• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Starry

Forgive me Stephano for taking so long to get back to you...

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]
Well, that is hard to answer. I think I would kill myself if I had to spend my whole life in an average job. I want to become a composer someday and from what I have heard it is pretty hard to get into the business. I probably won't go to university, but I will take a schooling for audio engineering.

^^So this is an e7 answer. And while I realize this isn't how you phrased it...your primary concern is clearly being limited and deprived by mundane work (life.) In other words, you didn't say "I am a composer...I live to compose music" or "I don't care if I'm stuck penniless, composing my music in the closet of my best friend's 300sqf apartment and eating boiled rice for dinner every night for the rest of my life...I must compose!" (<-dramatic but hopefully it illustrates my point.) For you it seemed like composing music would be *great*...but you would consider other lines of work as long as they didn't involved answering to middle-management and a grey cloth cubicle where you've pinned a photo of your dog...along with images of Mozart and Danny Elfman.

Every single day on this site I'm reminded of how massively people suck at enneagram typing. And when viewing some of these 'type me' threads...I generally want to barf into my computer keys. It's hard for me...watching people validate/reinforce each other's respective totally wrong types... No one digs deep enough. I mean, if you aren't appalled or ashamed or embarrassed or a combination of all of those things at the moment you go to attach one of those nine numbers to your name...then the chances you're not quite there yet are extremely high.

Enneagram isn't about the first set of fears you come up against...or the second or third set... no, no, no. Those are all the fears that have been created in order to keep the core fear hidden so deep... so as not to be discovered. In this way it is not unusual for e7s to dream of becoming a significant/respected/famous Composer for example... but when you strip away all the layers and arrive at the core... you discover that the attachment isn't to the image or significance... but rather to the interest or experience or unlimited possibilities. Do you understand?

I remember that you once misidentified yourself as a 4, right? I would really like to know now how you found out that you are an actual 7. From what I have grasped from the descriptions the difference is big.

The first enneagram test I took put me at 4w5...and so I read the description alongside the rest...and thought 'okay'...I'm 4w5. It made just enough sense to me...and honestly, if we are focusing solely on descriptions...7w6 may in fact make less sense to me (many e7 descriptions have a 7w8, Se and/or social-dom bias.) What first caused me to doubt was the fact I didn't relate to 'Heart type.' Head is generally related to fear...and Gut with anger. The Heart type seems to get several different words assigned to it...grief, sadness, shame, envy, image... none of which I relate to. And so I got a bunch of enneagram books from the library. 7 always looked quite stupid to me. I had depth man (haha.) And since it became clear I was a Head type and because I identify with being counterphobic...I settled on 6w7 as my type. But as time went on I thought...this is so not me (6w7 is less me than 4w5.) At this point I knew I was a 7 as pretty much everything about it made me cringe. I just needed to know 1) can 7w6 be cp in the 6w5 way? And 2) can living in a total imaginary world of optimism and loveliness substitute for actual/material gluttony (gluttony of thought?) Yes and yes. Sold.

glad you decided against self preservation dom. you don't come off as cold or ambitious as an Sp 7

We all have our dreams though :cry:

how bout me ENFP 7w6
;)?

Yes x infinity.

Strip me down to my core and ennea(re)type me in an interesting way? :cry: :wubbie:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Strip me down to my core and ennea(re)type me in an interesting way? :cry:

Me too! That post was beautiful. I agree enneatyping nowadays is pretty surface level.

Starry

I don't think you're ISFP. And I'd probably feel better with a 9w8 typing under your name...but I've never abandoned 4w5 for you. Something won't let me do that. I would need to revisit this...

I don't think you're ISFP. And I'd probably feel better with a 9w8 typing under your name...but I've never abandoned 4w5 for you. Something won't let me do that. I would need to revisit this...

Fair enough. I don't know that I'm ISFP for sure either. However, the people who have voted for ISFP have generally given me more specific and solid reasons for it than the ones who said INFP, who are more like "OMG you can't be anything else." I've had a couple of IxTJ typings too, but those never stuck with me either.

As far as 4w5 is concerned, that is the type I first tested as and it seemed okay at first from a behavioral perspective. The more I delved into the profile though ... I just don't identify with 4 motivations of shame and envy and disdain. Maybe I'm not reading them right. But I really don't think I'm a 4. In fact, I went with 9 because I think I'm supremely ordinary and feel like my hopes and fears and joys and sorrows are all incredibly universal ... to the extent that the boundaries between the self and what's out there are honestly too blurry for me to examine easily. It's always surprised me and made me feel a little uncomfortable when people say I'm special.

Haha! Oooooooooohhhhhh purdy writing in your sig! Beautiful

And thank you, for this and your consideration and the gifts of your intuition. :)

Starry

Me too! That post was beautiful. I agree enneatyping nowadays is pretty surface level.

Whoops I'm on a small screen and missed this. You are ENFP (you aren't grounded enough to be ESFP and I forget how that came about actually...the only other type you could possibly be is ESFJ but you ain't so don't start thinking that...) ENFP 7w6 so/sx and wonderful.

Starry

Fair enough. I don't know that I'm ISFP for sure either. However, the people who have voted for ISFP have generally given me more specific and solid reasons for it than the ones who said INFP, who are more like "OMG you can't be anything else." I've had a couple of IxTJ typings too, but those never stuck with me either.

As far as 4w5 is concerned, that is the type I first tested as and it seemed okay at first from a behavioral perspective. The more I delved into the profile though ... I just don't identify with 4 motivations of shame and envy and disdain. Maybe I'm not reading them right. But I really don't think I'm a 4. In fact, I went with 9 because I think I'm supremely ordinary and feel like my hopes and fears and joys and sorrows are all incredibly universal ... to the extent that the boundaries between the self and what's out there are honestly too blurry for me to examine easily. It's always surprised me and made me feel a little uncomfortable when people say I'm special.

I'm going to think about this because I know I'm one of those people that has said "no, dude...you just are. believe it." Which is extraordinarily not helpful. But to the bolded THAT's exactly what I would be looking for out of the mouth of a 4w5. Again, I will search for the words to better explain it.… but that's the thing! believe it. haha explanations.

And thank you, for this and your consideration and the gifts of your intuition. :)

Make me cry...

I'm going to think about this because I know I'm one of those people that has said "no, dude...you just are. believe it." Which is extraordinarily not helpful. But to the bolded THAT's exactly what I would be looking for out of the mouth of a 4w5. Again, I will search for the words to better explain it.… but that's the thing! believe it. haha explanations.

Make me cry...

Looking forward to the explanation because I REALLY can't see what's 4ish about that, haha.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
werd
I guess to an Sx second type, being Sx dom might look glamorous, exhilarating etc, but Sp dominance is a lot more useful and seems far less stressful (most of the Sp/Sx's I know seem far less stressed than the Sx doms and So doms I know)

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Forgive me Stephano for taking so long to get back to you...

That doesn't have to bother you. I'm really grateful for the help you have already given me. :)
The way you described me seems pretty accurate. I'd find it great to be a composer, but I wouldn't say that I live to be one. I just don't know what to do with my life and composing is sth. fun to me.
People tell me that I'm talented, but I'm not sure if I'm even capable of composing music to a movie, video game or sth related. I think I would be a good songwriter, though.
But yeah, I guess you are right about me. I have looked up some quotes from Criss Angel, a claimed ENFP 4 and I can't really see myself in it. Can you at least spot a 4 fix in me? People keep telling me I'm both, 7 and 4.

Thx for giving me all this help! I wish there were more people like you on the internet and I hope I didn't waste too much of your time. ;)

Permabanned
In this way it is not unusual for e7s to dream of becoming a significant/respected/famous Composer for example... but when you strip away all the layers and arrive at the core... you discover that the attachment isn't to the image or significance... but rather to the interest or experience or unlimited possibilities.

And then what? :rly???:

G

garbage

I'm game. *cracks knuckles*

I've had four threads and four different consensuses. I don't want to bother to post another thread. But I want to see if perception has changed again.

So, do this garbage a favor and type me. Bonus points if you haven't seen any of the types that I had listed or can let having seen them not bias you.

Starry

That doesn't have to bother you. I'm really grateful for the help you have already given me. :)
The way you described me seems pretty accurate. I'd find it great to be a composer, but I wouldn't say that I live to be one. I just don't know what to do with my life and composing is sth. fun to me.
People tell me that I'm talented, but I'm not sure if I'm even capable of composing music to a movie, video game or sth related. I think I would be a good songwriter, though.
But yeah, I guess you are right about me. I have looked up some quotes from Criss Angel, a claimed ENFP 4 and I can't really see myself in it. Can you at least spot a 4 fix in me? People keep telling me I'm both, 7 and 4.

Thx for giving me all this help! I wish there were more people like you on the internet and I hope I didn't waste too much of your time. ;)

I will continue to get to know you Stephano...but 4 would certainly make sense. Something inside of me is leaning towards 3 right now...but I will see what comes of that as it may dissipate. If you consider yourself to be more introverted and consumed with thoughts/thinking...than 4w5 would probably be where I'd put you.

I'm game. *cracks knuckles*

I've had four threads and four different consensuses. I don't want to bother to post another thread. But I want to see if perception has changed again.

So, do this garbage a favor and type me. Bonus points if you haven't seen any of the types that I had listed or can let having seen them not bias you.

I feel it is stupid that I am disqualified from earning bonus points...merely because I've seen you typed as everything under the sun.

When you finally arrived at ENFJ though... I was totally doing the Hava Nagila at a small party I put together in honor of the occasion.

But why 3w4 as opposed to 3w2 I wonder? And why not so/sp? hmmm....

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP

I will continue to get to know you Stephano...but 4 would certainly make sense. Something inside of me is leaning towards 3 right now...but I will see what comes of that as it may dissipate. If you consider yourself to be more introverted and consumed with thoughts/thinking...than 4w5 would probably be where I'd put you.

Hello again :)
Yes, I am actually more introverted than the average ENFP and it's not a phase. When children in kindergarten came to me and asked, if I wanted to play with them, I told them that I would rather like to play alone. I'm also easily bored at social events, if I'm not drunk or do not have an interesting person to talk about things I like. When I'm around really good friends it's always fun, but otherwise it's just boring as hell. I'm normally completely fine with staying in at weekends.
I'm witty and charming if I'm in the mood and feel confident. But most of the time long conversations annoy me, if the topic isn't something I'm really interested in.

While this sounds like an introvert, I am yet an extravert. If I am completely alone for a weekend or so, with no human contact, I feel like shit. I need people and I get energized by them. I'm also a heavy Ne user with well developed Te which could explain some of my 7 traits. I'm scattered, unstructered, good at improvising and I come up with ideas easily. Usually people tell me I'm both, 7 and 4, when I show them the descriptions, but I only agree partially with them.
The next thing is that my instinctual variant is likely So. This should actually make me more extraverted.

It's really strange and I feel I must be sth. different than the other ENFP 7s I know. A friend of mine is really easy to type once you get to know him better. He sometimes comes across as an ESFP, but it was easy to figure out that he is an ENFP, when he talked about himself and his interests. Actually we're very similar in many ways but he's way more hedonistic and risky. We share the same critic of society though.

I don't know if that sounds like 7 or not, but I want to recieve your help for sure in future.
And may someone in a hypothetical heaven bless your religious ex-co-worker. I think I would have thought WTF too in that situation. ;)

See you!