• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP? I'm pretty sure I'm an N, but not sure I'm not an extrovert. So ENTP might be correct. Why do you think S? Or are you joking?

That's what she said.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Is this why you think I'm ESTP, UniqueMixture? lol

Yes, exactly. But now you have me wondering if you are ESFJ.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, exactly. But now you have me wondering if you are ESFJ.

Pff. Nonsense.

And I meant to say "That's what he said;" that's what I was thinking, and it would be more appropriate. I forget people aren't in my mind. Not that most people would want to be there.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] is INTP with well developed Ni. I don't think you are S, because you don't seem to be concerned with the mundane world that much. You like to be in your head and dream and think; but I think you are going through a phase where you are developing your S functions. You also act more extroverted sometimes, but I also think it is a phase of development.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok. I've tentatively decided on iNfj for now, so you can all feel happy and secure in the image of me as an NF. The box isn't a bad fit, even if parts of me stick out sometimes. It's warm and comfortable in here; the INTX box was starting to feel cold and hard.

Edit: [MENTION=10808]andante[/MENTION], [MENTION=16048]Pseudo[/MENTION], [MENTION=8827]copperfish17[/MENTION], etc. (anyone else who has a problem with me being INTX), any of you got a problem with INFJ? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Last edited:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok. I've tentatively decided on iNfj for now, so you can all feel happy and secure in the image of me as an NF. The box isn't a bad fit, even if parts of me stick out sometimes. It's warm and comfortable in here; the INTX box was starting to feel cold and hard.
A sign, perhaps, that you are on the right track. It does not feel that way to those of us for whom it is the best fit.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Edit: [MENTION=10808]andante[/MENTION], [MENTION=16048]Pseudo[/MENTION], [MENTION=8827]copperfish17[/MENTION], etc. (anyone else who has a problem with me being INTX), any of you got a problem with INFJ? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

It was always my opinion that you were some kind of NF. Even the mention of having to "fit into boxes" is very NF.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was always my opinion that you were some kind of NF. Even the mention of having to "fit into boxes" is very NF.

So any NF will do? Good.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even the mention of having to "fit into boxes" is very NF.

I disagree. But would like you to elaborate on your thoughts.

Fitting in, or not wanting to fit in is a motive, not a cognitive process as far as I can tell. In other words .. Enneagram as opposed to JCF.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree. But would like you to elaborate on your thoughts.

Fitting in, or not wanting to fit in is a motive, not a cognitive process as far as I can tell. In other words .. Enneagram as opposed to JCF.

Thanks for agreeing. It seems everything that isn't blatantly NT is NF. As far as my motivation for not fitting into boxes: as I've said many times, I started out really wanting to fit into a box, because I like to categorize things. I just see the big picture when I think, and ultimately it didn't work. Now I've been forced to mostly abandon the idea of putting people into boxes in general.

And about Enneagram in regards to me: 5w4 is just a guess. I really have no idea. But I'm curious as to which number you are thinking this corresponds to.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for agreeing. It seems everything that isn't blatantly NT is NF. As far as my motivation for not fitting into boxes: as I've said many times, I started out really wanting to fit into a box, because I like to categorize things. I just see the big picture when I think, and ultimately it didn't work. Now I've been forced to mostly abandon the idea of putting people in boxes in general.

We have Kiersey, MBTI and their stereotypes to thank for this. MBTI is based on studying individuals and adds an element of behaviour of the most stereotypical Etype+JCF type combination. E.G. ESFJ and Type 2 are heavily correlated. Type 7 and EP are extremely well correlated.

The problem occurs when one has an uncommon JCF and Enneagram combination [Mental illnesses also play a role btw - I have a couple which keep me from typing myself accurately as well]. There's no complete description out there for people who have an uncommon combination. This is something I've observed the most amongst Fe-Ti individuals who seem to have the hardest time --- especially if they have a 4 in their Enneagram somewhere.

The best way to go about analysing your brain is to separate the motivations [Enneagram] from the thought processing [JCF] - and of course keep in mind any disorders, traumas etc that may be further influencing difficulty in perfect relating to descriptions.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fitting in or not doing so is a goal. Why does someone want to fit in? In what sense, and in what setting? As far as I understand, the basic need for affiliation is a human quality. It is in how we interpret and pursue it that our differences are manifest.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We have Kiersey, MBTI and their stereotypes to thank for this. MBTI is based on studying individuals and adds an element of behaviour of the most stereotypical Etype+JCF type combination. E.G. ESFJ and Type 2 are heavily correlated. Type 7 and EP are extremely well correlated.

The problem occurs when one has an uncommon JCF and Enneagram combination [Mental illnesses also play a role btw - I have a couple which keep me from typing myself accurately as well]. There's no complete description out there for people who have an uncommon combination. This is something I've observed the most amongst Fe-Ti individuals who seem to have the hardest time --- especially if they have a 4 in their Enneagram somewhere.

The best way to go about analysing your brain is to separate the motivations [Enneagram] from the thought processing [JCF] - and of course keep in mind any disorders, traumas etc that may be further influencing difficulty in perfect relating to descriptions.

That's a good point! I hadn't really thought much about relating the two systems (but that's only because I have little interest in Enneagram).

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Edit: etc. (anyone else who has a problem with me being INTX), any of you got a problem with INFJ? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

FWIW, I always pegged you as an NFP. Leaning towards INFP. Going off of my rather pat heuristic that anyone who vascilates too much around type is probably a P, and more specifically an FP. You also come off as Ne>Ni.

G

garbage

We have Kiersey, MBTI and their stereotypes to thank for this. MBTI is based on studying individuals and adds an element of behaviour of the most stereotypical Etype+JCF type combination.
For this reason, I personally divorce the 'JCF type system' from 'MBTI' since the latter focuses much more on behavior. We lump JCF, MBTI, and Kiersey together into the same system, and I'm not sure why because it muddies the water way too much.

[Mental illnesses also play a role btw - I have a couple which keep me from typing myself accurately as well].
Same here. It's a bit frustrating in those moments where I decide to try to take it somewhat seriously.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fitting in or not doing so is a goal. Why does someone want to fit in? In what sense, and in what setting? As far as I understand, the basic need for affiliation is a human quality. It is in how we interpret and pursue it that our differences are manifest.

But to set a goal, one has to have a motive, right? If I don't have any motive to fit in, or not to fit in, then I wouldn't establish that as a goal in the first place.

JCF is a system of preferred evaluations ... making decisions ... reaching conclusions. Anyone can reach any decision/conclusion ... One needs to more closely analyse how they do it and what they prefer as opposed to specifically what they actually do.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a good point! I hadn't really thought much about relating the two systems (but that's only because I have little interest in Enneagram).

I didn't see the correlations till I studied both systems simultaneously. I kept reference points. I broke apart the entire plathora of descriptions of all JCF's, Enneagrams, MBTI, Kiersey, Lenore THomson and Naomi Quenk and mentally noted all the over-laps, broke them down further into categories of which description is the strongest for which particular type and then finally applied the ones that I most prefer as thought processes and exhibit as repeated patterns of behaviour across my life.

And the problem is that I still couldn't come up with the best-fit type ... which I've left to ENTP Type 4w3 sx/sp [with 5w4 and 8w9 fixes] at this point.

Mind you ... this is before I realized that a lot of my behaviour and even thought processes are still greatly influenced due to PTSD and rapid cycling Bipolar I.

I like the complexity of the systems themselves and breaking them down in itself has been a satisfying experience for me. That alone helped me grow and understand myself better in the end :)

G

Ginkgo

Those who fit in best don't try to fit in. I think they just wind up affiliating with a group because they are passionate about something else.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But to set a goal, one has to have a motive, right? If I don't have any motive to fit in, or not to fit in, then I wouldn't establish that as a goal in the first place.

JCF is a system of preferred evaluations ... making decisions ... reaching conclusions. Anyone can reach any decision/conclusion ... One needs to more closely analyse how they do it and what they prefer as opposed to specifically what they actually do.
Exactly. That is my point. It is not about behavior, but about the whys and hows, even in MBTI. Why does someone want (or not want) to fit in? In what way do they want to fit in? What does "fitting in" mean to them? What kind of group do they want to fit into, and where do they actually feel comfortable? What are they willing to do/sacrifice to fit in? How do they feel/react if rejected or eventually kicked out? As I mentioned on some thread (here?), any type can exhibit any behavior, but will have different reasons and methods for doing so.