• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I think it is an INP thing. I am much, much more fluent in writing than speaking. I am a radically different person in person. Getting on the web was the best thing to ever happen to my Ne! :D
Actually, I can see that.

Which is, further, why face-to-face/Skype time would shorten threads like these to about a page and a half. Biographical information, writing patterns, observable thought processes and certain value judgments can corroborate a declared type or suggest another one; but nothing's quite like the real thing.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
edahn as ENTP makes sense.

hap definitely seems INTJ.

oh and DD -- you mistyped yourself?

you seem pretty INFJ to me.

I still greatly idenitfy with INFJ. It was gauging the I/E that's the issue. I'm wondering if years of childhood abuse, being sick and depressed might've altered my natural progression for whatever type I might've become if not INFJ. Meh.

I might've jumped a little too quickly with determining ENFJ, though. Even though I'd been wondering for a few weeks now, I somewhat had a burst of inspiration while reading the profile. It just fit. However, I have been...changing...lately... I'm going to take a while to observe myself over the coming weeks as I have no choice but to interact with a lot of people and I haven't been truly social for years, really. I'm curious as to how I'll behave.

Does this seriously surprise anyone? I never bought introversion for you for a single second!

Aha! I thought so! :D

I'm much more lively and extroverted on the forum than I am in RL, definitely. At least I was when I first joined I was bursting with energy. It spewed forth through my fingertips! I have to say it was rather embarrassing to realise just how bad it was, after some time, as I'd just gotten over a small bout of depression and isolation. It was probably unnoticed but I left for a short while to recharge. I feel as though I've calmed down again. It was a good release. :D

I'm fairly quiet (I know @@) in RL. I can be shy but that's normally if I haven't interacted with people for some time. I find that I'll eventually need a push to get me going. But I still just might be a low-key E. Meh.

Who the hell does she keep looking at?

<_<!!

/serious

This was a good thread idea, Jen!

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This was interesting.

I was talking to my brother about how I solve problems 2 nights ago and described it like this: I forget about all rules of thumb and principles and just to analyze the situation into its components, seeing conflicts as conflicts rather than right action and wrong actions. Then I advise by breaking down the situation and explaining option in terms of outcomes.

The quote Ivy supplied
It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

applies fairly well to me. I do have certain core principles that are based on experience, observation of people, and analysis. I relate well to the "balancing of core issues" as well as the last 2 lines about reading people. I think I do that fairly well irl. Maybe I should move some of these posts and start a What's My Type? thread. Thanks for the input everyone.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Someone PM me if my name comes up. I can't be bothered reading this thread anymore.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Edahn is NOT ENFP!

Edahn, bro, I love you man, but you are not ENFP.

I'm totally sharing Captain Chick's shock and horror :shock: as to these declarations.

What do people actually think ENFPs are like??? Totally emo?

Doood -- he's freaking studying to become a BUDDHIST. That doesn't make you ENFP. Or INFP. I'm sure there are tons of INTJs and INTPs and tons of 'S's running around the monastery. If we really want to start breaking down NF/NT stereotypes, David Kiersey the pioneer in understanding people and respecting differences and type theory who had immense respect for INFPs, and he's INTP. I guess maybe that's a compliment that folks think the desire (almost pre-occupation) to know yourself better, be a good person, and be good to other people is strictly and only an NF trait buuuuuuuuuut, no. I would bet good money that a lot of self-help gurus and spiritual advisors are not 'F' but 'T'.

Arctic Angel, fellow ENFP, made the observation that ENFPs and INTPs have a lot more in common than I was giving credit for. Perhaps that's coming into play right now.

I do not 'get' ENFP at ALL from Edahn. I don't even really get INFP. In other words, I still get NT from him.

Did I mention I know a number of INTPs intimately in real life and have known them for years and feel quite familiar with how they internally process as well as interact with the world. They are extremely sensitive people and have a lot emotionally going on inside that they don't share readily IRL. They are quite emo in their own ways. And The interwebz is a medium that allows all that stuff inside outside.

Also, I think it's unfortunate that people are so caught up in the F/T dichotomy that the concept of trying to bebe 'whole brained' or 'balanced' isn't really explored much on the forum.

I truly believe Edahn is a T who is working very hard to develop his 'F'. Awesome for him, I totally commend him for the path he's on now. But that doesn't mean his functions somehow switch mid-stream.

I think the fact there are so many 'ENFP' votes for him is more reflective of the fact that an XNTP working on their 'F' and TRYING to be sensitive and TRYING to be empathetic is almost unheard of and downright unpopular on the forums (mostly INTPc I'm guessing, but also here)

I would seriously be shocked and further not believe if he said he has started testing ENFP.

Edahn, I like you just the way you are.

And you are not ENFP.

Metis

I've used an argument style similar to Bluewing's. It came from watching too much Seven of Nine and figuring her social style should work for anyone.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
*shudders*

He is NOT an ENFP!!!!!
Yes, he is.

Edahn cannot be an ENFP or INFP in my opinion. I see no evidence of Fi. He has very pronounced Fe to my view. I think he is an NTP who is working hard to developing his Fe.
He's an ENFP. If he's an ENTP (he's not), he's like a font-size 1 T.

I knows me some ENFPs, and Edahn is an ENFP.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, he is.

He's an ENFP. If he's an ENTP (he's not), he's like a font-size 1 T.

I knows me some ENFPs, and Edahn is an ENFP.

Wahhhh! I know me some ESFJs! Edahn is definitely ESFJ, you better believe it!

And I am actually ESTJ, the more that I think of it! The hell with INTJ...

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What do people actually think ENFPs are like??? Totally emo?
No. I like ENFPs. And they're not totally emo.

(INFPs are. ;) )

Doood -- he's freaking studying to become a BUDDHIST. That doesn't make you ENFP. Or INFP.
I didn't base my declaration on this.

Arctic Angel, fellow ENFP, made the observation that ENFPs and INTPs have a lot more in common than I was giving credit for. Perhaps that's coming into play right now.
Yes, they do. I'm an XNTP. I have quite a bit in common with Edahn.

I do not 'get' ENFP at ALL from Edahn. I don't even really get INFP.
I don't get INFP from Edahn either. Cause he's an ENFP.

Did I mention I know a number of INTPs intimately in real life and have known them for years and feel quite familiar with how they internally process as well as interact with the world. They are extremely sensitive people and have a lot emotionally going on inside that they don't share readily IRL. They are quite emo in their own ways. And The interwebz is a medium that allows all that stuff inside outside.
This has nothing to do with Edahn being an ENFP.

I truly believe Edahn is a T who is working very hard to develop his 'F'. Awesome for him, I totally commend him for the path he's on now. But that doesn't mean his functions somehow switch mid-stream.
He's not. He's an ENFP whose legal training tempers the F. *shrug*

I think the fact there are so many 'ENFP' votes for him is more reflective of the fact that an XNTP working on their 'F' and TRYING to be sensitive and TRYING to be empathetic is almost unheard of and downright unpopular on the forums (mostly INTPc I'm guessing, but also here)
No. I think you're reading way more into this than is there. Edahn's an ENFP. A wonderful and cool ENFP who I genuinely like, respect, and admire.

Since when did "ENFP" turn into this pejorative term?

I would seriously be shocked and further not believe if he said he has started testing ENFP.
I would too. Eventually, I think he'll settle into the idea. ;)

Edahn, I like you just the way you are.
Me too.

And you are not ENFP.
Yes, he is.

Seriously. Like | | <-- this much research on ENFPs shows he's an ENFP. Not to mention if there's any type I've had LOTS of exposure to,* it's ENFPs.

(including Edahn :devil: )

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Wahhhh! I know me some ESFJs! Edahn is definitely ESFJ, you better believe it!

And I am actually ESTJ, the more that I think of it! The hell with INTJ...
I'm guessing this is the trademark INTJ brand of "humor."

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I test out borderline T and F because I care about people and know how to read and entertain, but I still really like how ideas are assembled and put together, debate, logic, and efficiency. Same for E/I depending on my mood and what's going on in my life.

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
BlueWing has said it all so much better than I could. I agree with him.

That's another thing though. Edhan writes his ideas tighter and more well defined than say I could most days and it seems effortless. That makes me see more Ti in him than anything else.
He's a lawyer. What do you expect? He's trained to write that way. He'd better write his ideas "tighter" and more well defined than you on most days, or he'd have failed law school.

And besides, "F" doesn't mean you're suddenly unable to write and be logical.

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I test out borderline T and F because I care about people and know how to read and entertain, but I still really like how ideas are assembled and put together, debate, logic, and efficiency. Same for E/I depending on my mood and what's going on in my life.
Edahn, just as much as Ts, Fs like ideas, debate, logic and efficiency. They're (you are!) totally capable of logic. Now when you invest personal emotions in it, then maybe we have a different story.... :)