• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you're more J than I am, but I also less E than you are... I think that you're totally an ESTP... just a slightly different variation :cheese:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
OK peeps.

Instead of shit slinging let's change topic.

Anyone think I'm not an ESTP?

My P/J are almost balanced (52/48).
My N/S score is approximately 40/60 (respectively).
I'm a 7w8, no doubt about that.

This comes up as a result of a discussion of my potential Socionics type, and that it might be different than ESTp.

It would be interesting to hear what the good peeps of TypC think.

Thanks for your insights.

:solidarity:

-Halla

I always thought you were a little too "cooperative" instead of "utilitarian" (as per Keirsey) for an ESTP, and now that you say your J and P are very close, it makes sense.

Socionics is voodoo science, btw. I always suggest people should steer clear of it.

KDude

OK peeps.

This comes up as a result of a discussion of my potential Socionics type, and that it might be different than ESTp.

-Halla

In Socionics, you could be an ESFp or even ESTj (ESTjs are not like MBTI ones btw). ESTp maybe, but it'd depend if you were "Fi PoLR" .. i.e. Not too aware of emotional distance with others. For example, you'd be inclined to plow with Se over people or intrude a little on conversations.. or even just need a regular dose of verbal confirmation (Fe) from another person to know exactly where you stand with them.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
NT Central is probably less explicitly Thinker than just about any other forum that I’m aware of. Sciforum, Gamefaqs, Physicsforum, Gamespot, Macforums, Historum, and even 4chan seem to give off much more of an NT vibe. I can’t help but believe that several Ts are actually mistyped Fs, especially the males, who would be more pressured to type themselves as Ts. Someone actually mentioned that the NTs in this thread are actually less NT than the women. Another astute INTP from INTP Central mentioned that we might as well change Typology Central’s name to NF Central, and no one would complain. I’m inclined to agree with both of these statements. I mean, can you imagine the same level of attention being given to social harmony on any of the examples that I listed above? How about Gamefaqs or Physicsforum?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd object to it being called NF central... I'm an ST :thelook:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you're more J than I am, but I also less E than you are... I think that you're totally an ESTP... just a slightly different variation :cheese:

An expert has spoken! :)

I always thought you were a little too "cooperative" instead of "utilitarian" (as per Keirsey) for an ESTP, and now that you say your J and P are very close, it makes sense.

I'm cooperative because I'm professional and polite.
I can be a real motherfucker when needed.
There's just no cause for that here.
My Dad is an ESTJ, by the way.
Retired Army Colonel, type-A hostile, old school American male.
I likely picked up some of his "J-ness."

Socionics is voodoo science, btw. I always suggest people should steer clear of it.

LOL! :laugh:

In Socionics, you could be an ESFp or even ESTj (ESTjs are not like MBTI ones btw). ESTp maybe, but it'd depend if you were "Fi PoLR" .. i.e. Not too aware of emotional distance with others. For example, you'd be inclined to plow with Se over people or intrude a little on conversations.. or even just need a regular dose of verbal confirmation (Fe) from another person to know exactly where you stand with them.

I'm emotionally handicapped, that is a fact.
I have to look at the Socionics ESFp and ESTj types to know more.

:D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An expert has spoken! :)

takes one to know one :tongue:

yeah... I wonder from time to time if I'm the only Type B personality ESTP on the planet... though the STP part comes out glaringly when touring haunted houses, I found... I continually scan the environment for threats (aka people who will pop out and go "boo!" at me) and spend the whole time in hunter mode :blush:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

Well, I said " cooperative as per Keirsey", which has its own definition instead of the regular meaning of the word, which is "gets along with people". It implies more deference to established rules over purely practical approach. SJs and NFs are cooperative, and SP and NTs are utilitarian. But as I'm sure you'll agree, an SJ can be "a real motherfucker" just like an SP, even though SJ is a "cooperative type".

Speaking real motherfucker SJs. One of my friends is an ISTP - his dad is former Marine Corps drill sergeant ESTJ. I never seen this ISTP be late for ANYTHING. Quite remarkable really. But his promptness didn't really make him any less of an ISTP - his goals, motivations, outlook on life, etc were all that of an ISTP.

So it is possible you are "full fledged" ESTP but test close to J because the test questions are not tailored to your personal experiences, and in alternative, it is possible you are actually ESTx, as you test. This of course leads to that whole nature vs nurture argument, and frankly, mental masturbation is the domain of INTPs, so I bid my leave on this topic.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
OK peeps.

-Halla

IMO, you're as ESTP as anyone can be. :cheese: In theory, we're given a set of four main functions, all of which contains one of each T/F [Judging] and N/S [Perceiving] dichotomies. As an ESTP, you've developed your tertiary Fe and inferior Ni to the point where the general characteristics associated with J vs. P, and N vs. S are blurred. They also have the same interaction style [In Charge] as ENTJs, making them even more similar from the outsider's perception. Internally, they can be quite different.

Assigning a percentage to the individual letters (E/I, N/S, T/F, J/P) isn't very helpful when understanding which aspect has been developed. For instance, someone may test as 45% T and 55% F, but it doesn't tell us the type of thinking or feeling that it involves. Is it extroverted feeling (Fe)? Or introverted feeling (Fi)? Te or Ti? That person could have been an E_FP with strong Te, or an I_FJ with strong Ti. And the possibilities goes on.

I realize this potentially confusing for people who aren't familiar with it, but SimulatedWorld (now on PersonalityCafe) does a good job explaining the J vs. P divide. However one may think of him, he's absolutely correct on this part:

Many people test borderline P/J because that letter describes only the attitude of our strongest extroverted function! This is especially confusing for Introverts because IxxP types are Perceivers, yet dominant in Introverted Judgment (Fi/Ti), while IxxJ types are Judgers, yet dominant in Introverted Perception (Ni/Si!)

The truth is that both Ps and Js value organization--the only difference is whether that structure and focus on organization is manifested externally (for Js) or internally (for Ps.)

So just remember this: Js need externalized structure in their relationships with others and the outer world (Je), but they maintain far more open and flexible private attitudes that are not easily evident to others without getting to know them (Pi.)

Ps need internalized structure in their personal identity and internal decision-making systems, so they define strict rules for organizing the self (Ji), but maintain much more open and adaptable methods for dealing with others and the external world (Pe.)

MBTI's use of the question, "Are you more organized or more laid back?" simply doesn't cover the P/J dichotomy in enough depth, so many people never figure out whether they're P ("disorganized") or J ("organized"). It's just not that simple--both are organized and both are disorganized; it's a question of direction.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Halla, I think, is most likely an ESTP. Unless I'm confusing him with someone else. Which is likely. :blush:

I tried a new type-me thread but it isn't working. So, anyone think I'm not an INTJ?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Halla, I think, is most likely an ESTP. Unless I'm confusing him with someone else. Which is likely. :blush:

I tried a new type-me thread but it isn't working. So, anyone think I'm not an INTJ?

Me. I think you're heavily guided by your emotions. Some kind of F.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If I change it to something significantly further to the vegetable side of the spectrum, would I be an INTJ?

KDude

You can't get any more ESTP than Halla.

I don't know. He's sounds less of an "emotional retard" than me at times. :doh:

To illustrate apparent Fi PoLR behavior.. I got typed by a bunch of people as a possible ESTp in Socionics (or at least Fi PoLR), because I felt like making out with someone in front of her whiny husband. Apparently this is not "knowing emotional or psychological distance", and just behaving in a manner that inflicts my own will on an environment.

OTOH, my friends say I'm more Golblum-ish or Hank Moodyish. So maybe I'm just one of those cool ENTPs (still Fi PoLR). Or an ISFP just playing around. I would just say I cut the bullshit sometimes. I think I know it's "not right". I just do it anyways.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I change it to something significantly further to the vegetable side of the spectrum, would I be an INTJ?

It's not your avatar. It's the content of your posts. You won't take action with your problems. You have an emotional argument when people give you sensible advice.

I would honestly guess INFP.

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
KDude: I know 3 ESTPs in real life and they're definitely not emotional retards. Maybe except for my uncle. People always think of him as an egotistical jerk, but maybe he's not even ESTP. But the other 2 are women, and they can deal with people very skillfully. So I don't think having social grace is a trait that doesn't belong to ESTP.

And what's PoLR? :huh: I saw it in Socionics but confused everytime seeing people use it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It's not your avatar. It's the content of your posts. You won't take action with your problems. You have an emotional argument when people give you sensible advice.

I would honestly guess INFP.

Okay! So crippling phobias are totally an INFP trait. Yep, that would make me an INFP. It's all so clear now.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No it's the fact that you don't seem to be using Te AT ALL. If you're INTJ you're in some really unhealthy Ni/Fi loop. I use more Te than you do.