Incredulous Martyr
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Did 9/11 View Post
    @Forever: stupid question, but what do you mean by working backward from shadow functions? Do you mean ruling out what the person doesn't seem to value or "use"?
    Yes but more by what form or function that person tends to distrust but like Anaximander's strongest shadow function is Te which he will sometimes use to support his way of life but obviously if I typed him correctly Ti and Ne/Se should be his way to approach life.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    That's what confused me. @Forever, how did you determine which shadow functions? Was it a vibe thing or did you choose a best fit from some other method?

Just trying to get a handle on your method
    Yeah so I studied the roles of each of the shadow functions and I determined Te to be your best but you'll use that function if somehow you need a backup like if it's a stressful situation. Unlike your inferior you actually trust a little bit of your 5th and have somewhat of a grasp of it.
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. - John Lennon

Incredulous Martyr
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

If aux Fe is my function I'd say it ebbs and flows everyday. I trust my feelings more than reason often even if experience says otherwise. I am worried about how I might offend others due to the choices I make in life. How I relate to society as a whole.

If I see someone suffer I help in any way I can. Lesser use of Fe because of bad experience can make me distrust society in general and think most of humanity isn't worth saving but that's a lie we tell ourselves when we're hurt.

I can absorb feelings and often wonder why do I feel this way? Ni gives me possibilities where Fe can select which will be the best. It's learning to be comfortable with all emotions.

An Fi user may explore the emotion like the deep sea but an Fe user is like constantly jumping between a pool and a spa and perhaps a jacuzzi when confused.

People strangers or not. Are always on your mind even if they've done little for you. Seeing a familiar face or similar can trigger that. The person next to you in line. The cashier. People are your #1 priority in your mind even and especially if you dislike them.

Shame can be increased for 4's. Not blending in, not being accepted by the group ruins your day. You don't understand when people tell you to ignore your emotions as that is telling you, cut off your primary source of knowledge. People are your knowledge. My mind's eye draws possibilities who of this person is next to me. What is he or she like. What does he or she think or feel about me as of right now? What can I do to make an impact on his or her life in a way that will benefit him or her or everyone.

I think about users I like and dislike my mind is a radar always on. Ni helps keeps me knowing the current essence of that person. A point that can go in any direction at any time.

True joy is when everyone around you is in unison and you can join along.

Now that's my Ni Fe perspective. Si Fe will be a little bit different and may not as encompassing as Ni user may have.

Hope this helps.
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. - John Lennon
    Likes SearchingforPeace, asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I'm certain that i'm an INFP but i'm curious if anyone thinks i'm any other type but I don't stereotypes. Explain it to me via the functions aka properly.

Incredulous Martyr
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    I'm certain that i'm an INFP but i'm curious if anyone thinks i'm any other type but I don't stereotypes. Explain it to me via the functions aka properly.
    You vibe SP to me
    Likes Yama liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    @Hawthorne I typed you so far as IxTJ by working backwards with your shadow functions. I can't figure if you prefer Si Ne or Ni Se
    ...that's a very clever way to do that. Maybe I'll try it next time I have trouble.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    What do you think my sociotype is?

Expression.

I really hate expressing my emotions. Hate it. It makes me emotionally vulnerable. But when I'm swept over by strong emotions, you can tell. I'm easy to read. If I'm anxious and panicky, you know. If I'm happy, you know. If I'm angry, you know. Not necessarily because of words, but because of body language that I can't hide.
    I think you have Fe but with Ni because you relate to the past aspect of Si in mbti, but not the physical sensation aspect of Si in socionoics. Ni in socionics focuses on time in general. I'm not a socionics expert, but I just know that you don't fit the socionics definition of si.

While I'm on this thread I'l share my opinions with others.

@theforsaken ISFJ

@cascadeco ISFJ

@Hard ESTJ

@OrangeAppled ISFP

@magpie INFP

@Xann ENTJ

johari
    nohari
    Likes magpie, Forever, Xann, Lady Lazarus, cascadeco liked this post

Incredulous Martyr
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    ...that's a very clever way to do that. Maybe I'll try it next time I have trouble.
    I think it's only best to judge that way have you seen the person for a while and the conscious functions aren't that apparent. Use at your own discretion lol.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I think it's only best to judge that way have you seen the person for a while and the conscious functions aren't that apparent. Use at your own discretion lol.
    It's how I typed my husband. I always knewhe's an INFX and recently decided on J.

I noted how he looses his absolute shit when when things do not exactly as planned. Even when the change is not even negative.

One of the best examples was when we first moved in together:

Me: I just realized that our bed frame wont fit through the bedroom door...
    Him:*super fucking angry* Whaaat!? Well then what the fuck are we supposed to !?
    Me: Take it apart and put it together inside the bedroom.
    Him:GODDAMNIT NO!
    Then he went off and pouted over it and my broken ass had to put it together myself.

...then I noticed that he takes a notebook and pen with him everywhere. I know it's also attributed to creative types-and he is- but without his notebooks he " can't even."
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Incredulous Martyr
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    It's how I typed my husband. I always knewhe's an INFX and recently decided on J.

I noted how he looses his absolute shit when when things do not exactly as planned. Even when the change is not even negative.

One of the best examples was when we first moved in together:

Me: I just realized that our bed frame wont fit through the bedroom door...
    Him:*super fucking angry* Whaaat!? Well then what the fuck are we supposed to !?
    Me: Take it apart and put it together inside the bedroom.
    Him:GODDAMNIT NO!
    Then he went off and pouted over it and my broken ass had to put it together myself.

...then I noticed that he takes a notebook and pen with him everywhere. I know it's also attributed to creative types-and he is- but without his notebooks he " can't even."
    I mean sure I get irritated only if you kept ignoring that I knew the better way and your way didn't work but I don't get THAT angry even then. But I don't blow up over things like that, my category of extreme anger is more of social issues.

He may be more of Te (J) than Fe (J). But then again Idk him.

INFJ's are flexible, they're the least judging out of all EJ and IJ types lol. They're slightly judging. INJ's are like sometimes mocked for being "lazy." They want alone time to daydream about how to plan reality and even then their plans are very loose form. Very impressionistic and not concrete like. (TJ's probably much more concrete than FJ's)

ENTJ and ESTJ are like probably the highest out of all judging types.

And IP's can be very judging if they haven't developed their auxiliary perceiving function well.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    I think you have Fe but with Ni because you relate to the past aspect of Si in mbti, but not the physical sensation aspect of Si in socionoics. Ni in socionics focuses on time in general. I'm not a socionics expert, but I just know that you don't fit the socionics definition of si.
    IEI or EIE?