• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My animal spirit is a cat coyote fox whale emu cassowary flying fox australian collared lizard scorpion hobo spider.

I think mine is a leech but I'm not sure because I have an aura that is very panda-like

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Typology is necessarily just categorizing characteristics, in this case characteristics of personality. Not all possible characteristics, but some very particular ones that are closely tied to how one generally thinks and reacts. In the case of MBTI, the characteristics specified are sorta-kinda like a skeleton of the personality. A real person is much more fleshed out, and can often seem to be an atypical member of their type.

My usual method of typing people is to explain the key characteristics of the typology to the person wanting to be typed, and they figure out for themselves where they fit in that. I don't use "evidence" to "deduce" or "prove" type. That's silly. You know far more about yourself than I ever will. I'd rather hand you the tools to make the judgment yourself than to judge you based on a few dozen posts.

In spite of what I wrote above, I do tend to make provisional assessments of type. Some people are just clearly one type or another, and their later self-analysis confirms that. Other people aren't so clearly one type or another, usually because they hide parts of themselves very well, and lots of different types do that so that cannot be used as evidence one way or another.

In your case, my first wild guess would be ENTP, from the way you argue about things. You are cautious about making assertions, but hold a strong belief in facts and logic: that's usually Ti. You very much enjoy banter here on the forum, and that tends to go with Ne or Se, but more likely Ne in your case. You seem assertive and outgoing in spite of your caution about making assertions, so that indicates extroversion. Put those observations together and that's ENTP. It's still just a wild guess. 108 posts (as of this writing) isn't enough to make a judgment on my part clear cut. I usually need to know someone much better than that to feel confident in my assessment. But if I met you in person, and had a few exchanges with you like the ones you've had on this forum, I'd use ENTP as a starting point, and work from there for corrections.

An alternative I considered was ENTJ, but your patterns of speech aren't assertive in the way that TJ speech is. You tend to talk around the main topic, never quite addressing it directly, but never quite abandoning it.

My typology tends to align with Dario Nardi's assessments as per EEG readings in his book The Neuroscience of Personality:

[SPOILER CUT TO SAVE SPACE]

Take a close look at the Ne and Ti descriptions. Yeah, they're still kind of vague. These are skeletons of personality, not descriptions of people.

Thank you very much for posting this. Based upon reading everything, I still think I am more of an Ni/Se user, as opposed to an Ne/Si user. I would even go on to say that I agree with Fe over Te/Ti [but yeah, I can make decent use of thinking functions when I want to].

I know this probably has nothing much to do with type, but my ESTJ Dad has said that I am too cyptic for him sometimes. Wouldn't Si/Ne and Ne/Si have a common affinity with one another over Ni/Se and Se/Ni?

But Extroversion doesn't necessarily make your first function extroverted, and vice versa with Introversion. And I think any type can enjoy banter to a certain degree. Of course, it depends on the type of banter they are into. But yeah, thanks for a half decent insight.

Jaguar

In the case of MBTI, the characteristics specified are sorta-kinda like a skeleton of the personality. A real person is much more fleshed out, and can often seem to be an atypical member of their type.

Out of all the years I have posted here, only one person in this forum ever struck me as similar to myself. What surprised me was, Salome picked up on it as well. Then she posted our names in the "What members are similar?" thread. It's the only time Salome posted something that impressed me. (Quasi-insult, I know.)

Jaguar

I think we do have a typology forum, so I don't see why it makes sense to discourage discussions about typology.

Playing a game of 'Pin The Tail On The Donkey' is not my idea of discussing typology. Discussions took place years ago: I'm talking theory and models. Now you have: "My friend Ethel likes kiwi, you like kiwi, ergo, you must be the same type as Ethel." That's not discussion, that's stupidity.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Playing a game of 'Pin The Tail On The Donkey' is not my idea of discussing typology. Discussions took place years ago. I'm talking theory and models. Now you have: "My friend Ethel likes kiwi, you like kiwi, ergo, you must be the same type as Ethel." That's not discussion, that's stupidity.

Agreed. We need to make the discussions more sophisticated and in-depth.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like Kiwi. Now I finally feel certain of my type. Thanks, guys!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i do not think [MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION] is ESFP i think he gets type that because he comes across as dumb and extroverted. but he's not dumb just sometimes misinformed, and aren't we all. I lean towards either ESTP or ENTJ and i gave him my reasonings.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION] huh, now we do have a discussion on your type. That's pretty cool.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I feel a se te loop vibe from ci and I think he is 7w8 sx sp

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION] huh, now we do have a discussion on your type. That's pretty cool.

I guess so. Save me from having to make a new thread, and go back to square one huh?

I feel a se te loop vibe from ci and I think he is 7w8 sx sp

Se te loop? Interesting... I've gotten se-fe loop also.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Cp. Seems to be the defensive but at the same time offensive

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cp. Seems to be the defensive but at the same time offensive

daniel-jacobs-giovanni-lorenzo-face.gif

pretty.gif

tumblr_mbaamzKS6b1rg8g1xo1_400.gif

How would you say you experience them? The loops, I mean.

Basically, like these songs:

I become super sociable, risk taking, attention seeking, outrageous, impulsive, not thinking about the future, indulgent, outspoken. Horrible, basically. It's hard to explain it, but these songs explain it better.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you very much for posting this. Based upon reading everything, I still think I am more of an Ni/Se user, as opposed to an Ne/Si user. I would even go on to say that I agree with Fe over Te/Ti [but yeah, I can make decent use of thinking functions when I want to].

I know this probably has nothing much to do with type, but my ESTJ Dad has said that I am too cyptic for him sometimes. Wouldn't Si/Ne and Ne/Si have a common affinity with one another over Ni/Se and Se/Ni?

But Extroversion doesn't necessarily make your first function extroverted, and vice versa with Introversion. And I think any type can enjoy banter to a certain degree. Of course, it depends on the type of banter they are into. But yeah, thanks for a half decent insight.

What kind of arguments are more likely to convince you that something is true, assuming that you have good reason to doubt the truth:

1) A large set of statistical data confirming the correlations of things?
2) A theoretical model with specific examples of how things work?

(And no, this is NOT comparing what you think it's comparing, it's not S vs N ... just be honest with your answer.)

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What kind of arguments are more likely to convince you that something is true, assuming that you have good reason to doubt the truth:

1) A large set of statistical data confirming the correlations of things?
2) A theoretical model with specific examples of how things work?

(And no, this is NOT comparing what you think it's comparing, it's not S vs N ... just be honest with your answer.)

Well, personally I think that 1 would be more likely to convince me that something is true because 2 doesn't make much sense to me. It just shows you how things work, not the actual proof that X has worked over Y. 2 explains the concept, 1 finalizes and defines the concept with proof.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I believe that you are se ni because you do not seem scattered and then I feel like you are an e, so I would say entj with good se or esfp with good te or estp ti subtype

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I believe that you are se ni because you do not seem scattered and then I feel like you are an e, so I would say entj with good se or esfp with good te or estp ti subtype

Thats interesting you say that, because a few months back, I went onto another forum and got typed as an ENTJ in an Se-Te loop. Now I am back on here, and have gotten the same typing from someone else. According to this suggestion, nothing has actually changed.

An ESFP with good Te? Hm... I don't think I use Fi as much as I should, or in as healthy doses as I should.

ESTP ti subtype? Is this in MBTI or Socionics?