User Tag List

First 219619669709717718719720721729 Last

Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 7428

Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    I think it does, xNTP.
    You just decide whether you prefer introversion or extraversion - or, if you prefer Ne-Ti, or Ti-Ne.

Here's two more for you, both are very short:

Simple MBTI style test.

Simple Cognitive Fun<wbr>ctions Quiz

If there appears to be a common theme, well, there we go.
    Okay, I got ENFP for both of these.
    Disaster averted. Please return to your regularly scheduled program.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

However You Project Me
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

I think it does, xNTP.
    You just decide whether you prefer introversion or extraversion - or, if you prefer Ne-Ti, or Ti-Ne.

Simple MBTI style test.

I got ESTP and INFJ LOL
    Maybe we can save the world
    From every evil boy and dangerous girl
    Please make me believe in harmony
    Likes Hummingbird Spirit liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 so

Im just going to post it here, once, and then never again at least for a good while.

If I had to guess my own type it would be INFP 9w1 6w 4w5 so dominant EII.

And now, that is all.
    The only kinds of fights worth fighting are those you’re going to lose, because somebody has to fight them and lose and lose and lose until someday, somebody who believes as you do wins.
    I.F. Stone

Johari

Nohari
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post

Back with a Vengeance Hummingbird Spirit's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    163 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESi None

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    But... but.... I'm a clear enneagram 4 and most often test as NFP.
    I FUCKING QUIT.
    *burns TypoC to the ground and moves to tropical island*
    for these I got ISFP and ESTP
    dayum that's NEVER happened to me LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I got ESTP and INFJ LOL
    we;re closet ESTPs forever. I knew it :P
    These were the lovely bones that had grown around my absence:
    the connections—sometimes tenuous, sometimes made at great cost, but often magnificent—that happened after I was gone.
    And I began to see things in a way that let me hold the world without me in it.
    The events my death brought were merely the bones of a body that would become whole at some unpredictable time in the future.
    The price of what I came to see as this miraculous body had been my life.[
    Likes Peter Deadpan, Forever liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I think it does, xNTP.

Simple MBTI style test.

ENFP & ENTP Ne-Ti-F-Si

But on the Simple Cognitive Fun<wbr>actions Quiz, the 2nd question was an absolute Neither/Nor question. I couldn't answer without bias.

On the Simple MBTI style test, this is what's giving me the F result:

...generally aim to point out flaws or inconsistencies... (in a new idea)

or:

...generally look for what is good, or right, about the idea...

I disagree that the difference between an ENTP and an ENFP is that the ENTP would try to disprove the idea foremost and the ENFP would humor it. That's not what I've seen. I actually think it's the opposite. An ENFP, maybe due to Te, is more likely, in practice, to veto an idea, and an ENTP is more likely to humor it and even brainstorm reasons it might be valid.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

@Metis - disagree all you want, that question (and all the others) are adapted from the official mbtionline website.

That one in particular is the least "adapted".

Re: Te in ENFP - not a thing.
    I don't believe in the Harold Grant cognitive functions stack - the official stance is that the tertiary function is in the opposite direction of the dominant function as per table 3.3 of the latest MBTI manual.

T types critique ideas initially - they really want to know if it makes logical sense, can it work, not being douches just.. "does this work" and they scout out flaws in doing this.

F types welcome them initially, great for getting on board, less great at helping identify flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    ENFP & ENTP Ne-Ti-F-Si

But on the Simple Cognitive Fun<wbr>actions Quiz, the 2nd question was an absolute Neither/Nor question. I couldn't answer without bias.

On the Simple MBTI style test, this is what's giving me the F result:

...generally aim to point out flaws or inconsistencies... (in a new idea)

or:

...generally look for what is good, or right, about the idea...

I disagree that the difference between an ENTP and an ENFP is that the ENTP would try to disprove the idea foremost and the ENFP would humor it. That's not what I've seen. I actually think it's the opposite. An ENFP, maybe due to Te, is more likely, in practice, to veto an idea, and an ENTP is more likely to humor it and even brainstorm reasons it might be valid.
    I do both, but I answered the first, if I remember correctly. If it's a close intimate, I don't wanna see them fail, so I'll gently point out certain things. If it's someone less dear to me, I probably don't care as much. That was one of the harder questions for me.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Likes Metis liked this post

@Metis - disagree all you want, that question (and all the others) are adapted from the official mbtionline website.

That one in particular is the least "adapted".

I don't believe in the Harold Grant cognitive functions stack - the official stance is that the tertiary function is in the opposite direction of the dominant function as per table 3.3 of the latest MBTI manual.

T types critique ideas initially - they really want to know if it makes logical sense, can it work, not being douches just.. "does this work" and they scout out flaws in doing this.

F types welcome them initially, great for getting on board, less great at helping identify flaws.
    Oh my god, get over yourself already.
    Oh, my bad, narcissism isn't treatable.
    Carry on.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Oh my god, get over yourself already.
    Oh, my bad, narcissism isn't treatable.
    Carry on.
    It's not narcissism, it's the truth.
    That's one aspect of how T/F works.

That 4 question quiz isn't exactly comprehensive by any means, but the fact is, it's drawing from an aspect of each dichotomy preference, derived from official sources.
    They are all questions that get to the heart of what each divide is about, imo, though.
    Likes Quick liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

It's not narcissism, it's the truth.
    That's one aspect of how T/F works.

That 4 question quiz isn't exactly comprehensive by any means, but the fact is, it's drawing from an aspect of each dichotomy preference, derived from official sources.
    They are all questions that get to the heart of what each divide is about, imo, though.
    I think that for some type pairs, you might be able to use that, but it's more complicated than a T/F divide. It might work for INTJ/INFJ, for example, or for ISTJ/ISFJ. It would be interesting to test that, actually, with all F/T type pairs, and see how it correlates.

I do, however, think that it has a lot to do with the N function and how one uses it, so it's not a straightforward F/T matter. In the case of an ISFJ, the person might be willing to consider possibilities because it seems polite or kind, whereas an ENFP or ENTP might be in brainstorming mode or have more of a "Yes And" mindset when it comes to possibilities, rather than trying to be kind or accommodating. Te being a valid cognitive function or not, an ENFP is likely to take a somewhat more "practical" position on the matter when it comes down to making a decision on it, I think, than an ENTP. The ENFP will brainstorm and "yes, and" for the sake of entertaining/interesting conversation, and the ENTP will also brainstorm ways that something WON'T work (which might be just as farfetched as the idea itself, depending on the stakes), but neither is going to be a type that approaches a conversation like this: "Let me tell you why that plan won't work," or "Let me tell you why Statement A is false, according to Source 1, Presupposition G, and Principle 4.a, and why Statement B is the correct statement for the textbooks." It isn't the Ne Way. If an ENTP tells you why a plan won't work, it's likely that the ENTP is taking the plan seriously and looking for ways to make it more likely to work; it's a brainstorming exercise. If an ISTJ tells you why it won't work, it comes across more like a veto. If an ENFP tells you why it won't work, it's more likely to come across as a kind explanation of why s/he has decided against it; actually, I think an ENFP is less likely to get into WHY it won't work, at that point. But if s/he does explain why, it's not likely to feel like a brainstorming session, so much as a serious Group Discussion on a matter that needs resolving.

LOL! Super INTJ Style!
    Likes thepumpkinpot liked this post