• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Im now an INFJ. This is my new hat-do you like?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Windows is the error. I am the true form.

I agree about Windows. It is little better than a virus. Got rid of it at home years ago.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows is the error. I am the true form.

"He is I and I am him"

Aybabtu.png

Amberiat

Infinity

Funny, I just read that article a couple of hours ago.

Seems like the usual stereotyping to me actually, doesn't give any valid pointers or deep insights, just obvious things really. Oh and all of the mistypes are intuitives and they are most likely sensors 90% of the time, while statistically speaking there are more sensors than intuitives (which is also probably because the less intelligent intuitives get stereotyped as dumb sensors and vice versa) in reality mistyping as an INTJ or INFJ doesn't make you more likely to be an ISTJ or ISFJ specifically.

Bottom line is that article is garbage in more ways than one. Even the "good" things in it are bloody obvious and don't help much anyway.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Funny, I just read that article a couple of hours ago. Seems like the usual stereotyping to me actually, doesn't give any valid pointers or deep insights, just obvious things really. Oh and all of the mistypes are intuitives and they are most likely sensors 90% of the time, while statistically speaking there are more sensors than intuitives (which is also probably because the less intelligent intuitives get stereotyped as dumb sensors and vice versa) in reality mistyping as an INTJ or INFJ doesn't make you more likely to be an ISTJ or ISFJ specifically. Bottom line is that article is garbage in more ways than one. Even the "good" things in it are bloody obvious and don't help much anyway.
Yeah, same old to a point. But that depends on how well read on the subject the reader is, and whether you read things as gospel or as a thought provoker.

I think there is some truth to the dom Nx types being misrepresented often in forums, especially the feelers. In a way these four types should be the most abstract and theoretical, and all very open minded regardless of intelligence. Like a closed minded non-philosophical INFJ probably isn't an INFJ, and an ENFP who doesnt question everything and spend their time contemplating crazy theories probably isn't an ENFP. Still there can be this super focus on the F part of types on forums that ignores this and says theoretical is NT. It doesn't just mean some Nx doms who are feelers put T in their type because they are obviously theoretical and not particularly emo, but also some who are very feelery and not at all theoretical incorrectly choose Nx dom feeler.

The rigid INTJs probably aren't INTJs also. The ENTP trolls probably are ENTP :), but some seem very linear and rigid for Ne dominants.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think there is some truth to the dom Nx types being misrepresented often in forums, especially the feelers. In a way these four types should be the most abstract and theoretical, and all very open minded regardless of intelligence. Like a closed minded non-philosophical INFJ probably isn't an INFJ, and an ENFP who doesnt question everything and spend their time contemplating crazy theories probably isn't an ENFP. Still there can be this super focus on the F part of types on forums that ignores this and says theoretical is NT. It doesn't just mean some Nx doms who are feelers put T in their type because they are obviously theoretical and not particularly emo, but also some who are very feelery and not at all theoretical incorrectly choose Nx dom feeler.

The rigid INTJs probably aren't INTJs also. The ENTP trolls probably are ENTP :), but some seem very linear and rigid for Ne dominants.
One thing we need to keep in mind here is that, if we are determining closed-mindedness, lack of questioning, interest in crazy theories, rigidity, etc. based on behavior, or even self-reported preferences, these can sometimes be strongly influenced by extenuating circumstances. People experiencing crises, extreme stress, abuse, or even work demands can develop and internalize habits that go against their inherent preferences, making them appear to be another type. Someone who knows them well, especially in a setting free from these influences, can see through all this - and help them see it themselves - but that might explain some of the mistyping.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree about Windows. It is little better than a virus. Got rid of it at home years ago.

I take it you don't like video games?

This is what Dual boot is for!

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I take it you don't like video games?

This is what Dual boot is for!
I don't play video games. I maintain websites, score music, and do calculations and plotting mostly, and have yet to run into anything that requires me to use windows.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't play video games. I maintain websites, score music, and do calculations and plotting mostly, and have yet to run into anything that requires me to use windows.

Plotting what...I wonder. Lol

I have dual boot for linux, windows for games.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish i was mistyped as like ENFP or 6w7 with maybe So/Sx haha gn

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=34313]RooibosKrayfish[/MENTION] with her PPPP 666 sx/so

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=35920]Ixaerus[/MENTION] is not an 8 :p

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought you decided you were an ENFP... 713? ;)
WAIT HOW DID YOU
I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT THAT

EDIT: Nevermind. I just realized (remembered) I posted it in the TC server.
My bad.