• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Starry

Starry, if senza is a 4, can I be a 9? Pretty please with cherry on top? :unicorn:

Ginkgo...I'm really sorry but I'm gonna need you to be a 2. We'll hold off on your transition to ESFJ until a later phase but for now...2w3 is your...destination (<-could not think of a good word there haha so yah "Destiny.")

I should say that I'm not necessarily convinced senza's a 4...but it makes more sense to me than 9. There's something off there to me...

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], I've successfully confused you too?! :yay:

(misery loves company, etc.)

Starry

haha...I friggen luv ur company. I also like being confused for some reason(?)
And maybe someday I'll see the 9 in you... I'm not giving up on that.

edit: autocorrect was totally messing with my slang. :mad:

haha...I friggen luv ur company. I also like being confused for some reason(?)
And maybe someday I'll see the 9 in you... I not giving up on that.

It all made sense to me when I initially retyped. I need to revisit Molina/Naranjo, I think, but they make everything sound so pathological. I liked your reasoning, btw, and it made a lot of sense, so I'm not giving up either!

Which means we might be working at cross purposes now.

Oh dear.

I'm going to go start another thread about myself now.

And I love your company, too, which is why I'm foisting myself on you. :happy2:

Starry

It all made sense to me when I initially retyped. I need to revisit Molina/Naranjo, I think, but they make everything sound so pathological. I liked your reasoning, btw, and it made a lot of sense, so I'm not giving up either!

Which means we might be working at cross purposes now.

Oh dear.

I'm going to go start another thread about myself now.

And I love your company, too, which is why I'm foisting myself on you. :happy2:

Well I'm off to look up the word 'foisting' in a grown-up dictionary...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We'll hold off on your transition to ESFJ until a later phase but for now...2w3

theplotthickens.jpg

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ginkgo...I'm really sorry but I'm gonna need you to be a 2. We'll hold off on your transition to ESFJ until a later phase but for now...2w3 is your...destination (<-could not think of a good word there haha so yah "Destiny.")

That's right [MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION] we're bros now :yays:

Shall we get matching sweater vests?

G

Ginkgo

I should say that I'm not necessarily convinced senza's a 4...but it makes more sense to me than 9. There's something off there to me...

That's right [MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION] we're bros now :yays:

Shall we get matching sweater vests?

Oh God. Starry wants me to disintegrate for her. But how could I possibly turn down the offer when Huxtable sweat vests are on the line? They're so tantalizing.

cosby2gif.gif

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]
that's the thing though. I've never had a weak identity, like, ever. not even when I was a teenager

11Maiden

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
1w9
You don't want to know how many people in RL call me an ESFJ-type since I went to a business office and told my bosses about "mbti" :dry:
If you ever had children, don't let them test out and ruin their own livelihoods over some stupid judgmental bullshitting keirsey :mad: "temperament sorter" exam! :doh:

Starry

that's the thing though. I've never had a weak identity, like, ever. not even when I was a teenager

Well, I wouldn't expect an (entranced) e9 to have...as part of their conscious experience... a sense of possessing a weak identity because that is the one thing that they have been hiding, compensating for, building-up...from their earliest history.

I remember the moments when it finally hit me...so very, very, very hard...that I was a 7. I mean, I was fairly certain at the time that I was a 6 and yet I kept being drawn to 7. Every time I completed another enneagram chapter on e6...there 7 would be...staring me down...laughing at me, pointing and talking behind my back to his friends (narcissistic asshole.) I was drawn in...only to be repelled though. No way was I perpetually storming into the future...barely scratching surfaces...distracting myself from pain...

But I'm really good at what I do. See it wasn't just me denying my deeply rooted fears...I mean we all are in denial about certain things that the people in our lives can see plain as day. <-Um no, a hazy form of denial wouldn't be "good enough" for me....a f---ing sx dom? No. I needed to absolutely convince myself... along with everyone that I had ever encountered and associated with...that I was deeply contemplative, emotionally present, and suffered quite profoundly right alongside the rest of humanity - hell I suffered more. Until that damn broke and I could suddenly see that everything I did was a distraction. My pain was a distraction from my pain (<-and thank god I turned out to be e7 and could put a positive spin on that experience because in truth...it was a real mind fuck.)

If our roles were currently reversed I would be typing to you right now..."the thing is Elfboy...is I've always been deep...emo like a poet." The paradox (wait paradox?)... The >>cool word of Greek origin<< in all of this...is in my effort to seem contemplative...I became contemplative. Do you understand?

I have never met a 9w8 sx/sp that I didn't feel had a strong identity or that I felt wasn't 'at one' with their id or instinctual nature. <-I don't think that you are there yet (just my personal opinion) but I believe you are on your way. Just because something is earned the hard way...or enters in through the back door...doesn't make it any less real...as long as its authentic.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you don't have to take my word for it. ask anyone who knows me well. even [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], who thinks I am a 9, cannot deny that I have a very strong identity.
but no, I'm not compensating for that

Edit:
however, my type aside
Just because something is earned the hard way...or enters in through the back door...doesn't make it any less real...as long as its authentic.
this is very true. I was far weaker as a child than in my present form (hell, I was a coward), but years of being beaten and discriminated against have tempered my will into the form you see today.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
even [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], who thinks I am a 9, cannot deny that I have a very strong identity.

Well yeah, I could say the same thing about my ISFP 9w1 friend. :shrug:

but no, I'm not compensating for that

Maybe, who knows? To be fair though, you talk about your personality wayyyy more than I do or other E7s on here. There's definitely something worth investigating there.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well yeah, I could say the same thing about my ISFP 9w1 friend. :shrug:
interesting

Maybe, who knows?
I do :)

To be fair though, you talk about your personality wayyyy more than I do or other E7s on here. There's definitely something worth investigating there.
and even more so than the 9s :tongue:
if anything, this would point to 4w3, not 9. 9s are humble, self-forgetting and seldom draw a lot of attention to themselves

also, if I'm 9, I'm 9w1, cuz I have a really strong 1 connection in there somewhere

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
and even more so than the 9s :tongue:
if anything, this would point to 4w3, not 9. 9s are humble, self-forgetting and seldom draw a lot of attention to themselves

Merrhh, I would not say this about my ex who was 9w8 (also sx/sp). Hell, he was an ISFJ too. He was concerned a lot with his image, making sure his identity would earn him success and respect. He was actually the "glue" of a group we had in high school. Actually now that I think about it he talks about himself in a similar way you talk about yourself. :blush: Different qualities were brought up but they'd be brought up and discussed similarly.

also, if I'm 9, I'm 9w1, cuz I have a really strong 1 connection in there somewhere

Where?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Merrhh, I would not say this about my ex who was 9w8 (also sx/sp). Hell, he was an ISFJ too. He was concerned a lot with his image, making sure his identity would earn him success and respect.
I'm neither concerned with my image nor aware of how to manipulate it in the first place (though this is 2 and 3, not 9. so this is neither a case for or against). what you see if what you get. period

He was actually the "glue" of a group we had in high school. Actually now that I think about it he talks about himself in a similar way you talk about yourself. :blush: Different qualities were brought up but they'd be brought up and discussed similarly.
I'm flattered :)

- I scold people all the time for immoral behavior
- I used to bitch about politics constantly (no young 9w8 is that opinionated)
- my values are the source of my strength
- I control my anger far better than 9w8 (and, subsequently, repress it less). 9s are more "bottle up and explode" especially 9w8.
- I am FAR more self-righteous than a 9w8 (even a 9w8 fixer).