• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISFJ. SiFe in MBTI/Jungian theory.
did you read the rest of what I wrote and still think j over p? and why did my j go away? I am wondering now if I am just an adaptable p

isfj's are supposed to want to fit in? :shock: in 3rd grade one guy tried to form a groupie and make everyone give him his lunch or they would be excluded from the 'group' and he would bully them. that's the less than dramatic summary of it anyway. so everyone gave him their lunch because they feared him. at first I gave him only pieces of my lunch and then I got annoyed that he kept on taking it, so I was the first to stand ground and not give him lunch. of course he excluded me from the group and bullied me, but I dealt with it... I'm independent like that

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
did you read the rest of what I wrote and still think j over p? and why did my j go away? I am wondering now if I am just an adaptable p

isfj's are supposed to want to fit in? :shock: in 3rd grade one guy tried to form a groupie and make everyone give him his lunch or they would be excluded from the 'group' and he would bully them. that's the less than dramatic summary of it anyway. so everyone gave him their lunch because they feared him. at first I gave him only pieces of my lunch and then I got annoyed that he kept on taking it, so I was the first to stand ground and not give him lunch. of course he excluded me from the group and bullied me, but I dealt with it... I'm independent like that

I edited my post.

You continue to strike me as a Si-dom. ISxJ e9s seem more Pish on the surface in terms of behavior. What you describe sounds e9ish in general.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I edited my post.

You continue to strike me as a Si-dom. ISxJ e9s seem more Pish on the surface in terms of behavior. What you describe sounds e9ish in general.
don't isfj's want to fit in and be part of a community? would isfj's have rebelled with classmates like that... I mean I hate being bossed around and if I feel I'm being taken advantage of, hold up! :blush:

Alea_iacta_est

On a standpoint of the 4 humors, I would say that [MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] is more phlegmatic (IxxP) than melancholic (IxxJ) from the way he communicates (his writing voice is more lackadaisical, more relaxed, uncharacteristic of the rigidity and somewhat dry signature of melancholic types.)

I change my stand to IxFP, though I don't see any evidence for Ne, meaning that ISFP would be more probable. I don't particularly see Si at all (unless I missed a post somewhere), nor do I see it valued.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
don't isfj's want to fit in and be part of a community? would isfj's have rebelled with classmates like that... I mean I hate being bossed around and if I feel I'm being taken advantage of, hold up! :blush:

Those are stereotypes. Many types do the same thing for different reasons & sometimes the same reasons but from different mentalities still.
Get past the Keirsey-ian stereotypes. There is a ton of info out there...keep reading & try to see the main ideas (most descriptions are written by Ns & should not be taken too literally).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On a standpoint of the 4 humors, I would say that [MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] is more phlegmatic (IxxP) than melancholic (IxxJ) from the way he communicates (his writing voice is more lackadaisical, more relaxed, uncharacteristic of the rigidity and somewhat dry signature of melancholic types.)

I change my stand to IxFP, though I don't see any evidence for Ne, meaning that ISFP would be more probable. I don't particularly see Si at all (unless I missed a post somewhere), nor do I see it valued.

If you're talking socionics, then who knows... It doesn't define functions the same as Jungian theory.

I see loads of Si. Everything is gauged in terms of this person's subjective impressions of reality - what a P looks like according to their accumulated info on it, compared to how this person experienced themself in a literal situation.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]

Wasn't using Socionics, though there is a translation from that to this. (ExxP = Sanguine, ExxJ = Choleric, IxxJ = Melancholic, IxxP = Phlegmatic).

I don't see any specific evidence however that directly states Si, I do see some possible utilization of Je however, which would indicate Pi in the ego block as well if that is, in fact, Je use. All I see is a recollection of past events (and without any proper utilization through a Je function from what I've seen), I don't see any evidence currently that clearly defines subjective recollection, though I do see a literal representation of the past (this is what I did, juxtaposing this is what it seemed like I did).

We also can't exclude Ne/Si axis perception through Aux/Tert mechanism at this present time I do not believe.

Last edited:

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp

agree with you :) I would never call myself melancholic. probably phlegmatic, got sanguine-melancholic on a test though. are ISFJ's melancholic, or does that only apply to thinking judgers...

If you're talking socionics, then who knows... It doesn't define functions the same as Jungian theory.

I see loads of Si. Everything is gauged in terms of this person's subjective impressions of reality - what a P looks like according to their accumulated info on it, compared to how this person experienced themself in a literal situation.
I've heard of it before, I don't think it's socionics? melancholic is supposed to be serious, sad, longing kind of facial expression whereas phlegmatic is relaxed and thoughtful

oh, but that is functions again... :unsure: I agree with what you said though... could someone tell me the main difference between xxFP types and xxFJ types? like their communication styles and everything.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Wasn't using Socionics, though there is a translation from that to this. (ExxP = Sanguine, ExxJ = Choleric, IxxJ = Melancholic, IxxP = Phlegmatic).

I don't see any specific evidence however that directly states Si, I do see some possible utilization of Je however, which would indicate Pi in the ego block as well if that is, in fact, Je use. All I see is a recollection of past events (and without any proper utilization through a Je function from what I've seen), I don't see any evidence currently that clearly defines subjective recollection, though I do see a literal representation of the past (this is what I did, juxtaposing this is what it seemed like I did).

We also can't exclude Ne/Si axis perception through Aux/Tert mechanism at this present time I do not believe.

You're using socionics terms. The 4 classic temperaments is an entirely different theory; it's being force-fit to Jungian types, and IMO, doesn't work with it. Jung tore up previous personality theories & explained why they were going about it wrong. Good arguments there, too.

I see no evidence of Fi-dom here & plenty of Si. Of course the person states their subjective impression as reality - every type does that. Their preferred function is their lens for reality; ie. for a Fi-dom, it's not merely "personal values", it's knowing innate human nature through the self. The whole point is, when asked to discuss their identity (sorry [MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] - are you man or woman?), the person goes to incidences of their past described in terms of behaviors & tangible data, & then compares them to stored impressions of what a category "should look like" based on what they've read. It has Si all over it.

do you think you could tell me the main difference between xxFP types and xxFJ types? like maybe their interaction styles and everything.

The main difference between xxFPs & xxFJs is using Fi or Fe & using Pe or Pi. The rest depends on the individual type. There is a lot of info out there for you to research yourself.

Alea_iacta_est

You're using socionics terms. The 4 classic temperaments is an entirely different theory; it's being force-fit to Jungian types, and IMO, doesn't work with it. Jung tore up previous personality theories & explained why they were going about it wrong. Good arguments there, too.

I see no evidence of Fi-dom here & plenty of Si. Of course the person states their subjective impression as reality - every type does that. Their preferred function is their lens for reality; ie. for a Fi-dom, it's not merely "personal values", it's knowing innate human nature through the self. The whole point is, when asked to discuss their identity (sorry [MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] - are you man or woman?), the person goes to incidences of their past described in terms of behaviors & tangible data, & then compares them to stored impressions of what a category "should look like" based on what they've read. It has Si all over it.

The main difference between xxFPs & xxFJs is using Fi or Fe & using Pe or Pi. The rest depends on the individual type. There is a lot of info out there for you to research yourself.

I concede then, thank you for your explanation. The Four Temperaments, however, are not inherent of Socionics, though Socionics does have similar dichotomies with their own (Ixxj, Ixxp, Exxp, Exxj).

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've already done research and am still confused, especially because IxFJ and IxFP are both introverts. I don't know how the Fe would apply, and wonder if they are talking about ExFJ's... so that's why I looked up the communication styles you know? xxFJs and xxFPs. so far the ways they deal with conflict sound really, really similar... or they overlap with each other...

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
so far you have been very convincing. I forgot that enneagram 9 would make someone a mixture of j and p! I just have one final question

SJ's are supposed to be the type that does well in school and everything like that. so is it possible to be an isfj and also dislike procedures like labs, have a hard time paying attention to class (like maybe falling asleep during a video presentation), and not be the best at following directions? and also be open to new experiences?

oh sorry I forgot, I'm a guy

Starry

Certainly not. He may be lacking in many respects, but he has taste.

I followed these quotes back...for the sole reason of finding out who had sophisticated taste. *sigh*

Suit yourself, I will retract my claim then. Though I will still ponder the situation in the back of my mind for the next few hours probably to see if there is anything I'm missing, for I sincerely believe you to be an INFJ, but at the same time, I realize that I am not the authority of your own personality.

I agree with all of what you say above [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] (wow underscores... ) most notably...that [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] is INFJ. He's also expecting this post as I’ve already mentioned it to him (?)

I notice this with 3 & 9 as well but especially 6... 6w5 is one of those known *Ambivert-y* spots on the enneagram …so I/E lines are a bit blurry, yes…but they also appear to make an actual/measurable… more balanced ‘use’ of the functions <-and from what you have said I imagine it is this same phenomenon that gives me an ENTP e3ish vibe from you.

These individuals are often bombarded with people wishing to retype them. And the internal experience of it all can also seem a little transient at times causing the individual to question as well. In my mind NaDs is a very straight-forward INFJ…still, I feel it would make an equal amount of sense if NaDs changed his MBTI and avatars together on the same schedule.

Actually, on this I'm very much open to suggestions, being new to socionics. So far people seem to consider me IEI, EIE, and oddly, INTJs in particular scream at me to be IEE so far...you know, the way that they do when they get all annoyed and stuff about you being wrong and them being right? :ninja:

If you're talking socionics, then who knows...

I actually just took this test...and somehow managed to close out the results window just as I was starting to view them. But I'm pretty sure it said I'm an INFp <-Their description didn't resonate with me at all but I'm nearly 100% certain that was the result it gave me.

So here I come e4 and my new best friend OrangeAppled.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJ. SiFe in MBTI/Jungian theory.

Review Van Der Hoop's descriptions of Si & Fi - less dense than Jung's.
Your description of your childhood self in another post sounds Si-dom.

I was thinking about [MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] today while at work, and I started to think perhaps ISFP or ISFJ rather than INFP/J.

I'm not saying sensors aren't interested in the functions, but the flat out refusal to delve into that theory struck me as slightly out-of-character for an iNtuitive. I'm not at all trying to say Sensors are shallow in that regard, but it reminded me a bit of when I've tried to discuss the functions with my ISFP wife and my ISFJ mother. Both are very fascinated in MBTI types--to an extent--they have little patience for the functions, and I think that, quite frankly, they don't want to be bothered with learning about functions that can't even be proven to exist.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Thanks [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION].

I don't know why I let myself get so confused here.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
oh! I do have a question now (anyone feel free to answer). how would you differentiate between an xxfp and an xxfj? what are the main differences and tell tale signs when they interact with others?

personally p is starting to make a lot more sense for me. I could have been influenced by my ESFJ mom who panics if we aren't at least 10 minutes early to stuff :blush: by nature I've always been flexible and adaptable, and I'm wondering if my organization (it was all purely physical) was for the aesthetics, not because I needed it? I remember hating to use calendars and I don't really remember planning things in advance. I bring check lists to the grocery store so I don't forget what items to get and like to check them off, but I also end up buying new things along the way... I also showed up to my middle school graduation in shorts and a t shirt when everyone else wore suits (that did not end well). I had trouble showing my work on math tests in a step by step fashion. oh and I would not be task focused in class, although its possible for me to be!

if I could still like be a j though, let me know too. I'm in no rush :p
anyway honestly going to have to say no thank you to the cognitive functions! if you really want to know though, most people irl have told me I am an Fi dominant, but that's already confusing haha... see there's another person who confused me for a thinker. I also confused myself for a thinker at first, but now it's pretty obvious that I'm a feeler with the values and appreciation and all that. I'm pretty sure the letters are supposed to match up with the cognitive functions too right?

I could buy isfp 9w8. Especially 9. Your thinking seems very fuzzy and meandering (Not to be mean, just trying to give you my honest impression).

I think you just need to dig a little deeper, read a little more, and strain your brain. You'll get there, when I first showed up here I was still relying on the crappy online profiles and Keirsey books. Learn the functions inside and out. :)

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

I'm glad that you agree with my aforementioned posts.

In response to the ENTP 3 vibe, I have typed as ENTP and as a Type 3 once before, but I soon realized that I do not possess the character of the 3 in regards to the work ethic, desire for attention, and striving work ethic (though I do possess a fear of failure, but that is more akin to the failure of being defeated). If I were an ENTP (which, considering now that I have people lining up to tell me that I'm a Te-dom and the fact that I am a definite Ni user, is more doubtful), I would probably be an ENTP sx 4 due to the subsequent hot-cold desire for attention yet at the same time need for isolation and protective shadows (though it would be an interesting tangent, for Ne + 4's identity search would probably lead to balanced use of function attitudes).

Starry

Thanks [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION].

I don't know why I let myself get so confused here.

I don't know why I just wrote "I'm pretty" instead of "I'm pretty sure..." umm (I want so badly to have taste...and thank you for not quoting me.)

I've only seen one (one, singular) eNFJ that understood all of this about himself. Everyone else...and I've seen a few now...has done the exact same thing. It is confusing. And as I think you know I also had my sister typed as an ENFP so...

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually just took this test...and somehow managed to close out the results window just as I was starting to view them. But I'm pretty sure it said I'm an INFp <-Their description didn't resonate with me at all but I'm nearly 100% certain that was the result it gave me.

So here I come e4 and my new best friend OrangeAppled.

Eh, is OrangeAppled, not going to be INFj in socionics? I'm pretty sure she is going to be.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was thinking about [MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] today while at work, and I started to think perhaps ISFP or ISFJ rather than INFP/J.

I'm not saying sensors aren't interested in the functions, but the flat out refusal to delve into that theory struck me as slightly out-of-character for an iNtuitive. I'm not at all trying to say Sensors are shallow in that regard, but it reminded me a bit of when I've tried to discuss the functions with my ISFP wife and my ISFJ mother. Both are very fascinated in MBTI types--to an extent--they have little patience for the functions, and I think that, quite frankly, they don't want to be bothered with learning about functions that can't even be proven to exist.
no, I actually used to go by the function theory and read all about it and researched it, followed it, etc. it's only now I've made the choice to go by letters instead. I had my reasoning for it laid out... the mbti types were created with the letters in mind, not functions. the functions just add another level in it. I mean people who go by the letters end up agreeing with their type anyway. there's nothing wrong with the mbti (it's a popular theory and has its own official test), although functions are another level deeper but were never meant to go with the types... pretty much separate theories, even if types were meant to follow functions

also I have been thinking about it and I don't like the reasoning for isfj. again it goes by Si, because I used past experiences. but that's only because I'm forced to... I'm trying to see how I've been all my life. there's no other way to do that unless I recall past experience. and it seems fishy that it would make me si...