User Tag List

First 168568618658666667668669670678718 Last

Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 7428

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasmsunshine View Post
    The 'mask-wearing' part is a really good point, but if anything, your description of Brain makes them sound like a sassy ISFJ. If Fe is their dominant function, I fail to see their inferior Ti.

Maybe the 2-dom is what is making their tertiary Fe seem more prevelant than it is? After all, they are a so/sx.
    I find his inferior Ti very apparent actually. He is most always impression of itself. There is no assessment of the impressions being conducted as per any sort of higher Ji. Only a very similar caricature of Ti, as also touched upon by the poster I referenced, being expressed when desiring to move others toward agreeing INTP.

I believe his most natural pattern is all convincing>grounded in archetypal impression in that order, the order I stated things in wasn't meant to imply their prevalence, his way is not primarily based on perception but rather convincing through the perception as I already stated.

Which as a whole is why I don't consider ISFJ as valid an option.

"All doors are open to the believer. It is the lesson of the Samaritan woman at the well."
    Likes Dreamer, Lord Lavender, Dr Mobius liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Based on the couple posts of Brain in a Jar I'd say xNTP/xNTJ.
    Likes Dreamer, Merced, Lord Lavender liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

@ZNP-TBA

Is clearly a meerschaum pipe smoker who has disguised his pipe as a briar!

We cannot let the dastardly shitlord get away with this.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Starry liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hey @Brain in a Jar, if you don't mind, I have a few questions for you. This will go against all better judgement of mine but let's try something, consider all the stereotypes of each type, the image each conjures up for you, all their positives and negatives, which type appeals to you and why? Not, which one you most identify with, but the type you like. The type you know you aren't but admire, and why?
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ESFJ View Post
    As well pointed out by apathylex, Jar changes his behavior in order to fit his current/desired typological profile. At this time, this behavior is a caricature of Ne, based upon the mark the thing has left within his jar. The archetypal Ne gathered from reading many an xNTP description and refining them into this. This is his perception of what a Ne dom is.
    I think we need an experiment. Set his type to ESFJ and watch him adjust, see if he overdoes the Fe, too, in order to fit the type.

What could possibly go wrong

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by There View Post
    I think we need an experiment. Set his type to ESFJ and watch him adjust, see if he overdoes the Fe, too, in order to fit the type.

What could possibly go wrong
    Shoot, if the hypothesis is correct, we'd see insurmountable Fe. Sorry @Brain in a Jar, I totally feel like I'm currently conducting some experiment on you right now haha
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Likes Lord Lavender, There liked this post

this call is bein taped asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasmsunshine View Post
    I dunno where you guys are getting high Fe from @Brain in a Jar. They seem like they have a healthy tert Fe.

Y'all are crazy. Every time someone has social prowess, someone shouts ESFJ. Other types can be nice, friendly, and people oriented too! The trait is not FJ exclusive!
    I'm not ruling out ENTP, it still seems like a good possibility.

I know it looks like we're ganging up on him but it's sort of a rite of passage for members and I think a lot of us will be called out at least once in our time here; it's healthy to consider other types. Maybe he already has considered ESFJ and decided ENTP was a better fit--if so, good, if not, I think ESFJ is worth looking at. They can "vibe" similarly to ENxPs, especially the "intellectual" ESFJs. Quotation marks used not because I think intellectual ESFJs aren't the norm, but because it's a facet of their personalities that isn't always at the forefront and often goes overlooked as a result. @Starry called ESFJs the people's ENFP. Two different letters misleads us to how similar they can be, that similarity can also present itself with ENTPs.

Either way I think there's a lot of Ne usage as I see a lot of pattern recognition and definitely a capacity for trans-contextual thinking with @Brain in a Jar.

Fe also apparent, but is it the finely tuned dominant Fe? Difficult to tell, maybe after I've seen more of his interaction style.

More difficult to tell which introverted functions he uses, but he seems to be a taxonomist (not in the narrow sense), so the Ti might be strong with this one. Fi taxonimists certainly exist as well, but in a very different flavor, something that would be interesting to discuss, a Fi taxonomy vs Ti taxonomy thread perhaps.

Would I say ENTJ? I think other ENTJs would be a better judge. There's something about them that I can't quite put my finger on, but it's in most of the ENTJs who still type as such on this site. I don't see this unnamed quality in ENTPs so much, nor do I see it in Brain, but I don't know him as well as the other ENTJs yet. Maybe that facet is simply invisible to me. Or maybe he isn't one There is a playful side to ENTJs, it's just a bit more restrained and clipped than what I usually see in ENTPs and ESFJs. It seems like many extroverts think they're an ENTJ at some point, and I wonder if it is due to a widespread misunderstanding of the type, poorly written type descriptions overplaying the E and J whilst failing to convey the NT element, or a combination...

Edit- sorry for being so vague
    Likes Lord Lavender, Dreamer, Starry liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Shoot, if the hypothesis is correct, we'd see insurmountable Fe. Sorry @Brain in a Jar, I totally feel like I'm currently conducting some experiment on you right now haha

Insurmountable is a beautiful word, and yes, this is what I'm sort of expecting.

*distributes clipboards and safety goggles*
    Likes Dreamer, Lord Lavender liked this post

Destroyer of Souls Lord Lavender's Avatar
    Enneagram
    7w6

Hey guys i feel as if ive been the topic of some debate. Im flattened with having a couple of pages devoted to me. I came home from an outing with friends to this . I dont feel as i am being ganged up on and in fact love the fact that i can critically discuss my true type.
    Likes Dreamer, asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    I'm not ruling out ENTP, it still seems like a good possibility.

I know it looks like we're ganging up on him but it's sort of a rite of passage for members and I think a lot of us will be called out at least once in our time here; it's healthy to consider other types. Maybe he already has considered ESFJ and decided ENTP was a better fit--if so, good, if not, I think ESFJ is worth looking at. They can "vibe" similarly to ENxPs, especially the "intellectual" ESFJs. Quotation marks used not because I think intellectual ESFJs aren't the norm, but because it's a facet of their personalities that isn't always at the forefront and often goes overlooked as a result.

Either way I think there's a lot of Ne usage as I see a lot of pattern recognition and definitely a capacity for trans-contextual thinking with @Brain in a Jar.

Fe also apparent, but is it the finely tuned dominant Fe? Difficult to tell, maybe after I've seen more of his interaction style.

More difficult to tell which introverted functions he uses, but he seems to be a taxonomist (not in the narrow sense), so the Ti might be strong with this one. Fi taxonimists certainly exist as well, but in a very different flavor, something that would be interesting to discuss, a Fi taxonomy vs Ti taxonomy thread perhaps.
    Totally agree, the Ne is definitely there, and I don't think it's forced or fabricated either. So far he seems to only use it as a way to socialize with people, at least his latest posts are obvious of this. This leads me to lean towards Ne being his first extroverted function, not second as say, an ESFJ. Just an initial thought though.

And as far as the "right of passage", ugh, that was a doozy. I could've done without mine. In the very least, I am now more sure than ever of my type because of the ordeal. But wow, there must be some better initiation to the site haha
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Likes asynartetic, Lord Lavender liked this post