• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Are you Jason Statham? Why did you do In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale?

Well....like...yknow, there was a lot of stuff in the script that, sorta, drew me in like. I mean you got these Krugs and they're like..yknow...all the bad stuff? Like violence and guns and deaths, all that type of shit..well not so much guns, yknow? But bows are like guns.

So I thought, do some good, give out a nice message, right? So..fight some krugs, get paid, kids get a nice message, everyone's a winner.....except the krugs...yknow?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I thought, do some good, give out a nice message, right? So..fight some krugs, get paid, kids get a nice message, everyone's a winner.....except the krugs...yknow?

I'm trying to remember if krugs were the orcs of that particular secondary universe.

If not, I'll have to conclude that it's another example of bizarre British slang.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm trying to remember if krugs were the orcs of that particular secondary universe.

If not, I'll have to conclude that it's another example of bizarre British slang.

You're right on the first guess, I never watched it but I think they were like orcs or something to that effect.

As for Jason Statham, he should stick to films like Lock Stock and Snatch.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh no no, I wasn't saying you lacked a desire for sex. I was just addressing The Great One who said "so she basically said here that she's not that into sex either." I wanted to make the point that if you're not interested in sex then that doesn't necessarily rule out being sx (and thus I talked about my asexual friend). It's not the case for me, but it still shouldn't be used to rule out others completely. :yes:

The limerence thing, yes, is a basic human phenomenon. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was commonly emphasized in those who are sx-first.

The bold screams limerence to me. Of course, everyone goes through this - from sx-first to sx-last - but I'd venture to say it's a more frequent occurrence with those who are sx-first. Moreover, with a lack of intense emotional stimulation or connection being a primary stress it shouldn't be that surprising that people might question your sx-nature. You could still very well be sx/so (the sexually desirable thread supports it imo) but I'm not shocked that it was called into question because of this.

Sure, sure. You are right. And yeah, the quote there sounds like limerence, but it's not the same as "romantic infatuation", which is what the limerence thread was implying. I personally tend to find that kind behavior intrusive towards other human beings, and as I've said, "out of control". I do not wish to be in that position, not towards "real" human beings, anyway.

With sx-doms, the "limerence" can actually revolve around intensive interests--for instance, one time I decided Otto von Bismarck was like the coolest thing ever. So I got all these books on Otto von Bismarck. I did all this online research on Otto von Bismarck. I developed this whole alternate world where Otto von Bismarck was commander in chief of my armed forces. I painted a portrait of Otto von Bismarck. I annoyed everyone by spouting off random facts about Otto von Bismarck. I kept getting more and more details. Where did he go to college...what subjects did he study there?...WHAT DID HE EAT FOR BREAKFAST, DAMMIT?? ... you would think I had a massive crush on Otto von Bismarck, but it was mainly just an intense interest in the guy's life and personality.

Then the whole thing burns itself out one day, I look up startled, and it's 7 days after I first started. I can't remember focusing on anything else during this time, and I don't see any need to continue. Who cares about Otto von Bismark? Passe. People are left scratching their heads.

Call that limerence if you will...I call it weird. And it's not exactly the gushy, "I would do ANTHING for you, as long as we're together!" attitude that I associate with romantic infatuation, and which the OP in the limerence thread struck me as being. Like I said, I think that sort of limerence is more about a normal, non-instinct related human phenomenon than it is about the obsessive drive for depth and immersion that is the core of the sx instinct.

On another forum, someone typing as sx-first kept trying to tell me that her love was DEEPER than non-sx-doms, more ENDURING, and that most sx-firsts were like that as well. I spoke out against that one as well, because I don't like when people "glamorize" this instinct--doesn't help us to think of sx-dom as being related to love, sex, and relationships. That's all of us. ;) Let's not prop ourselves up by thinking of ourselves as more amorous/glamorous/sexual than other instinctual stackings.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
I agree with your So/Sx typing, but I could see you as a 6w7. you seem more superego and concerned with support than a 7. that said, you could still be either (Social 7s are a weird bunch, having more of a tendency towards self sacrifice and are the least conceited/narcissistic of the 7 stackings)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
I agree with your So/Sx typing, but I could see you as a 6w7. you seem more superego and concerned with support than a 7. that said, you could still be either (Social 7s are a weird bunch, having more of a tendency towards self sacrifice and are the least conceited/narcissistic of the 7 stackings)

I think social 7s are the 7 countertype, despite looking stereotypically 7 on the surface. :alttongue: But yeah, I think it's being 7w6(sw6w5) combined with being a 2 fixer and having both subwings for my non-core types as 1w2 that makes me seem very 6-ish and supportive compared to your average 7. Not to mention the so/sx part!

PS: I hope you still took what I said on the phone as more than just a red flag about my type. I meant what I said!

S

Stansmith

All So/Sx's look like 6s

SX-doms are the "meat" of each type (your martyrs, hedonists, seductresses, and all those great buzzwords), while the So/Sx's are the watered down, consumer-friendly version.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=16048]Pseudo[/MENTION]
INFJ 2w1 or 9w1 So/Sx
I'm not saying this out of spite for our current conversation (I'm actually enjoying it), but you are like the antithesis of 5 and not possibly Fe inferior.

from Riso and Hudson's "Wisdom of the Enneagram"
Avarice and Feeling Small
The Passion of the 5 (their "Capital Sin" is avarice, a particular emotional distortion resulting from their feeling that they are small and incapable of defending themselves in the world. Fear makes 5s shrink inward, and avarice makes them try to hoard whatever material resources they have at their disposal. 5s feel as though there is not much of them to go around, and that the needs of others can easily deplete or exhaust them.

from "The Spiritual Dimensions of the Enneagram"
Social Five: Totems
Social Fives have, as Lilly and Hart relate of Ichazo's definition, "heroes to live up to." They are very conscious of social hierarchies, and as the word totem implies, they want to be one of the faces on the totem pole. A totem is a symbol or emblem representing a family or social group, and this is what a Social Five lives in the shadow of and also wants to be. He is very aware of social archetypes and wants to embody them, becoming an exemplar or a fount of knowledge. He may develop expertise in a specialized field in which he wishes to be the next in the lineage, and wants to be seen as such. His passion of avarice manifests as a holding on to whatever he considers gives him his social standing.

from Naranjo's "Character and Neurosis"
Aside from the possibility that the schizoid form of retentiveness probably contributed to
Freud’s abstraction of an anal character, it corresponds to the syndrome described by Ernst
Kretschmer, pioneer of systematic characterology. When in his study of schizophrenic patients
at his clinic he described the syndrome that he proposed to call schizoid, the following were
the main group of traits he observed to be the most frequent:

1. Unsociable, quiet, reserved, serious (humorless)
2. Timid, shy, with ne feelings, sensitive, nervous, excitable, fond of nature and books
3. Pliable, kindly, honest, indifferent, silent

Groups two and three stand in certain opposition to one another, forming a contrast
similar to that he described between depression and elation in his cyclothymic type.5 “If we
want to give a short account of the basis of the schizoid temperament,” he says, “we must say:
the schizoid temperament lies between the extremes of excitability and dullness, in the same
way that a cycloid temperament lies between the extremes of cheerfulness and sadness.”

Both among his patients as among the bearers of what he proposed to call “schizothymic”
temperament (among his “normal” acquaintances), Kretschmer had the merit of pointing out
the polarity between hypersensitivity and insensitivity in this personality: sometimes it is one
or the other that is the chief characteristic, while in others an alternation or a transition from
early “hyperaesthesia” to late apathy. More generally, I think, we may say the individual is
characterized by an exaggerated vulnerability and by a self-protective distancing from his
excessively ne and vulnerable feelings. I quote Kretschmer again:

“He alone, however, has the key to the schizoid temperament who has clearly recognized
that the majority of schizoids are not either over-sensitive or cold, but they are over-sensitive

and cold at the same time, and, indeed, in quite different relational mixtures.” “Out of our
schizoid material we can form a continuous series, beginning with what I call the ‘Hölderlin
type,’ those extremely sensitive, abnormally tender, constantly wounded, mimosa-like natures,
who are “all nerves”- and winding up to those cold, numbed, almost lifeless ruins left by the
ravages of a severe attack of dementia praecox, who glimmer dimly in the corner of the
asylum, dull-witted as cows.”

This polarity, Kretschmer emphasizes, is not to be found in the middle of the range. He
finds individuals like Strindberg, who said of himself: “I am hard as ice, and yet so full of
feeling that I am almost sentimental.” “But even in that half of our material, which is
primarily cold, and poor in a ective response, as soon as we come into close personal contact
with such schizoids, we find, very frequently, behind the affectless, numbed exterior, in the
innermost sanctuary, a tender personality-nucleus with the most vulnerable nervous sensitivity,
which has withdrawn into itself and lies there contorted.”

The unsociable (or “autistic”) characteristic of his schizoid is something that could be
understood either in relation to hypersensitivity or to insensitivity toward others, as in the case
of those sensitive natures that “seek as far as possible to avoid and deaden all stimulation from
the outside; they close the shutters of their houses, in order to lead a dream-life, fantastic, poor
in deeds and rich in thought (Hölderlin) in the soft mulled gloom of the interior. They seek
loneliness, as Strindberg so beautifully said of himself, in order to “‘spin themselves into the
silk of their own souls’.” Kretschmer’s view on schizothymia was further elaborated by Sheldon
who endorsed Kretschmer’s threefold conception of human constitution, interpreted the
“aesthenic” body-build as “ectomorphia” (originating in the predominance of the embryonic
ectoderm), and viewed the schizoid disposition as a variable in temperament that he called
“cerebrotonia.”6

Related to ectomorphy, “cerebrotonia” appears to express the function of exteroception,
which necessitates or involves cerebrally-mediated inhibition of both the other two primary
functions, somatotonia and viscerotonia. It also involves or leads to conscious attentionality and
thereby to substitution of symbolic ideation for immediate overt response to stimulation.
Attendant upon this latter phenomenon are the “cerebral tragedies” or hesitation, disorientation
and confusion. These appear to be the by-products of over-stimulation, which is doubtless one
consequence of an over-balanced investment in “exteroception.” Though Sheldon is more
concerned with variables than with types, it is clearly in ennea-type V that we see the highest
expression of both ectomorphic constitution and cerebrotonic traits, among which Sheldon lists
the following twenty as most distinctive:

1. Restraint in Posture and Movement, Tightness
2. Physiological Over-Response
3. Overly Fast Reactions
4. Love of Privacy
5. Mental Over-intensity, Hyper-attentionality, Apprehensiveness
6. Secretiveness of Feeling, Emotional Restraint
7. Self-conscious Motility of the Eyes and Face
8. Sociophobia
9. Inhibited Social Address
10. Resistance to Habit and Poor Routinizing
11. Agoraphobia
12. Unpredictability of Attitude
13. Vocal Restraint and General Restraint of Noise
14. Hypersensitivity to Pain
15. Poor Sleep Habits, Chronic Fatigue

16. Youthful Intentness of Manner and Appearance
17. Vertical Mental Cleavage, Introversion
18. Resistance to Alcohol and to other Depressant Drugs
19. Need of Solitude when Troubled
20. Orientation Toward the Later Periods of Life.

**************************​

All So/Sx's look like 6s
really? so Charlton Heston (8w9 So/Sx), Snoop Dogg (7w8 So/Sx), Charlie Rose (1w9 So/Sx), Bradley Cooper (3w2 So/Sx) and Michael Douglas (8w7 So/Sx) look like 6s to you?

SX-doms are the "meat" of each type (your martyrs, hedonists, seductresses, and all those great buzzwords), while the So/Sx's are the watered down, consumer-friendly version.
this is closer to the truth (though Sp doms can be pretty hedonist too. esp. Sp 7s)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread is a great testament to how arrogant and overly-assured people can be with their opinions.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=16048]Pseudo[/MENTION]
INFJ 2w1 or 9w1 So/Sx
I'm not saying this out of spite for our current conversation (I'm actually enjoying it), but you are like the antithesis of 5 and not possibly Fe inferior.

Nope. Just a T with a sense of how unbridled self-interest will lead to the implosion of humanity.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope. Just a T with a sense of how unbridled self-interest will lead to the implosion of humanity.

This is a good point. Why the freak do people correlate long-term strategies for the preservation of society to be a feeling thing? Lots of scientists operate this way, and no way in hell would the majority of them be feeling types!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yes, such a thing is possible. I think a good rule of thumb is that INFJs are more idealistic and INTPs are more cynical (which I've seen in you). INFJs also have more of a "people" focus than the "impersonal" intp focus. You also seem more Si than Ni, and I have a theory that strongish Si in an INTP leads to being a 5w6.

[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION]

I can see where the Te comes from....you're always sticking to the facts, but how did you get Si and not Se?

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

those are also a list of bad tendencies in 5s / INTPs. MOst of them are very true of me...But that's not what I strive to be.

People and there emotions do tend to stress, exhaust, bore and frighten me. But The only I get the more i recognize that this is unhealthy behavior. Also you don't have to be comfortable around people to realize their worth and being "small" can make you very aware that you are not the center of the world and that there may be something higher than yourself. Even if contributing or interacting with it scares you.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, such a thing is possible.

[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION]

I can see where the Te comes from....you're always sticking to the facts, but how did you get Si and not Se?

Well, whether we argue this by functions or not, just try to envision superunknown being an ENTJ (or ESFP if you flip it); it just doesn't click.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

those are also a list of bad tendencies in 5s / INTPs. MOst of them are very true of me...But that's not what I strive to be.

People and there emotions do tend to stress, exhaust, bore and frighten me. But The only I get the more i recognize that this is unhealthy behavior. Also you don't have to be comfortable around people to realize their worth and being "small" can make you very aware that you are not the center of the world and that there may be something higher than yourself. Even if contributing or interacting with it scares you.

i don't know if this is at all relevant but my bfs dad is an intp married to an esfj for forever and he reads very warm...i know you're with an enfj...i just think sometimes couples influence each other like that.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

[MENTION=16048]Pseudo[/MENTION] for what it's worth, I think your statement smacks of genuine sense and the ability to see outside yourself, which is needful for one to be truly objective and in this case, you are being very objective and logical. So, I'm saying I support your statement and I think INTP is quite possibly a good fit for you.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i don't know if this is at all relevant but my bfs dad is an intp married to an esfj for forever and he reads very warm...i know you're with an enfj...i just think sometimes couples influence each other like that.

Yes. My best friend is also an ESFJ. They have both been instrumental in opening me up to relationships to human people. But still when I'm with them the divide is very apparent, especially with my ENFJ. He's got this crazy, wild devotion to humanity and fostering growth in people. I come at it much more from the perspective of a personal feeling that i am only one of billions, and will eventually die. To my mind it isn't rational to devote my life soley to my own desires/pleasure.