• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

R

Riva

Dropping myself off here and coming out as INFP. Been fighting it for a while I think. 6 tendency is to get group consensus but I'm feeling all right about this one. Have realized that I probably mistake Soc for Ne a fair amount. Apologies for endless introspecting in the guise of ENFP. Live and learn...

Booo!

*throws stones*

Well atleast it means there is one less variation from the stereotypical body structure of enfps. You mentioned well built or maculine or something which is something that is not seen in enfps often.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Booo!

*throws stones*

Well atleast it means there is one less variation from the stereotypical body structure of enfps. You mentioned well built or maculine or something which is something that is not seen in enfps often.

:laugh: yes, I am more muscular than average. Think like Serena Williams' body composition with a little more pudge/curve, a little more hips, and way less booty! On the more NFP side, a number of people have told me that I look a little elvish... errr...

Nicodemus

Dropping myself off here and coming out as INFP. Been fighting it for a while I think. 6 tendency is to get group consensus but I'm feeling all right about this one. Have realized that I probably mistake Soc for Ne a fair amount. Apologies for endless introspecting in the guise of ENFP. Live and learn...
Congratulations on the type improvement.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
It seems that most of the people whose type I questioned changed their type to something less questionable. Perhaps soon the entire forum will be typed correctly and we will be singing kumbaya on the other side of the fourth wall. Then we will no longer have a grip on reality and will start questioning the truth or falsehood of everything, type included, and snap back into this dimension.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You scored ESFJ on my test. Your top 5 scores were Sensors.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You scored ESFJ on my test. Your top 5 scores were Sensors.

I appreciated that your test identified the affiliation with SJs I feel, as it was the first to ever acknowledge that, but even still, I have never heard a more accurate description for how I tend to perceive than Ne. I would be the first to admit my Si is probably stronger than I have previously realized, but I would make an awful Sensor, and an even more awful SJ or Se user. I am not a J... And my Se is lowwww. I would love to be a Sensor... Would love to be grounded and aware. Would love to be practical and realistic. Would love to be either punctual and routinized or present-focused and observant. I'm none of those things, sadly. I think the ESFJ result can be fairly well explained with Soc + F dom + being raised primarily by an ESFJ mom who I admire greatly. If I come back here in a few years and say I've figured out I'm ESFJ, you can be triumphant, but at least for right now I stand firm on N ground.

Congratulations on the type improvement.

Why thank you! :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I appreciated that your test identified the affiliation with SJs I feel, as it was the first to ever acknowledge that, but even still, I have never heard a more accurate description for how I tend to perceive than Ne. I would be the first to admit my Si is probably stronger than I have previously realized, but I would make an awful Sensor, and an even more awful SJ or Se user. I am not a J... And my Se is lowwww. I think the ESFJ result can be fairly well explained with Soc + F dom + being raised primarily by an ESFJ mom who I admire greatly. If I come back here in a few years and say I've figured out I'm ESFJ, you can be triumphant, but at least for right now I stand firm on N ground.

Your clearest preference to me seems to be Ne/Si>Ni/Se to me. :thinking:

Dunno, I could buy NFP or SFJ equally, but I'll miss you in the so/sx ENFP buddy squad. :cry:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your clearest preference to me seems to be Ne/Si>Ni/Se to me. :thinking:

Dunno, I could buy NFP or SFJ equally, but I'll miss you in the so/sx ENFP buddy squad. :cry:

:wubbie: can I be INFP so/sx partner in crime instead? :)

Y'all are so funny thinking I could be SFJ. I should let my ESFJ mom and ISFJ bf team up and write loads on here about how I am always late and messy and impractical and changing my mind and generally undisciplined. It would be so embarrassing.

:laugh: :sadbanana:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Y'all are so funny thinking I could be SFJ. I should let my ESFJ mom and ISFJ bf team up and write loads on here about how I am always late and messy and impractical and changing my mind and generally undisciplined. It would be so embarrassing.

Change that 7 wing to a 5 and you might be better off...as embarrassing as it is to admit. :blush:

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I don't think SFJ for you at all. Definitely NFP. Definitely some 7-ish random energy bouncing around, too (at least your persona on here).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think SFJ for you at all. Definitely NFP. Definitely some 7-ish random energy bouncing around, too (at least your persona on here).

Thank you for the input, Seymour, appreciated :)

For me I feel 7ish in my need to "push out"... In a lot of ways I am a comfort-seeking homebody who retreats to low-key stimulation but I hate, hate, hate feeling trapped. I am always planning my next trip, even if it's as small as a half-day drive. It makes me feel more comfortable to have the promise of a new adventure on the horizon.

I definitely have some 5 in me... I am an endless gatherer of information and knowledge... And I tend to hold back and learn as much as possible. I guess it is fairly compulsive, too.

Change that 7 wing to a 5 and you might be better off...as embarrassing as it is to admit. :blush:

Lol, wait, you think I would be more accurately typed 6w5, or that if I were 6w5 I'd be more put-together?

:laugh: :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol, wait, you think I would be more accurately typed 6w5, or that if I were 6w5 I'd be more put-together?

:laugh: :)

Oh no, you seem about as 6w7 as it gets. ;) I'm just saying the 5 wing might make your SFJ family members happier if they want you to focus more.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh no, you seem about as 6w7 as it gets. ;) I'm just saying the 5 wing might make your SFJ family members happier if they want you to focus more.

Lol, maybe. I think that spunky w7 with warm F seems EF enough to please Fe, though. They might complain if I got lost in books and forum debates any more than I already do ;)

Honestly I'd probably break even... My 5w6 dad gets so focused it drives us crazy sometimes hah

R

Riva

Lol, maybe. I think that spunky w7 with warm F seems EF enough to please Fe, though. They might complain if I got lost in books and forum debates any more than I already do ;)

Honestly I'd probably break even... My 5w6 dad gets so focused it drives us crazy sometimes hah

Irrespective of your wing if anyone complaints about anything regarding you, you can always let that e6 couterphobia out.

Though I've never seen a e6 drama queen reaction from you, you should know it's in you, you should know you want it out.

So please don't hold it back!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why not ESFJ [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]?

Well, primarily, because my personality seems to be described so much better by (I)NFP. I have always been an abstract thinker, very ethically-focused, hypersensitive, head-in-the-clouds, shy, a little messy. I associate a ton with the NF "temperament", in terms of dreaming a lot about an idealistic world but not being the best at putting that into action. In the great swathe of Fe-Fi debates that took place on this forum several years ago, I found myself siding more easily with Fi and needing to think my way through how Fe would see things. I associate strongly with descriptions of Fi as internal Feeling, like a vast ocean inside whose character changes with the weather, a very visceral experience of "feeling". I tend to keep my feelings private, though, except to close people, or if I feel like it is ethically necessary for me to speak up in a situation. I am not particularly Je - I do well when given a structure to work with, being a 6, but I do not tend to be good at creating and enacting my own structure and discipline. And, like I said before, while I would love to be a Sensor (my family and friends are mostly Sensors, and I really admire their strengths), I can't pretend that sensory awareness has ever or is now a strength of mine. Looking at ESFJ, I mostly associate with being very people-focused and desiring to help, as well as a sense of duty - but that is particularly well-described by Social 6: "Being clear about one’s role in the group or society is an overriding concern. [...] Yet there may be ambivalence about belonging. Doing one’s duty can be both a calling and a burden." (Enneagram in the Narrative Tradition) I think I idealize SFJ more than I embody it because I love the idea of being the active, hands-on, practical person doing the real humanitarian work. Obviously other types can do that, too, but I think it's an idealization sort of thing.

The reason I dropped myself off in mistypes is not because I question NFP, but because it has only recently come to my attention how incredibly much time I spend in my head thinking about my self and my own feelings - kind of stupid, but true. I also have been motivated to reconsider my own type by spending time with my truly ENFP cousin (7w6) and friend (9w1), and noticing the differences in how we tend to process.

I asked my boyfriend what he thought of my type last night. He's super blunt so is a pretty good barometer for whether I'm full of shit or not. Here's what he had to say (I typed it up as he spoke):

Extroverted or introverted? Do you mean like the standard definition of being social or is there a special psychological definition? [I explain Jungian definition]. Okay, so, a mixture of both. More introverted if I was pressed to choose because you generally keep to yourself and do things like that [reading/forum-ing on the internet]. You like going out with select group of friends but you only tend to socialize with people beyond that in a constructed scenario, like at work. You spend a lot of time in your head thinking about how you feel about things.

You're more of a conceptual thinker. You easily lose yourself in imagination, you pull a lot of thoughts that are not from the outside world. You put a spin on what you take in from the outside world. You're so-so at noticing what is in the environment. You tend to let facts and details build up and they seem to get lost in the conglomeration of your thoughts. You can hyper-fixate on certain details and you can get overwhelmed with sensory detail.

P because you seem to create a mental structure, but not external structure. You definitely tend to respond to situations more than driving yourself to meet goals.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm more surprised that you're an Introvert, but okay. Welcome all over again!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm more surprised that you're an Introvert, but okay. Welcome all over again!

Yeah, my online persona is a lot more exuberant than IRL, I guess, lol. You should see/hear some of the responses I got when telling people IRL that I (thought I) am (was) an extrovert... Funny to have people surprised in both directions. Testimony to ambiversion, I guess. Thank you for the re-welcome :hug:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always thought the 6 was kind of unusual for an ENFP. I see them as 7s, 9s, 2s or 4s.