• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
ENTPs are more commonly pot stirrers because we rarely any ethical problem with making people feel uncomfortable.

Except for a few posts back where you wanted to stop the thread to make the world a happier place. ;)

Famous ENTPs: Richard Feynman writes intelligently amusing letters to other academics...
Famous ENFPs: Andy Kaufman becomes Inter-Gender Wrestling Champion of the World.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay. Apparently you missed the part where he admitted he was just joking and is in fact an ENFP. Unless you think you know his type better than he does.

I guess I did.

Nah, I don't think that, just that under the apparently erroneous assumption that he was a non-ENFP, my best guess was ENTP.

That and it is generally true that ENTPs are more likely to be pot stirrers than ENFPs, so I thought it a bit odd that you seemed to be using that as an argument for his ENFPness.

Of course, now with the new information that he was just joking and is, in fact, certain that he's an ENFP, I amend my position and believe him.

Except for a few posts back where you wanted to stop the thread to make the world a happier place. ;)

Famous ENTPs: Richard Feynman writes intelligently amusing letters to other academics...
Famous ENFPs: Andy Kaufman becomes Inter-Gender Wrestling Champion of the World.

Yeah that took a lot of concerted effort.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course I don't have any evidence, I'm acting intuitive. ;) It's just an impression I get just like your impression that I don't appreciate non-physical attributes of women despite the fact that I have indicated my appreciation for them explicitly in many posts on this forum.

Stick to Sensing, babe. ;)

I guess I meant examples, rather than evidence. PM me with them, if you feel like it. I really am interested.

And I really do like you.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That and it is generally true that ENTPs are more likely to be pot stirrers than ENFPs, so I thought it a bit odd that you seemed to be using that as an argument for his ENFPness.
Oh, I see. You thought those two sentences went together. No, those were two completely unrelated statements: He's just trying to stir the pot. And he is ENFP.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
If Bluemonday is a bunch of people, then they've all got the same stick jammed up their asses. But I like it, it's what gives them their unique style and charm.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks Jock! We'll lend it to you sometime!

:devil:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Your argument doesn't even make sense.

Example: NT daughter (me) cannot understand SFJ mother's need to care so much about random thing. It has no pragmatic use at present or in the future. Yet it holds value to her for reasons that might be shared with other SFJs. NT daughter reads about SJs and tradition/maintenance of past and understands SFJ mom's irrational behaviour.

MBTI ftw.

Does this mean I attribute every part of her behaviour to her SFJness? No. It means MBT gave me the tools to walk a mile in her shoes and understand the "why" behind her actions. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course MBTI is used to analyze someone's behaviour.

Caring about something is not behaviour per se, so much as cognition.

Cognition can directly influence behavior, but there are other factors. I just like to emphasize that because I see too many half-arsed correlations. Besides, what do you mean by my argument not making any sense?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, I see. You thought those two sentences went together. No, those were two completely unrelated statements: He's just trying to stir the pot. And he is ENFP.

I'm glad we could discuss this impersonally instead of the inevitable explosion that you being an INFP instead of INFJ would have triggered.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Also, INTJmom is not an INTJ.

The I and J part are correct - the NT part not so much.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the whole lot of you are S's.

Take that!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think the whole lot of you are S's.

Take that!

It's funny you said that.

I've wondered. I read somewhere that 75% of the general population is Sensing.

That must just mean that this MBTI forums attract more Intuits than Sensors.

But it still raises the question... We've just got to weed them out! :newwink: