First 157557607647655656657658659667707 Last

Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 7334

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    I get this @awbro because I still have questions about my typing. I have no problem admitting that I am still in flux when considering it and be wrong in my own assumptions.

Honestly, I can relate a lot to what @Anaximander is saying re: typing being murky if other factors are present. This year (co-inciding with my time on the forum) has been the largest year of transition in life circumstances I have ever had. I have been upending long-held habits and beliefs, changing careers, implementing more healthy boundaries and struggling with the processing of grief and what’s involved in moving on. Lots has been positive but I’ve also made mistakes and this year has felt like a LOT of action/reflection/change/practical implementation.

So, that may play a part in things.

I feel the most kinship (at this point in time) with: ISFJ, ISFP, or INFP.

I try to observe other people and take note of their type if I relate to them.

- I will probably forget people… but the member’s who most provoke the feeling of “wow, my brain would have thought or written EXACTLY like that or I would have done what they are describing” are: @Enthusiastic_Dreamer, @Eskimo2, @magpie, @Starry (though my brain is less interesting in manifestation), @Giggly, @Amargith, @prplchknz, @Coriolis, @miss fortune, @Qlip, @Xann and @Kas.

- STP’s like @Poki, @MDP2525 and @Floki give me a different feeling. I feel like I ‘recognize’ their thinking and it is familiar & welcome. But, I see clearly how we walked different paths to get there. Same with NTP's like @Obfuscate or @JAVO.

- With NFJ's or NTJ's like @fidelia, @Z Buck McFate, @Urarienev, @Forever, @geedoenfj, @theforsaken... I get a feeling of kinship from their actions and expressions too but it is different. I feel like I am snorkelling and I can see them scuba diving below me. We are enjoying the same environment and can wave to each other but are navigating it differently.

I also relate A LOT to @Spanky Mcfly is some ways. Even though we may seem different from a superficial perspective, I think we share a lot of the same ways of arriving at things that are in the existential realm.

Not sure if that offers insight or just confuses things?
    I think your type is difficult to pin down because you've developed the ability to use a lot of cognitive functions.

What's most apparent to me from your above post is how you are able to relate to many different types of people. You have something really special that draws people to you. Even when you're not able to truly relate to someone else, you can respect and make room for their perspective.

I don't know if it makes sense to reduce that down to a cognitive function. Whatever it is, it's special.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I think your type is difficult to pin down because you've developed the ability to use a lot of cognitive functions.

What's most apparent to me from your above post is how you are able to relate to many different types of people. You have something really special that draws people to you. Even when you're not able to truly relate to someone else, you can respect and make room for their perspective.

I don't know if it makes sense to reduce that down to a cognitive function. Whatever it is, it's special.
    Not to claim that I'm special or anything but this just reminded of a previous thought I had about myself. I probably send mixed feelings especially over J/P.
    I'm pretty sure that I am naturally "J" -when people do insist that I organize, I am quite good at it and things tend to work better for me when I do- but I would also say that being adaptable is one of my greatest strengths, mainly because it's been so necessary-and continues to be a great help- for me to get by.

I'm sure this sort of thing happens a lot.
    Likes magpie, Cloudpatrol liked this post

Thank you guys for helping me think!
    No time is ever wasted.
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

Professonal Wierdo Lord Lavender's Avatar
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

What type vibe do i overall give off by the way?
    9w8 7w6 3w4

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    My therapist said that when I told her different perspectives of just one instance and she thought something was wrong with my brain lol.

Me an ISFJ? :p I'd be an incredibly different SJ due to strong disagreements I have had in the past with Si types. They see so differently than me. It's like they're content in the situation where everything is the same even if it's shitty. It makes no sense to me. (I perceive it to be terrible but to them, consistency > possibilities)

I was someone who'd always switch up everything when I teach something even to my own detriment. If anything I'm much more likely to be Ne than Si. I also make tons of mistakes due to lack of preparedness. Si types tend to be defensive pessimistic and I'm like the opposite when I tackle a new situation overly optimistic coming out badly burned.

I'm really negative with the past.
    haha I was just messin with ya

But man, how I DO appreciate a break from my own head at times. I don't think of all these possible answers to a situation as you described, but I do often ruminate on rather vague things in life like personal goals, where I see myself, what I ultimately want. The problem with that is, I never know for sure. I am usually within range of the target, but I can never be absolutely sure what my path is or what I truly want in life. Those sorts of thoughts can bog me down and pull me from the moment no matter how fantastic it may be. I'm still lookin out for my ESFP bestie
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Oh I don't want to deal with the mess of socionics until I have gotten sure of my understanding of MBTI haha. I really don't like their Fe description. And I'm trusting you on the Si.
    Haha, I'm the opposite. I really like the way socionics defines Fe and detest the way it describes Si. /unrelated

Knows the best words asynartetic's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w9 so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What combination of type and mental illness do I vibe?

SFx and Schizotypal?

I believe my mental problems impair my social abilities to the point that I take the NT label as an easier fit, but I lack in logical and analytical abilities, making it an unhealthy form of compensation.

So I compensate for one weakness (which should be a strength, barring mental illness) with another weakness.
    Likes ChocolateMoose123 liked this post

Professonal Wierdo Lord Lavender's Avatar
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    What combination of type and mental illness do I vibe?

SFx and Schizotypal?

I believe my mental problems impair my social abilities to the point that I take the NT label as an easier fit, but I lack in logical and analytical abilities, making it an unhealthy form of compensation.

So I compensate for one weakness (which should be a strength, barring mental illness) with another weakness.
    Mentally ill people cannot be confidently typed. If you have phases of good mental health you should type based on that as that is your natural self.
    9w8 7w6 3w4
    Likes ChocolateMoose123 liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w9 so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    Mentally ill people cannot be confidently typed. If you have phases of good mental health you should type based on that as that is your natural self.
    Understood. Just wanted to read others' opinions for fun.
    Likes Lord Lavender, ChocolateMoose123 liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w9 so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Where is @Starry? This thread sees a burst in activity every so often and her input is always nice to see in the mix.