place and just using Ti to "prod and push" on a possibility so that you can leap to another one from that one, if the ground is safe. The goal here is to leap and explore and advance, using the inner judgment to test your footing; Ti+Ne is more about building a model/case for something, and Ne keeps expanding the theoretical framework, not letting it calcify.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Nocapszy - do you think my INTP analysis for you is correct?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Xander is no T.
Not what?
Dude, this entire post (including the quoted part) is giving my sense of focus whiplash.

You are just pinging all over the pace, with rapid-fire right-off-the-brain-into-the-fingers delivery.

As far as INTPs sounding sure of themselves, basically you're just seeing Ti at work.

When INTPs are Ne'ing their communication, they will be fuzzy and float around and have fun, even get a little whimsical or silly depending.

When they drop into Ti (because the situation is one they have thought about), they can sound very sure... because they're explaining the conclusions they've drawn so far. There is no other "better" explanation, they're giving you the "best answer" they've got so far. So they're not fuzzy, they sound hard in how they state things.

But there's a large disclaimer there: "...so far." The conclusions that sound so solid are completely vulnerable to new information; as soon as any little piece of information or possibility enters, the "conclusion so far" has to be recalculated.

So the INTP is always sure of the final conclusion of their logic, but they're not sure at all if it's entirely reflective of reality and so the conclusion must constantly be updated. So they sound sure, but the answer is constantly under revision.

If Ne is placed first and Ti is just used to support, then you'd be pinging all over the place and just using Ti to "prod and push" on a possibility so that you can leap to another one from that one, if the ground is safe. The goal here is to leap and explore and advance, using the inner judgment to test your footing; Ti+Ne is more about building a model/case for something, and Ne keeps expanding the theoretical framework, not letting it calcify.
Ooo that's good. What happens if an INTP posts from work and is therefore engaging Ti on the thing he's concentrating upon and posts for relief from talking to inbred bigots?

Just purely theoretically you understand ;)
*slaps Nocaps* You take that back! :cry:
What? I didn't see what he said I was not... :( You deleted it?

Oh btw, thread as promised http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/7026-ei-ei-ooooohhh.html

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nocapszy - do you think my INTP analysis for you is correct?

I promise you'd change your mind if we met in person. For all what you've have seen, I don't blame you (or anyone else) for guessing INTP.

I've even wondered about it myself. I'm still convinced I'm an extravert.

It's certainly better than all those J diagnoses.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I know, and in all that, still no one's taken a crack at over-analyzing me. A dude could almost take that personally if he wasn't so secure. :cry: :D

I have you as EsFP, Jeffster.

I promise you'd change your mind if we met in person. For all what you've have seen, I don't blame you (or anyone else) for guessing INTP.

I've even wondered about it myself. I'm still convinced I'm an extravert.

You're an extremely intelligent guy. eNTP seems a great description, too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooo that's good. What happens if an INTP posts from work and is therefore engaging Ti on the thing he's concentrating upon and posts for relief from talking to inbred bigots?

Just purely theoretically you understand ;)

geeez. Stay on task!!! ;)
(you immediately pinged off in a new direction without either establishing or cutting down the old one.)

lol

I have you as EsFP, Jeffster.

Oh, he's goofy, all right... but not quite goofy enough to be ESFP. :)
(That's my professional assess. It sounds professional, doesn't it, terminology and all? Of course it does.)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
geeez. Stay on task!!! ;)
(you immediately pinged off in a new direction without either establishing or cutting down the old one.)

lol
But... but... you didn't ask any questions? Introvert... hello... (well for the moment)... internal process.. you just get the feedback.

I processed... gave feedback... Wha?

I was proposing a theory which may explain why, though I do display all of those particular characteristics you mentioned (to one degree or another), I still come off as more ENTP than INTP.

I was not intending a continuation of your points as to do so would merely form commentary and not progression. So with the ideals of progression in mind I asked a new question which challenges the basis for your theories without individuallly addressing each theory.

I thought that was pretty clean myself....

Obviously not doing so well on the ENTP good arguing skills front....

:devil: 1-0 :smile:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Xander I don't have time to write you an essay but you're an NTP. I'll report back after we (you me and limey) get together the next we're in the UK and let everyone know your true type.

btw what type do you think I am?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm a bit sad that according to everyone here I'm the quintessential INFP (ok not really sad) either that or no one will say anything. I'm fine with being an INFP, but I don't want to be a sterotype.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm a bit sad that according to everyone here I'm the quintessential INFP (ok not really sad) either that or no one will say anything. I'm fine with being an INFP, but I don't want to be a sterotype.

From what little interaction I've had with you so far, I do believe that you at least seem like an INFP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But... but... you didn't ask any questions? Introvert... hello... (well for the moment)... internal process.. you just get the feedback.

I processed... gave feedback... Wha?

I was proposing a theory which may explain why, though I do display all of those particular characteristics you mentioned (to one degree or another), I still come off as more ENTP than INTP.

I was not intending a continuation of your points as to do so would merely form commentary and not progression. So with the ideals of progression in mind I asked a new question which challenges the basis for your theories without individually addressing each theory.

I thought that was pretty clean myself....

Obviously not doing so well on the ENTP good arguing skills front....

:devil: 1-0 :smile:

omg. :shock: migraine time.

Well, normally what I do is I clarify first whether I agree or disagree with what has been said, so that the foundation is secure before we build on it. If the lower levels of the discussion are not agreed on, then anything built on top of it is shaky.

The main time I don't do that is if everyone is just in bs mode (and here I mean "brainstorm" although I guess it's rather all the same, huh? ;) ), and so we're just trying to nail planks across the chasm a la Wile E. Coyote before gravity sucks us all down.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This is like a bad joke that everyone except Rajah is in on...

Edahn is seriously not a damned enfp.
I'm sorry, but I really think you're wrong. I've known more ENFPs IRL than any other type. Edahn embodies so much about ENFPism(!) it's ridiculous. From the constant concern about how people interrelate, to the self-criticism, to this overarching need for self-discovery and living in accordance with this sense of purpose he has, to his broad range of interests and talents, to his difficulty to follow through on things, to his excellent people skills, to his difficulty staying content in romantic relationships, he screams ENFP.

I have talked with Edahn more than I have most other people on this forum or on INTPc. I'm coming from a decent vantage point, given the constraints of online typing to begin with.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Xander - ENTP

Highly theoretical without needless closure
Seconded.

FWIW, I think you're an INFJ, Night. And a lovely person to boot.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Seconded.

FWIW, I think you're an INFJ, Night. And a lovely person to boot.
INtJ.

And cute. whoops did i just say that out loud?*hides* Not nearly as cute as Limey tho ;P

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've observed all of you for a long time. I've even corresponded with and met some of you.

(+10 Creep Points)

Here's my five cents:

Rajah: eNTP
Night: INfj
Edahn: ENFP
Ivy: HELP
CaptainChick: ESFP
Haight: INTp
MacGuffin: entP
Nocapszy: ENTp
Bluewing: INTJ
notta: INTj