• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
also I have been thinking about it and I don't like the reasoning for isfj. again it goes by Si, because I used past experiences. but that's only because I'm forced to... I'm trying to see how I've been all my life. there's no other way to do that unless I recall past experience. and it seems fishy that it would make me si...
I have read about how Ni and Si share more commonalities than we think, but it has been a while. Can anyone word a comparison between them better than I can? What is the difference between ISFJ and INFJ, and how big is that difference? (I'm not into typing other people, but your post just brought something to mind that has interested me lately.)

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

I'm glad that you agree with my aforementioned posts.

In response to the ENTP 3 vibe, I have typed as ENTP and as a Type 3 once before, but I soon realized that I do not possess the character of the 3 in regards to the work ethic, desire for attention, and striving work ethic (though I do possess a fear of failure, but that is more akin to the failure of being defeated). If I were an ENTP (which, considering now that I have people lining up to tell me that I'm a Te-dom and the fact that I am a definite Ni user, is more doubtful), I would probably be an ENTP sx 4 due to the subsequent hot-cold desire for attention yet at the same time need for isolation and protective shadows (though it would be an interesting tangent, for Ne + 4's identity search would probably lead to balanced use of function attitudes).

Whoops sorry Alea I did not see this last night.
In a different time, thread and internet space I might have expressed an "omg no way you really used to type as ENTP 3?" But here I'll just say "of course you did." :wink:

You really are one of 'em 'ambiverts' aren't you?...which is so amazingly awesome. I see the INTJ 5 in you as well...and will keep an eye out for the ENTJ 8. 8 might be a bit of hard sell for me... I'm going to feel compelled to put you at 3w4 or 6w5...but like we were just sorta saying...it's the individual that will know what's best. And you really seem to know yourself very well.

Eh, is OrangeAppled, not going to be INFj in socionics? I'm pretty sure she is going to be.

omg chubber I don't even know. There were the I & E letters on what I was looking at for a split second...plus some % but my mind didn't get a chance to process it beyond 'something that kinda resembles binary code...' All that registered to me...possibly incorrectly was INFp. I searched that...and what I read looked like a slightly modified INFP description.

I have no idea what I did...but imagine most of your life playing out similar to the above and thank your lucky stars you're INTp

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], do you still suspect me of being a 7??

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no idea what I did...but imagine most of your life playing out similar to the above and thank your lucky stars you're INTp

Why do I have to thank? It just *is*.

Starry

Hey [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], do you still suspect me of being a 7??

A fair amount of enneagram theorists(?) believe that any MBTI can be any e-type (that any combination is possible.) <-I'm pretty sure at this point that I do not share this belief...based in part on my inability to get Ne (or Pe) dominance... in any kind of core relationship with e5... to make sense. No matter what I do...or how I look at it... I can't uncover a way a young Ne dom could/would develop the e5 core fears. I can totally see an adult Ne dom relating to e5 regardless of etype (although some of the hardest core theorists believe that the only place an Ne dom can end up is e7 which subsequently would increase the chances of an Ne dom relating to 5 anyway...umm?)...I personally can't get those two to match up even in theory. So you've automatically got that working against you.

Now, if I could choose one ENFP to be a 4w5...it would be you... but I think you're a 7w6 sx/sp. I think 7 is misunderstood... thought of as being breezy and superficial which is total bs. I think the reason 7 sx mistypes as 4 is because they use the same behaviors...just to alleviate different fears.

And because you intellectually remind me a bit of Mark Twain. :wink:
edit: I do believe in ENFP 4w3s in spite of thinking it's probably pretty rare comparatively...but I still think you are 7w6.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no, I actually used to go by the function theory and read all about it and researched it, followed it, etc. it's only now I've made the choice to go by letters instead. I had my reasoning for it laid out... the mbti types were created with the letters in mind, not functions. the functions just add another level in it. I mean people who go by the letters end up agreeing with their type anyway. there's nothing wrong with the mbti (it's a popular theory and has its own official test), although functions are another level deeper but were never meant to go with the types... pretty much separate theories, even if types were meant to follow functions

also I have been thinking about it and I don't like the reasoning for isfj. again it goes by Si, because I used past experiences. but that's only because I'm forced to... I'm trying to see how I've been all my life. there's no other way to do that unless I recall past experience. and it seems fishy that it would make me si...

Fair enough. Look, if you believe that INFJ is your type from the bottom of your heart, I'm not going to argue with you. The only reason I suggested otherwise is because you seemed to be seeking help. I'm sure other people at this forum will disagree with you, but ultimately, you will know yourself better than anyone else. Just be honest with yourself, I suppose. Truth is the ultimate pinnacle a person can reach, even if truth doesn't always reflect what they wanted.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Fair enough. Look, if you believe that INFJ is your type from the bottom of your heart, I'm not going to argue with you. The only reason I suggested otherwise is because you seemed to be seeking help. I'm sure other people at this forum will disagree with you, but ultimately, you will know yourself better than anyone else. Just be honest with yourself, I suppose. Truth is the ultimate pinnacle a person can reach, even if truth doesn't always reflect what they wanted.
what... no... all I wanted to know was if I was a j or p, omg :alttongue: sorry. I do need help

http://www.veterinaryteambrief.com/mbti/judging-or-perceiving
I looked at that link you gave me and I'm still not sure... here's the thing... I don't really need or like structure. I hate being confined to a single routine at times, and yet other times I love it. reasons I hate it would be boring (when I'm having those days), but other times I love schedules and planners because they keep me focused and on task. whenever I actually make a plan for myself, with times and all, I like following it and being productive. but most of the time I would say I don't care for structure? I'm very indecisive (as you can tell), but I heard that's an enneagram 9 thing too. so I guess I deal with my outer world by taking information in, and not by making decisions. or do I? lol. oh and too much information is boring, once I have enough it makes enough sense to get started on something. moving on, I rarely start projects without finishing them. you mean like school projects, right? well, no I don't remember actually leaving projects hanging.
how I approach tasks... this is unique to me, I think. I hate starting tasks because of the sheer pain I go through to do it. like, going on a comic assignment for example. I have to read the instructions a couple of times so I clearly understand them (boring), then I have to pick how I'm going to start (hard), and then I guess I go? I do like to have some sort of mental map in my head, I think. it's easier that way. anyway that's why I just hate starting things and never do it... ugh! I love to finish things though. like on my agenda I like crossing things off because then they just aren't there anymore. also, I find that while starting things is boring, once I get into it I become ok.
I am open to trying many new things, though. I would love to eat all kinds of neat foods, or rollercoasters, or books, or anything else like that. I am curious because I prefer to understand theory in class and all of that. I'm also flexible and adaptable, like I will adapt to a new environment. I don't really freak out. also, I am kind of late to things. I don't know...

I guess I like to control my environment, but it's so conflicting because I might like a schedule but also hate being confined to one :shock: is that even normal?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION], the link I sent you sucks. There are better resources.

I think you should look into ISFP.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They're not masks. I'm an Ne-dom - seeing things from different angles is what I do. Different povs on a subject or in a situation are equally valid to me, and it enriches my own pov to try them on and gain insight in them. Why *wouldn't* I seek those insights? I assimilate from those povs that I try on the things that resonate with me, make sense to me (Fi, anyone?), and employ them when they are called for to better navigate the world (Te?). I know that if I just accommodate my family by using Fe, I have way fewer fights with them - to me, Fe at that point is just a tool to help me communicate my pov in a non-offensive (to them) way since Fi sets them off.

My main motivation in life is to bridge all communication gaps as they are the root of most misunderstandings and suffering between people and hell, even between people and other species. I enjoy seeing someone else's pov, seeing how it makes sense to them and why it is beneficial to them in life. That's all.

Yikes. I hate to say this, for all the obvious reasons, but this somehow makes me think (DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY, THIS IS INTJ PARANOIA ON PARADE) that your acceptance of INTJs and knowing how they tick is merely a parlor trick or a "check the square - I know how to pull the wool over *their* eyes" (as the old joke goes, "Sincerity is the key. Once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made.")

Closing up in the shell and battening down the hatches until further notice.

...only the pilot light indicating the autoaware status of the self-defense INTJ laser in reflexive hunt-and-kill mode betrays any sign of life. All else goes dark. Waiting.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

[MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION]

Haha, all that and you're still going to claim INFJ?

:happy:

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love to finish things though. like on my agenda I like crossing things off because then they just aren't there anymore. also, I find that while starting things is boring, once I get into it I become ok.

Are you taking apprentices? Starting things is easy, but I leave a trail of half-finished projects wherever I go. Even when I finish something, there's a niggling sense that I could've done it better or chosen different options.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Are you taking apprentices? Starting things is easy, but I leave a trail of half-finished projects wherever I go. Even when I finish something, there's a niggling sense that I could've done it better or chosen different options.
haha, idk :blush: I'm talking about projects and homework from class; I always get those done on time (at the last minute). when I have to start a research essay, first I'm bored, but after I finish I'm happy crossing it off. maybe this happens to everyone though