Results 7,061 to 7,070 of 7271

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTP None

Quote Originally Posted by virtualinsanity View Post
    What makes you think you lead with Ni over Si and when you said "routine" do you mean routines that you fell into for the sake of "comfort" and what you're used to or routine for the sake of efficiency?
    Efficiency-based routines. And as far as the Ni thing goes, I just find that most of my inspiration comes from thoughts/ideas/speculations/theories than it does from concrete, observable things in my immediate physical environment. Also, my memory is shit, something Si doms don't seem to struggle with. I also struggled greatly in the public education system (something most S types don't do) and was more focused on achieving things for my own personal sense of success, not someone else's definition of success via a "grade". This resulted on me being more focused on doodling/making drawings on the borders of the papers that I was supposed to be working on than I was focused on actually doing the work.

MBTI
    --TP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoated 4 fun View Post
    Efficency-based routines. And as far as the Ni thing goes, I just find that most of my inspiration comes from thoughts/ideas/speculations/theories than it does from concrete, observable things in my immediate physical environment. Also, my memory is shit, something Si doms don't seem to struggle with. I also struggled greatly in the public education system (something most S types don't do) and was more focused on achieving things for my own personal sense of success, not someone else's definition of success via a "grade". This resulted on me being more focused on doodling/making drawings on the borders of the papers that I was supposed to be working on than I was focused on actually doing the work.
    Inspiration coming from thoughts, ideas, or theories sounds more like Ti/Ne than it does Ni. Ni is the function that picks up on underlying patterns without conscious analyzation. Ni gets insights that come from subconscious Se data . Ni users can make leaps about the future...
    How do you use Ni within your personality in that way? Ni doesn't seem to be speculative but appears more definitive due to unconscious or quiet "brainstorming."
    You seem to be describing Ne.
    Also, I'm not sure about equating bad memory with lack of Si as those with dementia or short term memory loss suffer the same. Si is more about long lasting impressions/impacts. The Si users remember the specific impressions in great detail but not necessarily equal to great memory, altogether.
    I'm a bit confused about the Ni/Ne spectrum for you.
    Likes asynartetic, Red Ribbon, Korvinagor liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTP None

Quote Originally Posted by virtualinsanity View Post
    Inspiration coming from thoughts, ideas, or theories sounds more like Ti/Ne than it does Ni. Ni is the function that picks up on underlying patterns without conscious analyzation. Ni gets insights that come from subconscious Se data . Ni users can make leaps about the future...
    How do you use Ni within your personality in that way? Ni doesn't seem to be speculative but appears more definitive due to unconscious or quiet "brainstorming."
    You seem to be describing Ne.
    Although I see what you're saying and agree with you in a general sense, I think that all intuitive types draw inspiration from thoughts/ideas/speculation at least moreso than sensors

Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I get frustrated with inaccuracy, I get frustrated when my plans/routines are interrupted, I don't enjoy exploring concepts for the journey, I usually explore concepts for the sake of reaching a conclusion about something or to decide what to do about something. I'm also much more focused on my personal relationships than most INTPs I've known, I'm more relationship-oriented. Also, disorganization/disorder/chaos in my environment really stresses me out and I usually have to be alone after being in an environment like that. I also have extremely bad obsessive compulsive tendencies, worse than pretty much anyone I know.
    focused with inaccuracy is more of a Ti quality than a Te quality.. Te wants the job done, of course we all want everything right.. but Te is getting what's produced fastest. Ti kind of does the fixing part. You could be an organized INTP with Si tendencies.

You sound very Ji (dominant judging) so INTP first function is Ti.

P's are so badly stereotyped.
    Forever Flowing
    Pisces/Mercury/Black Moon Lilith Rising | Pisces/Aries Sun | Aries Moon
    Likes virtualinsanity, Korvinagor liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTP None

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    focused with inaccuracy is more of a Ti quality than a Te quality.. Te wants the job done, of course we all want everything right.. but Te is getting what's produced fastest. Ti kind of does the fixing part. You could be an organized INTP with Si tendencies.

P's are so badly stereotyped.
    Nah, I think P's in general are less concerned with accuracy than J's.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

case in point.
    Forever Flowing
    Pisces/Mercury/Black Moon Lilith Rising | Pisces/Aries Sun | Aries Moon
    Likes Scapegoated 4 fun liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

IXTPs are sluts for accuracy.

Also Ns do not have fundamentally more difficult life than Ss. I believe that many people who blame their difficulties on school witht heir type are looking for an explanation for their less than steller grades other than lack of intelligence. I didn't do as well as I could've in school not because of my type or intelligence, but because when I was younger my dad and teachers would show frustration and annoyance when I didn't get things right away, and gave up on teaching me which ended up in extremely poor self esteem. I am telling you this because I think you and many other Ns may have a similar problem. You should try and change yourself instead of making excuses.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes Red Ribbon liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTP None

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post

...Also Ns do not have fundamentally more difficult life than Ss.....
    when did I say that?

blessblessblessblessing human garbage asynartetic's Avatar

I feel confident I have a good grasp on the distinction between Ti and Te. I think I use Ti more proficiently. Agree/disagree?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTP None

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post

Also Ns do not have fundamentally more difficult life than Ss. I believe that many people who blame their difficulties on school witht heir type are looking for an explanation for their less than steller grades other than lack of intelligence. I didn't do as well as I could've in school not because of my type or intelligence, but because when I was younger my dad and teachers would show frustration and annoyance when I didn't get things right away, and gave up on teaching me which ended up in extremely poor self esteem. I am telling you this because I think you and many other Ns may have a similar problem. You should try and change yourself instead of making excuses.
    actually, how well you do in school could very well have to do with type as our current system favors sensation to intuition and for every intuitive there are twice as many sensors. Being in the minority means the systems in place have a lower likelihood of being able to meet/accommodate your needs.