• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
lol, sorry Greed, I had misread your other post. I read it as if you picked up on social cues as not an F trait. Nevermind, sensotard moment.

Your post seems more like ENFP than ENTP to me. You're a guy right? ENFP guys, well every man of every type, tend to be more use T more then their female counterparts.

Myself in particular, I have a high Ti. Why do you think you are T and not F?

Most people consider me rational and analytical btw. But there's no doubt I'm an F.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't believe that one test typed me as an INFP...That surely cannot be!!!! :shock:

G

garbage

lol, sorry Greed, I had misread your other post. I read it as if you picked up on social cues as not an F trait. Nevermind, sensotard moment.

Your post seems more like ENFP than ENTP to me. You're a guy right? ENFP guys, well every man of every type, tend to be more use T more then their female counterparts.

Myself in particular, I have a high Ti. Why do you think you are T and not F?

Most people consider me rational and analytical btw. But there's no doubt I'm an F.

Being involved in engineering and computer science for so long, and having been programming since I was about six years old, it's hard to inot have a well-developed logical side ;)

I never put much stock in the model describing the roles of the cognitive processes past the first two, but Te as a relief function instead of a leading makes a lot of sense to me. I have my various organizational systems, I like implementing them, and I pride myself on them. In fact, the frequency at which I use Te nowadays may lead me to believe it to be a dominant function. Organizing the world around me in creative ways allows me to just sit back and just enjoy it.

Si as an inferior? I think I rather like that description, although that doesn't differentiate between ENTP and ENFP :)

From here, describing how a socionics ENFp might confuse himself for an ENTp:

"In this instance, the way to discern between these two types and to choose the correct one is to determine whether you activelly use more Te or Ti. If you use Te more than you use Ti, you are probably an ENFp. If you use Ti more than you use Te, you could really be an ENTp."

Which.. yeah, my use of Te's pretty well described above. Likewise, from ENTp to ENFp (as we'd guess):

"If you use Fe more than you use Fi, you are probably an ENTp. If you use Fi more than you use Fe, you could really be an ENFp."

From this standpoint.. well.. my ENFJ friend and I are definitely clash when it comes to social roles and other traits described by Fe, which I sometimes come to strongly despise in terms of how limiting and controlling I feel it to be. Likewise, he basically doesn't understand the concept of empathy at all, where I'd describe it as one of my defining traits.

Thanks for the insight, Sytpg! It definitely helps getting the perspective of male ENFPs. I'll continue keeping a watch out and see which posters I end up resonating more with.. I'm not exactly around many ENFPs in real life, so it's hard for me to compare myself to them.

So, yeah, this might be settled now? Although, ironically enough, it looks like I'm approaching this from a Ti perspective :)

(I just hope this doesn't mean that I have to go out and find an INTJ girlfriend.. the last one I dated made me want to stab myself in the head :doh: ;))

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've decided that I shall now be ESFP because I said so....That NF stuff just ain't cutting it - time to try on a new hat. :looks in the mirror: Well, how do you think it fits? :huh:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I've decided that I shall now be ESFP because I said so....That NF stuff just ain't cutting it - time to try on a new hat. :looks in the mirror: Well, how do you think it fits? :huh:

That post sounds really ESFP at least. You're off to a good start.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Being involved in engineering and computer science for so long, and having been programming since I was about six years old, it's hard to inot have a well-developed logical side ;)

I'm actually in computer engineering myself :) (even though I've learned I don't like it as much as I did in the past)

It's actually funny, because throughout the years I always chose the science related subjects, and what I found out was that I never ended up picking the areas I was naturally good at (like language and humanities) nor the ones I liked (art). Learning I was an ENFP has made me understand where and when I've been "fighting the current", so to speak. Obviously, "fighting the current" is great, but striking a balance is better.

The Ti/Te thing is something I'm still not sure of. My Ti is supposed to be my third strongest function and Te kinda weak. I still relate a lot to ENTP profiles because I feel part ENTP too. But my Fi is my second function so I'm definitely more ENFP. (also I still relate proportionately a lot more to ENFP profiles. At the end of the day it's "live and let live".)

From this standpoint.. well.. my ENFJ friend and I are definitely clash when it comes to social roles and other traits described by Fe, which I sometimes come to strongly despise in terms of how limiting and controlling I feel it to be. Likewise, he basically doesn't understand the concept of empathy at all, where I'd describe it as one of my defining traits.

In a weird way, I think strong Fi could also account for your doubt and self-consciousness regarding type.

Thanks for the insight, Sytpg! It definitely helps getting the perspective of male ENFPs. I'll continue keeping a watch out and see which posters I end up resonating more with.. I'm not exactly around many ENFPs in real life, so it's hard for me to compare myself to them.

Just bear in mind ENFP randomness and "the devil's advocate" complex ;)

mbeerti

MBTI Type
INTP
I occasionally experience bouts of 'E' and ('F'-like?) 'benevolence'...though not necessarily together. Some of my favorite pastimes (e.g. mindless sports-watching, beer-drinking, art) are sort of 'S' but I would still categorize myself as INTP if we're putting ourselves into boxes. Don't think anyone on here 'knows' me well enough to disagree. Likewise, I'm not really well enough acquainted with any typology members to judge them.

However, I am a bit curious about those of you who have put '?' or 'x' in the T/F slot....

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Just bear in mind ENFP randomness and "the devil's advocate" complex ;)

On the subject of randomness and devils advocate, I've been pondering INTJ recently. It doesn't have much in it, but as an Fi Te, I really should've checked it as an option too. I keep asking questions like: How do I know my intuit bursts are Ne not Ni? Am I delusional? hehe, sometimes any option can feel better than a closed case with nothing left to explore.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
Dude, will you give it up already? You're an ENFP...no matter how hard you try to escape from us. :tongue:

sometimes any option can feel better than a closed case with nothing left to explore.

^^ Definitely Ne.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
On the subject of randomness and devils advocate, I've been pondering INTJ recently. It doesn't have much in it, but as an Fi Te, I really should've checked it as an option too. I keep asking questions like: How do I know my intuit bursts are Ne not Ni? Am I delusional? hehe, sometimes any option can feel better than a closed case with nothing left to explore.

I have a heard time thinking in terms of functions and the 4 letters at the same time....I mean....for example, if your strongest function is Fi, it would make sense for you to be an introvert, supposedly. But then again, you might not regard yourself as an introvert.

Have you read the INTJ profile and found that it applies to you?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I think that you are just adding N (since you are N) into your ISTJ shadow.
Btw you don't sound as INTJ.
However I could "buy" you as an ENTP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
noigmn is one of the most enfp people on here...for sure. no question.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Can someone try to type me? I get echoes that I don't seem "infj"
What do I "seem" like then?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can someone try to type me? I get echoes that I don't seem "infj"
What do I "seem" like then?

INFP - a very gentle and sweet something or other

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know Kyuuei all that well but a couple of times I've come across her express Fe-like attitudes, if you have any type doubts I would suggest the possibility of ESFJ with well develop Ne.

B

beyondaurora

I don't know Kyuuei all that well but a couple of times I've come across her express Fe-like attitudes, if you have any type doubts I would suggest the possibility of ESFJ with well develop Ne.

Here, here!:happy0065: You're not alone -- a few of us on Vent have mentioned this to her.