User Tag List

First 156556606646654655656657658666706 Last

Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 7389

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclepath View Post
    You ever looked into Socionics? The farce of MBTI Si is one of the most loathsome ideas I have ever come across. My girlfriend is an xSFJ and she's one of the most impulsive people you'll meet. She's... wild.

And if Si is bad enough, inferior Ne somehow seems to correlate with anxiety in any way possible. No, we're all anxious about something. It's ridiculous.
    Oh I don't want to deal with the mess of socionics until I have gotten sure of my understanding of MBTI haha. I really don't like their Fe description. And I'm trusting you on the Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    It seems that you have Se not Si in your stack. You have that love of luxury i associate with Se types. It is strange that you have nostagla though but it seems to be more a human thing.
    Yes, sometimes it may be easy to put emotions or things like nostalgia into someone's preferences but nostalgia may be universal. I guess when I say I miss certain things I miss the feel of comfort. Like for example the toy that I slept with as a child, I felt it was a lost friend or an action figure I loved playing a lot and even want to personify. One may argue that's Fi. When nostalgia is related to emotional events. Or the daycare where I was emotionally and lightly physically abused. <- Anytime I start talking about that place, I immediately start crying I was like there from 4 to 6 years old.
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post

Enneagram
    4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    But surely Fe users can deal with Fi users right? I mean Fe just can't only work with Fe users.. it kind of wouldn't make sense.

True, anyhow I don't think it was terribly life-changing what she felt towards me or somebody else. It was closing time and she's just probably tired and I just may have to have the guts and the quickness to ask at that moment (hard for Pi introverts) what she is feeling.
    Well sure, I was mostly just responding to your comment re external behaviors being inconsistent and that being difficult for Ti?

Ofc not all Fi users are the same, it's a matter of getting to know them, to be able to assess for example which of the things you outlined was most likely what was going on with her.

I can only speak for myself in the context of working in a coffee shop. I think Fe users generally speaking are better able to be 'On' for every customer, for most of their shift (unless they're having a bad day), whereas it's a lot harder for Fi users I think. It's really hard for me, for example, to be Fe-polite/engaging as a mode of being. So I'm probably gonna be your barista who's chipper one day, pretty quiet/disengaged/attempting-to-stay-and-be-polite- but- mostly-untalkative the next, etc. Also, I do engage with customers differently -- I don't have a one-size-fits-all behavior. So I'll engage a lot more with some people than with others. I think Fe users are generally better at more across-the-board applying the same level of engagement to everyone. (Just speculating here, I don't think it's a hard and fast rule)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Well sure, I was mostly just responding to your comment re external behaviors being inconsistent and that being difficult for Ti?

Ofc not all Fi users are the same, it's a matter of getting to know them, to be able to assess for example which of the things you outlined was most likely what was going on with her.

I can only speak for myself in the context of working in a coffee shop. I think Fe users generally speaking are better able to be 'On' for every customer, for most of their shift (unless they're having a bad day), whereas it's a lot harder for Fi users I think. It's really hard for me, for example, to be Fe-polite/engaging as a mode of being. So I'm probably gonna be your barista who's chipper one day, pretty quiet/disengaged/attempting-to-stay-and-be-polite- but- mostly-untalkative the next, etc. Also, I do engage with customers differently -- I don't have a one-size-fits-all behavior. So I'll engage a lot more with some people than with others. I think Fe users are generally better at more across-the-board applying the same level of engagement to everyone. (Just speculating here, I don't think it's a hard and fast rule)
    That about sums it up. I notice that while i am not as skilled as the XXFJ types i am good at modifying my tone and emotional expression to adapt to the situation while the Fi users i know really struggle to do that. In a way i am wearing masks (On the other side of the mask ) with people so i can keep the emotional atmosphere. However Fi users are more like drizzly clouds as they can get the negativity out in controllable doses while for me the Ti scalpel can be like that one black cloud in the sky suddenly striking on a otherwise sunny and calm day and letting out that .

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII

I'm leaving this here:
    What if I were nothing but a looping ISFJ?

Quote Originally Posted by apathylex View Post
    I'm leaving this here:
    What if I were nothing but a looping ISFJ?
    Any extroverted function i have seen from you has been Ne. I have not seen any Fe at all from you . You are very INTP.

This be like the pokemon when they dont know what type they are. Squritle came to me this morning asking if he was a rock type because he has a hard shell but i said to him that you ooze water everywhere so you must be water not rock. What i am saying here is that while you like Squirtle may have superficial tratis of ISFJ overall you are INTP.

Right, right of course. I just sometimes don't have the finesse of being social sometimes and it bugs me sometimes why something that little should be bugging me. I'm like always aware of others. I don't even have a word to express that feeling of what I just said.

There are some really jerk customers. Eventually sometimes my job as a cashier I got so detached from mean ordinary people, this one mean guy.. I literally looked up at the ceiling just waiting for him to get out. (Not him in particular, but was just tired of being treated like an object where I tried my best to smile at every customer, do my absolute best in packing their bags, remembering what cannot mix with what, the placement of certain items and just got really really I mean REALLY apathetic, nobody ever considered what I was feeling except that one customer out of like hundreds but even then she was trying to empathize on something entirely unrelated but nice that she tried) sometimes I was pathetically slow because of my perfectionism and then my nagging self told me that there is a line waiting, and then me worrying about what my emotion I am displaying on my face. There are some days where I show no emotion and other days it is plastered all over my face.

To those who haven't worked retail my advice to anyone reading this: DON'T DO IT

It'd probably be the same and the things I hear about starbucks is that some people are so freaking particular about how one little drink should be like. Food must be 10x more difficult than me just bagging prepared food and clothes.

Enneagram
    4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Right, right of course. I just sometimes don't have the finesse of being social sometimes and it bugs me sometimes why something that little should be bugging me. I'm like always aware of others. I don't even have a word to express that feeling of what I just said.

There are some really jerk customers. Eventually sometimes my job as a cashier I got so detached from mean ordinary people, this one mean guy.. I literally looked up at the ceiling just waiting for him to get out. (Not him in particular, but was just tired of being treated like an object where I tried my best to smile at every customer, do my absolute best in packing their bags, remembering what cannot mix with what, the placement of certain items and just got really really I mean REALLY apathetic, nobody ever considered what I was feeling except that one customer out of like hundreds but even then she was trying to empathize on something entirely unrelated but nice that she tried) sometimes I was pathetically slow because of my perfectionism and then my nagging self told me that there is a line waiting, and then me worrying about what my emotion I am displaying on my face. There are some days where I show no emotion and other days it is plastered all over my face.

To those who haven't worked retail my advice to anyone reading this: DON'T DO IT

It'd probably be the same and the things I hear about starbucks is that some people are so freaking particular about how one little drink should be like. Food must be 10x more difficult than me just bagging prepared food and clothes.
    Yeah.... retail is pretty challenging due to the people element alone. It's a test for any 'people person' -- because customers can absolutely wear you down if you let them. Thankfully most customers are decent, but yes, I'd say maybe 5% are really rude, condescending, and/or demanding (and/or distrustful, thus they expect you to fail/get something wrong and treat you from the get-go as if you will), and then there's another maybe 10 or 15% that I'll say are just generally oblivious to anything outside themselves -- thus they aren't even aware if they're holding up the line, or things like that.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes Forever liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    Any extroverted function i have seen from you has been Ne. I have not seen any Fe at all from you . You are very INTP.

This be like the pokemon when they dont know what type they are. Squritle came to me this morning asking if he was a rock type because he has a hard shell but i said to him that you ooze water everywhere so you must be water not rock. What i am saying here is that while you like Squirtle may have superficial tratis of ISFJ overall you are INTP.
    I do have some Fe. And I think I use it quite a lot, but in a bad way. I don't know if it's unhealthy because of the ISFJ loop or just immature because fourth function in an INTP's stack. Overall I'm a girl, so it's unlikely for me to be an IxTP.

Quote Originally Posted by apathylex View Post
    I do have some Fe. And I think I use it quite a lot, but in a bad way. I don't know if it's unhealthy because of the ISFJ loop or just immature because fourth function in an INTP's stack. Overall I'm a girl, so it's unlikely for me to be an IxTP.
    Of course just because you are not a Fe male doesn't mean to say you cant be IxTP. There are plenty of female dom thinking types on this forum (The only one i know off so far is @Yuu) who is an ENTJ which is another dom thinker but there are probably many i do not know off (Feel free to chime in). Your Ti was off the charts in your questionnaire and while i did see some Si it wasn't dripping off you like a Si dom. I would say INTP in Ti-Si loop> ISFJ in Si-Ti loop for you.. I also know dom feeling males with @Rouskyrie who out ENFJs all the female ENFJs on this thread.
    Likes Rouskyrie liked this post

Yeah.... retail is pretty challenging due to the people element alone. It's a test for any 'people person' -- because customers can absolutely wear you down if you let them. Thankfully most customers are decent, but yes, I'd say maybe 5% are really rude, condescending, and/or demanding (and/or distrustful, thus they expect you to fail/get something wrong and treat you from the get-go as if you will), and then there's another maybe 10 or 15% that I'll say are just generally oblivious to anything outside themselves -- thus they aren't even aware if they're holding up the line, or things like that.
    Haha and those who are oblivious can just walk and take their time (not even old) and people take their anger on me, not on that person. It's like I can somehow change their attitude. In this day and age where the customer is treated like gold, I cannot betray the ethics of my company by telling her to hurry. Oh and the horrors of coupon people. Not just having coupons in the bottomless pits of their purses but the ones who try to scam you with coupons and ending up making money off of you lol (of course they won't give you any of their cut). I am being paid a near minimum wage per hour and it's ridiculous. I almost broke down twice for the 7 months I worked at my last job before going back to school as a full time student. But my bosses loved me.
    Likes cascadeco liked this post