• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought I was a 9w1, but I think I’m an IxFP 9w8. I have a strong urge and tendency to push people’s buttons in order to spur action and/or debate, then to back off into a a more general, diplomatic, let’s-be-friends approach.

I am very reserved and tend to let others speak, until I feel there is injustice or ignorance dominating, at which point I can’t help leaping into a more provocative and aggressive stance, only to revert to my previous default once I’ve pushed some buttons and hopefully planted seeds of contemplation in others. The sudden switch to assertiveness sometimes surprises my colleagues, as I’m otherwise very laid back.

It might also explain my tendency to sometimes retreat into binges of hedonistic pleasures only to later return to my monk-like headspace

While the tendency to suddenly flip to self-assertiveness might lead some to type me a 5 or even a 6, I would disagree with that classification. I’m not as self assertive as a 5, and I’m not as defensive as a 6. I tend to assert in the interests of peacekeeping. Think “speak soft but carry a big stick” only not in the original poli-sci meaning of the phrase

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm regarding those alternative possibilities, I would say if IEI, SEI and LII are in consideration SLE probably shouldn't be. IEI, SEI and LII all have weak Se in common (LII being Se PoLR, IEI also having 1D Se though duals can often mistype as each other and while SEI has 3D Se, it runs in antithesis to their lead function so Si is always their preferred method of sensing - Se leads would have that in reverse neglecting Si comfort in order to exert their Se pressure). I think either way you value Si/Ne.
Mistyped it, I meant SLI (with the possibility of Se ignoring being what I was focusing on). By video typing especially, I have been consistently typed as ILE as well (and while I typically relate strongly to the position of Si and Fi in descriptions I have read about those placements, I'm not sure how likely that is since, while individual and quirky out of purely not being aware of things, I don't think I'm as overtly contrarian as Ne in first position implies). I've always been under the impression that I likely value Si and Ne, but something about weak Ni doesn't fit either. I wonder how much of this is influenced by being likely neurodivergent in a specifically sensory processing fashion.

Do you have any opinion on my type since I've given a few on yours? In regards to MBTI/Socionics of course, we did have a good discussion about enneagram a while back though. I'm absolutely confident now on valuing Se/Ni but I honestly could see 4 or 5 of those types as fitting, being EIE, LIE, ILI (which I could see in both socionics and their "equivalents" in MBTI) and then in socionics I could also see SLE and SEE tbh (although probably not Ti PoLR, but it's been suggested) - that being said the first 3 are definitely the 3 most likely imo.
To be honest, I have always seen you as having Se in high/prominent position. When you typed as ILI before, I found that really odd and probably incorrect. ILI was suggested for me multiple times, especially when I first got into socionics so I've read about it decently and you really don't seem Fe polR at all. The positioning of Se in that type in particular also seems really off, even with the dominant subtype (I think my initial reaction to interacting with you was SEE, but having met an actual SEE I think that's probably off, specifically looking at where Fi and Fe seem to be positioned. You don't come across Ti polR either I'd probably agree). Reading up on quadra values and such, I think it's very possible that you could be a beta type, most likely EIE or SLE (probably EIE as you seem to relate most to Ni ego descriptions). I can definitely see Si being in a weak/devalued position probably (ie. correct me if I'm wrong, SLE is Si ignoring and EIE is Si polR, correct?). You come across as an extroverted type in socionics at least. if neither of those work, I wouldn't be overtly opposed to LIE. You're most likely the dominant subtype, but you probably already knew that much. To add, I am basing this off both our personal interactions and what I've observed from you both on forums and through video platforms (as I recall looking through your video typing thread back on 16-types back when you and I were both trying to be typed on that platform).

The mbti system has been pissing me off recently so idk how good my input will be here (even though I technically know more about the mbti than socionics). I initially had you pegged as an ESTP, but more realistically I think you have an ENxJ temperament. You tend to type as 385 tritype wise (which I think I agree with so long as it's an 8w7 fix, which I think I've seen you go with before), which tends to be a relatively "dry" (for lack of better words; I mean more in a overtly emotivist sort of way in the sense that it's double competency, you're not boring or librarian in the slightest) and ambiverted, which may be why you've considered intoverted types in the past. I could see either a more disagreeable (in the big 5 sense) ENFJ working or ENTJ. I think I may be partial to ENTJ at this point in time.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mistyped it, I meant SLI (with the possibility of Se ignoring being what I was focusing on). By video typing especially, I have been consistently typed as ILE as well (and while I typically relate strongly to the position of Si and Fi in descriptions I have read about those placements, I'm not sure how likely that is since, while individual and quirky out of purely not being aware of things, I don't think I'm as overtly contrarian as Ne in first position implies). I've always been under the impression that I likely value Si and Ne, but something about weak Ni doesn't fit either. I wonder how much of this is influenced by being likely neurodivergent in a specifically sensory processing fashion.

To be honest, I have always seen you as having Se in high/prominent position. When you typed as ILI before, I found that really odd and probably incorrect. ILI was suggested for me multiple times, especially when I first got into socionics so I've read about it decently and you really don't seem Fe polR at all. The positioning of Se in that type in particular also seems really off, even with the dominant subtype (I think my initial reaction to interacting with you was SEE, but having met an actual SEE I think that's probably off, specifically looking at where Fi and Fe seem to be positioned. You don't come across Ti polR either I'd probably agree). Reading up on quadra values and such, I think it's very possible that you could be a beta type, most likely EIE or SLE (probably EIE as you seem to relate most to Ni ego descriptions). I can definitely see Si being in a weak/devalued position probably (ie. correct me if I'm wrong, SLE is Si ignoring and EIE is Si polR, correct?). You come across as an extroverted type in socionics at least. if neither of those work, I wouldn't be overtly opposed to LIE. You're most likely the dominant subtype, but you probably already knew that much. To add, I am basing this off both our personal interactions and what I've observed from you both on forums and through video platforms (as I recall looking through your video typing thread back on 16-types back when you and I were both trying to be typed on that platform).

The mbti system has been pissing me off recently so idk how good my input will be here (even though I technically know more about the mbti than socionics). I initially had you pegged as an ESTP, but more realistically I think you have an ENxJ temperament. You tend to type as 385 tritype wise (which I think I agree with so long as it's an 8w7 fix, which I think I've seen you go with before), which tends to be a relatively "dry" (for lack of better words; I mean more in a overtly emotivist sort of way in the sense that it's double competency, you're not boring or librarian in the slightest) and ambiverted, which may be why you've considered intoverted types in the past. I could see either a more disagreeable (in the big 5 sense) ENFJ working or ENTJ. I think I may be partial to ENTJ at this point in time.

Yeah SLE is Si ignoring and EIE is Si PoLR. The main issue I'd take with both of those typings is honestly the fact that I'm probs not Fe. Like emotional expression is something I really do not react well to. I also definitely agree that the MBTI system is annoying.

As for Se, tbh I was being very dumb when I even added Se lead to that list lol. The clearest indication that my Se is not that strong is that it only ever comes out online (and only ever over text really) - whenever it comes to actually exerting any sort of physical pressure in person or over voice I can't do it. So like, while I see why you interpreted my Se as being in a high position, it really doesn't fit for it to be that way and low position but valued fits better for Se. Gamma NT is probably the best fit for me realistically, especially when it comes to what Fi and Fe actually are and that I was mistaking Fi traits for Fe ironically. The main reason I brought up this for Se and the same applies to extraversion as well is that if you're bad at those things it can be easier to come across as them when you don't have to really do it. I also think forum typings in general should be taken with a pinch of salt because like I don't have the perspective of seeing your whole life and development and vice versa, we really only get snippets and that is being generous.

Those typing videos were something else, and I do actually regret ever posting them. Especially the one on the16types as I find most of the users of that site to be of a lower echelon when it comes to socionics than I am and a good amount of them type based on whether they like you or not rather than any actual logical analysis.

As for my tritype, yeah I type as 358 (in that order). I wouldn't be offended if you called me boring or "librarian" because I think I do get like that at times.

However, if you're interested in discussing this further, I'd rather discuss more of this in DMs than on a public forum in all honesty.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
self assertive as a 5,

Regardless of what type you are, assertiveness is not indicative of being a core 5. 5s are withdrawn, withholding, detached, sensitive, isolating, distanced, live in their heads, guarded, move away from others - not toward others in assertiveness.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Right so this is probably the best thread for me to post this, and I'll keep it short.

From now on, I am not open to typings from others. I do not care if this seems "closed minded", but unless you are on a close 1 on 1 discussion level with me I do not want you to type me.

That is all.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Regardless of what type you are, assertiveness is not indicative of being a core 5. 5s are withdrawn, withholding, detached, sensitive, isolating, distanced, live in their heads, guarded, move away from others - not toward others in assertiveness.
Assertiveness may not be a hallmark of core 5, but individuals who are core 5 can indeed be assertive. I am one of them. This will come from the influences of our other fixes, our stacking, etc. Why we assert ourselves when it seems contrary to our core type will shed more light on our typing overall.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

5 integrates to 8 though.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Assertiveness may not be a hallmark of core 5, but individuals who are core 5 can indeed be assertive. I am one of them. This will come from the influences of our other fixes, our stacking, etc. Why we assert ourselves when it seems contrary to our core type will shed more light on our typing overall.

Plus you're a J, which adds a layer of assertiveness and directness that might not be as obvious in a perceiving 5.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Of course. Just like 9s can also be assertive. 9w1s and 9w8s. Everyone can be assertive. It's just that using a lack of assertiveness as a reason why someone isn't a 5 doesn't follow.

Someone who is 459 tritype - withdrawn, withdrawn, withdrawn - is going to be more withdrawn than someone who is 135 or 358.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5 integrates to 8 though.

So? 9 integrates to 3, a type which is far more assertive than 9. Integration doesn't mean one becomes that other type. Looking at it that way is going to make the whole thing more confusing than it needs to be, I think.

I live with someone who is likely 594. I wish he were more assertive. Has he ever been? Of course! Particularly at his work where it was a technical/knowledge-related issue. And it came out in an angry assertive way. But being triple withdrawn (I think, his heart number could possibly be something else), he largely is passive and not assertive.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll add that a tipoff he's 5 and not 9 core is that he's guarded and not mergy, like me. I want little more than to merge with my lover, which is what 9sx is at core level. Merging with a lover or nature or an activity. And they're going to be a safe warm empathetic place for that lover to fall. Not a closely guarded tower.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Plus you're a J, which adds a layer of assertiveness and directness that might not be as obvious in a perceiving 5.
True, but each typing system should be internally consistent, and able to account for a person without recourse to other typing systems. In other words, whatever is explained by the J in my type should also relate back to some aspect of my enneagram type/fixes/etc. I wouldn't be quick to assign type based on how assertive someone is without knowing what is behind it, as that comes too close to typing based on behavior, which is often unreliable.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Does someone want to pick me apart? Mostly asking cause I'm bored, but also I've been question myself lately on orders of things(tri, functions, IVs).

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Does someone want to pick me apart? Mostly asking cause I'm bored, but also I've been question myself lately on orders of things(tri, functions, IVs).

Hmm... What are you exactly unhappy about?

Meaning of Fi-Si?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm... What are you exactly unhappy about?

Meaning of Fi-Si?

Fi-Si is a objective personality typing and a reference how I get Fi and Si as my highest functions on cognitive function test. Sometimes I just doubt my MBTI and IVs and even tritype order(but I'm most confident in tritype). Yeah, was mostly asking for boredom but I always doubt myself.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi-Si is a objective personality typing and a reference how I get Fi and Si as my highest functions on cognitive function test. Sometimes I just doubt my MBTI and IVs and even tritype order(but I'm most confident in tritype). Yeah, was mostly asking for boredom but I always doubt myself.

Your triple doubt tritype is confirmed.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

Hmm, just giving fuel to your doubt, perhaps 9-6-4 for the moment would be better! Specially because represents Fi-Si a little bit better (with 9 relating to Fi and 6 relating to Si and 4 relating to Fi with touchs of intuition again).

Your MBTI? ISFP and INFP hybrid! More like InFP, or InFp.
There is also the 81 types, IRFM, Introvert, Realist, Feeler, Malleable.

Your Johari/Nohari window (or basically other people adjectives of you) give indeed an introvert 9 feeler vibe, no doubt.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's truly, truly hilarious that my apparent type is such a given that when I show traits of another type, the thought isn't "Ah, is he that other type after all?" but "Ah, must be integrating,"

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Im now ENTP. Or ENTJ. Or ESTP. Which is most badass?