User Tag List

First 220620670710718719720721722730 Last

Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 7428

  1. #7191
    Incredulous Martyr
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni
    Posts
    9,090

    Default

    “Latest” version of MBTI manual is from 1998 lol...

    It’s been like 20 years now.
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. - John Lennon
    Likes we are all mad here liked this post

  2. #7192
    Senior Member Turi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    “Latest” version of MBTI manual is from 1998 lol...

    It’s been like 20 years now.
    .and, what research since then has disproven the tertiary function as being in the opposite to the direction to the dominant function, and instead as being in the same direction as the dominant function?

    A celebrity-types article about function "axis" won't cut it either.
    I'm going to need some stone cold evidence in the form of credible research.

    Shit, if you can provide me with even a single link supporting the validity of the cognitive functions in general, that would absolutely blow my mind because as far as I'm aware, it's nonexistent.
    Likes deathwarmedup liked this post

  3. #7193
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe
    Posts
    7,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    .and, what research since then has disproven the tertiary function as being in the opposite to the direction to the dominant function, and instead as being in the same direction as the dominant function?

    A celebrity-types article about function "axis" won't cut it either.
    I'm going to need some stone cold evidence in the form of credible research.

    Shit, if you can provide me with even a single link supporting the validity of the cognitive functions in general, that would absolutely blow my mind because as far as I'm aware, it's nonexistent.
    Typology as a whole is nonexistent.

  4. #7194
    hedonistic ho ;) /DG/'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    Typology as a whole is nonexistent.
    no u

  5. #7195
    Incredulous Martyr
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni
    Posts
    9,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    .and, what research since then has disproven the tertiary function as being in the opposite to the direction to the dominant function, and instead as being in the same direction as the dominant function?

    A celebrity-types article about function "axis" won't cut it either.
    I'm going to need some stone cold evidence in the form of credible research.

    Shit, if you can provide me with even a single link supporting the validity of the cognitive functions in general, that would absolutely blow my mind because as far as I'm aware, it's nonexistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    Typology as a whole is nonexistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    no u
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. - John Lennon
    Likes Yama liked this post

  6. #7196
    hedonistic ho ;) /DG/'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    RIP Emolga
    Likes Forever liked this post

  7. #7197
    Senior Member Turi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    Typology as a whole is nonexistent.
    There are over 50 years of research and studies behind the dichotomy, it has some validity to it, but it is a soft science nonetheless.
    Cognitive functions on the other hand are practically disproven.
    Likes deathwarmedup liked this post

  8. #7198
    The Devil of TypoC EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    174 so/sx
    Posts
    19,094

    Default

    Question. Possible that my 7 trifix has an 8 wing?

    7 Wings - Enneagram

    I relate to the somewhat lighter quality of 7w6, and the anxiety of it, but it’s way too grounded compared to these descriptions. Not to mention, when I notice myself being more 7, there’s usually a LOT of bravado there. And sometimes a level of competitiveness that makes me uncomfortable.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w8/4w3 so/sx (enneagram)
    member of the month (May 2018)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #7199
    Consistently Inconsistent Stigmata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp
    Posts
    3,578

    Default

    @Neal Caffreynated

    You're probably the most unanimously liked person on this entire forum. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E likes you, including myself, and you just seem so friendly and unassuming.

    However, it's with this said, like the wife of an in-the-closet homosexual state congressmen, I feel like despite every economic advantage and sense of security you've provided us with, I just can't live the lie anymore.

    You're so ENFP it hurts like when I blistered my hands up trying to climb the robe dangling from the ceiling in elementary school gym class, and as soon as you and everyone else learns to accept it (somewhere, deep down, we all really knew where you going and what you were doing when you said you were working late and needed to take Julio the pool boy to work with you to help you sort your filing cabinets in your office), the sooner we can allow the healing process to begin.
    Likes Neal Caffreynated liked this post

  10. #7200
    Senior Member Metis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    @Neal Caffreynated

    You're probably the most unanimously liked person on this entire forum. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E likes you, including myself, and you just seem so friendly and unassuming.

    However, it's with this said, like the wife of an in-the-closet homosexual state congressmen, I feel like despite every economic advantage and sense of security you've provided us with, I just can't live the lie anymore.

    You're so ENFP it hurts like when I blistered my hands up trying to climb the robe dangling from the ceiling in elementary school gym class, and as soon as you and everyone else learns to accept it (somewhere, deep down, we all really knew where you going and what you were doing when you said you were working late and needed to take Julio the pool boy to work with you to help you sort your filing cabinets in your office), the sooner we can allow the healing process to begin.
    Say it isn't so, Neal. 99% of ENFPs I know hate me. This can't be you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO