• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
bump

Am I finally typed right or wrong now :unsure: I think last time I was here was a total mess. they said I was ISFJ or a few people suggested ISFP or something but I was in denial and arguing I was INFJ or intuitive/INFP idk

I have finally accepted that I may be a sensor and I am open to anyone who says I typed myself wrong:wubbie::hug: because I’m not against being any type like before. So if anyone has reason I am ISFJ or INFP or ISFP or something else please say, Idc anymore I just want to hear it and make sure im really right

I'm feeling a bit lazy to write a questionnaire out (but I will if if I should) here were the old posts and my old threads in case anyone wants to see/remembers me.:unsure: I guess I'm also considering the people who said ISFJ a little bit now. I really hate the SP description it sounds like a 24/7 meth user honestly. I'm bad at sports and pretty physically awkward IRL. So don’t know about isfp either

Mistyped TypeCentral Members
https://www.typologycentral.com/for...961-mistyped-typecentral-499.html#post2248088
Help type me Ixxx
questionnaire?

Metis

Since you are asking .....

You strike me much more as a 9 fixer than 8 fixer. I can buy everything else displayed.

614 or 641 is a better answer. I'm not sure what you based 9 on, but you've seen me drop arguments, and you've seen me solicit participation for Member of the Day. Both of those could look like harmony seeking for harmony's sake. What you don't know is that both of those types of behavior were driven by a sense of obligation.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Am I accurately typed? I haven't made many posts on here, but I've been struggling with this for awhile. I'm pretty sure I'm a feeler, and have been through the gamut of different feeling types. Currently I'm exploring femininity and how that interacts with mbti type. I consider myself a fairly masculine guy on the outside, though on the inside I'm significantly feminine. I like to argue for arguing's sake. However, I like to do various feminine things, like make people feel good about themselves, accommodate their wants and needs, and be submissive etc. There's a bit of discord there, but I do like it.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Am I accurately typed? I haven't made many posts on here, but I've been struggling with this for awhile. I'm pretty sure I'm a feeler, and have been through the gamut of different feeling types. Currently I'm exploring femininity and how that interacts with mbti type. I consider myself a fairly masculine guy on the outside, though on the inside I'm significantly feminine. I like to argue for arguing's sake. However, I like to do various feminine things, like make people feel good about themselves, accommodate their wants and needs, and be submissive etc. There's a bit of discord there, but I do like it.

Glancing quickly through your posts- very quickly- I could see you as an ENFP 7. You remind me of this older user named Chanaynay tbat used to post here

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Being nice is feminine? lol thats dumb.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Intuition is holistic perception, whereas Sensation is component-based perception.

Feeling is holistic judgement, whereas Thinking is component-based judgement.

And femininity is the holistic gender role, whereas masculinity is the component-based gender role.

(while there are correlations between the concepts, any combination of the traits mentioned are similarly likely)

We all have S, N, F and T within us - and to a more balanced degree than would be suggested by Jung's notion of psychological type.

And we all have masculinity and femininity within us - and to a more balanced degree than would be suggested by Jung's notion of the anima/animus.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Do you relate more to seeing options, possibilities in an expansive way, or to having insights and foresight into what is most likely to happen? Is it more important to you to stick to your values or go along with a group who is important to you?

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Do you relate more to seeing options, possibilities in an expansive way, or to having insights and foresight into what is most likely to happen? Is it more important to you to stick to your values or go along with a group who is important to you?

I relate more to seeing possibilites, but have insights into what will happen (not as frequent though). As far as my values, I do have a core set of ethics I won't violate. This isn't completely immune from outside influence though and I express my feelings very often (learning to hide them a bit more), so I'm very confused as to which one I use more (Fi or Fe).

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate more to seeing possibilites, but have insights into what will happen (not as frequent though). As far as my values, I do have a core set of ethics I won't violate. This isn't completely immune from outside influence though and I express my feelings very often (learning to hide them a bit more), so I'm very confused as to which one I use more (Fi or Fe).

Maybe you have Ne and Fe? (Ne Ti Fe Si - ENTP or Fe Si Ne Ti - ESFJ)?

Is it easier for you to narrow down whether you identify more with Ti or Te? Or Se or Si?

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Maybe you have Ne and Fe? (Ne Ti Fe Si - ENTP or Fe Si Ne Ti - ESFJ)?

Is it easier for you to narrow down whether you identify more with Ti or Te? Or Se or Si?

I thought about that but ENTPs seem too aggressive to be a good fit for me (guess esfj is a good possibility).

I can relate to Te [thinking out loud, thinking ABOUT people, planning etc). But then, I can relate to Ti as well [trying to be precise as possible].

Si wins out over Se I think. I'm very nostalgic.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'll explain what being an INFJ is like for me...

Basically, Ni for me is about pondering. I will think about an idea, contemplate it, considering it from multiple perspective, trying to "dig" for insight. That's basically Ni.

Then, when I have an idea, I'll explain it (in my head, generally) to a person, in a teacher like format. That's the Fe (Fe can take on social roles other than teacher of course. The common denominator would be that it's "interactive").

Fe vs Te: When a conscious Fe user has Te activated (I'm referring to myself here) they can become argumentative, "telling it as it is". Conscious Te does have the "thinking out loud" quality to it, and when Fe is activated it becomes more a matter of "sharing one's thoughts".

Now, I sometimes have the "sharing my thoughts out loud" ("out loud" can actually be in one's own head, it doesn't have to literally mean "out loud", it just means it's verbalised, as opposed to Ti which uses words sparsely) quality - now how can that be if I'm an FJ? Because we're not a "pure" type. We have elements of all the types, to differing degrees.

So [MENTION=38556]batteries included[/MENTION] the fact that you were primarily identifying with the Ne and Fi, and secondarily with the Ni and Fe, is natural for an NFP, as NFP still does have Fe and Ni in consciousness as a result of the "not just one type" axiom. ENFP, as it so happens, tends to have a prominent secondary influence of ENFJ, so they can have ENFJ-like qualities too, it's just that the ENFP qualities are more prominent.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'll explain what being an INFJ is like for me...

Basically, Ni for me is about pondering. I will think about an idea, contemplate it, considering it from multiple perspective, trying to "dig" for insight. That's basically Ni.

Then, when I have an idea, I'll explain it (in my head, generally) to a person, in a teacher like format. That's the Fe (Fe can take on social roles other than teacher of course. The common denominator would be that it's "interactive").

Fe vs Te: When a conscious Fe user has Te activated (I'm referring to myself here) they can become argumentative, "telling it as it is". Conscious Te does have the "thinking out loud" quality to it, and when Fe is activated it becomes more a matter of "sharing one's thoughts".

Now, I sometimes have the "sharing my thoughts out loud" ("out loud" can actually be in one's own head, it doesn't have to literally mean "out loud", it just means it's verbalised, as opposed to Ti which uses words sparsely) quality - now how can that be if I'm an FJ? Because we're not a "pure" type. We have elements of all the types, to differing degrees.

So [MENTION=38556]batteries included[/MENTION] the fact that you were primarily identifying with the Ne and Fi, and secondarily with the Ni and Fe, is natural for an NFP, as NFP still does have Fe and Ni in consciousness as a result of the "not just one type" axiom. ENFP, as it so happens, tends to have a prominent secondary influence of ENFJ, so they can have ENFJ-like qualities too, it's just that the ENFP qualities are more prominent.

Hi [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]. Thanks for the insightful reply! It could be that I'm just an ENFP with strong ENFJ tendencies. Reason I'm thinking Fe is because if someone in the room is experiencing a negative emotion, I experience it too: but so much it hurts. I also verbalize my thoughts a lot. I thought that was Fe? Also Fi seems more concerned with values and I'm more concerned with harmony and making people feel good.

Is liking to talk about people Fi or Fe?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hi [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]. Thanks for the insightful reply! It could be that I'm just an ENFP with strong ENFJ tendencies. Reason I'm thinking Fe is because if someone in the room is experiencing a negative emotion, I experience it too: but so much it hurts. I also verbalize my thoughts a lot. I thought that was Fe? Also Fi seems more concerned with values and I'm more concerned with harmony and making people feel good.

Is liking to talk about people Fi or Fe?

I think experiencing the same emotion may be more Fi? Fe is like... feeling pulled to help someone based on how they're feeling.

Fe and Te are both verbal functions. I thought talking about people would be Fe but Fi+Te users definitely do it to. It depends on how you're verbalising. Like I said, if I'm thinking like an FJ there's an interactive element, if I'm thinking like a TJ there's generally not.

Fi thinks about people. Fi will often have a person in mind and be exploring/weighing up feelings regarding that person.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I think experiencing the same emotion may be more Fi? Fe is like... feeling pulled to help someone based on how they're feeling.

Fe and Te are both verbal functions. I thought talking about people would be Fe but Fi+Te users definitely do it to. It depends on how you're verbalising. Like I said, if I'm thinking like an FJ there's an interactive element, if I'm thinking like a TJ there's generally not.

Fi thinks about people. Fi will often have a person in mind and be exploring/weighing up feelings regarding that person.

"feeling pulled to help someone based on how they're feeling" I have this too and neglect my own health sometimes. I actually relate to feeling pulled to help someone more than feeling the emotion (even though there's quite a bit of that too).

I could see Fi + Te functioning like Fe, except this pair has a very coherent set of beliefs that will be enacted despite environment. I have a core set of ethics, and it seems to get lost when other people are around.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
"feeling pulled to help someone based on how they're feeling" I have this too and neglect my own health sometimes. I actually relate to feeling pulled to help someone more than feeling the emotion (even though there's quite a bit of that too).

I could see Fi + Te functioning like Fe, except this pair has a very coherent set of beliefs that will be enacted despite environment. I have a core set of ethics, and it seems to get lost when other people are around.

Fe and Fi are both values-based so they deal with things like importance. Fe perceives the world in a sort of social light, seeing the importance of things with regards to the objective situation, e.g. society. Fi perceives the personal importance of something. It's like how Se perceives what is on front of it objectively, whereas Si uses what is in front of it to go into its mind and refer to something remembered, e.g. a previous experience with that object. Ne perceives the environment with regards to novel things that could be done in the moment, whereas Ni uses what is there as a means to form internal speculations. Te looks at the systemic dynamics of what's in front of it, e.g. if something is functioning correctly, whereas Ti forms an internal systemic representation.

The "feeling pulled to help" thing is very prominent with Fe. Fe, when compared with Fi, is highly action focused. Fi might see a person suffering and think "what is the internal cause of this suffering? How could I understand this person and then fix their issues?" so it's more cognitive rather than direct action focused.

Another thing with Fe and Fi is emotions. For Fe, emotions are experienced to be nearer to the surface, as a sort of tool for changing the dynamics of the situation, whereas Fi feels emotions more deeply - they're more of an internal reaction.

I'll say that helping others is one of the most motivating things for me. If I know that I can take action to help a person, then I will be inspired and can make a lot of effort in doing so. Helping myself on the other hand is comparatively more difficult. As a more not-in-the-moment example, when considering work prospects, I'm not motivating by making money for myself, but I am motivating by doing work which will help other people, so I need to keep that in mind when thinking of what to do. I don't know how that compares with other types, like if say a TJ would be much more motivated by personal success or not*, but that's how it works for me.

For considering the idea of beliefs, I'll use the example of typology. Ti's beliefs would be systemic, so something like "there are 8 cognitive functions which relate to each other in a certain way, and manifest in a particular order as a configuration of all 8 of them", whereas Fi's beliefs on the subject might be something along the lines of "no type is better than any other type", "there is much more to a person than just their type code".

Now, if you've internalised the type model fairly well, what you should be able to do is to think about a particular function or type and your brain will automatically - if you do it right - reconfigure itself in line with that function/type. For example, you might think of Se, and notice that you become more aware of what's around you in the environment. Doing so for all functions and a range of types will give you a concrete impression of your idea of each of those functions/types, and you can use that to determine which best fits how you naturally function (with natural functioning not being just a pure type and actually having all 8 functions, but with certain characteristics that showing more strongly than others).

* actually I think there is a selfish and selfless manifestation of all functions. So selfish Fe might be motivated more by social prestige, and selfless Te would be motivated by strengthening the functioning of some collective system.

So selfish Fe might help people so that people will think highly of them, not really caring about the people their helping so only wanting really to appear to be doing good, not caring if they're actually doing good,
And selfish Te might strengthen a system, but only so they can get a cut of the profits, so they'd be willing to cut corners in ways that weaken the system if it will make them more profit.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] As I was reading what you wrote, an important distinction came to mind. Fe + Ni simply knows the emotional state of another person. Ne + Fi might feel, but it is more self-focused.

I'll say that helping others is one of the most motivating things for me. If I know that I can take action to help a person, then I will be inspired and can make a lot of effort in doing so. Helping myself on the other hand is comparatively more difficult.

Really related to this, btw. So, rightly or wrongly, I'm leaning toward Fe for myself. I seem to be incredibly "other" focused (and very motivated to help them).

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] As I was reading what you wrote, an important distinction came to mind. Fe + Ni simply knows the emotional state of another person. Ne + Fi might feel, but it is more self-focused.

Really related to this, btw. So, rightly or wrongly, I'm leaning toward Fe for myself. I seem to be incredibly "other" focused (and very motivated to help them).

Regarding emotional states, I'll provide an example and how I would interpret it function-wise...

Suppose a person was sad, but was pretending to be happy. I think an Fe+Ni user in this situation might realise that something is off but be unable to really pin-point what it is, so since the social cues are suggesting a happy interaction, they will interact accordingly while inwardly trying to piece together what is happening (which would likely consist of tweaking the perspective with which they're interpreting the situation until things start to become more clear - Ni is like the lens through which you understand something). Fi on the other hand is more likely to be able to accurately determine how the person is feeling because Fi's understanding of emotion is more in terms of an internal state rather than an external manifestation. The way the Ne would probably come into it for an Ne+Fi user is that Ne would perceive the person's behaviour in terms of patterns, and they might for example cross-reference with another time someone was sad and pretended to be happy and notice that the same patterns are manifesting.

Are you thinking of ENFJ or INFJ? I've found INFJ to be a very common typing on these sorts of forum. I have a text-based typing method that I use. I haven't analysed you according to it but I will hopefully get around to doing that later today.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Regarding emotional states, I'll provide an example and how I would interpret it function-wise...

Suppose a person was sad, but was pretending to be happy. I think an Fe+Ni user in this situation might realise that something is off but be unable to really pin-point what it is, so since the social cues are suggesting a happy interaction, they will interact accordingly while inwardly trying to piece together what is happening (which would likely consist of tweaking the perspective with which they're interpreting the situation until things start to become more clear - Ni is like the lens through which you understand something). Fi on the other hand is more likely to be able to accurately determine how the person is feeling because Fi's understanding of emotion is more in terms of an internal state rather than an external manifestation. The way the Ne would probably come into it for an Ne+Fi user is that Ne would perceive the person's behaviour in terms of patterns, and they might for example cross-reference with another time someone was sad and pretended to be happy and notice that the same patterns are manifesting.

Are you thinking of ENFJ or INFJ? I've found INFJ to be a very common typing on these sorts of forum. I have a text-based typing method that I use. I haven't analysed you according to it but I will hopefully get around to doing that later today.

ENFJ, I think? Again, I think I'm too other focused to be INFJ, but I guess with Fe it can be difficult to tell. Do I strike you as more of a introvert?

And whatever results you get from the text-based method I'd love to know.