• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Although I've noticed on this forum that every ENFP has a "hard" side. (of course, half the "enfps" keep changing types) It surprises me that people think ENFPs are nice, actually.

I have noticed other things that people decide means I'm not ENFP that has nothing to do with personality type.
Most of us have been charmed by one at one point or another.

How sure are you of your type?

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
I wonder if people are actually able to mistype themselves.

Of course we can (honestly, you have to notice when people change/question their own type so frequently around here). And we can whenever we wanna! :alttongue: Honestly, it gets a little boring 'being' the same type every day and it's not so gravely serious (to me at least) that I won't entertain unlikely alternatives for the sake of mixing it up. :smile:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Most of us have been charmed by one at one point or another.

How sure are you of your type?

Probably more than most people on the forum. (I guess that's not hard) I took a test in college and got ENFP. I questioned T (in college and recently) but I'm very not Fe.

It's interesting to me that I get typed J (and sometimes SJ) because either

1. I come across that way here or
2. People really suck at typing.

Either of these options are interesting.

My parents and siblings would probably fall over laughing at someone calling me J or SJ. (if they knew what it meant) Srsly.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only way to be completely sure is by taking more online tests and seeing if they reach a consensus. Preferably, you should find tests that will automatically calculate your preference scores for you so that you don't have to wait for the results--the increased balance in time ensures that you can take many, many tests.

To corroborate your test scores, observe your own behavior and compare it to type descriptions of the ESTJ. If your behavior matches the stereotypical behavior of a ESTJ, that serves as further evidence that you are one.

dammit, how could I forget to include "Are you highly efficient?" on my list of ESTJ questions :steam:

No, no, no, no.

Taking more meaningless internet tests is NOT the way to be more sure of your type.

The only way to be more sure is to educate yourself about cognitive function theory and talk to others who have done the same.

Testing XXXX on 26 different poorly designed type tests doesn't make you an XXXX. (If anything it might very well mean you inaccurately perceive yourself as XXXX.)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
No, no, no, no.

Taking more meaningless internet tests is NOT the way to be more sure of your type.

The only way to be more sure is to educate yourself about cognitive function theory and talk to others who have done the same.

Testing XXXX on 26 different poorly designed type tests doesn't make you an XXXX. (If anything it might very well mean you inaccurately perceive yourself as XXXX.)

Indeed! Once you know what the questions are about... and are no longer naive to MBTI... the tests are pretty pointless.... wait.. They are definitely pointless.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Although I've noticed on this forum that every ENFP has a "hard" side. (of course, half the "enfps" keep changing types) It surprises me that people think ENFPs are nice, actually.

I have noticed other things that people decide means I'm not ENFP that has nothing to do with personality type.

wtf you don't think we're nice!? well f@*K you!!

:smile: no really...whataya mean?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
My parents and siblings would probably fall over laughing at someone calling me J or SJ. (if they knew what it meant) Srsly.

What does it mean? To you, anyway. If you had to describe SJ behavior in your own words, what would you say?

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
No, no, no, no.

If you read back a few posts, you'd see that he was being sarcastic the whole time.

KDude

It doesn't seem to me that ENFP's necessarily have to be nice in a showy/bubbly way (and that's OK). I bet most are though in their minds.

Nor ESFPs. Niceties can all be a little more indirect.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm an ENFP and everyone knows it, except for perhaps you, how does it feel to be the odd one out?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It doesn't seem to me that ENFP's necessarily have to be nice in a showy/bubbly way (and that's OK). I bet most are though in their minds.

Nor ESFPs. Niceties can all be a little more indirect.

You know, kitty cats are nice to people that they like, or when they want something. But if you fuck with them they'll claw your face off.

Maybe ExFPs are kind of like that.

While FPs may be sensitive and soft-hearted, and NFs are concerned with morality and relationships, that doesn't necessarily mean "nice." From what I understand, "nice" is more of an Fe thing.

Also, I think I was much "nicer" when I was younger and more naive and intimidated by other people. It's just not sensible or practical for an adult to go through life that way.