• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

haha, idk :blush: I'm talking about projects and homework from class; I always get those done on time (at the last minute). when I have to start a research essay, first I'm bored, but after I finish I'm happy crossing it off. maybe this happens to everyone though

Sounds like the common or garden variety college student to me, tbh. But maybe a perceiverish student. :shrug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION]
I think you are an 8, possibly a Sexual 6. you come off much heavier/angrier than a 7, even 7w8

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you are an 8, possibly a Sexual 6. you come off much heavier/angrier than a 7, even 7w8

Are 8s and sx 6s the only heavy/angry types?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, but 7 is not one of them (many are angry, but they don't have heavy energy)

i know exactly what you mean...and it trips me out when people don't know what that is. like now i need to know if this is type related. and is it nf or is it sx??

badger055

Permabanned

First of all you don't know what you're talking about I saw you write that thread on 7s. You think sx 7s are moody and a bunch of other made up pseudo science. I don't fit into your personal definition of 7s so you are trying to change me to fit your theory.

Secondly a 7w8 ISTP is a completely different thing from a 7 ENFP. For example even katherine and david fauvre typed steve jobs as a 7w8. Does he seem like the happiest guy in the world to you? Is he dancing around like an ENFP 7 shooting rainbows out his ass? No of course not he's an asshole. Many descriptions call 7w8s bad boys. Some of the biggest assholes and criminals around are 7w8s. So you better get your facts right about 7w8s because you are way off.

I'm not even close to a 6 that is the farthest type from me. Just because you see someone aggressive doesn't mean you guys should go around typing them as 6s. I'm not an 8 I have no connection to 2. I'm not dominant like an 8 in real life. My 8 influence only comes out if I'm pushed I do not lead with it. If you want to see a real 8 go look at [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION].

L

LadyLazarus

All of you STFU!
[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION] is clearly a 2.

Seriously, am I the the only one who remembers that scene where he took in that sick monkey and nursed it back to health? Or that scene where he gently runs his fingers through that little boy's hair? What about the scene where he gives the plank of wood to the girl even though there's plenty of room for both of them on it and dies?

It all points to 2.

I swear I am the only one on this forum who reads the first sentence of the enneagram descriptions without bothering to read the rest.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For example even katherine and david fauvre typed steve jobs as a 7w8. Does he seem like the happiest guy in the world to you? Is he dancing around like an ENFP 7 shooting rainbows out his ass? No of course not he's an asshole.
you're putting words in my mouth. being an asshole/badboy doesn't mean you have heavier energy. and you're right, Steve Jobs was not a happy-go-lucky dancing ENFP, but I never said every 7 was (Sp 7s in particular are not like that at all), but he was far more cerebral than an 8.

I'm not even close to a 6 that is the farthest type from me. Just because you see someone aggressive doesn't mean you guys should go around typing them as 6s.
I'm not. it was my second suggestion, not my primary one. I've seen plenty of aggressive 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 6s, 7s and 8s (pretty much every type except 5 and 9 lol)

I'm not an 8 I have no connection to 2.
8s only have a connection to 2 when they're healthy :tongue:

I'm not dominant like an 8 in real life. My 8 influence only comes out if I'm pushed I do not lead with it.
what do you mean by "dominant"? my best friend is an 8w7 (INTJ) and he's a pretty egalitarian person most of the time (though he's always waiting for someone to cross the line, because he gets bored easily and loves a good conflict).

If you want to see a real 8 go look at @Azure Flame.
hahahaha
[MENTION=17816]Lady[/MENTION] X
it seems to be an NF thing in general (and somewhat of an SF thing). most INTPs and SJs look at me like I've crazy when I talk about "vibe", but it's so obviously there to me, I don't know what else to call it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=266]Lateralus[/MENTION]
I think you're an INTJ. your posts display much more Fi than I've seen in any ENTJ I can think of. also, you don't quite come across as a core 3 to me. I could buy 5w6, 1w9 or 6w5 for you.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Seriously, am I the the only one who remembers that scene where he took in that sick monkey and nursed it back to health? Or that scene where he gently runs his fingers through that little boy's hair? What about the scene where he gives the plank of wood to the girl even though there's plenty of room for both of them on it and dies?

And who could forget that time he taught those inner city kids to believe in themselves?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know exactly what you mean...and it trips me out when people don't know what that is. like now i need to know if this is type related. and is it nf or is it sx??

It's 7 I think. Especially 7w6. I feel like sx would lend itself to 'heavier' energy, and NF could go either way. 6, although it's a head type, kinda has this 'control' element much like 8. I think it's that drive for control fueled by fear that makes those two types feel so heavy. It's focused. 7's anger is more diffuse I think. Like general frustration at obstacles, defensive anger against constraints. When 7 is on offense, I think we're generally moving forward in a positive way. 6 and 8 both attempt to take control in an offensive way when angry or threatened. ...not sure if I'm making sense. But I have an idea if what I mean in my head lol.

badger055

Permabanned
I'm not. it was my second suggestion, not my primary one. I've seen plenty of aggressive 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 6s, 7s and 8s (pretty much every type except 5 and 9 lol)

No you haven't. You are horrible at typing. You would call a giraffe a dog if you could get away with it.

8s only have a connection to 2 when they're healthy :tongue:

I don't have a connection to 2 ever. Healthy or not. Not in my whole my life have I had a connection to 2.

what do you mean by "dominant"? my best friend is an 8w7 (INTJ) and he's a pretty egalitarian person most of the time (though he's always waiting for someone to cross the line, because he gets bored easily and loves a good conflict).
As in it's my default to not give a fuck 99% of the time. You know who else loves conflict? 7w8s. Could it be that I'm actually the type I say I am and you are wrong? Can your ego handle it?

Oh let me guess he is actually a 6 too?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just throwing these out there irresponsibly

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] 6w7 - you have 1ish qualities, but I don't think you're uptight enough to be a 1
[MENTION=20868]LadyLazarus[/MENTION] 3w4 - it's a small distinction, but ehhh it could work

L

LadyLazarus

Just throwing these out there
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] 6w7
[MENTION=20868]LadyLazarus[/MENTION] 3w4

Hmm interesting, why do you think I'm a 3 over a 4? Just out of curiosity.

I feel like I'm too self aware and aware of my facades to be 3, I've heard 3's actually believe the fronts they put up, to the point of not even realizing they are putting up a front. Of course, it could be a weird paradox sort of thing where I am lying to myself and tricking myself, so to speak, into thinking I am self aware.

There's also 3w4's being "colder" than 4w3's, who are much more expressive, which I think fits better as I am not cold in any way,shape, or form.

When it comes down to it though, I am obsessed with my own internal consistency/authenticity, I am admittedly paranoid about it. Whereas I think 3w4's are a bit more oriented towards success over authenticity, it would probably kill me in the end to have to change myself in any way in order to become successful, I probably couldn't take it for very long.

3w4's are complex and cool in my opinion, so I am rather flattered that you think I am one, I will look into it though, just to make sure I am not lying to myself or anything of that nature.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm interesting, why do you think I'm a 3 over a 4? Just out of curiosity.

I feel like I'm too self aware and aware of my facades to be 3, I've heard 3's actually believe the fronts they put up, to the point of not even realizing they are putting up a front. Of course, it could be a weird paradox sort of thing where I am lying to myself and tricking myself, so to speak, into thinking I am self aware.

I think you're talking about a common theme in the image triad, where we get confused between who is the real me, am I as self aware as I think I am, sort of thing. I do it too.

I think 3s have a general need to do more than what they are. I remember a post where you expressed a kind of shame for being lazy, like it had to do with your dad. I think you're really edgy in your self expression in a way that a 4 isn't? Though I guess 4s can be too. Anyway I guess it comes down to what you feel stronger about.