• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*gasp* Is ENFP becoming the new INFJ?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually hope no one calls me out here, but after Nights and Days accused me of not being an INFJ it got me thinking about how much I would hate to be one of those annoying mistypes "who feeds their own ego to the point of being willing to lie to themselves". soo first of all I doubt anyone cares about me enough to actually analyze my super contradicting and obnoxious personality (save for Alea_iacta_est who is great!) so if you really strongly feel that I am not an INFJ, I guess you should probably tell me :shrug: I didn't type as INTP because outside I seem like much more a feeler

I'll help you type if you're willing to let me.

I can't promise an accurate typing though.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh: Ok, it's official, I've been typed - repeatedly - all NF types, by now. As well as the occasional ISFP.

I AM THE ULTIMATE NF *cackles evilly*

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol...dude, come on, I cannot hold a candle to an actual ENFJ. Too bad you never actually met [MENTION=1456]Domino[/MENTION], but just comparing me to [MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] should do the trick, tbh.

Tertiary Ti temptation for the win :D

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] I kind of thought you're some Fe type when I had a conversation with you on vent, I am just not sure if Fe lead. You don't seem like introvert though.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Okay, you can keep thinking that and I'll keep thinking what I'm thinking. :shrug: You could be INTJ, it's not impossible. But your argument in the last quote is following the logic that the way you type is always right, which I don't think is true for anyone squishie.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Lol...dude, come on, I cannot hold a candle to an actual ENFJ. Too bad you never actually met [MENTION=1456]Domino[/MENTION], but just comparing me to [MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] should do the trick, tbh.

That wouldn't work because you are wearing a mask.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] I kind of thought you're some Fe type when I had a conversation with you on vent, I am just not sure if Fe lead. You don't seem like introvert though.

I've had to work painstakingly hard to get at least some insights and usage of Fe over the years - it does not come naturally to me, believe me. And you've seen me on nights that I blow off steam or when other extraverts are around. Funnily enough, a couple of years ago, I myself as well as others thought I was INFP. And I've had a steady amount of INFJ guessers as well, on top of ISFP along the way.

To me, it's actually quite flattering that I can fool people like this, I suppose. It's something I've very much worked towards as I very much notice where Fi leaves off and Fe picks up, as such. Same thing for Ni and Ne, for that matter.

For that matter, if you look at the results I get when I measure the strength (not preference) of my functions, I get Ne=Fi, Ni=Fe, Si=Te, Se, Ti. So I'm not surprised I occasionally get mistaken for an Fe-user :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That wouldn't work because you are wearing a mask.

Pot, kettle, dude :coffee:

Just coz I don't feel like spilling my guts to you, does not mean I'm not myself on here. You're just not entitled to the whole picture, unless I feel like giving it to you.

Alea_iacta_est

I've had to work painstakingly hard to get at least some insights and usage of Fe over the years - it does not come naturally to me, believe me. And you've seen me on nights that I blow off steam or when other extraverts are around. Funnily enough, a couple of years ago, I myself as well as others thought I was INFP. And I've had a steady amount of INFJ guessers as well, on top of ISFP along the way.

To me, it's actually quite flattering that I can fool people like this, I suppose. It's something I've very much worked towards as I very much notice where Fi leaves off and Fe picks up, as such. Same thing for Ni and Ne, for that matter.

For that matter, if you look at the results I get when I measure the strength (not preference) of my functions, I get Ne=Fi, Ni=Fe, Si=Te, Se, Ti. So I'm not surprised I occasionally get mistaken for an Fe-user :)

That sounds like Fe super-ego or super-id (undervalued, shadow process) to me. If it were in the Ego block, it would have come naturally to you.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

What motivates you to put on these masks?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Pot, kettle, dude :coffee:

Just coz I don't feel like spilling my guts to you, does not mean I'm not myself on here. You're just not entitled to the whole picture, unless I feel like giving it to you.

It's funny that you say you have worked hard to understand Fe and that you "can wear an Fe mask", because It's now apparent to me that it's in fact the opposite. You seem to exude and have a natural affinity for Fe, and it is Fi that is your mask of choice.

It's no wonder you've been typed as every F in the book now, and culminating with your true type being revealed.