• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What motivates you to put on these masks?

They're not masks. I'm an Ne-dom - seeing things from different angles is what I do. Different povs on a subject or in a situation are equally valid to me, and it enriches my own pov to try them on and gain insight in them. Why *wouldn't* I seek those insights? I assimilate from those povs that I try on the things that resonate with me, make sense to me (Fi, anyone?), and employ them when they are called for to better navigate the world (Te?). I know that if I just accommodate my family by using Fe, I have way fewer fights with them - to me, Fe at that point is just a tool to help me communicate my pov in a non-offensive (to them) way since Fi sets them off.

My main motivation in life is to bridge all communication gaps as they are the root of most misunderstandings and suffering between people and hell, even between people and other species. I enjoy seeing someone else's pov, seeing how it makes sense to them and why it is beneficial to them in life. That's all.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm missing INFP from my personal collection :irked:

I do, however, have all of the NT types under my belt.

:D

Yeah, I only got ENTJ just *once*. Some newb who ran into me when I was having a...atypically impatient and pissed off day. Don't think Id ever be able to be mistaken for an NT for real though.

I remember you going through all those types, yeah...you're not an easy one to type, for sure.

Alea_iacta_est

[Witch] Fe as critical parent is supporting Fi as good parent. ExFP's parent others with personal or universal humane values. If a group or people in a group are violating these, then the person will begin using external set values to parent the people in a critical fashion (including blaming).

[Auxillary] Fe (IxFJ): Instructing others on group ethics or values

[Auxillary] Fi (ExFP): Teaching others by one's own personal relation to situations

[Witch] Fi as critical parent: The person parents others with externally set humane values. If this is ignored, a negative internal humane judgment system will erupt to sharply put down the offender.

For a dom. N, the persona carries an air of knowing the meanings behind things. Vulnerability is being stuck with only what is tangible.

For a dom. F, the persona carries an air of humane stature. Vulnerability is losing that, and feeling cold and inhuman. When this happens, then they will turn to a cold, technical perspective.

Any thoughts on this?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're not masks. I'm an Ne-dom - seeing things from different angles is what I do. Different povs on a subject or in a situation are equally valid to me, and it enriches my own pov to try them on and gain insight in them. Why *wouldn't* I seek those insights? I assimilate from those povs that I try on the things that resonate with me, make sense to me (Fi, anyone?), and employ them when they are called for to better navigate the world (Te?). I know that if I just accommodate my family by using Fe, I have way fewer fights with them - to me, Fe at that point is just a tool to help me communicate my pov in a non-offensive (to them) way since Fi sets them off.

My main motivation in life is to bridge all communication gaps as they are the root of most misunderstandings and suffering between people and hell, even between people and other species. I enjoy seeing someone else's pov, seeing how it makes sense to them and why it is beneficial to them in life. That's all.

Being interested in someone else's points and having the ablity to not only understand them, but use these opinions to act and behave around people, to fool them sounds Fe to me. Ne is interested in different points, but I don't see the reason why Ne would feel the need to somehow you use them as the tool for acting or fooling others.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Being interested in someone else's points and having the ablity to not only understand them, but use these opinions to act and behave around people, to fool them sounds Fe to me. Ne is interested in different points, but I don't see the reason why Ne would feel the need to somehow you use them as the tool for acting or fooling others.

Precisely.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Who is fooling others? Seriously, that kind of hurts.

Did you miss the part where I assimilate *only* the parts that I relate to, and find of interest to me into my povs? I use Ne to examine how other people think, so I can enrich my own way of thinking. Not to fool people or manipulate them - for that matter, that's not even what Fe is about. But, Im focused on understanding, not executing - don't have the energy or focus for that. And that's where I'm an amateur when it come to Fe. The parts of 'Fe' you've seen are values and methods Ive assimilated into my FiTe.

Anycase, I've kind of lost interest in defending or explaining how I work. Either you can accept what I'm saying, whether or not you can understand it, or you can't. :shrug:

Good luck with your research into mbti though.

G

garbage

:D

Yeah, I only got ENTJ just *once*. Some newb who ran into me when I was having a...atypically impatient and pissed off day. Don't think Id ever be able to be mistaken for an NT for real though.

I remember you going through all those types, yeah...you're not an easy one to type, for sure.
I'm 90% sure of my own now, but I choose not to list it. Some aim to understand others' point of view, using typology as a tool or method to do so. Others? Vice versa. The completely ass-backwards way.

ENFPs are said to be 'sponges of knowledge' and to take on the notion that 'you have your point of view, I have mine, and that's quite alright.' They soak all of that stuff in. They learn from others and tack the good bits onto their personal moral framework. What better way to learn from others than to, to some extent, take on their point of view, to get into their heads, to empathize.. ?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who is fooling others? Seriously, that kind of hurts.

Did you miss the part where I assimilate *only* the parts that I relate to, and find of interest to me into my povs? I use Ne to examine how other people think, so I can enrich my own way of thinking. Not to fool people or manipulate them - for that matter, that's not even what Fe is about. But, Im focused on understanding, not executing - don't have the energy or focus for that. And that's where I'm an amateur when it come to Fe. The parts of 'Fe' you've seen are values and methods Ive assimilated into my FiTe.

Oh I thought, when I typed you Fe, you said it's flattering that you can fool people like this...So based on that I thought you like it... But being flattered by the ablity fooling others, doesn't mean that you like to fool them...okay... I will try to understand this, give me some time.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION], Fe > Fi
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], ENFP 4. ENxP 4s are infamous for being able to craft multiple masks and personas, and when they are playing their roles can seem Fe-ish but in fact, possess the cold mechanism of Fi to make decisions. Methinks they also have an easier time developing certain functions when playing their roles.

I've been typed as every single Ni user (dom and aux) along with ISTP, ENTP, and INTP.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ok, i get wanting to adjust to people, and that Ne makes it easier to do so, but the adjustment, IME has to do with energy levels. i can sense that someone is not into silly jokes and i will take a more serious tone with them. i can sense a person is a little shy or introverted and approach them with less zeal and be undemanding with personal information, maybe disclose more of myself up front to make them feel comfortable. i can sense that a person is probably a person that will snap at me, so i don't provoke them.

in this way, i definitely am looking at things from their angles. the serious person has that mindset because he is focused on a goal, the shy person feels protective of their personal space and feelings/thoughts, the snippy person thinks people are out to get them. that's how i use Ne to adjust to interactions.

when i'm interacting with an Fe-user, i don't try to use Fe really. i just try to understand where they're coming from and kinda step around any situations that i think might bother them, and show appreciation for anything i believe they are doing for the sake of my feelings. just my two cents :shrug:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh I thought, when I typed you Fe, you said it's flattering that you can fool people like this...So based on that I thought you like it... But being flattered by the ablity fooling others, doesn't mean that you like to fool them...okay... I will try to understand this, give me some time.

Ahh there lies the misunderstanding.

I was joking. I meant fooling as in people at first glance thinking it was Fe because I worked so hard to understand the pov that is Fe. It means I can hopefully accommodate them somewhat in their native tongue/pov. But as an Fi-user...I seriously value being authentic, so I took it badly when I thought you meant I fooled others and wore masks to hide who I am - my bad :doh:

Alea_iacta_est

Why do you think that?

You have been using Fi as the critical parent lately, used in a sort of witch-huntish way. You are attempting to utilize the Fi process of undermining external masks but you are doing so in a negative light and in an Ni sort of way. I would say that you would be like an INTJ in this sense, but we (INTJs) see Fi as a bit of a child's folly due to our use of it as personal relief and not as a serious decision making function. Furthermore, you are utilizing Fe in this thread right now since you are attempting to debunk what you perceive to be Amar's false facade, which would be indicative of Fi if Fi wasn't a very phlegmatic function that could care less about what happens to that facade, Fe on the other hand would attempt to eradicate any potential sense of disturbance to the environment, such as a potentially unsettling guise worn by someone.

Common example: INFJ Witch Hunt threads. Rife with Critical Parent Fi.

Last edited:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ahh there lies the misunderstanding.

I was joking. I meant fooling as in people at first glance thinking it was Fe because I worked so hard to understand the pov that is Fe. It means I can hopefully accommodate them somewhat in their native tongue/pov. But as an Fi-user...I seriously value being authentic, so I took it badly when I thought you meant I fooled others and wore masks to hide who I am - my bad :doh:

Well, a lot of Fi users on this forum seem to think that Fe users are only being nice and empathetic in order to use others for their own purpose and that therefor the Fi user who makes less of an effort to acommodate others is morally superior exactly BECAUSE he/she is less nice towards others. They can not imagine that one would be naturally empathic without being fake, phony and dishonest - unauthentic. The less of a shit you give about others the holier you are, kind of. Sounds screwed up but that is what I am getting from a lot of people here (not referring to anyone in particular but venting a frustration that has accumulated over the last few years). :(

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, a lot of Fi users on this forum seem to think that Fe users are only being nice and empathetic in order to use others for their own purpose and that therefor the Fi user who makes less of an effort to acommodate others is morally superior exactly BECAUSE he/she is less nice towards others. They can not imagine that one would be naturally empathic without being fake, phony and dishonest - unauthentic. The less of a shit you give about others the holier you are, kind of. Sounds screwed up but that is what I am getting from a lot of people here (not referring to anyone in particular but venting a frustration that has accumulated over the last few years). :(

Yeah it's an old stereotype that's been debunked several times over the years on here. It's just a different focus and goal in mind. I believe you guys get the same feel from Te-users though, it's like this innate dislike of how they dismiss to you vital information. Ti tends to be obsessed in its own way with 'authenticity', except there it is often called 'the search for objective truth'.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah it's an old stereotype that's been debunked several times over the years on here. It's just a different focus and goal in mind. I believe you guys get the same feel from Te-users though, it's like this innate dislike of how they dismiss to you vital information. Ti tends to be obsessed in its own way with 'authenticity', except there it is often called 'the search for objective truth'.

Not sure if "authetincity" is the right term, but there certainly is a sense of superiority, yes. Speaking strictly for myself I would say that I respect and sometimes even envy Te as an awesome superpower but at the same time consider it somehow "profane" and "less pure" than Ti in that Ti is in a way occupied with something higher, timeless and more abstract while Te is all about what is actually going on in the (profane) world out there. Reality, meh! :D