• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Self-control issues.

Not something I can judge him for.

But in his case, I think his intent may have been a little more pointedly mocking, and that's what got him perma-banned in both places.

He would basically make people feel bad about themselves, I don't know if he meant to do it, but it appeared that way at the time. He seemed MUCH better on Personality Nation.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Has there already been a long discussion about how Victor is INFJ in an Ni-Ti loop? If not, this is my opinion. I don't know what type he identifies as, as it's not listed.

Nicodemus

Has there already been a long discussion about how Victor is INFJ in an Ni-Ti loop? If not, this is my opinion. I don't know what type he identifies as, as it's not listed.
Countless discussions. He typed himself INFP at one point, and that is still the most accepted idea about his type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]
I see far too much socionics Ni in your posts for me to believe you are SEE. I think either ESI-Se or EIE-Ni would be a much better fit for you.
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]
have you ever considered xSTJ? you come as much more down to earth (in terms of demeanor, hobbies and beliefs) and tend to view social structures systematically where consistency of system operations trumps individual concerns. for the record, part of the reason I thought of this was because you bear a striking resemblance to Erza from Fairy Tail :D (whom I believe is an ISTJ 1w9>6w5>3w4 Sp/Sx)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
have you ever considered xSTJ? you come as much more down to earth (in terms of demeanor, hobbies and beliefs) and tend to view social structures systematically where consistency of system operations trumps individual concerns. for the record, part of the reason I thought of this was because you bear a striking resemblance to Erza from Fairy Tail :D (whom I believe is an ISTJ 1w9>6w5>3w4 Sp/Sx)

My hobbies are scattered.. if I were to write them all they'd be an enormous list of things I've started and never completed. A hundred hundred incomplete, uneducated, and unskilled hobbies. I just can't seem to stick to things when they're only for fun.

And, much as I hate 'the system', I also understand some of its mechanics.. and no one is immune to it. Rebelling against the system, crying about it, working against the grain.. sometimes it is necessary to do those things, but they don't make what you NEED appear. If you got me started on the education system in America today I could talk until *you* were blue in the face, but that doesn't help anything really. What *I* want really doesn't matter. And knowing that really helps when you're an adult.

In the army, we have mass punishments all the time. One person fucks up, and the rest of us are out there fixing it. Why? Because it isn't just about you, even though you want it to be. You can't just BE good--you have to make sure that others around you are doing well as well. There's a community there, and that community needs to be active in one another's lives. You can't just lock up your vehicle, and then say "Okay! all done!" and skip home. You have to double check your shit, double check your buddy's shit, make sure someone of higher rank checks it, and cover the bases for everyone just to make sure you aren't inconvenienced by someone else's selfish "Well I just want to go home" attitude later.

Selfishness just doesn't really work in the real world all the time. I am a priority for myself, but because I am a priority, it only makes sense to do what is best for me both now and in the long run, even if that means working with a system I dislike. At the end of the day is pragmatic.. "I want x. So I have to jump through y hoops." but that's just sort of growing up. Even ENFPs have to grow up.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no type assignment too absurd to be earnestly made in this thread.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My hobbies are scattered.. if I were to write them all they'd be an enormous list of things I've started and never completed. A hundred hundred incomplete, uneducated, and unskilled hobbies. I just can't seem to stick to things when they're only for fun.
And, much as I hate 'the system', I also understand some of its mechanics.. and no one is immune to it. Rebelling against the system, crying about it, working against the grain.. sometimes it is necessary to do those things, but they don't make what you NEED appear. If you got me started on the education system in America today I could talk until *you* were blue in the face, but that doesn't help anything really. What *I* want really doesn't matter. And knowing that really helps when you're an adult.
In the army, we have mass punishments all the time. One person fucks up, and the rest of us are out there fixing it. Why? Because it isn't just about you, even though you want it to be. You can't just BE good--you have to make sure that others around you are doing well as well. There's a community there, and that community needs to be active in one another's lives. You can't just lock up your vehicle, and then say "Okay! all done!" and skip home. You have to double check your shit, double check your buddy's shit, make sure someone of higher rank checks it, and cover the bases for everyone just to make sure you aren't inconvenienced by someone else's selfish "Well I just want to go home" attitude later.
Selfishness just doesn't really work in the real world all the time. I am a priority for myself, but because I am a priority, it only makes sense to do what is best for me both now and in the long run, even if that means working with a system I dislike. At the end of the day is pragmatic.. "I want x. So I have to jump through y hoops." but that's just sort of growing up. Even ENFPs have to grow up.

- I work for a system I don't like as well, but that doesn't mean I don't critique it and offer suggestions. I guess the difference is, I view myself as cooperating with the system rather than being in the system. while I have no qualms about contributing my fair share of the work load agreed upon for my wages, it doesn't mean I feel responsible the results of the system as a whole unless it has to do with my position specifically (say, if I am the store manager rather than the cashier). I don't believe anyone has a moral responsibility to anything until they agree to it (for instance, deciding to have kids, agreeing to do a certain job or paying taxes because you have chosen to take advantage of government funded services)

- at the end of the day, I view institutions in a typically Social-last, capitalist fashion, ie, temporary collaborations between individuals, but entirely separate from the individuals themselves. learning to get along, compromise and cooperate are certainly necessary life skills, but rules are must often be overridden by more complicated situational factors (I referenced the court system earlier, I view this issue in the same light)

- in other words, you are a soldier; I am a mercenary. objectively, I can see the benefit of social unity (it makes things go smoother and alliances last longer), I can even understand how, on an emotional/spiritual level such unity can be deeply fulfilling for some people, but it's not for me. my contributions to society are going to be more indirect as the system itself is, in my mind, a means rather than an ends. while I believe both of our worldviews relating to society are mature, yours are mature in a more supergo STJ-ish fashion while mine are mature in more an Id NFP/NTJ-ish fashion

Lark

Victors dogmatic and dogged statement and restatement of pretty reductive liberalism is what I think of as SJ behaviour.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lark said:
dogmatic and dogged statement and restatement

Huh, interesting observation, Lark. Though I really doubt Victor's an SJ given the content of his posts - so much looping, so much linking, so much perspective alteration. N trends, not S data. I'm on board the NF train for him. INFx 6w5, maybe, which would go far in explaining SJesque behavior. Any chance you're a 6 too, [MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION]?

Mole

Permabanned
Huh, interesting observation, Lark. Though I really doubt Victor's an SJ given the content of his posts - so much looping, so much linking, so much perspective alteration. N trends, not S data. I'm on board the NF train for him. INFx 6w5, maybe, which would go far in explaining SJesque behavior. Any chance you're a 6 too, [MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION]?

By typing me, you avoid me as a person.

By typing me, you sell me short, and make me less than a person.

I can understand you might feel overwhelmed by me and so wish to reduce me to a type so you can handle me.

R

Riva

By typing me, you avoid me as a person.

By typing me, you sell me short, and make me less than a person.

I can understand you might feel overwhelmed by me and so wish to reduce me to a type so you can handle me.

Or maybe by typing you she is trying to understand you as a person.

By typing you, she makes you a person and not someone from the internet.

Most importantly by typing you she could probably be looking for a place to begin so to understand you as not everyone is a naturally gifted at reading people nor trained.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Victors dogmatic and dogged statement and restatement of pretty reductive liberalism is what I think of as SJ behaviour.

His black and white ethical thinking is probably due to Fi/Si loops, in my opinion.

Victor is kind of like me when I'm on one, but instead of constructing theories for why I think it, Victor just kind of ignores you and keeps repeating things or telling you unrelated stories about people who he admires, or who were molested by some religious person.

I think Victor is an INFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]
I see far too much socionics Ni in your posts for me to believe you are SEE. I think either ESI-Se or EIE-Ni would be a much better fit for you.
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]

ESI-Se, really? Hmm. I thought it was SEI that had Ni in Socionics. Like how ENFj has Fe/Te, SEI has Si/Ni.

That's why I don't type myself as ESFP in Jung, though I picked SEE-Fi in Socionics, because of too much Ni, and also because in real life, I really am not that talkative unless I know you and feel like talking.

I mostly just write a lot. It's always been one of my preferred forms of self-expression.

Oh by the way, I do type as INFj on actual Socionics tests a lot.

Wait, that's not right. You said ENFj, didn't you?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESI-Se, really? Hmm. I thought it was SEI that had Ni in Socionics. Like how ENFj has Fe/Te, SEI has Si/Ni.
no
ESI = ISFj = Fi/Se and Ni/Te

That's why I don't type myself as ESFP in Jung, though I picked SEE-Fi in Socionics, because of too much Ni, and also because in real life, I really am not that talkative unless I know you and feel like talking.
I mostly just write a lot. It's always been one of my preferred forms of self-expression.
makes sense, but in socionics, even for the Fi subtype, I think you would

Oh by the way, I do type as INFj on actual Socionics tests a lot.
you're definitely not INFj
INFj is a delta type. they use Fi/Ne and Si/Te. INFjs are much more sensitive and gentle and less outspoken (think [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION]. I'm pretty sure he's an INFj)

Wait, that's not right. You said ENFj, didn't you?
I did, you have a pretty ENFj-ish vibe to you

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no

INFj is a delta type. they use Fi/Ne and Si/Te. INFjs are much more sensitive and gentle and less outspoken (think [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION]. I'm pretty sure he's an INFj)

I am proud of you. <3

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or maybe by typing you she is trying to understand you as a person.

By typing you, she makes you a person and not someone from the internet.

Most importantly by typing you she could probably be looking for a place to begin so to understand you as not everyone is a naturally gifted at reading people nor trained.

Usually that doesn't happen from what I've seen... they're more likely to use your type as an anchor and then depending on their attitude of the said type, they adjust their behavior accordingly.

I'm with [MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION] on this one. I'd rather people read me through my posts and not some mumbo jumbo of letters and numbers.

R

Riva

Usually that doesn't happen from what I've seen... they're more likely to use your type as an anchor and then depending on their attitude of the said type, they adjust their behavior accordingly.

I'm with Victor on this one. I'd rather people read me through my posts and not some mumbo jumbo of letters and numbers.

As you wish.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
no

My best friend from high school is an ENFJ. She's a lot more dramatic in day to day life than I am, dressing exactly like they say the Hamlet description does, in high school she could apply moar black eyeliner without even looking in a mirror; she is naturally charming and popular and has a way of "handling" people that is distinctively Fe.

Not to say that she doesn't share my dark bitter cranky humor, but I honestly always thought she was better with people and she's always been much more preoccupied with socializing.

When she met me she said she found me intriguing or mysterious because it seemed like everyone knew who I was but no one really knew me, and she joked that I was a big loner, because I was sitting alone. Which is something I do all the time, even as an adult, in public places.

I don't think I'm an Fe dom, but I'll take your other suggestions into consideration, of course.

I've noticed that I always get Fi dom on everything to do with functions; INFj in Socionics is an Fi dom, and I nearly universally get INFP on MBTI style tests; as you say, I am not as gentle as the airy-fairy INFj or INFP Healer are supposed to be, which is something I acknowledge, and I think it's probably due to Se.

That's how I have come to the conclusion of my present type.

Fe takes energy from me, it's not my main function, it's something that requires focus for me to use, I almost wonder sometimes if people get offended because it does take so much more energy from me to respond to personal PMs than it does to be on forums.

Lark

His black and white ethical thinking is probably due to Fi/Si loops, in my opinion.

Victor is kind of like me when I'm on one, but instead of constructing theories for why I think it, Victor just kind of ignores you and keeps repeating things or telling you unrelated stories about people who he admires, or who were molested by some religious person.

I think Victor is an INFP.

Its a bit strange really, for a while I figured he was a dedicated believer in the meme theory, to the point were he was more concerned about generating the meme or circulating it than in any actual communication with others, maybe not, I dont know.