• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My inner INFP, much like my inner goddess, is doing the merengue with some salsa moves.

D:

My inner ISTJ summarily disposed of her reading materials after the whole tampon thing.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
D:

My inner ISTJ summarily disposed of her reading materials after the whole tampon thing.
:laugh:

Fun fact: My only direct experience with those books was when my friends and I decided to read the most awkward kink scenes aloud to one another in dramatic voices. (We were a bit under the influence at the time!)

(Meaning: I have never read one all the way through. Just snippets, for the lulz.)

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
fight? more like I calmly brought up a point, he sporadically attacked me and I flipped his ass judo style ;)
Edit: my 3 fix is showing :laugh:

Herp, not taking sides but I can't help to cackle a little >=3

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I heard NTJ's start up cleaning and cookery classes by age 24.
Classes? Who needs classes when there are books, the internet, and just plain common sense and our taste buds.

I'll level with you; the inclination towards certain activities has only a small amount to do with MBTI. Most people cook, clean and probably even do a little arts and crafts.
Ah, but how do people do these things - that is the real question.

I heard ESFJs start quoting Einstein when they turn 360.
Is one meant to infer some unspecified unit of time here? Or do you mean simply when they start spinning around in circles?

I would not presume to debate you. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end.

KDude

Could I be INFJ?

I just watched Skyfall.

I'm not nearly as badass. I'd probably let half of the people go that Bond chases through cities.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end.

An ounce of common sense would have dictated to never attempt to out-Nimoy an INTJ. :dont:

Anyways. In all likelihood, those unsure of their type are probably better off being baffled than handed a title they wouldn't want to let go of. I can't tell if the prejudices that people hold regarding type are propagated by the forums, or are built into the source material itself. They're unfortunate, however, as they get in the way of self-awareness and the growth that can accompany it. Then again, those kinds of platitudes sound a little condescending when you say these things and test as a more desirable type, I suppose. :/

...you sure I can't keep my auto-INTJ stamp? I'll give you 10% of the royalties for putting up with all the new money.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Could I be INFJ?

I just watched Skyfall.

I'm not nearly as badass. I'd probably let half of the people go that Bond chases through cities.

That would suck infjs are boring.In terms of kicking ass that is.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An ounce of common sense would have dictated to never attempt to out-Nimoy an INTJ. :dont:

Anyways. In all likelihood, those unsure of their type are probably better off being baffled than handed a title they wouldn't want to let go of. I can't tell if the prejudices that people hold regarding type are propagated by the forums, or are built into the source material itself. They're unfortunate, however, as they get in the way of self-awareness and the growth that can accompany it. Then again, those kinds of platitudes sound a little condescending when you say these things and test as a more desirable type, I suppose.
Probably some of both. Myers and Briggs tried to emphasize the system as describing healthy types, focusing on the strengths of each, with none better or worse than any other. Type descriptions and tests have proliferated since then, however, and many indeed have obvious biases. That being said, people (on forums or elsewhere) sometimes latch onto these and magnify them, or branch off into new forms of prejudice. Much of the problem is simply reading more into the system than is justified, failing to understand and observe its limits.

...you sure I can't keep my auto-INTJ stamp? I'll give you 10% of the royalties for putting up with all the new money.
Surely you do not fear children's stories . . .

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And Coriolis does it again!
Myers and Briggs tried to emphasize the system as describing healthy types, focusing on the strengths of each, with none better or worse than any other. Type descriptions and tests have proliferated since then, however, and many indeed have obvious biases. That being said, people (on forums or elsewhere) sometimes latch onto these and magnify them, or branch off into new forms of prejudice. Much of the problem is simply reading more into the system than is justified, failing to understand and observe its limits.
^ Someone needs to take this quote and do the online forum equivalent of framing it and putting it in a place of honor on the mantel. Maybe force n00bs to read it upon joining the forum.

Little_Sticks

^ Someone needs to take this quote and do the online forum equivalent of framing it and putting it in a place of honor on the mantel. Maybe force n00bs to read it upon joining the forum.

So who died and made you Yojimbo?

G

Ginkgo

[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION], you're an ESFJ. It's disappointing that someone purportedly knowledgeable about Jungian theory would come to the conclusion you have, but in the years I've been on this forum, I've yet to see even a glimmer of Ni in your posts. You still hold on to the idea that members of this forum troll you, presumably from your past forum experiences, considering your Si. I'm willing to bet that those experiences were marked by a significant absence of actual trolls, mostly on the basis that you perceive threats to your ethical schema not as objective fate, but as a personal vendetta against you and your values on behalf of your Fe. Your paranoia does not arise from hints about others' intentions as much as it does from a perceived slight, followed by a reference to the knowledge that the majority community historically opposes to your social values. Despite the abstract subject matter you peruse, the way you actually address posts and people on this forum is sluggishly matter-of-fact. In the cases that it's not matter-of-fact, it's value based.

At first, I heavily considered the possibility that you were a stressed Te dom in light of the fact that you tend to borrow information from numerous thinkers and writers, shifting from one reference to another rather than holding fast to a particular theory as it cranks itself out. You also weren't grammatically precise (grammatical precision being a typical manifestation of educated Ti behavior, even in those with inferior Ti). But then I pondered on your lack of reference to any sort of protocol for solving problems in real-time. You tend to just ask for the communities' opinion about current events or general philosophical matters, following up with a screening process for what posts resonate with your values or not. Only with a few members will you candidly toss these sorts of ideas around with, which in itself suggests a tendency to cooperate with those who fit snugly within your personal evaluations. Extraverted thinkers are more ambivalent of what they take in; if it doesn't compute, then there's another idea right around the corner. So why bother arbitrarily omitting a statement? Fi tends to come with a desire to not only abide by a particular code with integrity, but also see other things with their own integrity in mind, warts and all. I don't see that in you, judging from your compulsive habit of blocking people, many of whom wish to have a raw exchange of ideas or simply want to inquire about your worldview.

Before you say this post arose from a projection of mine, keep in mind that it didn't. Furthermore, saying so would sidestep the point, implicating you for preferring to address my person, rather than the Truth of the matter at hand. Either that, or you simply don't understand projection, which implicates you for not understanding Jungian theory as much as your posts might suggest. Disappointment either way.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION], you're an ESFJ. It's disappointing that someone purportedly knowledgeable about Jungian theory would come to the conclusion you have, but in the years I've been on this forum, I've yet to see even a glimmer of Ni in your posts. You still hold on to the idea that members of this forum troll you, presumably from your past forum experiences, considering your Si. I'm willing to bet that those experiences were marked by a significant absence of actual trolls, mostly on the basis that you perceive threats to your ethical schema not as objective fate, but as a personal vendetta against you and your values on behalf of your Fe. Your paranoia does not arise from hints about others' intentions as much as it does from a perceived slight, followed by a reference to the knowledge that the majority community historically opposes to your social values. Despite the abstract subject matter you peruse, the way you actually address posts and people on this forum is sluggishly matter-of-fact. In the cases that it's not matter-of-fact, it's value based.

At first, I heavily considered the possibility that you were a stressed Te dom in light of the fact that you tend to borrow information from numerous thinkers and writers, shifting from one reference to another rather than holding fast to a particular theory as it cranks itself out. You also weren't grammatically precise (grammatical precision being a typical manifestation of educated Ti behavior, even in those with inferior Ti). But then I pondered on your lack of reference to any sort of protocol for solving problems in real-time. You tend to just ask for the communities' opinion about current events or general philosophical matters, following up with a screening process for what posts resonate with your values or not. Only with a few members will you candidly toss these sorts of ideas around with, which in itself suggests a tendency to cooperate with those who fit snugly within your personal evaluations. Extraverted thinkers are more ambivalent of what they take in; if it doesn't compute, then there's another idea right around the corner. So why bother arbitrarily omitting a statement? Fi tends to come with a desire to not only abide by a particular code with integrity, but also see other things with their own integrity in mind, warts and all. I don't see that in you, judging from your compulsive habit of blocking people, many of whom wish to have a raw exchange of ideas or simply want to inquire about your worldview.

Before you say this post arose from a projection of mine, keep in mind that it didn't. Furthermore, saying so would sidestep the point, implicating you for preferring to address my person, rather than the Truth of the matter at hand. Either that, or you simply don't understand projection, which implicates you for not understanding Jungian theory as much as your posts might suggest. Disappointment either way.

I think he's ESTJ or ISTJ. he's too damn stern to be an Fe dom. Fe doms mince their words, try to make their message come across as pleasant and unimposing and try to appeal to your feelings to convince you of the rightness or something (either by appealing to nobler motives or guilt tripping, with varying degrees of subtly). compare him to [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION], a true ESFJ male. they are nothing alike.
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
I often wish MBTI put a little more emphasis on the negative sides of each type (both in normal circumstances as well as when distressed), the way reputable Enneagram authors do. unlike the Enneagram, MBTI is not a primarily weakness based system, but it would still benefit from a dose of that perspective (it would also be more engaging to read. a description of unhealthy ENFPs would get into some dark shit)

Lark

I dont think you're right about any of this.

Lark

I think he's ESTJ or ISTJ. he's too damn stern to be an Fe dom. Fe doms mince their words, try to make their message come across as pleasant and unimposing and try to appeal to your feelings to convince you of the rightness or something (either by appealing to nobler motives or guilt tripping, with varying degrees of subtly). compare him to [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION], a true ESFJ male. they are nothing alike.
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
I often wish MBTI put a little more emphasis on the negative sides of each type (both in normal circumstances as well as when distressed), the way reputable Enneagram authors do. unlike the Enneagram, MBTI is not a primarily weakness based system, but it would still benefit from a dose of that perspective (it would also be more engaging to read. a description of unhealthy ENFPs would get into some dark shit)

Yeah, I dont think this is right either but I think what you say about feeling makes sense, there are people who I believe are pretty unhealthy feelers who I've met in person who do precisely what you describe. On the other hand there are a lot of descriptions of feeling in reference to philosophy and spirituality which at times I am envious of but its not me and attempts to develop those traits and pursue those experiences have been pretty much fruitless.

The thing about sensing is that I dont actually experience that, I dont know how people can evidence sensing or intuition in posts on a forum and there's a bit of an emotional charge in Gingko's post which I dont get about trolling, its nearly like that's the nucleas of his post and he's built it out and up from there perhaps there's a conversation he'd like to have and it doesnt channel well through a discussion of type.

Anyway, so far as sensing goes, the best descriptions of it I've read, from Jung and most recently a book on the thinking style of Sherlock Holmes, its clear to me that I dont experience that automatically and if I have found myself doing so its been as a result of training or context which has raised my awareness. For instance a task or duty which requires a concentration upon detail.

I consider myself NT because I'm absorbed in the life of the mind, and to a certain extent spirit too, as I understand it. If I see works of art or take a walk the immediate stimulous material I'll be relating to theories, perspectives, thinking in a matrix style or perhaps I'll only be interested in those things in so far that they relate to certain theories, perspectives and thinking. If there's one major flaw in my character its not paranoia or anger its over cerebration, ie thinking too much or prefering to think than to do or to feeling and live.

Like I've said before a lot of people have seized upon a lot of the ideas which I've expressed when I've set out my stand or soap box on the forum and decided that it's a SJ irrational love of tradition, that I've got to fit the SJ guard house mode of operating. Its the tendency to begin with an idea and build out from there, evidence and rationalise it, rather than analyse it.

If I hold certain views its for NT reasons, although I'm not surprised that most people consider my views to be associated with feeling/emoting, irrational attachment, perhaps they are operating in contexts in which they are associated with those things or the people holding those views are or perhaps the views and their supporters are simply villified that way. If they've succeeded in villifying views that way they arent going to see how their own views may have that similar complection too. Splinters and planks wise.

W

WALMART

Lark not being Te goes against everything I understand about typology.

From the abstractions gleaned from others' thought, I also see nothing more than Ni.

So... yeah.

Yeah, I dont think this is right either but I think what you say about feeling makes sense, there are people who I believe are pretty unhealthy feelers who I've met in person who do precisely what you describe. On the other hand there are a lot of descriptions of feeling in reference to philosophy and spirituality which at times I am envious of but its not me and attempts to develop those traits and pursue those experiences have been pretty much fruitless.

The thing about sensing is that I dont actually experience that, I dont know how people can evidence sensing or intuition in posts on a forum and there's a bit of an emotional charge in Gingko's post which I dont get about trolling, its nearly like that's the nucleas of his post and he's built it out and up from there perhaps there's a conversation he'd like to have and it doesnt channel well through a discussion of type.

Anyway, so far as sensing goes, the best descriptions of it I've read, from Jung and most recently a book on the thinking style of Sherlock Holmes, its clear to me that I dont experience that automatically and if I have found myself doing so its been as a result of training or context which has raised my awareness. For instance a task or duty which requires a concentration upon detail.

I consider myself NT because I'm absorbed in the life of the mind, and to a certain extent spirit too, as I understand it. If I see works of art or take a walk the immediate stimulous material I'll be relating to theories, perspectives, thinking in a matrix style or perhaps I'll only be interested in those things in so far that they relate to certain theories, perspectives and thinking. If there's one major flaw in my character its not paranoia or anger its over cerebration, ie thinking too much or prefering to think than to do or to feeling and live.

Like I've said before a lot of people have seized upon a lot of the ideas which I've expressed when I've set out my stand or soap box on the forum and decided that it's a SJ irrational love of tradition, that I've got to fit the SJ guard house mode of operating. Its the tendency to begin with an idea and build out from there, evidence and rationalise it, rather than analyse it.

If I hold certain views its for NT reasons, although I'm not surprised that most people consider my views to be associated with feeling/emoting, irrational attachment, perhaps they are operating in contexts in which they are associated with those things or the people holding those views are or perhaps the views and their supporters are simply villified that way. If they've succeeded in villifying views that way they arent going to see how their own views may have that similar complection too. Splinters and planks wise.

To be fair, NTJ's and STJ's can be equally dogmatic in character. Both are also prone to live internally at equal rates, and etcetera.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's not impossible you're typed correctly. it could just be that your Enneagram tritype (1, 2 and 6) is superego so you seem more SJ. you do remind me of another 1-2-6 trityper who I'm pretty sure is an ENTJ.