• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
anyone who has ever met me irl and knows about mbti is like "DAMN you are such an enfp."

online a lot of people think there's no way i could be an extrovert. someone once told me my grades were too good for me to be an enfp... o_O

Metis

I've always thought [MENTION=30038]Gentleman Jack[/MENTION] seemed like an ESFP.

He seems to act with a lot of Fe, and that's one of the reasons I bought ESFJ.

I still feel ESFP, though. I've never really believed the ESTP claim.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Belief does not make something so, or not so. People are the type they are whether you believe it or not.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me! I shall shed the shallow trivialities of type and personality... And embrace obscure typelessness. None of you have a handle on me!

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On second thought. Inb4 I'm actually INTP.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess I’m sp/so instead of so/sx, because
- I misunderstood some things about all three instincts, and
- I heavily pivoted sp-wards after undergrad

Meaning: I’m boring now. Yay!

Related, it’s interesting and counterintuitive that sp/so is actually warmer than so/sp. Not something I expected.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I guess I’m sp/so instead of so/sx, because
- I misunderstood some things about all three instincts, and
- I heavily pivoted sp-wards after undergrad

Meaning: I’m boring now. Yay!

Related, it’s interesting and counterintuitive that sp/so is actually warmer than so/sp. Not something I expected.

Maybe yes, maybe no. (I do see a lot of Sp stuff with you relating to health, finances, home, time/energy, security, cleanliness, quality of products, etc. etc. etc.)
BUT... intstincts do no "pivot" as they are the most instinctual and thus core part of our personality. I find that the best way to truly figure out your dominant instinct is to casually observe your thoughts for some period of time. You will focus in on your primary literally all the time, and it's weird once you discover what it is because you never realized before that you dedicated so much energy viewing the world through one lens.

Or, alternatively, imagine and visualize that you are a young wild animal who was separated from its pack and left to fend for yourself. What are you going to do to survive?
A. Strength in numbers - search the land until you find a new pack who will take you in.
B. Seek a partner - search the land hoping to discover a strong partner.
C. Seek shelter - find somewhere safe, and when the coast is clear, get out to do your hunting. Rinse and repeat.

I didn't think there was ANY way I could be self-preservation for the longest time because I can be so "out there" in terms of boldness, but truth be told, overall I am highly focused on preserving my well-being and let very little in to my inner world because I realize the cost of such things. To be fair though, Sp 4 isn't exactly the most reserved version of Sp (we aren't called dauntless or tenacious for nothing).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION] when I say I pivoted towards sp... I think I really disdained a lot of stereotypically sp things for a long time. Made irresponsible choices as a sacrifice for friends, groups, loved ones, and The Goal. And I looked down on people who took better care of themselves, because I thought it was selfish. It’s only been since that attitude started actively hurting me, that I heavily pivoted the opposite direction. So, it’s hard to look back at myself and see sp-first when so much of me imitated (at the very least) sp-blindness.

That said, I think I always would have answered your question in favor of finding shelter and hunting for food. Can’t rely on other people to be there to help, so, better get comfortable before making that companionship side-quest.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION] when I say I pivoted towards sp... I think I really disdained a lot of stereotypically sp things for a long time. Made irresponsible choices as a sacrifice for friends, groups, loved ones, and The Goal. And I looked down on people who took better care of themselves, because I thought it was selfish. It’s only been since that attitude started actively hurting me, that I heavily pivoted the opposite direction. So, it’s hard to look back at myself and see sp-first when so much of me imitated (at the very least) sp-blindness.

That said, I think I always would have answered your question in favor of finding shelter and hunting for food. Can’t rely on other people to be there to help, so, better get comfortable before making that companionship side-quest.

It's possible to have a negative relationship with your instincts, but I cannot recall the details at the moment.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I think [MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION] might be an ENTx