• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What type do you really think that you are?
^INTP 5w6>9w8>?w? Sp/So
5w6 INTP.

Elfboy was reffering to me in the is the member above you accurately typed thread and Speed Gavroche was talking about my type in a 5w6 vs 5w4 ISTP/INTP thread about me and, in all honesty, I think they could be right.

After all, Elf and Speed are the renowned typing experts of the forum, so trust their judgment I will.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is a difference between confidence and expertise :D

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think that the categories, the system, and the functions are well-defined. Off the top of my head -- there's not even agreement on whether we use all eight cognitive functions; how much in lock-step order the shadow functions play out; the accuracy of Berens' Interaction Styles; and so on.

All models are wrong, but some are useful. I'm not so concerned about the details as long as there is consensus around the general thrust of the categories (i.e., functions, types), which makes practical application possible.

We don't understand typology well--or, at least, we have vastly different understandings of typology. If had a common understanding, we wouldn't still be theorizing about the system to the degree that we do.

Again, you seem to be confusing typology and psychology. What we don't understand is human behavior, not the models we've constructed to decipher it, or they'd be useless models. I'm not arguing that any existing typological system perfectly captures all the nuances of human behavior, but they can offer some meaningful insights. Regardless of the doubts you've presented here, you clearly subscribe to what I've just said on some level or you wouldn't be on a site like this.

I can't find in this exchange where anyone has actually said that this is a put-down. Can you point that one out to me?

You said that my comments in my initial post regarding my interactions with mistyped Ts contradicted what I said later about it being unfortunate that type coveting is a thing on this site. I wasn't sure how else to take your comment except to assume you figured I was making some sort of negative judgement regarding Feelers ability to logical or objective.

Elf thought I was ENTP. :shrug:
FWIW, the Ne is fairly strong in you.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION] is an ENTJ.

A

Anew Leaf

Well, based on the new loose definitions of type, I guess I can be whatever type I choose now!! It's type anarchy!! AMGS!!!

G

garbage

All models are wrong, but some are useful. I'm not so concerned about the details as long as there is consensus around the general thrust of the categories (i.e., functions, types), which makes practical application possible.

Again, you seem to be confusing typology and psychology. What we don't understand is human behavior, not the models we've constructed to decipher it, or they'd be useless models. I'm not arguing that any existing typological system perfectly captures all the nuances of human behavior, but they can offer some meaningful insights.
No confusion. I'm flat-out stating that we don't understand the models that have been constructed to decipher human behavior, at least to the degree that we seek to apply them. And also that we don't understand human behavior.
Regardless of the doubts you've presented here, you clearly subscribe to what I've just said on some level or you wouldn't be on a site like this.
Why I'm on a site like this is immaterial.
You said that my comments in my initial post regarding my interactions with mistyped Ts contradicted what I said later about it being unfortunate that type coveting is a thing on this site. I wasn't sure how else to take your comment except to assume you figured I was making some sort of negative judgement regarding Feelers ability to logical or objective.
So it's less "insistence" and more "sort of, kind of implied, maybe."

For the record, (a) my point was that the judgments were incorrect and exaggerated; not that they were negative; and (b) my point also wasn't directed at you per se--because we've clearly got an impasse there--but as part of this overarching, ongoing discussion.

And you are obviously too rational to be a Feeler, and too energetic in your posting style to be an introvert. So, ENTJ.
:popc1:
:mad: :mad:
You just had to go and get your little barbs in, didn't you :mad:

That's what Te does, isn't it!? It just doesn't give a fuck, does it? :nono:

Well, let me tell you something. I'm going to get you back--in spades. You're not even going to see the social manipulation coming. You're going to wonder why everyone's turned against you, started e-talking about you behind your back all of a sudden. You Thinkers are so oblivious to that social game--it's like you have some sort of neural chip missing--so, guess what? It's going to be easy.

I'm sick of all of this hardassed, overly-critical, Thinking bullshit. It has to end right here and right now.

That's what you get for hurting my feelings. Don't fuck with me.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, based on the new loose definitions of type, I guess I can be whatever type I choose now!! It's type anarchy!! AMGS!!!

Does that mean I'm ESFP or ENTP? Woot!!!

A

Anew Leaf

Does that mean I'm ESFP or ENTP? Woot!!!

Pfft, facts don't matter! Be whatever you want to be! You would make a bad ass ExxP type breaking the mold of definitions so hard they would be powder before your glory.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pfft, facts don't matter! Be whatever you want to be! You would make a bad ass ExxP type breaking the mold of definitions so hard they would be powder before your glory.

But what if I AM ESFP or ENTP? It could be true if I've been in a perpetual shadow!!:happy2:

A

Anew Leaf

But what if I AM ESFP or ENTP? It could be true if I've been in a perpetual shadow!!:happy2:

You very well could be! You know what would solve this? Just research a type, any type, and claim it as your own for no other reason than you can.

Go out and conquer, my dear, go out and CONQUER.

P.s. You will need jellybeans and spray paint.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You very well could be! You know what would solve this? Just research a type, any type, and claim it as your own for no other reason than you can.

Go out and conquer, my dear, go out and CONQUER.

P.s. You will need jellybeans and spray paint.

I see I have shopping to do tonight. :ninja:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a leather jacket and a motorcycle. Come around 9 or 10? I shall help thee. I'm ENTJ so I can shoot fireballs out of my eyes and may prove useful.

haha!!! I already HAVE a leather jacket (you know, ESFP's and ENTP's always do). So I'm one step ahead of you!! But your fireballs will indeed prove useful.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No confusion. I'm flat-out stating that we don't understand the models that have been constructed to decipher human behavior, at least to the degree that we seek to apply them. And also that we don't understand human behavior.

For the record, (a) my point was that the judgments were incorrect and exaggerated; not that they were negative; and (b) my point also wasn't directed at you per se--because we've clearly got an impasse there--but as part of this overarching, ongoing discussion.

Well, let me tell you something. I'm going to get you back--in spades. You're not even going to see the social manipulation coming. You're going to wonder why everyone's turned against you, started e-talking about you behind your back all of a sudden. You Thinkers are so oblivious to that social game--it's like you have some sort of neural chip missing--so, guess what? It's going to be easy.

I'm sick of all of this hardassed, overly-critical, Thinking bullshit. It has to end right here and right now.

Since you just performed a biting parody of how Fi dom/aux tend to see Fe, you obviously must be one of them (the Fi users that is). I say ISFP. Case closed.

A

Anew Leaf

Did you install a passive aggressive widget to the site without announcing it? Because I fail to see how this is a productive contribution towards creating peace throughout the galaxy.