• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Lark

Lol, people still try to reason with Lark. Si fail.

I'm unsure what you mean by that. To be honest I dont see a lot of reasoning on this forum, its one of the things which bothers me about most of my interaction with forum members here. Someone did notice it a while back and list the amount of people with present or pending diagnosis of mental health needs telling me there wasnt much point to pursuing interaction with most of the members of the forum but I'd discounted it at the time.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm unsure what you mean by that. To be honest I dont see a lot of reasoning on this forum, its one of the things which bothers me about most of my interaction with forum members here.
This has been my complaint for some time.
Someone did notice it a while back and list the amount of people with present or pending diagnosis of mental health needs telling me there wasnt much point to pursuing interaction with most of the members of the forum but I'd discounted it at the time.
Interesting. Really?

W

WALMART

Eh, I dunno. It is what it is. It's about the same as it has always been, but with more or less collective consciousness compared to other times. I'm more worried about the biosphere. It hurts me because it and I are part of one organism.

Why do you think you are not Fi or Ne-dom?

Well, NFJ's are NF's and also Ni users, so your statements are somewhat inconsistent. I wasn't really serious about the first thing, as I'm not 100% certain of anything; feeling right is just an intuitive hunch and not definitive proof.

Yeah, I meant NFP's. Oops. They have two subjective primary functions, so it makes for a pretty self-trusting experience.

Something I know to be true is more important; but if it is only an intuitive thing, it's a vague interpretation of facts; that is, in applying it and defining it, it could change in its expression with new relevant information. So if objective information is inconsistent with what I already know, I look at the underlying concepts and decide if they are in conflict, then sort it out logically and see which is true.

Hm. More thoughts, but nothing all that indicative. I'm kinda feeling out what questions do and don't work for future use.

W

WALMART

I'm unsure what you mean by that. To be honest I dont see a lot of reasoning on this forum, its one of the things which bothers me about most of my interaction with forum members here. Someone did notice it a while back and list the amount of people with present or pending diagnosis of mental health needs telling me there wasnt much point to pursuing interaction with most of the members of the forum but I'd discounted it at the time.

I provided a fair bit of reasoning into your type which was not countered. Instead you chose pick into wordier arguments. I wonder if you felt I did not provide enough substance.

Lark

This has been my complaint for some time.

Interesting. Really?

Yeah, I was surprised at what they listed when they said so, the whole gummit of personality problems and mood disorders, they seemed to think there was much more but these were just those who'd been most open about what they were experiencing and posted threads or blogs about it. I wouldnt consider it a flaw, more a trait or just one of those things, if anyone was experiencing those things, I've got diabetes and consider it in the same order of things.

Although they were suggesting that it made the value of what anyone had to say questionable, although they seemed to be in a bad mood at the time too, so far as its possible to tell with online posts. I contacted someone else who doesnt visit much anymore and asked their opinion about it, in part because they posted such great stuff and possessed a great deal of insight when they did, and they suggested that it was likely that people perceive the forum as much reasons of their own, ie how they were feeling or copeing, as how it objectively was.

I dont think there's much reasoning goes on no, which says something because I'm inclined to a view of the over riding power of affect anyway, plus a culture which does little to diminish it or control it making for norms of projection, rationalisation, transference etc. in any interaction, ie not much reason, in any case.

Lark

I provided a fair bit of reasoning into your type with was not countered. Instead you chose pick into wordier arguments. I wonder if you felt I did not provide enough substance.

:huh: I'm afraid I did not see your post, at least I dont recall it :blush:

Sorry man.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually wouldnt venture to type you with the limited information that I have, I just dont believe that your posts in this thread strike me as being very ENTJ as I understand the ENTJ type.

You're welcome to ask me whatever you need to to arrive at a proper conclusion.

I've read more about that type than any other given that I've consistently come out with that type in tests. So while I may not understand what you or others have said about Fe or Fi or Te or Ti etc. I do have a clear enough picture of how ENTJs choose to communicate, reach conclusions, deal with opposition or disagreement and seek or do not seek validation of their opinions.

You're absolutely correct. Most ENTJ descriptions jive with me in a very limited way. The only one that I've ever read that resonated was the one at Best Fit Type, which felt like something I could have written myself. Due to that fact, I've frequently questioned my own type, and wondered if there might be something that's more suitable. And after much research there's just nothing that makes more sense for me, even though I'd be content being virtually anything else.

None of which really correspond to how you've posted, certainly not your final one. Perhaps you'd anticipated a different response from me or were playing a game. I dont know. What I do know is it certainly didnt strike me as a very ENTJ post. Maybe some of what you've said to me applies as well to yourself or better? Do you think its likely that you've been projecting?

I was doing my best to remain civil because my goal was ultimately to have what I thought heard. That's it. That's all. I'm not a male NTJ, and don't feel the need to engage you nor anyone else in silly he-man games as a result. To be a woman and to be effective means a very different thing than to be a man and want to do the same. And ultimately all I ever want is to ensure that the things I want to happen, occur.

Now let's discuss why my type has even come up at all. In all honesty, I think the primary reason that you don't feel I'm ENTJ has nothing to do with what I've said or how I've represented myself, and everything to do with the fact that you would not do the same if our positions were reversed. There is a reason for that. We are not the same type.

Now it's possible neither of us are ENTJ, or you're ENTJ and I'm ESFJ, or even that we're both ducks. But what is most likely is that you are ESFJ and I am ENTJ. I've already spent too much of my Sunday explaining to you why that is, so I won't rehash it. In the meanwhile, you or one of the "numerous people who've repped you" about me being mistyped are more than welcome to air out whatever feelings they have about me. If they're not I'm just going to assume they either a)don't exist, or b) are a bunch of passive agressive pussies who are beneath notice in any case.

Their choice.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, people still try to reason with Lark. Si fail.

Yeah. I'm blaming the Fi "I'm a special butterfly and therefore the rules that affect other people don't apply to me" fairy on this one for me. :dont: I don't know what everyone elses excuse is, though.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you think you are not Fi or Ne-dom?
Not Fi because I've read a lot of what Fi and Fe dom/aux have written and the Fi ones are either somewhat or completely different most of the time, while the Fe ones are most of the time spot on. Also from the descriptions of Fe and Fi Fe fits more. The Fi doms I've met irl process emotions and feeling judgments in a different way than I. I've analyzed what each function can apply to and in what way using my own logic and intuition, and determined that my feeling characteristics are much more Fe.

Ne dom, well, since I feel like Ne and Ni fit about the same, that could be as well.

Yeah, I meant NFP's. Oops. They have two subjective primary functions, so it makes for a pretty self-trusting experience.
I always trust my intuition, but overall I'm constantly second guessing myself. Especially my feelings.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Ive decided it is better to keep ones type a secret from the forum in terms of it being visual next to your name.

Except for enneagram, no one seems to mind as much about ennea. /exaggeration

Lark

You're welcome to ask me whatever you need to to arrive at a proper conclusion.

You're absolutely correct. Most ENTJ descriptions jive with me in a very limited way. The only one that I've ever read that resonated was the one at Best Fit Type, which felt like something I could have written myself. Due to that fact, I've frequently questioned my own type, and wondered if there might be something that's more suitable. And after much research there's just nothing that makes more sense for me, even though I'd be content being virtually anything else.

I was doing my best to remain civil because my goal was ultimately to have what I thought heard. That's it. That's all. I'm not a male NTJ, and don't feel the need to engage you nor anyone else in silly he-man games as a result. To be a woman and to be effective means a very different thing than to be a man and want to do the same. And ultimately all I ever want is to ensure that the things I want to happen, occur.

Now let's discuss why my type has even come up at all. In all honesty, I think the primary reason that you don't feel I'm ENTJ has nothing to do with what I've said or how I've represented myself, and everything to do with the fact that you would not do the same if our positions were reversed. There is a reason for that. We are not the same type.

Now it's possible neither of us are ENTJ, or you're ENTJ and I'm ESFJ, or even that we're both ducks. But what is most likely is that you are ESFJ and I am ENTJ. I've already spent too much of my Sunday explaining to you why that is, so I won't rehash it. In the meanwhile, you or one of the "numerous people who've repped you" about me being mistyped are more than welcome to air out whatever feelings they have about me. If they're not I'm just going to assume they either a)don't exist, or b) are a bunch of passive agressive pussies who are beneath notice in any case.

Their choice.

:laugh:

OK, well I reckon that post is a good one, hope your resistance and rationalisations dont screw with you too much outside of online forums.

I'm fairly sure I'm not an ESFJ, the plethora of posts which required lots and lots of rationalisation as opposed to, well, just being self-evident sort of say why, and unlike yourself most of the descriptions of ENTJ jive pretty well with me and each of those functions I'm pretty sure I use consistently. That remark was a bit sexist about men BTW, funny in a sort of unintentional way.

Lark

Yeah. I'm blaming the Fi "I'm a special butterfly and therefore the rules that affect other people don't apply to me" fairy on this one for me. :dont: I don't know what everyone elses excuse is, though.

:laugh: :laugh:

So how long have you felt like a butterfly?

Lark

I always trust my intuition, but overall I'm constantly second guessing myself. Especially my feelings.

I've tried to develop my feeling function but its not me, I read a lot about art and music and I know people who have integrated feelings really well. I think feeling has a bad rap to be honest, as someone who'd like to improve my use of it I think its great.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION], are you content with INTJ? If not, what do you think of Fi and Fe as they apply to you?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've tried to develop my feeling function but its not me, I read a lot about art and music and I know people who have integrated feelings really well. I think feeling has a bad rap to be honest, as someone who'd like to improve my use of it I think its great.

Yeah, I've had to develop it a lot myself, which is something I've tried to communicate to people. I could still be a feeler to be certain, but when I was a teenager I was feeling-retarded. I repressed all my emotions, and I wasn't even good at acting happy and excited. That's not an INFP-ish thing, but I was not at my healthiest either. I didn't like feeling because the only examples of feeling types in my life then were very irrational and irritating people, so I've definitely had the anti-feeling bias. The more I develop feeling the more I like it, but I know that feeling=irrationality belief is partly still there. It's been a challenge to feel and still remain in balance.

Lark

Yeah, I've had to develop it a lot myself, which is something I've tried to communicate to people. I could still be a feeler to be certain, but when I was a teenager I was feeling-retarded. I repressed all my emotions, and I wasn't even good at acting happy and excited. That's not an INFP-ish thing, but I was not at my healthiest either. I didn't like feeling because the only examples of feeling types in my life then were very irrational and irritating people, so I've definitely had the anti-feeling bias. The more I develop feeling the more I like it, but I know that feeling=irrationality belief is partly still there. It's been a challenge to feel and still remain in balance.

I think there's a general anti-feelings bias but among the working classes or poorer people, especially here there's a big "hard" culture, which is short hand for hard hearted or tough and unfeeling. Although that said teenage years can be like this too I think, all that unconsciously dealing with fear by becoming the thing you fear.

I regret my teenage years.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there's a general anti-feelings bias but among the working classes or poorer people, especially here there's a big "hard" culture, which is short hand for hard hearted or tough and unfeeling. Although that said teenage years can be like this too I think, all that unconsciously dealing with fear by becoming the thing you fear.

I regret my teenage years.
Yeah, I agree. And that could explain why I like thug rap. :p

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive decided it is better to keep ones type a secret from the forum in terms of it being visual next to your name.

Except for enneagram, no one seems to mind as much about ennea. /exaggeration

Well, it depends on the type of enneagram as to whether or not they get ticked (Fours might be more prone to being offended, and the "identity" minded types). But typically enneagram doesn't really dictate so specifically what your main modes of processing happen to be in the way that MBTI does.

G

Ginkgo

Although that said teenage years can be like this too I think, all that unconsciously dealing with fear by becoming the thing you fear.

batman_gun_tdkr.jpg

G

garbage

It is only if there was any sort of judgement attached to the fact that the average Feeler is typically less likely to rely on logic and more likely to take things personally than the average Thinker. What's wrong with making an appeal to ethos or pathos before logos? What I take exception to is when people are clearly appealing to the former two, and expect it to be taken as the latter. That's troublesome to me.
[...]
My point was less about misconceptions and more about misplaced values. Ideally, we wouldn't disparage the Feeling viewpoint such that Feelers felt they had to be anything but themselves. The contempt in my previous post was leveled squarely at pretenders--those with a clear preference for Fe or Fi trying pass off those things as Te or Ti who get butt hurt when you make the mistake of treating them like you would another Thinker.
I'm going to have a hard time phrasing my thoughts here, but I'll give it a shot.

It boils down to the sentiment of: if we didn't pre-judge every member of the type as though they were what we conceive of as the average member of the type, we wouldn't be dissuading folks from labeling themselves as such-and-such a type.

To that end, your statements here about the average are arguably true. But statistical syllogisms are nasty, nasty beasts and can lead us to faulty conclusions about individual members of a set. Sometimes, those conclusions are subconscious and so they only indirectly affect our interactions, but they still ought to be called out and checked.

Think of it this way: me masquarading, for instance, as a an ENFJ. I'd go around and being as blunt and oblivious to social cues as I usually am, doing my Te/Fi thing, and basically bastardizing the whole Fe-thing in the meanwhile. And if you or any of the other ENFJs on the site came across me being as blatantly not Fe as I am, I think you'd fully be within rights to be annoyed enough to call me out on it.
This gives me the opportunity to rephrase the above in a different way.

If one labels themselves as an ENFJ and they act in non-ENFJ ways, and if we treat type as an objective construct (laffo), there are a few possible explanations. Either they're not ENFJ, or our definition of "ENFJ" and "non-ENFJ" are off-kilter and need to be adjusted.

We're not as open to that second possibility as we ought to be, and I believe that it's much higher than we think. Our working definitions are probably too narrow.

After all, sentiments such as
You're absolutely correct. Most ENTJ descriptions jive with me in a very limited way.
indicate that those who write descriptions--and also, presumably, most of us--know jack shit about what it actually means to be a certain type, or at least how broad the types actually are.