• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Jaguar

nope, just saying that descriptives can fit more than just one type

Well, yes. "Rebellious independent thinker" not only applies to me (and how my parents describe me), but also countless others (who may even be F types).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION] is clearly an ISFP 9w1. I will not offer any good reasons why, but it's clearly the case.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And that's a mistype.

nope, it's exactly what I meant to type :cool:

Well, yes. "Rebellious independent thinker" not only applies to me (and how my parents describe me), but also countless others (who may even be F types).

it may even apply to our smart cat (not the dumb one though... he's dumb and needy, which kind of negates 2/3 of that description!)

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You get what you give, or what people deem you deserve.

People could guess, create long drawn out explanations, but it won't matter if you have preconcieved expectations.

I could write a page detailing why I think you are a member of the illuminati- but by nature of it, I myself cannot prove it.

Yes, you do have proof. It's called evidence. How the hell do you think serial killers and rapists get locked up?:
"Hm.. I'm getting a rapey vibe off you..."

Of course not!

They have proof that links them back to the crime scene, and to other various murders (if any).

If you say shit like "
I could write a page detailing why I think you are a member of the illuminati- but by nature of it, I myself cannot prove it.", you're just being lazy. You do have proof that points towards functions, you just don't wanna find it.

[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION], you don’t really seem like an ESFP to me. You seem like you'd be a lot of fun to be around, so I can see why some might equate that with being an ESFP. But I get a definite "rebellious independent thinker" vibe from you. ENTP seems more fitting.

I tried being an ENTP, didn't go very well. We don't really think alike.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yes, you do have proof. It's called evidence. How the hell do you think serial killers and rapists get locked up?:

Of course not!

They have proof that links them back to the crime scene, and to other various murders (if any).

If you say shit like "
I could write a page detailing why I think you are a member of the illuminati- but by nature of it, I myself cannot prove it.", you're just being lazy. You do have proof that points towards functions, you just don't wanna find it.

All the evidence I have about you is circumstantial. If all the evidence I have is that you give off rapey vibes, and in order to prove that I scour your personal history until I find something out that when you were 12 you used to like playing Dr., sure I could come back to you with that evidence, pretend that it is conclusive, and we could all go about our day with everyone thinking you were something that you absolutely weren't, just because instead of drawing from something, I decided to draw something myself. To an extent this is fine, but if you are looking for a definite path- if you have a goal in mind, then no.

I will go beyond pure observation, state my thoughts, to the point where I am willing to go without turning it into a happenstance dance.

But yes, I get what you are saying- but people just generally will not take the risk- and don't really care much to. It is a large website, and many people here are trying to be typed- people like feeling right so they state 'fact' like it is their original opinion, and hope that no one points it out. No I didn't put much thought into your typing, because why would I? So you have to play along if you expect other people to play with you.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All the evidence I have about you is circumstantial. If all the evidence I have is that you give off rapey vibes, and in order to prove that I scour your personal history until I find something out that when you were 12 you used to like playing Dr., sure I could come back to you with that evidence, pretend that it is conclusive, and we could all go about our day with everyone thinking you were something that you absolutely weren't, just because instead of drawing from something, I decided to draw something myself.

I will go beyond pure observation, state my thoughts, to the point where I am willing to go without turning it into a happenstance dance.

But yes, I get what you are saying- but people just generally will not take the risk- and don't really care much to. It is a large website, and many people here are trying to be typed- people like feeling right so they state 'fact' like it is their original opinion, and hope that no one points it out. No I didn't put much thought into your typing, because why would I? So you have to play along if you expect other people to play with you.

What's the point in being here then? What's the point in Personality Theory and Typing?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
What's the point in being here then? What's the point in Personality Theory and Typing?

As I said, I get what you are saying- but it doesn't change what actually goes on here. Yes, finding any sort of tangent will eventually lead to these tangents converging and a more probable outcome emerging- but you have to find a way, a balance, to get people to care enough to search- reward has to be greater than risk, and it has to seem worth their time to try.

I don't know what else there is to tell you, it is what it is. You can try to force change, but people will force back and all you will get is a fight.

It's not your fault, it's not their fault but eventually it will seem colored as one for the other.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As I said, I get what you are saying- but it doesn't change what actually goes on here. Yes, finding any sort of tangent will eventually lead to these tangents converging and a more probable outcome emerging- but you have to find a way, a balance, to get people to care enough to search- reward has to be greater than risk, and it has to seem worth their time to try.

I don't know what else there is to tell you, it is what it is. You can try to force change, but people will force back and all you will get is a fight.

joker-clap-o.gif

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I guess it's good just to collect data about how other people might perceive you. To make sure you see what you're putting out there.

But it's one reason why I rarely "type" people or celebrities... or at least I refuse to get into debates about it. It's a pointless discussion and for no real purpose, from my actual forming experiences. If someone asks me, and I actually know them (so I feel like I have some grasp of them), I'll tell them what I think but otherwise arguments about someone's type seem rather pointless to me.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Of course not!

If you say shit like "
Typology is necessarily just categorizing characteristics, in this case characteristics of personality. Not all possible characteristics, but some very particular ones that are closely tied to how one generally thinks and reacts. In the case of MBTI, the characteristics specified are sorta-kinda like a skeleton of the personality. A real person is much more fleshed out, and can often seem to be an atypical member of their type.

My usual method of typing people is to explain the key characteristics of the typology to the person wanting to be typed, and they figure out for themselves where they fit in that. I don't use "evidence" to "deduce" or "prove" type. That's silly. You know far more about yourself than I ever will. I'd rather hand you the tools to make the judgment yourself than to judge you based on a few dozen posts.

In spite of what I wrote above, I do tend to make provisional assessments of type. Some people are just clearly one type or another, and their later self-analysis confirms that. Other people aren't so clearly one type or another, usually because they hide parts of themselves very well, and lots of different types do that so that cannot be used as evidence one way or another.

In your case, my first wild guess would be ENTP, from the way you argue about things. You are cautious about making assertions, but hold a strong belief in facts and logic: that's usually Ti. You very much enjoy banter here on the forum, and that tends to go with Ne or Se, but more likely Ne in your case. You seem assertive and outgoing in spite of your caution about making assertions, so that indicates extroversion. Put those observations together and that's ENTP. It's still just a wild guess. 108 posts (as of this writing) isn't enough to make a judgment on my part clear cut. I usually need to know someone much better than that to feel confident in my assessment. But if I met you in person, and had a few exchanges with you like the ones you've had on this forum, I'd use ENTP as a starting point, and work from there for corrections.

An alternative I considered was ENTJ, but your patterns of speech aren't assertive in the way that TJ speech is. You tend to talk around the main topic, never quite addressing it directly, but never quite abandoning it.

My typology tends to align with Dario Nardi's assessments as per EEG readings in his book The Neuroscience of Personality:

Take a close look at the Ne and Ti descriptions. Yeah, they're still kind of vague. These are skeletons of personality, not descriptions of people.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess it's good just to collect data about how other people might perceive you. To make sure you see what you're putting out there.

But it's one reason why I rarely "type" people or celebrities... or at least I refuse to get into debates about it. It's a pointless discussion and for no real purpose, from my actual forming experiences. If someone asks me, and I actually know them (so I feel like I have some grasp of them), I'll tell them what I think but otherwise arguments about someone's type seem rather pointless to me.

I think we do have a typology forum, so I don't see why it makes sense to discourage discussions about typology.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think we do have a typology forum, so I don't see why it makes sense to discourage discussions about typology.

Is that what this forum is about?

I thought I could increase my WPM.

Fuck, 2 years down the drain.

Charlatans.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is that what this forum is about?

I thought I could increase my WPM.

Fuck, 2 years down the drain.

Charlatans.

I'll bet you're one of those jerks who wants to make bullshit posts about typology on Typology Central. Jerk.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll bet you're one of those jerks who wants to make bullshit posts about typology on Typology Central. Jerk.

Hey guuuys, this is important. I need to find my animal spirit. jeez