• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
As Ps get more stressed, they start to show negative J characteristics, like being stubborn to a ridiculous extent, but the reason to believe so has no evidence, as a J would insist on, all they have supporting it is internal judgment. The rigidity isn't helping them... they get more into self-preservation, but they can't balance it adequately as a normal J would. That sort of thing.
Oi! You failed me too.

I don't believe your statement to be true either.

I would expand, but I have to go to a baby shower. :doh:

Anyway, maybe Ivy can get Noah or Martoon to validate or reject your theory (since I know they're INTPs).

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oi! You failed me too.

I don't believe your statement to be true either.

I would expand, but I have to go to a baby shower. :doh:

Anyway, maybe Ivy can get Noah or Martoon to validate or reject your theory (since I know they're INTPs).

Also... there's that Js have an objective when arguing.

Showing weakness in a sort of argument where there's something to gain for winning doesn't seem like a good idea for a J, so therefore they seem more stubborn, even if they do know their opponent has a point. I don't see any of this in BlueWing... what does he have to prove?

There's a difference between arguing to win and being closed off to any opposing arguments.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Boooo!

I wanted to argue this with you "to the very end" and then force you to use your evaluation criteria to discover what type I am based solely on my actions in this thread.

You have failed me!

Haha! I guess I did.
But I wasn't 'strongly convinced' that BlueWing is an INTP.
It depends on how one defines 'strong'.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
well Haight its just that I know her both off- and online. so im curious as to why the old buggers on mbtic type her so differently online. Jennifer was all over that bone as well.

i just want some arguements to juggle about. like any good entp would :p

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Athenian200 - typed as an INFJ; I find her behavior is similar in rhythm to an ISTJ

Athenian: ISTJish vibe.

Athenian = ISTJ

I really wish you hadn't had to drag me into this. For one thing, I don't even post here that much anymore, and for another thing, I've already made it clear that I don't want anyone questioning my type. Finally, I've removed my type from my profile due to not being willing to deal with it anymore. Why do you have to do this to me? Sigh.

I found out what "ISTJ" really means to you, former/current INTPc members, and I don't need these insults. I have tried to explain before why I don't think I'm an ISTJ or any other type, and yet you insist on typing me with this despite that it doesn't fit how I think I use the functions at all, nor does it fit my behavior if you do more than a cursory glance.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
To be honest, I think the only reason why people would think you are an ISTJ is your C-3PO avatar.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
There is no way C-3PO is Te/Fi.

Haha! I would agree with that. C-3PO screams Fe. But he's also IMO a definite SJ.
Keirsey types him as ISTJ actually- blah. So I thought that was the general consensus of C-3PO's type.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it's easy to type Athenian as an ISTJ based off the writings on MBTIc - it's more structured and objective than one would expect from the average INFJ. However, once someone can follow Athe's thought patterns, principles and motivations, it's clear that she can't possibly pass as any sort of TJ and that she perceives mainly with her iNtuition over her Sensing function.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I think it's easy to type Athenian as an ISTJ based off the writings on MBTIc - it's more structured and objective than the average INFJ. However, once someone can follow Athe's thought patterns, principles and motivations, it's clear that she can't possibly pass as any sort of TJ and that she perceives mainly with her iNtuition over her Sensing function.

Agreed. She breaks out in hives anytime she has to do anything Se related (The Chair Incident). I think people are seeing her Ni resisting Se and it looks like Si.

And Economica is an iNTJ. She just pissed off the wrong people.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I don't know how many times I've had to reassure you, Athenian, that my evaluation of you as ISTJ is not an insult.

I find your cursory belief that the ISTJ is an undesirable MBTI type to be indicative of an individual who has researched around a central suspicion v. honest observation towards an unknown end.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really wish you hadn't had to drag me into this. For one thing, I don't even post here that much anymore, and for another thing, I've already made it clear that I don't want anyone questioning my type. Finally, I've removed my type from my profile due to not being willing to deal with it anymore. Why do you have to do this to me? Sigh.

I found out what "ISTJ" really means to you, former/current INTPc members, and I don't need these insults. I have tried to explain before why I don't think I'm an ISTJ or any other type, and yet you insist on typing me with this despite that it doesn't fit how I think I use the functions at all, nor does it fit my behavior if you do more than a cursory glance.

This is one I agree with, from the the posts of yours I've read, very strong Fe is the impression I get. I don't sense anything strong one way or there other on N/S (you seem to show a balance of practicality and natural inclination for forward thinking, so I would suspect you are borderline or well balanced on that axis as far as development goes, but probably have favoritism toward N), and the I/E I can only judge from your self descriptions which seem to have a fairly strong introverted tendency, so I think InFJ is as far as I'd go, but you know yourself better than anyone, so what you believe is all that should matter to you. I just wanted to comment as I have a really hard time seeing how someone could read your posts and conclude any type that does not have strong Fe.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I strongly doubt so many members are mistyped.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I strongly doubt so many members are mistyped.

Do you know how many people take that stupid humanmetrics test and think it's accurate? I think there are a lot of mistypes on the forum (mostly S/N, and T/F). If the person in question has ingrained the MBTI stereotypes they will be resistant to figuring out their true type.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know how many times I've had to reassure you, Athenian, that my evaluation of you as ISTJ is not an insult.

I find your cursory belief that the ISTJ is an undesirable MBTI type to be indicative of an individual who has researched around a central suspicion v. honest observation towards an unknown end.

Sorry, Night. I wasn't really talking to you so much as the other two, you just happened to do the same thing they did. I know you probably didn't mean it as an insult, but I know the other two probably do. :hug:

So, I didn't mean to include you in that one. I understand your opinion for what it is, okay?

This is one I agree with, from the the posts of yours I've read, very strong Fe is the impression I get. I don't sense anything strong one way or there other on N/S (you seem to show a balance of practicality and natural inclination for forward thinking, so I would suspect you are borderline or well balanced on that axis as far as development goes, but probably have favoritism toward N), and the I/E I can only judge from your self descriptions which seem to have a fairly strong introverted tendency, so I think InFJ is as far as I'd go, but you know yourself better than anyone, so what you believe is all that should matter to you. I just wanted to comment as I have a really hard time seeing how someone could read your posts and conclude any type that does not have strong Fe.

Okay, that's interesting.... thanks. I don't really identify with the ISFJ description as much as the INFJ one (nor do I think I resemble the ISFJ's other people have described dealing with), so that's why go with INFJ. Your description is not too far off from how I see myself.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's always ghastly over the internet, since you only see what they like to display:

Athenian200 - NOT ISXJ, but nebulous nonetheless. Writing style appears to confuse many on her, and while she writes more ISTJ, it's not completely reflected in the content. Her writing on here is mostly free of much of a certain abstract quality that reinforces this. One notable thing is that she's very personally guarded and carefully controls her online persona for some reason that I haven't discerned yet (I've only known confirmed INFPs and INFJs that do this). INXJ, but I'd need to chat with her for a while to narrow it further.
Economica - XSTJ
file cabinet - INFP
Haight - ISTP
Ivy - ISFJ
NPG - ISTJ
Rhu - ENTP

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9