• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

B

brainheart

this doesn't make a lot of sense. and he's not certainly a woman incarnated male. wth

Yeah, no shit. And NO WAY is he an INFP.

What's interesting to me about [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is that he argues like my husband, an ESFP. I see a lot of Se plus tertiary Te action going on. It's a 'here is the evidence and why would you disagree with concrete facts?' pov. Neither dominant nor auxiliary Ne do that. XNFPs will present evidence, but the evidence is often a springboard to new ideas and possibilities, not the end-all-be-all.

I could see ESFP 9w8.

Starry

I'm on board with [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] now.

I know he probably won't change his type...no, I know he definitely won't change his type. But I see [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] as ISFP 9w8 sx/sp. With the tritype as 9w8>7w6>4w3.

But I'm not gonna try to debate it. I'll provide reasons if asked to, but I don't need Elfboob to be accurately typed (according to my own opinion) since he'll be the same Elfboob either way. :)

i missed starrys post did sh type him isfp?

I'm curious.

What's interesting to me about [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is that he argues like my husband, an ESFP. I see a lot of Se plus tertiary Te action going on. It's a 'here is the evidence and why would you disagree with concrete facts?' pov. Neither dominant nor auxiliary Ne do that. XNFPs will present evidence, but the evidence is often a springboard to new ideas and possibilities, not the end-all-be-all.

I could see ESFP 9w8.

Oh whoops [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] I missed all of this... but I'm so glad I did as you explained it all so beautifully (I wasn't even remotely as evolved and thoughtful as you are when I was your age...and to this day still struggle to put my impressions into words. And yes, Im expressing envy.)

I was just talking to another member about this last night...and interestingly [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] makes reference to this same phenomenon in the 'INFP hater' thread... that there's this tendency when it comes to the 9w8...specifically the sx dom/Feeler ...to significantly identify with powerful or mystical characters. Hence, all the references to anime, Harry Potter, etc. And I actually dated an ISFP 9w8 sx/sp right out of high school that did this same thing. Not to the extent that I see in Elfboy...he never stated things outright like "I'm an aggressive, narcissistic male"...but omg did he love his characters...most recently Heath Ledger's Joker (this was also his costume for Halloween. And to each his own I say.)

^^None of this is specific to why I believe Elfboy is 9w8...but it's an interesting thing to take note of. While I do believe Elfboy has 7 in his tritype...I would put it last. I see him as primarily 9w8 & 4dw.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

Your absolutist claims don't hold that much weight in the real world.

I am basing this on a personality description, not something that I am making up in my head, and not on patterns that I have seen. The things that I have brought up are basically the bread and the butter of the 9w8 and what that personality's characteristics are. And Elfboy doesn't share these characteristics.

And I am done discussing this after reading this.

From Keys2Cognition...

Te - Extroverted Thinking
Contingency planning, scheduling, and quantifying utilize the process of extraverted Thinking. Extraverted Thinking helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on. At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively. Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process. In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone else’s logic, sequence, or organization. It also helps us notice when something is missing, like when someone says he or she is going to talk about four topics and talks about only three. In general, it allows us to compartmentalize many aspects of our lives so we can do what is necessary to accomplish our objectives.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how do you see yourself as 7 with an 8w7 fix and me as a 9 even though I'm several times more comfortable with confrontation than you are?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
This sentence brings back memories of Walter White.

Going back to your insult on me saying that he is posting things from a book, and therefore I am calling those FACTS, I'd like to state a counter-argument: The man is clearly using Te there, even though they are not be REAL "so-called" facts. He can't post REAL indisputable facts on this because the mbti and enneagram are theories, and can't be "so called" proven. However what he is doing is posting logical evidence for his points that most experts on the field agree on, therefore he is using Te.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could see ESFP 9w8.

I'm far too up in the clouds and not action oriented enough to be ESFP (it would be nice. I consider it a much more practical type than ENFP)

I think you see Se because I'm really Id

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
how do you see yourself as 7 with an 8w7 fix and me as a 9 even though I'm several times more comfortable with confrontation than you are?

I'm still contemplating 8/9 for myself.

And you don't seem that confrontational at all to me. :shrug: Yeah, you tell me a lot of stories about how you stood up to some idiots who were out being idiots but those were people that did not matter to you at all. On the other hand, you seem very calm and non-intimidating when challenging people that actually do reside within your mentally-defined environment.

And looking at the symptoms rather than the fear itself is kind of meaningless. Where do you see the fear of deprivation in you? I don't really see it at all, since you really don't seem to do much besides going to find potential SOs. Other than that you seem content in your own little world.

Also I really want to paste what [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] said on a certain member's page because I thought it was an interesting idea but I know that'd be wrong of me to do without asking. So I'm calling her back here to back me up on this haha.

I'm far too up in the clouds and not action oriented enough to be ESFP (it would be nice. I consider it a much more practical type than ENFP)

I'm really starting to doubt the "N = dreamy/up in the clouds" and "S = practical/action-oriented" idea. Se is more concrete and literal about what it perceives, but how it's dealt with seems more of like a T vs F judgment.

TBH, I'd actually view myself as more action-oriented than you. I agree you're more of a laid-back and "dreamy" person but I'd personally say that's E9>E7. ;) At least from my experience when I'm out in the world I'm constantly in action and pursuing new impulses. My friends often have a hard time keeping up with me because I'm constantly running back and forth between places because I don't want to miss out on the opportunities I have in front of me. On the other hand, you seem much more passive about whether or not you'll miss out on opportunities like these. And even if it is so/sx vs sx/sp, I'm sure [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] (who type as what you type as now) might be able to relate to what I'm saying right now on some level.

I think you see Se because I'm really Id

You don't seem as Id to me as you make yourself out to be imo. :unsure: And I think following one's Id doesn't really relate to Se at all.

Nicodemus

Going back to your insult on me saying that he is posting things from a book, and therefore I am calling those FACTS, I'd like to state a counter-argument: The man is clearly using Te there, even though they are not be REAL "so-called" facts. He can't post REAL indisputable facts on this because the mbti and enneagram are theories, and can't be "so called" proven. However what he is doing is posting logical evidence for his points that most experts on the field agree on, therefore he is using Te.
So...

A: Posting facts is using Te.
B: Because theories and facts do not mix, 'the man' cannot really post facts.
C: However, 'the man' does use 'logical evidence'.
D: Therefore, 'the man' is using Te.

By the way, there is, as you can see, no need to insult you. Simply reflecting your own words provides entertainment enough.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still contemplating 8/9 for myself.
And you don't seem that confrontational at all to me. :shrug: Yeah, you tell me a lot of stories about how you stood up to some idiots who were out being idiots but those were people that did not matter to you at all. On the other hand, you seem very calm and non-intimidating when challenging people that actually do reside within your mentally-defined environment.
never said I was confrontational (I'm not). I said I'm more comfortable with it when it comes to me.
the reason I seem calm in the face of conflict is because few people are enough of a problem to warrant a large use of energy. if you saw me back in high school, I was combative as hell and had several people wanting to kill me.

And looking at the symptoms rather than the fear itself is kind of meaningless. Where do you see the fear of deprivation in you? I don't really see it at all, since you really don't seem to do much besides going to find potential SOs. Other than that you seem content in your own little world.
no, it isn't. symptoms provide data. data can be used to draw deductive conclusions

Also I really want to paste what [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] said on a certain member's page because I thought it was an interesting idea but I know that'd be wrong of me to do without asking. So I'm calling her back here to back me up on this haha.
I'm really starting to doubt the "N = dreamy/up in the clouds" and "S = practical/action-oriented" idea. Se is more concrete and literal about what it perceives, but how it's dealt with seems more of like a T vs F judgment.
Se likes to interact with physical reality; Ne likes to interact with ideas.

TBH, I'd actually view myself as more action-oriented than you. I agree you're more of a laid-back and "dreamy" person but I'd personally say that's E9>E7. ;)
I thought you just said looking at the "symptoms" was meaningless :laugh:

At least from my experience when I'm out in the world I'm constantly in action and pursuing new impulses. My friends often have a hard time keeping up with me because I'm constantly running back and forth between places because I don't want to miss out on the opportunities I have in front of me. On the other hand, you seem much more passive about whether or not you'll miss out on opportunities like these. And even if it is so/sx vs sx/sp, I'm sure [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] (who type as what you type as now) might be able to relate to what I'm saying right now on some level.
well, you're also more mentally healthy than me. I've been a bit depressed for quite some time (even though it's not something I like to talk about a lot) and have a more jaded worldview than you do (though that's not saying a lot. most people would lol).

You don't seem as Id to me as you make yourself out to be imo. :unsure: And I think following one's Id doesn't really relate to Se at all.
I'm Id in a more introverted sort of way (which, to play devil's advocate for a second, is within the range of 9, though not exclusively)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
never said I was confrontational (I'm not).

There you go then. :shrug:

I said I'm more comfortable with it when it comes to me.

I wouldn't expect anything less of someone with an 8 wing.

the reason I seem calm in the face of conflict is because few people are enough of a problem to warrant a large use of energy. if you saw me back in high school, I was combative as hell and had several people wanting to kill me.

Well, I haven't seen you back in high school. This is all from my view. No one knows yourself better than you do, this is why I'm not trying to persuade you to change type. I'm just justifying my viewpoint.

Why were you combative in the first place would be a question worth asking though.

no, it isn't. symptoms provide data. data can be used to draw deductive conclusions

Of course data can be helpful, but if the fears don't match up with what you conclude something must be off. :unsure:

Se likes to interact with physical reality; Ne likes to interact with ideas.

I don't see what this has to do with practicality. Ne can have practical ideas just as much as Se can have impractical ideas about what it sees.

I remember you typed Light Yagami as INTJ and Misa Amane as ESFP. Light is an N, Misa is an S. But surely Light was way more practical than Misa. But I think it's because their primary judgment functions (T vs F) covered for more of the difference. Light made decisions based on strategy and efficiency while Misa made her decisions based more on her whims, impulses, etc. Misa's actions seemed a lot more governed by what was going on in her head than Light.

Also, I don't think Perception interacts with anything at all. It just takes in information. What's decided to interact with seems more like a Judgment than a Perception.

I thought you just said looking at the "symptoms" was meaningless :laugh:

Well you were giving me symptoms, so I provided my own counterexamples.

well, you're also more mentally healthy than me. I've been a bit depressed for quite some time (even though it's not something I like to talk about a lot) and have a more jaded worldview than you do (though that's not saying a lot. most people would lol).

Well, I'll concede that I'm probably more healthy and that comparing a healthy person to an unhealthy person won't yield much results. You got me there. But also I've never really seen that many opportunist qualities in you when you've talked about your past. I can recall a bunch of really weird and funny things, but not anything where you jumped into something for the sake of experience that'll somehow make you feel more fulfilled.

But maybe I just have to dig into your past more. :alttongue:

I'm Id in a more introverted sort of way (which, to play devil's advocate for a second, is within the range of 9, though not exclusively)

Agreed with both parts of the bold statement.

Starry

IAlso I really want to paste what [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] said on a certain member's page because I thought it was an interesting idea but I know that'd be wrong of me to do without asking. So I'm calling her back here to back me up on this haha.

Okay Chanaynay, now that I know what you're talking about let me see if I can recreate what I said in an easier to swallow pill...
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

One of the objections you've always had concerning an e9 typing for yourself... what you always throw back in my face whenever I've suggested e9 for you... is this notion you have of yourself as an aggressive, narcissistic, power-seeking individual that is primarily focused on acquisition of wealth... <-and it is this that stands as clear evidence for why you couldn't be the peaceful e9.

And it is true...most e9s avoid conflict and do whatever they can to maintain the peace...most often resorting to a strategy similar to the Three Wise Monkeys..."see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil." None of this is due to a fear of conflict or evil though...which is the part that I feel you are misunderstanding. e9s...feel they lack an identity...or that their identities are weak... and so they merge themselves with people and/or groups and subsequently find a sense of strength, purpose, protection, control, etc. They shield themselves with the identities of others and subsequently wish to maintain the harmony so that that system does not get disrupted. And so again...the fear is not conflict in and of itself...but rather conflicts tendency to lead to separation. Separation from that which provides an identity is what is feared.

But there is a clever kind of e9 which can afford to be as displeasing and disagreeable as they so well please because they haven't merged with anything tangible. For example, the motor-cycle riding ISTP 9w8 sx/sp ...what's that Jack Nicholson movie...? well, whatever... but this is an individual that has merged with an archetype. The lone wolf, rough rider... a concept larger than themselves...an identity that has a collective understanding. Other e9s merge with characters or traits that they admire and obtain strength from...(Elfboy)...and other e9s to specific functions...like "mediator" (we actually have an e9 on this site that I believe is very much attached to the role of 'mediator/peacemaker'...and while they have a strong personality and can be confrontational...this individual becomes upset when their efforts do not lead to harmonious understanding.)

e7 appears to embody many of the traits you appreciate...but here's the thing Elfboy... Yes, we're all a bunch of Narcissists...I'll give you that. But the key to Narcissism... is thinking so excessively of oneself that you convince yourself you're not. Basically, if you think you are a Narcissist...you're not one. <-And this has been my only issue with your in insistence on e7. There's already so much misinformation out there regarding e7... When you constantly paint the picture of the e7 Narcissist...no Narcissist is going to see themselves in that. :wink:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The old catch 22

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

The more you talk about e9, the more confused I get. :sadbanana: