• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
those are also a list of bad tendencies in 5s / INTPs. MOst of them are very true of me...But that's not what I strive to be.
People and there emotions do tend to stress, exhaust, bore and frighten me. But The only I get the more i recognize that this is unhealthy behavior. Also you don't have to be comfortable around people to realize their worth and being "small" can make you very aware that you are not the center of the world and that there may be something higher than yourself. Even if contributing or interacting with it scares you.

and if you don't relate to the bad tendencies of 5, you're not a 5, because that's most of what the Enneagram is about.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
and if you don't relate to the bad tendencies of 5, you're not a 5, because that's most of what the Enneagram is about.

read the second sentence of what you quoted.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
read the second sentence of what you quoted.

I skimmed, mea culpa.
anyway, I still think you exhibit a world view much more similar to a 9 or a 2. 5s are much more defined by their seperateness and tendency to want to hoard and isolate themselves from the rest of the world.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
For some reason Elfboy being a pretty Intuitive ESTJ makes more sense to me than it should have. I just don't get the feeling that he has Si as an inferior, because the first thing I've noticed about him was how he talks about various sense impressions. Such as how people generally come across as being "NF"ish or whatever. Then again in my mind people who talk a lot about "auras" are by default Si-Ne types. It's probably why I find it amusing that someone would type him as being a Se dom.

I'm not exactly sure why I singled Elfboy out though, what I perceive is extremely arbitrary and random.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=17134]PimpinMcBoltage[/MENTION] is mistyped as a pimp, he is actually NOT a pimp.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
[MENTION=17134]PimpinMcBoltage[/MENTION] is mistyped as a pimp, he is actually NOT a pimp.

Shut up. I'm a pimp, my uncle told me to keep my pimp hand strong. I'm fairly sure you don't want to get in the backside of that now don't you?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On another note, here's a funny observation I've made recently: people generally get more upset when I'm "mistyped" and I ask for their alternative typing opinions than they would be if I didn't even ask in the first place. The same seems to apply for other members when they seek advice on their types as well. If someone wants your input, it's very foolish to get angry, because the person asking clearly takes at least some value in your own opinions.

As an alternative perspective, let's listen to the wise words of Ken Wilber:
"The real intent of my writing is not to say, you must think in this way. The real intent is: here are some of the many important facets of this extraordinary Kosmos; have you thought about including them in your own worldview? My work is an attempt to make room in the Kosmos for all of the dimensions, levels, domains, waves, memes, modes, individuals, cultures, and so on ad infinitum. I have one major rule: Everybody is right. More specifically, everybody — including me — has some important pieces of truth, and all of those pieces need to be honored, cherished, and included in a more gracious, spacious, and compassionate embrace."

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
On another note, here's a funny observation I've made recently: people generally get more upset when I'm "mistyped" and I ask for their alternative typing opinions than they would be if I didn't even ask in the first place. The same seems to apply for other members when they seek advice on their types as well. If someone wants your input, it's very foolish to get angry, because the person asking clearly takes at least some value in your own opinions.

Hubris is a funny thing. But yes its a well observed behaviour that people enjoy giving opinion on their own terms; not at request. It's understandable, even the most regimented of us are a bag of whims and all it takes is a single catalyst to start the ball rolling.

To be put on a spot is a challenge, which isn't to say that is what you did to others, but people can interpret information in any number of ways and the less rational the more they imprint unspoken information and attach motive where none exists.

We all have that tendency I notice, or at the least I have it and rue it like a disease of the mind. But we can employ rationalisation tactics to control ourselves. Tell ourselves that we do this FOR something or for SOMEONE or perhaps for everyone or for ourselves or some other ineffable purpose.

It's a kind of insanity, as all human beings are to exist as a creature aware of it's own mortal coil and, (at least some), possessing a notion of how small they are in a larger perspective, so a type of delusion is needed to control and relax, to feel purpose and justification in existence.

It is better than apathy I suppose.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Elfboy was reffering to me in the is the member above you accurately typed thread and Speed Gavroche was talking about my type in a 5w6 vs 5w4 ISTP/INTP thread about me and, in all honesty, I think they could be right.

After all, Elf and Speed are the renowned typing experts of the forum, so trust their judgment I will.

I must submit to their greater wisdom and admit that I'am an INTP 5w6 so/sp!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if another greater wisdom says that you are an ENFP?

:greatscott:

Ah yes, you have mod powers, which essentially makes you a god, and that I must bow down before your superior wisdom!
:worthy: :jesus:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was going to post this on another thread, but it's more on topic here. [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION]
you probably have me blocked and can't see my post, but, in addition to 6w7, I could you being a severely disintegrated 7. while some of your defensiveness stems from insecurity, just as much stems from a narcissistic reaction of "how dare you insult me!" on the other hand, a 6 would more likely respond either rebelliously or in a "no! that's not true!" sort of way. you strike me as more genuinely conceited like an Id type rather than self critical like a superego type.
many would use this as a case for 3, but you lack the polish and image manipulation prowess of a 3.

however, I still lean 6 because
- you come across as more reactive rather than positive outlook
- I see more evidence for a line to 3 (albeit not core) than a line to 1.
- you tend to view much more as a big deal than a 7

S

Stansmith

Must be gut-second then, because I can't relate to his seemingly maverick-esque approach to life. On the other hand, I can (vaguely) see myself in a lot of the things The Great One and Zarthustra post, despite their counter-phobic approaches.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was going to post this on another thread, but it's more on topic here. [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION]
you probably have me blocked and can't see my post, but, in addition to 6w7, I could you being a severely disintegrated 7. while some of your defensiveness stems from insecurity, just as much stems from a narcissistic reaction of "how dare you insult me!" on the other hand, a 6 would more likely respond either rebelliously or in a "no! that's not true!" sort of way. you strike me as more genuinely conceited like an Id type rather than self critical like a superego type.
many would use this as a case for 3, but you lack the polish and image manipulation prowess of a 3.

however, I still lean 6 because
- you come across as more reactive rather than positive outlook
- I see more evidence for a line to 3 (albeit not core) than a line to 1.
- you tend to view much more as a big deal than a 7

I would buy this as well, but that little <expletive> probably has me blocked as well.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Must be gut-second then, because I can't relate to his seemingly maverick-esque approach to life. On the other hand, I can (vaguely) see myself in a lot of the things The Great One and Zarthustra post, despite their counter-phobic approaches.

I feel like relating to people is more correlation than it is causation when it comes to typing. Just saying since whenever you reconsider your own type, you tend to project it onto celebrities who you relate to. :shrug:

S

Stansmith

I feel like relating to people is more correlation than it is causation when it comes to typing. Just saying since whenever you reconsider your own type, you tend to project it onto celebrities who you relate to. :shrug:

It's more of a matter of realizing that having ideas and taking interest in theoretical/quirky subjects =/= Intuitive. Celebrities are typed as intuitives simply for reading books, making comparisons, having basic emotional intelligence, or being generally likable, as if all Sensors are IQ-60s.

SiNe vs SeNi is the divide that's relevant, not 'N' vs 'S'.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's more of a matter of realizing that having ideas and taking interest in theoretical/quirky subjects =/= Intuitive. Celebrities are typed as intuitives simply for reading books, making comparisons, having basic emotional intelligence, or being generally likable, as if all Sensors are IQ-60s.

SiNe vs SeNi is the divide that's relevant, not 'N' vs 'S'.

I don't understand how that's relevant to what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is regardless of whether you relate to someone or not, it doesn't affect your type is or what that person's type is. For example, I find myself relating a lot to Reese Witherspoon. Functionally, we're complete opposites (ENFJ vs ENFP). But then again I don't relate to Jack White despite the fact that we're both probably ENFP. And the only 7w6 I can say I actually relate to is Gwen Stefani.

"Must be gut-second then, because I can't relate to his seemingly maverick-esque approach to life." - Just because you can't relate to a part of someone's life does not mean it's an indicator about their personality. Correlation, not causation. :) That was my point. I mean there are other ways to justify that he's gut-second, just not how much you relate to him.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
"Must be gut-second then, because I can't relate to his seemingly maverick-esque approach to life." - Just because you can't relate to a part of someone's life does not mean it's an indicator about their personality. Correlation, not causation. :) That was my point. I mean there are other ways to justify that he's gut-second, just not how much you relate to him.

I suppose I can see not relating to part of a persons life, but what areas would you relate to? Say if this 'jack white' you speak of was an ENFP like yourself.

How do you see that he is ENFP? Meaning what parts DO you associate with ENFP, functionally or otherwise? There must be similarities somewhere in a pattern based system right?