• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
J?! Xander, you're so funny!

ENTP all the way. It's not that you're chatty, it's the way you make connections and surf the tangents. Much more Ne than Ti.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?

ENTP all the way. It's not that you're chatty, it's the way you make connections and surf the tangents. Much more Ne than Ti.

Yes, exactly! :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
2 days and nearly 300 replies. People really do love discussing themselves and analyzing others. Who'd have thunk it. ;)

I know, and in all that, still no one's taken a crack at over-analyzing me. A dude could almost take that personally if he wasn't so secure. :cry: :D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I know, and in all that, still no one's taken a crack at over-analyzing me. A dude could almost take that personally if he wasn't so secure. :cry: :D

It's because you're so quintessentially ISFP.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
2 days and nearly 300 replies. People really do love discussing themselves and analyzing others. Who'd have thunk it. ;)

The verdict is out. Night, INTJ. He's just too level headed to be any other type. :smile:

I don't think Night is one BUT ISTJ's are equally level-headed.
ISTJ's and INTJ's are one and the same when it comes to robot land!!

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think Xander's an INTP.
Did you read his post on ENFP's (comparing him and his friend)??
I'm too lazy to find it but it shows that Ti's in charge but Ne plays a role.

After reading 31 pages, I guess I'm definitely an INTP.. :D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't know about the post you're talking about but over the years I've gotten to know and love Xander as a space case intellectual. :) Ne is in the driver's seat, IMO.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
What about INTJ? I know I wasn't exactly charitable to Gabe on our first meeting (something I hope I can be forgiven for at some point) but INTJ?

Anyhow...I'm often quite close to ENTJ. Well a lot moreso than my ENTJ father who seems to be shifting to INTP as he gets older. HE used to berrate me about "seats are for sitting on, not for putting things on". I try that line at his house and all I get is "Yes but I live on my own so it's alright for me to do it".. typical J.. always about controlling the exterior whilst the interior flaps around like a gasping fish :rolleyes:

Yes, exactly! :)
:D Oh many think this to be true. I think only Gen managed to penetrate the mess to find that everything...I really mean EVERYTHING... goes through the Ti filter before it is used or considered. I don't even tie shoelaces without having at one point thought through why they should go that way around.

Don't get me wrong, I love the analysis (okay so maybe there is a little attention seeking within me) but I'm afraid I merely redefine INTP a little :)

(Personally I blame growing up with two Fs and having Fs, almost without exception, as friends...I tend to conceal or tone down the Ti. I dislike upsetting people and so the iron spike is now a Nerf arrow.

Anyhow, why is an ENTP all intuition and an INTP not? The two share the same preferences, just reversed. Surely you'd pick up intuition off of anyone who has it as a secondary preference but has learned to enhance it?

Aw nuts... :doh: ... I just realised I'm trying to conclude again. Bad, bad...BAD!!!

I am satisfied that I am a more extroverted INTP. However if you so wish I shall alter my type to fit the boards decision.

:smile:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Anyhow, why is an ENTP all intuition and an INTP not? The two share the same preferences, just reversed. Surely you'd pick up intuition off of anyone who has it as a secondary preference but has learned to enhance it?

Sure. I know it's verboten but I'm going to, just as a rhetorical device, compare you to Noah who is very much INTP, TiNe without a doubt. His Ti has a firm reign on the Ne. He's multilayered and open-ended in the way he makes connections, but he leads with the Ti which lends a structure to it. You, IMO, lead with your Ne and drag Ti along kicking and screaming all the way. :D Like Eileen said you bubble over with it.

That said it's true that I've never met you and of course I could be wrong, it's just a (very strong) impression I've gotten over the years.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
What about INTJ? I know I wasn't exactly charitable to Gabe on our first meeting (something I hope I can be forgiven for at some point) but INTJ?

Anyhow...I'm often quite close to ENTJ. Well a lot moreso than my ENTJ father who seems to be shifting to INTP as he gets older. HE used to berrate me about "seats are for sitting on, not for putting things on". I try that line at his house and all I get is "Yes but I live on my own so it's alright for me to do it".. typical J.. always about controlling the exterior whilst the interior flaps around like a gasping fish :rolleyes:

:D Oh many think this to be true. I think only Gen managed to penetrate the mess to find that everything...I really mean EVERYTHING... goes through the Ti filter before it is used or considered. I don't even tie shoelaces without having at one point thought through why they should go that way around.

Don't get me wrong, I love the analysis (okay so maybe there is a little attention seeking within me) but I'm afraid I merely redefine INTP a little :)

(Personally I blame growing up with two Fs and having Fs, almost without exception, as friends...I tend to conceal or tone down the Ti. I dislike upsetting people and so the iron spike is now a Nerf arrow.

Aw nuts... :doh: ... I just realised I'm trying to conclude again. Bad, bad...BAD!!!

I am satisfied that I am a more extroverted INTP. However if you so wish I shall alter my type to fit the boards decision.

:smile:

I didn't say INTJ just because you pissed me off.

You made a remark that sounded much more like Trickster Fe than inferior Fe.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...I am satisfied that I am a more extroverted INTP. However if you so wish I shall alter my type to fit the boards decision.

Do whatever you want.
If it was clear-cut, then perhaps you could build a case, but these things tend to be more ambiguous, so then you have to be happy with any label you're willing to bear.
If you think it is the most "correct" assignation based on the evidence, then go for it.

I will say that often you do feel like you're channeling Sub, there's a lot of similarities in your frenetic, freewheeling, Ne-pinging posting styles.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Do whatever you want.
(You have to be happy with any label you're willing to bear.)
If you think it is the most "correct" assignation, then go for it.

I will say that often you do feel like you're channeling Sub, there's a lot of similarities in your frenetic, freewheeling, Ne-pinging posting styles.

:yes:

Reading a Xander post (or a sub post) is like watching someone do parkour:

[youtube="jquXcwooV6A"]Xander posting[/youtube]

And I LOVE IT.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Reading a Xander post (or a sub post) is like watching someone do parkour:

Although probably a moot issue at this point, I really do think Ivy is an INxP.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think Xander's an INTP.
Did you read his post on ENFP's (comparing him and his friend)??
I'm too lazy to find it but it shows that Ti's in charge but Ne plays a role.
I redub the 'Mondo Bingo Dude' :smile:
After reading 31 pages, I guess I'm definitely an INTP.. :D
Tell me about it. I was reminded at 9:30 pm that I should stop building my computer as I hadn't eaten all day :doh:

That and, knowing I was tired and had to get up, I continued after food till 1am. Damn that "just one piece more" mindset!!! :steam:
I don't know about the post you're talking about but over the years I've gotten to know and love Xander as a space case intellectual. :) Ne is in the driver's seat, IMO.
I think I have the answer. Some people I approach as an equal and will engage the Ti to analyse them foremost. Other's I hold at arms length until I am more familiar with where I am in their estimations. At such points I use my intuition to entertain (and probably partially to conceal and evade).

Also like gimme a break... yuz a girl. I've got to slam the intuition into overdrive so I can chat you up without getting slapped (either metaphorically or via a court order).

I reckon that people aren't taking into account the whole "hey it's you!!" factor. To some I am Yoda, full of mystic advice and such, to others I'm full of... less than useful produce ( *phew* ). To some I'm considered clever where as to other's I am always the dunce. Some consider me charming whilst people like my sister often point at me as some kind of example of a nicely mannered social retard.

Personally I'll admit I to a little deliberate change but I think that people skew my personality to match an expected pattern.

Still if the lady's insist then I shall aquiesce.
(Oh and yeah that Night bloke too... I guess as he's one of em "right" people.... :rolli: )|

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Although probably a moot issue at this point, I really do think Ivy is an INxP.

That would be my best guess too, though I think I may have ruined myself with too much MBTI thinking, making my own perceptions suspect of bias. So I have to rely on the observations of more objective parties. :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I'm not mistaken, Ivy is an Enneagram 9, which means she is probably everything -- like Jung himself. :yes: