• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
OK. Time to retype myself. INTP. Time to go into thinking mode...
I think...
therefore I am.
I am
therefore I think.
Um.
I think...

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Oh, KDude and you, I guess. Are "organized and bossy" qualities of INTJ or ESTJ or both???
edit: Oh, I see that you're wondering if you might be an ENTJ.
An ENTJ would most likely be organized and bossy, too.
I spent a week impersonating an ENTJ.
It was fun but exhausting!!! I don't know if very many people were convinced that I was a real ENTJ.

Are you talking to me or Kdude?
Because, that I am. ;)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, KDude and you, I guess. Are "organized and bossy" qualities of INTJ or ESTJ or both???

I guess a bunch of J-types would fit. The deal-breaker is the "organized" part.
No P-types are sufficiently organized to have that quality thrown back at them in conversation describing them personally.

ENFJ, ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFJ, ENTJ, INTJ... All could be fairly bossy. And organized.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
About the edit... Well. I used to think I was an ENTJ.
I'm not out to change types again. Maybe just a little.
But i'm Ni-dominant and too into Fi to be an ENTJ.
However, I do the whole ENTJ thing all the time. That's my outward face, I guess.
It is very efficient. At times. Other times I go all INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ, ESTJ, ESTP... Whatever gets me where I want.

Maybe i'm just a goddamn conman :D

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
You're right about P-types and the "organized" part. That's why it's hard for an... um... isfp to impersonate an entj. (Ooops, I'm an intp now!)
The odd part is that my writing is normally very organized but only after a lot of editing (on my part). I never turn in a first draft to anyone because it's so... disjointed!!!
I see that only the intj is the only introverted bossy types. Do the others not care to be bossy or are they too shy or is some sort of combination??

No P-types are sufficiently organized to have that quality thrown back at them in conversation describing them personally.

ENFJ, ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFJ, ENTJ, INTJ... All could be fairly bossy. And organized.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Have you ever thought about getting into the theater???:cheese:

About the edit... Well. I used to think I was an ENTJ.
I'm not out to change types again. Maybe just a little.
But i'm Ni-dominant and too into Fi to be an ENTJ.
However, I do the whole ENTJ thing all the time. That's my outward face, I guess.
It is very efficient. At times. Other times I go all INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ, ESTJ, ESTP... Whatever gets me where I want.

Maybe i'm just a goddamn conman :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're right about P-types and the "organized" part. That's why it's hard for an... um... isfp to impersonate an entj. (Ooops, I'm an intp now!)
The odd part is that my writing is normally very organized but only after a lot of editing (on my part). I never turn in a first draft to anyone because it's so... disjointed!!!
I see that only the intj is the only introverted bossy types. Do the others not care to be bossy or are they too shy or is some sort of combination??

Um, INTJs are vision-driven. If they can't pursue the path of the councilor to the guy in a leadership position, and what the leader in question does isn't working out well, then the INTJ can take over.
That's all very odd, though. I take leadership or go away. Usually.
If someone is obviously much more qualified than me, yes. Then I can.
Maybe it's just that I think that few are more qualified than me.
Among friends, I take a background role and tone my bossiness down, but I control things, make things happen.
The ones close to me are so clueless that they can't even throw a proper party without direction.
So i'm sort of a hub.

As for other introverted J-types...
Well, I suppose INFJs could probably be bossy at times...
But I have rarely seen that happen. My mother being an exception.
She's an office department boss at social security...
But she acts more like a mother to those who work there.
It does work, though, apparently. Too soft? Maybe.

ISTJ? Self-sufficient? Yes. Lacks the drive to do stuff like that, it seems.
ISFJ? No. Same there. Most often too soft.

Have you ever thought about getting into the theater???:cheese:

Yes, acting is on my list of desired jobs. I hate theaters, though.
Hollywood type movies or series would be pretty awesome.

KDude

Organized and bossy???

I can do the bossy thing, when my Te flares up and I'm dealing with something/someone making me angry. Kinda feelin' the inner eNtj this morning actually :D

Organized, no... I know a lot of ESTJs..can't hold a candle to them. If I'm some other type, I'm still a Perciever. I know that much!

G

garbage

dammit, typology, start giving me some damn answers right now

actually, I get called organized too often for my tastes.. one coworker told me that he'd be pretty nervous if he had a desk like mine

I got at least a few comments back about how organized my desk was in that "post your freakin' desk" thread :doh:

Additionally, this

typology :doh:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
dammit, typology, start giving me some damn answers right now

actually, I get called organized too often for my tastes.. one coworker told me that he'd be pretty nervous if he had a desk like mine

I got at least a few comments back about how organized my desk was in that "post your freakin' desk" thread :doh:

Additionally, this

typology :doh:

Heh, maybe your mind is such a chaos that you need external order? ;)
My mind is very neat and polished, my desk is not.
I am neither messy nor very neat, something in between.
I am utilitarian, and I have vague plans for everything I do at any given time.
They formulate either very quickly based on subconscious thought earlier, preparing me for the situation, or long before anything happens just because it seems likely.
Don't need external order to work properly, though.
Thus, people in real life has always thought that I was fairly quick-witted, despite my looks (that would invite one to think I was about as bright as a barn door).
Order, rules and laws have always meant restriction and ease for others to me.
It is in chaos that my ability to grab a hold of reality and twist it to my will comes to justice.
The more I experience, the more those words ring true. It's brutally ugly if you look upon it with the eyes of anyone brought up with our system of values...
But logical in a way.

Now I am drifting away here. I have been doing a lot of existential thinking today :)

G

garbage

Heh, maybe your mind is such a chaos that you need external order? ;)

probably

and that statement and its opposite are what J and P are about in some definitions

My mind is very neat and polished, my desk is not.

opposite here--I've got my calendars and task lists and organized plots of paper, I make sure that my other students are productive, I pack somewhat heavily for trips 'just in case'..

.. but when it comes to my own mind, I dunno.. it's just a huge torrent of over-analytical thought that's impossible to spit out or digest in any meaningful way. To put any sort of logical sequence to or even backtrace my thought process is often an exhausting exercise in futility.

All I gotta say, man: keep on keepin' control :nice: A strong sense of agency is trait that could stand to be shared by most of humankind.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about me, would anyone here agree that I'm actually a "feeler"? Think I may be mistyped.

LEGERdeMAIN

No more motorcycles, no more mechanical repairs, no more building things? Oh, farewell ISTP :(

Yeah, I'm picking up a new computer tomorrow so I can start playing WoW in between reading really long, complicated books. I think that's what intps do, anyway.

KDude

Nah man, Final Fantasy 14 is coming out next month.. Time to upgrade from WoW.

Or maybe FF is for emo F kids like me. :thinking: