• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
NF vibe for you... that's what it feels like somehow though... and I can't describe how that goes in the least :doh:

Sunny Ghost

@Whatever: No, I mean.. umm.. Well, I'm just pulling this out of my ass, but I'm getting the impression that Se gets creative within the "doing" of something. I don't mean SP's lack imagination at all. It just seems as if ideas start fleshing out, moment by moment, in their case. While Ne might have more of a proclivity to be conceptual first.. have a stronger first stage that can just stir up more ideas through brainstorming.

explain further...

KDude

explain further...

In the case of music, I may not come up with any good songs until after warming up for awhile. I'm notorious for seeming kind of out of it/kind of lame at first (this used to suck when I was younger and tried to join a band or something. There would always be some impatient drummer who would write me off. Freakin' drummers, man :dry:). I don't have a lot of ideas right off the bat. Besides that, a lot of past ideas I do have are kind of forgotten when I'm asked to play something. It's like my memory goes out to lunch at the worst time. So I crawl to my corner and just strum quietly while people go back to doing something else. Maybe I stumble upon something - and then get into a groove, enough to be overheard, and then people may listen. And if they're musicians themselves, we'll probably colloborate.

Maybe it's not type related. :shrug:

Sunny Ghost

In the case of music, I may not come up with any good songs until after warming up for awhile. I'm notorious for seeming kind of out of it/kind of lame at first (this used to suck when I was younger and tried to join a band or something. There would always be some impatient drummer who would write me off. Freakin' drummers, man :dry:). I don't have a lot of ideas right off the bat. Besides that, a lot of past ideas I do have are kind of forgotten when I'm asked to play something. It's like my memory goes out to lunch at the worst time. So I crawl to my corner and just strum quietly while people go back to doing something else. Maybe I stumble upon something - and then get into a groove, enough to be overheard, and then people may listen. And if they're musicians themselves, we'll probably colloborate.

Maybe it's not type related. :shrug:

i don't know that creativity and ideas, and how quickly, or not so quickly they come to you, are type related or not.

my ex was an INFP, and there were many a times where he felt writer's block when pursuing his artwork. or he'd have to mull over ideas, toss them around, bounce them back and forth with either me or one of his friends, before having an idea he was excited about pursuing.

also, thinking about an INTP friend that was a writer... he'd experience this as well. the ideas weren't always instantaneous... though sometimes they were. and it was the same, he'd have to mull them over and bounce the ideas around.

there may however be some significance to what you're going with here, in the respects that SP's are probably more inclined to jumping into the task without fulling thinking them out... sort of a playing it by ear, versus mulling the ideas over first. idk.

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't know if this is the place to ask, but I suppose I might get an answer here (without going to the hassle of having to make a new thread all about me... which, you know, wouldn't be bad, since I love talking about me, but I cba atm >>): Someone recently told me (not on TypeC) that I come across as ESFP or even ESTP... are they onto something there, or am I deffo ENFP? I think ENFP is right, and I seem to identify well with other ENFP folks, but this person who told me this knows quite about about MBTI typing and such, so I'm willing to re-consider my type. How alike would ESFP/ENTP and ENFP be, anyway? o_O;;

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOOOOL but I am ze shyyy pls. :peepwall: idk, we'll seee what I can do pls~ :blush:

untypeable

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
N/A
"does disregard change her type a lot?" is the new "is the Pope Catholic?"

Inserts own name....

"Does untypeable change her type a lot?" is the new "is the Pope Catholic?"

See my name.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Not necessarily. It's more of a 'J' thing, period.

True, but Te is less concerned about consistency than Si, which I think would be able to catch the little mistakes. Like grammar. I don't and it's meh last function :).

J is a directional changer. Te is slightly sloppier in precision as well. It's a small read, but it was mainly a leap.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Any thoughts on ISTP for me?

I don't know you that well, but I can't imagine my ISTP son or husband ever having that signature... unless someone else picked it out for them and they liked it because it said 'plywood' in it. Just my 2 cents.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
now I want a signature with plywood in it just because I had to giggle there :sadbanana:

xisnotx

Permabanned
hmm...do you think that I am mistyped?

at this point I choose intp because my understanding of the mbti system leads me to that conclusion. however, i could easily see how i might have mistyped myself if my understanding was (or is) inaccurate.

comments?

but I guess I haven't really posted enough for this to be a fair question either..