• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ENFJ, I think? Again, I think I'm too other focused to be INFJ, but I guess with Fe it can be difficult to tell. Do I strike you as more of a introvert?

And whatever results you get from the text-based method I'd love to know.

I just mentioned it for the statistical likelihood, I haven't analysed you enough to come to a conclusion.

Also, a compounding factor for other-focus is that having an sx-instinct in enneagram will cause you to have an other-focus, but with the sx-instinct, even the Ni will have that other-focus.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought about that but ENTPs seem too aggressive to be a good fit for me (guess esfj is a good possibility).

I can relate to Te [thinking out loud, thinking ABOUT people, planning etc). But then, I can relate to Ti as well [trying to be precise as possible].

Si wins out over Se I think. I'm very nostalgic.

Tertiary Si is supposed to be very nostalgic. (which INFPs and INTPs have)

Have you looked at this? A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type I think it's very helpful.

Also, this test would be helpful in considering the cognitive functions. New Version of Forum Personality Test Even if you don't think you are the suggested result, it'll give you an idea of how the functions work and which you prefer to use. (some of the answers made me respond What? What does that even mean? Who does that? lol)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=38556]batteries included[/MENTION]

Ok, you're an ENFP.

Generally you start posts with things like: possibilities, "this could be possible because of...", or you describe the evolution of a situation. Ne and Ni both describe evolving processes, but whereas Ne describes a situation, Ni describes global/big-picture trends. So Ne is about an evolving experience, and Ni is about a representation of that evolution. You do the situational thing, which I've commonly associated with Ne.

You also speak about what you relate to, which is a very Fi sort of way to view things. Your personal qualities.

Another thing I noticed is that you ask questions of the form "is it A or B?" or "what distinguishes A from B?". Now, choosing between A or B options, or determining what distinguishes one thing from another, is a very Ti-associated process, so I was confused for a second because I thought that meant you were using Ti... but you're not providing the distinction yourself, you're asking others for it, indicating that you're likely Ti seeking, rather than a primarily conscious Ti user, so it actually adds to the Te+Fi hypothesis. (conscious Te+Fi users seek Ti, and they tend to seek the corresponding version of it to their Te, i.e. ENFP's Te seeks INFJ's Ti - at least, that's the hypothesis I'm going with at the moment).

So putting it together... Ne dominant with signs of Fi and signs of Ti-seeking, you'd be an ENFP.

Though I'm a firm believer in the "not just one type" hypothesis, typically a single type will manifest more strongly than the others, and I think that's the case here.

--

As an aside, whereas Ti is about distinguishing one thing from another, Fi is about reconciling one thing with another. That's related to the idea of "harmony".

As you can probably tell, my understanding of typology includes the ways that I've reconciled conflicting pieces of information (e.g. suggesting the "not just one type" idea), but this may be more a response of my unconscious to a conscious call.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Tertiary Si is supposed to be very nostalgic. (which INFPs and INTPs have)

Have you looked at this? A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type I think it's very helpful.

Also, this test would be helpful in considering the cognitive functions. New Version of Forum Personality Test Even if you don't think you are the suggested result, it'll give you an idea of how the functions work and which you prefer to use. (some of the answers made me respond What? What does that even mean? Who does that? lol)

Just took the test and got ENFJ, but that could've been because of my mindset while taking the test.

[MENTION=38556]batteries included[/MENTION]

Ok, you're an ENFP.

Generally you start posts with things like: possibilities, "this could be possible because of...", or you describe the evolution of a situation. Ne and Ni both describe evolving processes, but whereas Ne describes a situation, Ni describes global/big-picture trends. So Ne is about an evolving experience, and Ni is about a representation of that evolution. You do the situational thing, which I've commonly associated with Ne.

You also speak about what you relate to, which is a very Fi sort of way to view things. Your personal qualities.

Another thing I noticed is that you ask questions of the form "is it A or B?" or "what distinguishes A from B?". Now, choosing between A or B options, or determining what distinguishes one thing from another, is a very Ti-associated process, so I was confused for a second because I thought that meant you were using Ti... but you're not providing the distinction yourself, you're asking others for it, indicating that you're likely Ti seeking, rather than a primarily conscious Ti user, so it actually adds to the Te+Fi hypothesis. (conscious Te+Fi users seek Ti, and they tend to seek the corresponding version of it to their Te, i.e. ENFP's Te seeks INFJ's Ti - at least, that's the hypothesis I'm going with at the moment).

So putting it together... Ne dominant with signs of Fi and signs of Ti-seeking, you'd be an ENFP.

Though I'm a firm believer in the "not just one type" hypothesis, typically a single type will manifest more strongly than the others, and I think that's the case here.

--

As an aside, whereas Ti is about distinguishing one thing from another, Fi is about reconciling one thing with another. That's related to the idea of "harmony".

As you can probably tell, my understanding of typology includes the ways that I've reconciled conflicting pieces of information (e.g. suggesting the "not just one type" idea), but this may be more a response of my unconscious to a conscious call.

Good in-depth analysis, [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]. I do see what you mean about Ti-seeking. I've often had a need to make sure things "make sense" but without labeling that characteristic. Honestly, still not sure about Fi vs Fe even though your descriptions do a good job of tying it all together. I guess I've been used to considering myself an Fe altruist, so this will take some time to think about and "reconcile."

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Just took the test and got ENFJ, but that could've been because of my mindset while taking the test.

Good in-depth analysis, [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]. I do see what you mean about Ti-seeking. I've often had a need to make sure things "make sense" but without labeling that characteristic. Honestly, still not sure about Fi vs Fe even though your descriptions do a good job of tying it all together. I guess I've been used to considering myself an Fe altruist, so this will take some time to think about and "reconcile."

Didn't you initially type as ENFP when you joined the forum though?

Fi can be altruistic. Possibly even more than Fe? Not sure.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
could someone help me pick between isfp and isfj? Or maybe something else? I don’t want to make a thread for this and spam the forum any more than I have been...

Some things about me:
I’m indecisive (I flip a coin to make decisions, bad habit)
I’m usually late but I try to be on time
I’m very neat
I consider myself organized physically
I’m flexible and accommodating
Very selfless and put others before myself
Don’t work good in teams (I need to think through and concentrate alone, groups are too active and fast)
Have a planner but need to force myself to use it and don’t
Do many things at the last minute
Bad work ethic, attention span
Indifferent about rules
Follow instructions step by step
I’m boring

1-what makes you angry?
When people try to tell me what to do. I’m stubborn and bitchy, I won’t lie
2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
When they are fake and pretending to be interested in me, when they are selfish, when they lie, and when they are not dependable
3-do you like animals? why?
Indifferent, I like cute and small animals, my house used to be like a zoo because I had so many pets when I was younger. I was bad at taking care of them though
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
They are dependable, loyal, faithful
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I am insecure, unmotivated, lazy, and care too much about what people think
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
Not really, I dress for comfort and what looks good/cute to me
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Fit in
8-what activities do you enjoy?
Browsing the internet, watching tv, playing games, sometimes going outside on the summer
9-what makes you feel secure?
?
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
Sure if I was in one :(
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
Food!
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Past memories and different ways they could play out, sort of daydreaming and making them funnier
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I haven’t changed all that much, I’ve gotten a bit more introverted and dreamy as I’ve gotten older though

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] from looking through your posts I believe you are Si dominant. You frequently reference the past and concrete things that you've seen or others have said etc.

Your posts are too short most of the time for me to determine the auxiliary.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] from looking through your posts I believe you are Si dominant. You frequently reference the past and concrete things that you've seen or others have said etc.

Your posts are too short most of the time for me to determine the auxiliary.

K, guess I’m the worst isfj ever then

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
K, guess I’m the worst isfj ever then

Because your posts are short? Most posts on this site are short, but I can usually find a few longer ones amongst them. I found one longer post of yours but I wasn't sure if it was ISFJ or ISTJ. I'm leaning towards ISTJ at the moment.

From the list you posted above "follow instructions step by step" makes me think ISTJ.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Because your posts are short? Most posts on this site are short, but I can usually find a few longer ones amongst them. I found one longer post of yours but I wasn't sure if it was ISFJ or ISTJ. I'm leaning towards ISTJ at the moment.

From the list you posted above "follow instructions step by step" makes me think ISTJ.
Haha nothing to do with that, I’m pretty disorganized that’s what I meant

I am pretty confident of being a feeler :mellow: not sure how you reached istj as a conclusion but i guess I will consider it.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Haha nothing to do with that, I’m pretty disorganized that’s what I meant

I am confident of being a feeler :mellow: not sure how you reached istj as a conclusion but i guess I will consider it.

You said you're neat and organised in that list though?

Why are you confident of being a Feeling type?

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You said you're neat and organised in that list though?

Why are you confident of being a Feeling type?
Ya, i should have clarified, I said physically organized. I always have my things arranged neatly and fold my clothes, my room is super neat. But when it comes to my life I am chaotic which is what confused me. As in I don’t have a calendar and tend to do things on the fly, am late, miss classes/assignments/deadlines, and do things depending how I feel like it. I don’t plan or schedule my events. I’m trying to change but this is just how I am at the moment

Maybe I should consider being a thinking type. I can be logical and smart but I decided I was a feeler because I put other people first and try to accommodate them. That’s been my personality since forever. Even in kindergarten I described myself as kind, gentle, helpful, caring, busy, nice. Don’t know if that’s enough though.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Ya, i should have clarified, I said physically organized. I always have my things arranged neatly and fold my clothes, my room is super neat. But when it comes to my life I am chaotic which is what confused me. As in I don’t have a calendar and tend to do things on the fly, am late, miss classes/assignments/deadlines, and do things depending how I feel like it. I don’t plan or schedule my events.

Maybe I should consider being a thinking type. I can be logical and smart but I decided I was a feeler because I put other people first and try to accommodate them. That’s been my personality since forever. Even in kindergarten I described myself as kind, gentle, helpful, caring, busy, nice. Don’t know if that’s enough though.

Ok that does suggest ISFJ rather than ISTJ then. Planning and scheduling are related to Te I think, whereas being helpful and caring is related to Fe. Having those traits at such a young age indicates that it's probably one of the top two functions.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ok that does suggest ISFJ rather than ISTJ then. Planning and scheduling are related to Te I think, whereas being helpful and caring is related to Fe. Having those traits at such a young age indicates that it's probably one of the top two functions.

ok makes sense.. also just thought of one more thing I forgot to mention, i have been having IBS the past year which caused me to withdraw and sort of give up on life which is why I let myself get disorganized and careless. before that though I was pretty on top of everything when left to my own devices. I mean I still never had a calendar or anything but my life was much more planned and structured than it is at the moment. I really let myself go :( So that makes sense now.

thanks for the help.

edit-ugggh i changed my mind, i don't know if i'm biased against sjs or what but i don't really relate to isfj or J that much. idc anymore i just flipped a coin went with isfp:blush: if anyone else wants to explain pls do, if not i don't blame you. i'm hopelessly indecisive.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ok makes sense.. also just thought of one more thing I forgot to mention, i have been having IBS the past year which caused me to withdraw and sort of give up on life which is why I let myself get disorganized and careless. before that though I was pretty on top of everything when left to my own devices. I mean I still never had a calendar or anything but my life was much more planned and structured than it is at the moment. I really let myself go :( So that makes sense now.

thanks for the help.

edit-ugggh i changed my mind, i don't know if i'm biased against sjs or what but i don't really relate to isfj or J that much. idc anymore i just flipped a coin went with isfp:blush: if anyone else wants to explain pls do, if not i don't blame you. i'm hopelessly indecisive.

What if you're developing your inferior function (Ne, for the sake of argument) and as a result have adopted more P-like behaviours?

--

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Past memories and different ways they could play out, sort of daydreaming and making them funnier

Thinking about past memories is like the core element of Si, pretty much.

Si for me is like... memories and what I could have done different or what could have gone wrong. It has a negative character for me because Si is my most de-energising function. (hypothetically)

--

Ni and Si both have a quality of "images bubbling to the surface". For Ni, these images are ideas, for Si, they are concrete things.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
What if you're developing your inferior function (Ne, for the sake of argument) and as a result have adopted more P-like behaviours?

--

Thinking about past memories is like the core element of Si, pretty much.

Si for me is like... memories and what I could have done different or what could have gone wrong. It has a negative character for me because Si is my most de-energising function. (hypothetically)

--

Ni and Si both have a quality of "images bubbling to the surface". For Ni, these images are ideas, for Si, they are concrete things.
Good point, im not sure. I’m 20, I’ve been more p-ish ever since middle school. When I was a child I was more organized but my parents could have influenced me. (both esxj). I remember in middle school I would read all my books at the last minute and rush to fill out the forms (3 per quarter)

Yeah, idk. I don’t understand how having a good memory or using past facts is an indicator of Si, it just seems so general because anyone could do that. Maybe someone could chime in :unsure:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Good point, im not sure. I’m 20, I’ve been more p-ish ever since middle school. When I was a child I was more organized but my parents could have influenced me. (both esxj). I remember in middle school I would read all my books at the last minute and rush to fill out the forms (3 per quarter)

Yeah, idk. I don’t understand how having a good memory or using past facts is an indicator of Si, it just seems so general because anyone could do that. Maybe someone could chime in :unsure:

Si is pretty much defined as internal concretes.

--

Oh, and anyone could do that yeah because everyone has all 8 functions, it's a matter of how prominent they are, the order they go in etc.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Si is pretty much defined as internal concretes.

--

Oh, and anyone could do that yeah because everyone has all 8 functions, it's a matter of how prominent they are, the order they go in etc.
I’ll think about it....:shrug: everyone has differing opinions. I want to consider everything. Right now I myself am leaning to ISFP (if I ask just myself, honestly), but if more people see ISFJ i could consider it again.

[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] k after thinking it over, tentatively, i think i see where you're coming from...i think being an enneagram 9 is what's making it so hard to type myself. especially because if i am an isfj 9 i might look more like a p as a result. but i can understand what you meant about the Si function. i wouldn't say i replay past memories, but i gather all sorts of past information i had and combine it into different fantasies based on my memory. ex. i may think back to a class in high school but if i looked different and with situations from a movie i watched like mean girls. i am DEFINITELY a feeler though. istj is out of the question. also like i said, i have been depressed recently because of ibs and withdrawn from life a lot more (that's more of an enneagram 9 thing though?), so it's hard to tell whether i like to be organized or not. i definitely don't like doing things at the last minute though, i procrastinate to avoid-i don't want to face reality so i escape and put things off. i see it says P enjoys working under pressure, that's definitely not me lol. i give up under pressure. maybe the typical isfj descriptions of being hardworking etc. won't apply to someone who's a 9. i'll still go with isfj for now, but maybe change it as i learn more about myself-i've definitely changed a lot since i joined this forum. :unsure:

Last edited:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I’ll think about it....:shrug: everyone has differing opinions. I want to consider everything. Right now I myself am leaning to ISFP (if I ask just myself, honestly), but if more people see ISFJ i could consider it again.

[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] k after thinking it over, tentatively, i think i see where you're coming from...i think being an enneagram 9 is what's making it so hard to type myself. especially because if i am an isfj 9 i might look more like a p as a result. but i can understand what you meant about the Si function. i wouldn't say i replay past memories, but i gather all sorts of past information i had and combine it into different fantasies based on my memory. ex. i may think back to a class in high school but if i looked different and with situations from a movie i watched like mean girls. i am DEFINITELY a feeler though. istj is out of the question. also like i said, i have been depressed recently because of ibs and withdrawn from life a lot more (that's more of an enneagram 9 thing though?), so it's hard to tell whether i like to be organized or not. i definitely don't like doing things at the last minute though, i procrastinate to avoid-i don't want to face reality so i escape and put things off. i see it says P enjoys working under pressure, that's definitely not me lol. i give up under pressure. maybe the typical isfj descriptions of being hardworking etc. won't apply to someone who's a 9. i'll still go with isfj for now, but maybe change it as i learn more about myself-i've definitely changed a lot since i joined this forum. :unsure:

Imagining situations like that sounds like introverted perception to me. I don't know quite how imaginative Si can be in changing things from how they originally happened, but with my Ni imagination there's not much link with memory at all. I guess the difference is whether the simulation is being built around details, or an underlying concept. (which would be a difficult distinction to discern, really)

I personally don't recommend trying to self-type by dichotomies. Functions are the way to go. Especially with the J/P dichotomy because it's a more complex dichotomy that is kinda defined based on an interplay of all the dichotomies.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A bit bored because no one's ever debated on my N or 5-core-ness until recently (only on the 5-core; they tried giving me so/sp 3-core instead).