• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
A lot of folks get butthurt when you point out the mistyping, because they view their supposed type as a source of pride and identity.

Your petty insecurities stink up the science of myers briggs, people.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wanted to be typed an ESTJ! Come on even Eric B said I have too much Te and not enough Ne. Don't I have enough Te to be an ESTJ!? Look at how opinionated and assertive I can be, none but an ESTJ could possibly act this way! Besides who, but the ESTJ would have the audacity to claim to be an ESTJ when noone else agrees with such an assertion!?

Look at those repeated exclamation marks and firm, bolded statements; don't they just scream Te to all of you!?

Jaguar

Folk Typology Just My Opinion Folk Typology Just My Opinion Folk Typology Just My Opinion
Folk Typology Just My Opinion Folk Typology Just My Opinion Folk Typology Just My Opinion

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I wanted to be typed an ESTJ! Come on even Eric B said I have too much Te and not enough Ne. Don't I have enough Te to be an ESTJ!? Look at how opinionated and assertive I can be, none but an ESTJ could possibly act this way! Besides who, but the ESTJ would have the audacity to claim to be an ESTJ when noone else agrees with such an assertion!?

Look at those repeated exclamation marks and firm, bolded statements; don't they just scream Te to all of you!?

Nope.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm actually an ENFJ going undercover as an ISFP. :cool:

G

garbage

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.

SolitaryWalker, please answer the following questions:
  • Do you maintain a set of file folders?
  • Do you like to do laundry?
  • Are you a map-oriented person?
  • Have you planned all of your weekend activities for the next year?
  • Do you want things to remain as they are? That is, do you despise change?
  • Are you an organized person?
  • Do you like lists and details?
  • Are you a traditionalist?
  • Can you examine a sea of detailed data and extract relevant information?
  • Are you a micromanager at your place of work?
  • Do you use bold and underlined statements?
  • Are you opinionated and assertive?
  • Do you notice and correct all spelling and grammatical errors?
  • Are all of the Word documents that you create properly and consistently formatted?

Congratulations! If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, you could be an ESTJ.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.

SolitaryWalker, please answer the following questions:
  • Do you maintain a set of file folders?
  • Do you like to do laundry?
  • Are you a map-oriented person?
  • Have you planned all of your weekend activities for the next year?
  • Do you want things to remain as they are? That is, do you despise change?
  • Are you an organized person?
  • Do you like lists and details?
  • Are you a traditionalist?
  • Can you examine a sea of detailed data and extract relevant information?
  • Are you a micromanager at your place of work?
  • Do you use bold and underlined statements?
  • Are you opinionated and assertive?
  • Do you notice and correct all spelling and grammatical errors?
  • Are all of the Word documents that you create properly and consistently formatted?

Congratulations! If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, you could be an ESTJ.

Thank you! I answered yes to at least one of those questions! That means I could be an ESTJ, but how can I be sure that I am!?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if people are actually able to mistype themselves. I mean, it's all so subjective, thought processes are invisible and incomprehensible to others, and even to myself. Who's going to tell me if I have primary Ni or primary Te? Perhaps I use another "substitute" for my supposed primary function with the same cognitive results, nobody can ever tell. Except for myself. Or maybe not: my "type" may very well be an unconscious preference (choice) after becoming familiar with MBTI.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wonder if people are actually able to mistype themselves. I mean, it's all so subjective, thought processes are invisible and incomprehensible to others, and even to myself. Who's going to tell me if I have primary Ni or primary Te? Perhaps I use another "substitute" for my supposed primary function with the same cognitive results, nobody can ever tell. Except for myself. Or maybe not: my "type" may very well be an unconscious preference (choice) after becoming familiar with MBTI.

Typing yourself is an intellectual problem, it requires you to understand your own cognitive tendencies. With reasoning skills as feeble as that of our typical member, one cannot hope to possibly succeed in such an arduous task.

G

garbage

Thank you! I answered yes to at least one of those questions! That means I could be an ESTJ, but how can I be sure that I am!?

The only way to be completely sure is by taking more online tests and seeing if they reach a consensus. Preferably, you should find tests that will automatically calculate your preference scores for you so that you don't have to wait for the results--the increased balance in time ensures that you can take many, many tests.

To corroborate your test scores, observe your own behavior and compare it to type descriptions of the ESTJ. If your behavior matches the stereotypical behavior of a ESTJ, that serves as further evidence that you are one.

dammit, how could I forget to include "Are you highly efficient?" on my list of ESTJ questions :steam:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You do seem to be an EsFJ to me, actually. Whatever, I hardly know anything about your personality. It's more of a hunch.

I find it hilarious that people think I might be J. Maybe just 'cause I'm old.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find it hilarious that people think I might be J. Maybe just 'cause I'm old.
You're not as fluffy as the average ENFP.

(That's neither a good nor a bad thing)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

the real nail in the coffin would be... do you ever say "that's a terrible idea!" "that's stupid!" or "are you sure you're not drunk?" when someone says something you think is rediculous :cheese:

(my best friend loves saying ALL of these things!)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You're not as fluffy as the average ENFP.

(That's neither a good nor a bad thing)

Although I've noticed on this forum that every ENFP has a "hard" side. (of course, half the "enfps" keep changing types) It surprises me that people think ENFPs are nice, actually.

I have noticed other things that people decide means I'm not ENFP that has nothing to do with personality type.