• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

G

Glycerine

[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]: You always seemed ENFP to me. You're nice and relatable which does =/=ENFJ by any means. [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION]: No............... my world just shattered. I could always relate to your non-stereotypical view of Fe. I am still sold on 3w4 for myself with a relatively strong 5w6 emphasis. @juice: is another non-stereotypical ENFJ.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION]. take the cog. functions test anyway. Simply try your hardest to answer as honestly as possible. Answer to reflect how you really are, not how you idealize yourself to be. If you can't do it honestly, get someone close to you to help you answer--someone who knows you very well--assuming you don't mind them taking part in something so personal. It's important the person answers as objectively as possible and not worry about bruising your ego. Everyone has qualities about themselves they aren't proud of, but recognizing those qualities rather than trying to ignore them is one of the healthiest ways to grow as an individual.

Document those results, either in a personal log, or in your signature, if you don't mind sharing them with others. As you take other MBTI based tests, you can compare the results with those of the cog. functions test. Also you can compare others' observations (namely people trying to help type you at this forum). The more you learn about typology systems and function theory, the better you will become at objectively looking at yourself rather than only seeing some ideal version of yourself. I said function theory isn't for everyone, but I would at least try to gain a basic understanding of the eight functions, otherwise you will be lost here, because just about everyone in this community discusses them at length (although some have an understanding that is shaky at best).

Don't be in a hurry--take your time. If you're really serious about learning your type, this could take weeks, months, even years, but better to take longer to find your true type than to hastily mistype yourself for instant gratification. Some of us come her to learn our type because we value identity, others because we value truth. It doesn't matter--both are valid reasons.

Remember, there are always folks at sites like this willing to discuss these subjects with you, so don't be afraid to drop in for advice, to vent about life, or just to shoot the shit. The more that people interact with you, the easier it will be for them to help you discover your best fit type.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think [MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION] is an ESTP 3w4.

L

LadyLazarus

Ooh someone do me please! Not like that you sack of perverts.

*Patiently waits to be ignored*:dry:

S

Stansmith

Ooh someone do me please! Not like that you sack of perverts.

*Patiently waits to be ignored*:dry:

Myers-Briggs ISFP, and maybe Socionics INFp (or ISFj), which is perhaps what's leading to the confusion. INFp seems to work for some ISFP 4s (E4s in general, really)..

L

LadyLazarus

Myers-Briggs ISFP, and maybe Socionics INFp (or perhaps even ISFj), which is perhaps what's leading to the confusion. INFp seems to work for some ISFP 4s (E4s in general, really)..

Yes that would make sense.

J's in socionics are P's in Myers-Briggs and vice-versa, correct?

Thanks.:)

S

Stansmith

Yes that would make sense.

J's in socionics are P's in Myers-Briggs and vice-versa, correct?

Thanks.:)

Its a bit more complicated than that...it's better to treat them as separate systems. A lot of the functions are defined a bit differently, so what generally passes as a certain type in myers-Briggs could fall under 2 or more types in Socionics; for example, one INFP might relate to the INFp description, while another INFP might relate to the INFj description depending on their behavior, motivations, approach to relationships, etc.

L

LadyLazarus

Its a bit more complicated than that...it's better to treat them as separate systems. A lot of the functions are defined a bit differently, so what generally passes as a certain type in myers-Briggs could fall under 2 or more types in Socionics; for example, one INFP might relate to the INFp description, while another INFP might relate to the INFj description depending on their behavior, motivations, approach to relationships, etc.

Aaah ok got it, so is it ok to go off the descriptions for socionics, or is it better to go off functions as well?

S

Stansmith

Aaah ok got it, so is it ok to go off the descriptions for socionics, or is it better to go off functions as well?

While I'm no authority on this, I'd say both are useful (as well as learning about the different function blocks, and the role each of the functions can potentially play within them depending on where they're positioned)...although it would maybe be easier to start with the descriptions since they go in depth into how each individual type approaches the 8 functions. You can start here if you want. :)

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/
http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ESI-ISFj/
http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SEI-ISFp/

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION]. take the cog. functions test anyway. Simply try your hardest to answer as honestly as possible. Answer to reflect how you really are, not how you idealize yourself to be. If you can't do it honestly, get someone close to you to help you answer--someone who knows you very well--assuming you don't mind them taking part in something so personal. It's important the person answers as objectively as possible and not worry about bruising your ego. Everyone has qualities about themselves they aren't proud of, but recognizing those qualities rather than trying to ignore them is one of the healthiest ways to grow as an individual.

Document those results, either in a personal log, or in your signature, if you don't mind sharing them with others. As you take other MBTI based tests, you can compare the results with those of the cog. functions test. Also you can compare others' observations (namely people trying to help type you at this forum). The more you learn about typology systems and function theory, the better you will become at objectively looking at yourself rather than only seeing some ideal version of yourself. I said function theory isn't for everyone, but I would at least try to gain a basic understanding of the eight functions, otherwise you will be lost here, because just about everyone in this community discusses them at length (although some have an understanding that is shaky at best).

Don't be in a hurry--take your time. If you're really serious about learning your type, this could take weeks, months, even years, but better to take longer to find your true type than to hastily mistype yourself for instant gratification. Some of us come her to learn our type because we value identity, others because we value truth. It doesn't matter--both are valid reasons.

Remember, there are always folks at sites like this willing to discuss these subjects with you, so don't be afraid to drop in for advice, to vent about life, or just to shoot the shit. The more that people interact with you, the easier it will be for them to help you discover your best fit type.
oh! I do have a question now (anyone feel free to answer). how would you differentiate between an xxfp and an xxfj? what are the main differences and tell tale signs when they interact with others?

personally p is starting to make a lot more sense for me. I could have been influenced by my ESFJ mom who panics if we aren't at least 10 minutes early to stuff :blush: by nature I've always been flexible and adaptable, and I'm wondering if my organization (it was all purely physical) was for the aesthetics, not because I needed it? I remember hating to use calendars and I don't really remember planning things in advance. I bring check lists to the grocery store so I don't forget what items to get and like to check them off, but I also end up buying new things along the way... I also showed up to my middle school graduation in shorts and a t shirt when everyone else wore suits (that did not end well). I had trouble showing my work on math tests in a step by step fashion. oh and I would not be task focused in class, although its possible for me to be!

if I could still like be a j though, let me know too. I'm in no rush :p
anyway honestly going to have to say no thank you to the cognitive functions! if you really want to know though, most people irl have told me I am an Fi dominant, but that's already confusing haha... see there's another person who confused me for a thinker. I also confused myself for a thinker at first, but now it's pretty obvious that I'm a feeler with the values and appreciation and all that. I'm pretty sure the letters are supposed to match up with the cognitive functions too right?

L

LadyLazarus

While I'm no authority on this, I'd say both are useful (as well as learning about the different function blocks, and the role each of the functions can potentially play within them depending on where they're positioned)...although it would maybe be easier to start with the descriptions since they go in depth into how each individual type approaches the 8 functions. You can start here if you want. :)

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/
http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ESI-ISFj/
http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SEI-ISFp/

Thanks!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh! I do have a question now (anyone feel free to answer). how would you differentiate between an xxfp and an xxfj? what are the main differences and tell tale signs when they interact with others?

personally p is starting to make a lot more sense for me. I could have been influenced by my ESFJ mom who panics if we aren't at least 10 minutes early to stuff :blush: by nature I've always been flexible and adaptable, and I'm wondering if my organization (it was all purely physical) was for the aesthetics, not because I needed it? I remember hating to use calendars and I don't really remember planning things in advance. I bring check lists to the grocery store so I don't forget what items to get and like to check them off, but I also end up buying new things along the way... I also showed up to my middle school graduation in shorts and a t shirt when everyone else wore suits (that did not end well). I had trouble showing my work on math tests in a step by step fashion. oh and I would not be task focused in class, although its possible for me to be!

if I could still like be a j though, let me know too. I'm in no rush :p
anyway honestly going to have to say no thank you to the cognitive functions! if you really want to know though, most people irl have told me I am an Fi dominant, but that's already confusing haha... see there's another person who confused me for a thinker. I also confused myself for a thinker at first, but now it's pretty obvious that I'm a feeler with the values and appreciation and all that. I'm pretty sure the letters are supposed to match up with the cognitive functions too right?

http://www.veterinaryteambrief.com/mbti/judging-or-perceiving

a somewhat oversimplified summary. There are certainly better descriptions, and someone else here could probably sum it up better. I'd go into depth but I have to leave for work.

If you're Fi dom, look into ISFP and INFP, if you didn't already.

G

garbage

[MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION]: No............... my world just shattered. I could always relate to your non-stereotypical view of Fe. I am still sold on 3w4 for myself with a relatively strong 5w6 emphasis. @juice: is another non-stereotypical ENFJ.
Hell, I'm still waiting for a stereotypical ENFJ to show up. They may not actually exist, though, given that a shoddy definition of "stereotypical ENFJ" that's been mashed into everyone's brains.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hell, I'm still waiting for a stereotypical ENFJ to show up. They may not actually exist, though, given that a shoddy definition of "stereotypical ENFJ" that's been mashed into everyone's brains.

Well, there's this. See where the wind takes us I guess. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFp works.

Actually, on this I'm very much open to suggestions, being new to socionics. So far people seem to consider me IEI, EIE, and oddly, INTJs in particular scream at me to be IEE so far...you know, the way that they do when they get all annoyed and stuff about you being wrong and them being right? :ninja:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yup, definitely the standard dichotomy for me! I just don't like the cognitive functions, and I have less than 0 self awareness (I blame it on enneagram + age)

so, I was like a j when younger and a p now. like, before I would always plan everything, pack my bag for school the night before, practice things, study, not procrastinate. now I procrastinate, do things at the last minute, wait until the deadline, and am usually relaxed. could it be that I was always a p and just acted as a j because of pressure or something? I still use an agenda though for like school, but who doesn't?
oh I was always a flexible and adaptable person though, I would say

ISFJ. SiFe in MBTI/Jungian theory.

Review Van Der Hoop's descriptions of Si & Fi - less dense than Jung's.
Your description of your childhood self in another post sounds Si-dom.