User Tag List

First 215615665705713714715716717725 Last

Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 7389

  1. #7141
    Senior Member deathwarmedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    IXTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    @reckful is ISTJ
    It's crossed my mind.

  2. #7142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    24,871

    Default

    I think I may be mistyped.

  3. #7143
    Senior Member Turi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I think I may be mistyped.
    Why do you think that?

  4. #7144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    24,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    Why do you think that?
    The MBTI and Enneagram result, I was thinking the socionics would allow me to triangulate but the quiz keeps crashing.

  5. #7145
    was here that's not my name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ISIS
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLI Si
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    @reckful is ISTJ
    Would be interested to know what makes you think that. He seems N to me to be honest.
    Life is a work of art.
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

  6. #7146
    Senior Member Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    3,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by that's not my name View Post
    Would be interested to know what makes you think that. He seems N to me to be honest.
    1. @reckful gathers lots of exact evidence for posts, which yes INTJs can do, but you know ISTJs love the details more than INTJs. INTJs need to have a good reason to include specifics, and a forum is often not a strong enough reason.

    2. He once said that dealing with aesthetics was an N thing, but it's actually an S thing. I think he may be into aesthetics, so he shoved it in the N framework so it somehow fit to avoid cognitive dissonance.

    3.He doesn't seem abstract enough

    4.He doesn't seem like others Ns on this site such as starry and coriolis

    5.He doesn't vibe as an N
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

    johari
    nohari
    avatar
    Likes Xann, that's not my name, magpie liked this post

  7. #7147
    Senior Member reckful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    2. He once said that dealing with aesthetics was an N thing, but it's actually an S thing. I think he may be into aesthetics, so he shoved it in the N framework so it somehow fit to avoid cognitive dissonance.
    It sounds like somebody could benefit from reading this post.

  8. #7148
    was here that's not my name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ISIS
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLI Si
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    1. @reckful gathers lots of exact evidence for posts, which yes INTJs can do, but you know ISTJs love the details more than INTJs. INTJs need to have a good reason to include specifics, and a forum is often not a strong enough reason.
    Interesting, that was not particularly apparent from the single interaction I had with him, so I'll have to investigate it further.
    2. He once said that dealing with aesthetics was an N thing, but it's actually an S thing. I think he may be into aesthetics, so he shoved it in the N framework so it somehow fit to avoid cognitive dissonance.
    Aesthetics as in what exactly? My parents are Art Historians and both are N types, I don't think that excludes someone from being an N type (or an S type for that matter). IMO
    3.He doesn't seem abstract enough
    In the interaction I had with him he was talking about dichotomy vs functions and it was almost entirely theoretical. It may not be his norm. What is abstract enough though?
    4.He doesn't seem like others Ns on this site such as starry and coriolis
    Well not all Ns are alike and especially on the internet, not everyone who thinks they are one is. But lets assume for a second that everyone who claims to be and intuitive on here is, in what way isn't he like them that makes you think he is not an N?
    5.He doesn't vibe as an N
    I don't really know what this means but I assume its more of a sum of the parts thing, in my interaction with him I'd say it was the opposite, but again maybe it was not the norm.

    Not trying to start an argument, and you don't have to elaborate if you don't want to, I'm not convinced yet but I will do some research and maybe what you said will become more clear.
    Life is a work of art.
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

  9. #7149
    Senior Member Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    3,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    It sounds like somebody could benefit from reading this post.
    I disagree. I don't think mbti statistics are accurate, and neither are tests. MBTI is about mindsets, not about cognitive machine.

    Are you worried about people thinking you aren't as smart, imaginative if you were ISTJ? Are you worried about typing as ISTJ because people will think you are a mindless sheep? Don't worry. You can type as you truly are. Don't pay any mind to people who criticize you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by that's not my name View Post
    Interesting, that was not particularly apparent from the single interaction I had with him, so I'll have to investigate it further.

    Aesthetics as in what exactly? My parents are Art Historians and both are N types, I don't think that excludes someone from being an N type (or an S type for that matter). IMO

    In the interaction I had with him he was talking about dichotomy vs functions and it was almost entirely theoretical. It may not be his norm. What is abstract enough though?

    Well not all Ns are alike and especially on the internet, not everyone who thinks they are one is. But lets assume for a second that everyone who claims to be and intuitive on here is, in what way isn't he like them that makes you think he is not an N?

    I don't really know what this means but I assume its more of a sum of the parts thing, in my interaction with him I'd say it was the opposite, but again maybe it was not the norm.

    Not trying to start an argument, and you don't have to elaborate if you don't want to, I'm not convinced yet but I will do some research and maybe what you said will become more clear.
    Well there are different methods to type people. We may just use different ones.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

    johari
    nohari
    avatar
    Likes that's not my name liked this post

  10. #7150
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe
    Posts
    8,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    It sounds like somebody could benefit from reading this post.
    That post gave me an aneurysm. The N bias is too real. You are part of the problem.
    Likes magpie liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO