• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Circle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, it's often hard for people to be objective when answering these tests, but they can still be powerful to those that can. He made those tests in like 2 minutes, I don't think that's the right way to take these tests. You have to contemplate the questions as objectively as possibly to gain the best insights. Also, it is easy to be biased by recent experiences to answer differently than which would be true to yourself.

I've tested as more extraverted before and as more Perceiving, but in general reliably intuitive.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've tested as more extraverted before and as more Perceiving, but in general reliably intuitive.

For me N and P and these kind of tests can fluctuate to S and J.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It doesn't seem very reliable. Doesn't seem possible for personality to actually change? Although, why not?

Here ia a message someone on Youtube wrote me regarding changing my type from INTP to ISTP:

You can not change your type. You are either one or the other. You can switch temporaritly and dabble in the other side, but that drains you and at the end of the day your true colors will show. I worked at a museum giving shows and classes. I had to be very extroverted and talk to lots of people. I was very good at this. But at the end of the day I was zonked and I could only do this part time not full time. Was I an ENTJ? Not at all. I can play the role but it's not permanent. INTP and ISTP have very different functions.
INTP is the Architet with Ti, Ne, Si Fe
ISTP is the Mechanic with Ti, Se, Ni, Fe

You're both analitical for being lead introverted thinkers but where the INTP bakes on the idea and keeps it theoretical ISTP wants to jump in the car and BE the test dummie because of his extroverted sensing second. ISTP's are more competitive and athletic because of this. They're also system builders third and don't use much intution because of this. INTP has extroverted intuition second. Very important for creativity, dreaming, pulling ideas from outer space. ISTP can not do this. This is the big difference in the two. This is too radical of a change to make permenantly unless you've been ISTP all along and need to really revaluate yourself and be introspective. I highly doubt that by the videos I've seen and how verbose you are. Not an ISTP trait.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't seem very reliable. Doesn't seem possible for personality to actually change? Although, why not?

Well, it's also important to answer truthfully to your current self, and not be influenced by ideals.

This is why self-typing is also often 'discouraged'. Or at least, it should not just be accepted and be subject to scrutinazation until you are sure that your type is your type.

As for changing types, I don't think it is impossible, but I doubt it's healthy.

Circle

MBTI Type
INFJ
It feels wrong to assume that a type can account for who we are. It's fun to play with, but if we take it too seriously it seems like we might run the risk of being defined or holding ourself to a way of thinking.

Circle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, it's also important to answer truthfully to your current self, and not be influenced by ideals.

That would seem to make it even less reliable. Ideals are more fixed than a current emotional state.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That would seem to make it even less reliable. Ideals are more fixed than a current emotional state.

Not if you can see through the questions and your answers of said questions properly. But it's true there are probably plenty of people that are just unable to type themselves based on these tests.

It feels wrong to assume that a type can account for who we are. It's fun to play with, but if we take it too seriously it seems like we might run the risk of being defined or holding ourself to a way of thinking.

Treat MBTI as a tool, not a bench.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't follow you. A tool for what, a bench for what?

A tool to improve with, not a bench to sit on.

edit: Sorry, bit distracted by irl life so im not being very clear. But we all constantly evolve throughout our lives. It's counter-productive to find your type and feel like that's it. But finding out your type and going on from there can bare many fruits.

Circle

MBTI Type
INFJ
A tool to improve with, not a bench to sit on.

edit: Sorry, bit distracted by irl life so im not being very clear. But we all constantly evolve throughout our lives. It's counter-productive to find your type and feel like that's it. But finding out your type and going on from there can bare many fruits.

That's a good point. Using type as a vehicle for self-development, then?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly. If you are introverted, don't use that fact as a reason to become a hermit, just know what you are dealing with in yourself. Strive to strengthen weaknesses, not embrace them.

Circle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Exactly. If you are introverted, don't use that fact as a reason to become a hermit, just know what you are dealing with in yourself. Strive to strengthen weaknesses, not embrace them.

I do feel like some of the conversations here can end up being rather narrow due to assumptions of type. You are X therefore you do Y. I'm not comfortable with the narrowness of it.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do feel like some of the conversations here can end up being rather narrow due to assumptions of type. You are X therefore you do Y. I'm not comfortable with the narrowness of it.

Sometimes that can't be avoided when talking about MBTI types, or the whole system becomes meaningless.

It can be a problem otherwise.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You first have to come to the realization of something if you want to be able to improve on it though.

So even if X does Y because he is type Z, doesn't mean X needs to do Y until his death. He might be able to learn from it and do Y+.

R

Riva

I'm mistyped. Someone type me.

If the result is right but the attempts at justification are unimpressive I wouldn't admit to it.

But even if the results are wrong but the attempts at justification are good I would reveal my true type.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm mistyped. Someone type me.

If the result is right but the attempts at justification are unimpressive I wouldn't admit to it.

But even if the results are wrong but the attempts at justification are good I would reveal my true type.

INFP.