Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    That would have made me so uncomfortable though!. Like, I feel like I've done that before...perhaps many times. Say the exact opposite of the post directly above because I missed it leaving that poster to be like wtf? Anyway, I do think what you said is the prevailing understanding.
    Haha oh my goodness, yes, totally get ya. I do have certain things that just don't sit well with me either. Like oh, it can be perceived this way but serious! Didn't mean that. Usually those moments come from my lack of attention to detail and totally just overlooking the obvious at times. I've gotten better though, but wow do I have my stories to tell. Perhaps that'd be a fun thread topic. One such example, is I could've sworn that was what the "Sensotard" thread was all about, not noticing things about your environment. I post in it with a story, and sure enough, I realize later that thread was actually a slam against sensors! Whoops
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    Still rubbing it in about the laser business . Silicon is a good laser element. Im not sure about titanium but i can say you INTJs cannot make lasers as you lack Si and Ti while these are both materials i have access to as an ENTP plus i can add Neon for decoration just to boast that i can make chaos and destruction look pretty. Hey I can see the Ne vs Ni differences here. I am vomiting all over you with Ne then you are collecting the vomit and directing it back to me in a high pressure stream.
    Exactly. Now what does that sound like?

You have the elements backwards. Titanium in sapphire has been a workhorse research laser for decades, while silicon as a laser is mostly a dud save for a few lab table curiosities. You are correct about neon, though. It is mostly good for decoration - and alignment of optical systems. ENTP's can probably be entrusted with those as the power rarely exceeds a few mW.

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasmsunshine View Post
    I dunno where you guys are getting high Fe from @Brain in a Jar. They seem like they have a healthy tert Fe.
    My estimation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNP-TBA View Post
    Based on the couple posts of Brain in a Jar I'd say xNTP/xNTJ.
    There's no way he is a J. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    I totally feel like I'm currently conducting some experiment on you right now haha
    It's about time, too. Why else would someone keep a brain in a jar if not for future experimentation?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post

MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It's about time, too. Why else would someone keep a brain in a jar if not for future experimentation?
    Because it looks cool..?
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Did 9/11 View Post
    Because it looks cool..?
    Hey - you cannot have your brain and dissect it, too.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

I feel I should probably interject into this entertaining witch hunt; given (I think at least.) I was the first to use the term forced Ne in relation to Brain in the Jar. To clarify exactly what I meant by that.

A forced function is the overextension of the stunted tertiary; one has enough control over it to amp it up but not to control its simplistic nature. It's also antagonistic to the lead function; leading to a cyclical inhibition. To put it in context: Ne jumps from point to point, tertiary Ne will jump from point A to point B etc at no moment will you be unable to follow their train of thought. Je functions on the other hand are about external objective metrics; so at some point in their jumping the correct response will be obtained. At which time the methodical jumping will slow down essentially reverting to their natural state. To use Brain as an example; just look at his continuous chemistry/function puns. Even when tertiary Ne is amped up it is still ludicrously consistent.
    Just looking for a protector, God never reached out in time, There's love, that is a saviour, But that ain't no love of mine
    My Love it kills me slowly, Slowly I could die, And when she sleeps she hears the blues, Sees shades of black and white

ornery ornithologist captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I still insist that @highlander is secretly an ISTJ.
    Jarlaxle/Mane: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug
    Likes Kierva liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    I still insist that @highlander is secretly an ISTJ.
    Not even close to one. Sorry. It's the 6 that is tripping you up.

Enneagram and MBTI Correlation - Typology Wiki

"Reflecting the the higher frequency of 6 among sensors and higher percentage of sensors in the population as a whole, it can be observed that 87% - 89% of Enneagram 6s are Sensors. There was an especially strong correlation specifically between Enneagram 6 and the SJ Temperament. ISTJs and ISFJs are the two types that are most likely to be Enneagram 6 and these two types alone constitute 46% - 57% of the Enneagram 6s in the overall population."

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    There's no way he is a J. Just no.
    Aww, you don't want him?? I feel like this is some sad flashback to a high school team selection between two captains.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Lord Lavender liked this post

Lyle the Zombiecorn Lord Lavender's Avatar
    MBTI
    LORD
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    I feel I should probably interject into this entertaining witch hunt; given (I think at least.) I was the first to use the term forced Ne in relation to Brain in the Jar. To clarify exactly what I meant by that.

A forced function is the overextension of the stunted tertiary; one has enough control over it to amp it up but not to control its simplistic nature. It's also antagonistic to the lead function; leading to a cyclical inhibition. To put it in context: Ne jumps from point to point, tertiary Ne will jump from point A to point B etc at no moment will you be unable to follow their train of thought. Je functions on the other hand are about external objective metrics; so at some point in their jumping the correct response will be obtained. At which time the methodical jumping will slow down essentially reverting to their natural state. To use Brain as an example; just look at his continuous chemistry/function puns. Even when tertiary Ne is amped up it is still ludicrously consistent.
    You make a very compelling argument. While I am a natural at using Ne in debates to get my point across ( I resort to analogies and metaphors to get my points across and can create them on the spot) there is a certain consistency in them that i wouldn't expect from a Ne dom. I would think for a Ne dom their Ne would be like a cloud as it is all encompassing and they can call upon it at any time. I think my Ne function is more like a writing desk as I write down my Ne and keep it in a Si filing cabent for future use like with my function puns. Plus i notice i do hyper empathize logic which means it is probably my inferior function like say for instance a man who is insecure in say for instance his writing skills will boast at how good he is at writing. I seem to have a very natural grasp of Fe as well as i seem to have an uncanny abillty to put an end to political debates i have ended up in by finding common ground despite different perspectives (Fe-Ne).

In real life many people think i am a xNxP type but this is due to shallow traits. Again I resemble a xNxP type on the surface due to my interest in science, my nerdy nature and love of what if debates (What if native Americans invaded Europe and what possible changes to the timeline could lead to that and e.t.c) plus my disorganized,spacey and lack of detail orientation but again MBTI is cognition not surface traits. Like many people might think a whale is a fish just because they look similar when they are enterly different animals.

I see what you mean by not bouncing around as much as a Ne dom. Ne doms bounce from building to building, aux from room to room, tert around the room and inferior jumping on the spot.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    Hey guys i feel as if ive been the topic of some debate. Im flattened with having a couple of pages devoted to me. I came home from an outing with friends to this . I dont feel as i am being ganged up on and in fact love the fact that i can critically discuss my true type.
    And many more!!!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post